UKC Forums UKC Website :: Hunting Ops :: All-Breed Sports :: Registration :: UKC Online Store
Here you can view your subscribed threads, work with private messages and edit your profile and preferences Registration is free! Calendar Find other members Frequently Asked Questions Search Home  
UKC Forums : Powered by vBulletin version 2.3.0 UKC Forums > Departments > UKC Coonhounds > UKC Conformation Shows
  Last Thread   Next Thread
Author
Thread Post New Thread    Post A Reply
Laura Bell
UKC Forum Member

UKC Conformation Shows

The UKC Conformation Shows could really use a few more Coonhounds in them!
If you're looking to try something new, you should check them out, especially if you have a hound that's already titled on the Bench. If you've ever watched the Westminster Dog Show, picture that, only on a much smaller scale. A few people even showed in blue jeans and a t-shirt, so it's not all dresses and suits.
I'm lucky enough to have a club within a 30min drive from me and had attended a couple of the events just to check them out. I finally entered my first one on Sept. 8th & 9th. I admit, I had noooooooo clue what to do! A couple of my friends were there and I have to say they really helped me out in understanding everything.
This show is done all on the ground, so it is different. Actually, my GRCH that I entered wanted to jump up on the table that they had set in the ring for the smaller breeds! lol She was a little confused by it, but we still made it fun.

CLICK this link to view pics of the event!

https://www.facebook.com/media/set/...mp;l=82ad0693fc

Point wise - Finishing a dog to Champion is actually very easy to do and can be done in one weekend.

To make Grand Champion is a good deal harder and not many coonhounds will finish because of the lack of competition, which is kinda sucky.

These shows start up again in the Ohio area in April, May, July, Aug, and Sept. If you're interested in giving it a try, let me know!

Pic of the ribbons Tanner won -

I even had my little Aussie puppy with me and she won Best Puppy Of Show on Saturday Morning! (photo by Linda R.)

Report this post to a moderator | IP: Logged

Old Post 09-17-2012 09:52 PM
Laura Bell is offline Click Here to See the Profile for Laura Bell Click here to Send Laura Bell a Private Message Click Here to Email Laura Bell Find more posts by Laura Bell Add Laura Bell to your buddy list Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote
Laura Bell
UKC Forum Member

Oh, and I should mention how NICE the people were! If you don't understand something they'll explain it to you and try to help you out.

Old Post 09-17-2012 09:53 PM
Laura Bell is offline Click Here to See the Profile for Laura Bell Click here to Send Laura Bell a Private Message Click Here to Email Laura Bell Find more posts by Laura Bell Add Laura Bell to your buddy list Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote
Cynthia
UKC Forum Member

there is a big one coming up in Hickory NC Oct 6-7

2015 AO Overall Dual Champion NTCH GRCH 'PR' Sexy and I know It (breeder/owner/handler)
2016 Grand American Overall Dual Ch, Overall Show CHampion NTCH GRCH 'PR' Sexy and I know It

AKC CSG, UKC CCH GRCH 'PR' Southern Flame Bad News Bandit (Bandit)
2010 National Grand Champion Bluetick
2013 AO Bluetick Stud Dog winner

CCH GCH 'PR' Southern Flame Elvira - the one that started it all

southernflamekennel@earthlink.net

RIP Southern Flame Elvira (the cornerstone of the kennel) 5/16/02-1/17/14

RIP Southern Flame Scarlet (the lone Redbone) 5/11/01-7/19/13

RIP Southern Flame Wild Irish Rose (Rosie) 6/15/09 - 3/12/15

RIP Southern Flame Too Hot to Trot (Bonnie) 3/27/07 - 4/20/15

RIP Southern Flame Bad News Bandit (Bandit)

RIP Southern Flame Triple Trouble (TT) 12/17/04 - 11/19/16

RIP Southern Flame Blame it on the Rain (Rain)

RIP AdeleMay's a Smokey Bandit (Adele)

RIP Southern Flame I Like Ike (Ike)

RIP Bella the Beagle

Bear, Jerry Lee, Camo, Maybellene, Lacy, Thor, Sissy, Merle, Tina, Bridgette - the Blueticks, Hollie - the Aussie

Old Post 09-18-2012 03:53 PM
Cynthia is offline Click Here to See the Profile for Cynthia Click here to Send Cynthia a Private Message Click Here to Email Cynthia Visit Cynthia's homepage! Find more posts by Cynthia Add Cynthia to your buddy list Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote
jackiec
UKC Forum Member

Laura, it was good to see you at the show. They are alot of fun and like you said the people are very friendly. Wish we could get more coonhounds to show.

Jackie

Old Post 09-18-2012 05:29 PM
jackiec is offline Click Here to See the Profile for jackiec Click here to Send jackiec a Private Message Click Here to Email jackiec Find more posts by jackiec Add jackiec to your buddy list Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote
Cynthia
UKC Forum Member

this is our pup, Creetin, at the AKC conformation show in Pinehurst on Saturday. he got a group 4 in puppy group. He was 6m old on 8/26/12.

2015 AO Overall Dual Champion NTCH GRCH 'PR' Sexy and I know It (breeder/owner/handler)
2016 Grand American Overall Dual Ch, Overall Show CHampion NTCH GRCH 'PR' Sexy and I know It

AKC CSG, UKC CCH GRCH 'PR' Southern Flame Bad News Bandit (Bandit)
2010 National Grand Champion Bluetick
2013 AO Bluetick Stud Dog winner

CCH GCH 'PR' Southern Flame Elvira - the one that started it all

southernflamekennel@earthlink.net

RIP Southern Flame Elvira (the cornerstone of the kennel) 5/16/02-1/17/14

RIP Southern Flame Scarlet (the lone Redbone) 5/11/01-7/19/13

RIP Southern Flame Wild Irish Rose (Rosie) 6/15/09 - 3/12/15

RIP Southern Flame Too Hot to Trot (Bonnie) 3/27/07 - 4/20/15

RIP Southern Flame Bad News Bandit (Bandit)

RIP Southern Flame Triple Trouble (TT) 12/17/04 - 11/19/16

RIP Southern Flame Blame it on the Rain (Rain)

RIP AdeleMay's a Smokey Bandit (Adele)

RIP Southern Flame I Like Ike (Ike)

RIP Bella the Beagle

Bear, Jerry Lee, Camo, Maybellene, Lacy, Thor, Sissy, Merle, Tina, Bridgette - the Blueticks, Hollie - the Aussie

Old Post 09-18-2012 06:04 PM
Cynthia is offline Click Here to See the Profile for Cynthia Click here to Send Cynthia a Private Message Click Here to Email Cynthia Visit Cynthia's homepage! Find more posts by Cynthia Add Cynthia to your buddy list Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote
Laura Bell
UKC Forum Member

Cynthia,
Nice pic! I love the Blues with lots of black! You've been into Conformation shows for a few years now. It's fun to see the hounds go up against the various breeds.

Jackie, Nice seeing you also! Sorry to hear about that flat tire you had on day 2 of shows. I'm definitely going to make it down for your event in April!

Hopefully the Hounds will up their numbers soon. I still like bench shows, but these are a nice change of pace.

Old Post 09-19-2012 05:01 PM
jackiec
UKC Forum Member

Laura, thanks, That was the start of a bad week. Hit a deer, thank goodness no damage, oil light came on, decided to rotate the tires, and then had to have the front lined-up. It can only get better with time.

Hope to see you at our April conformation show. I am finalizing details right now. I will always go to bench shows, but I do enjoy the ground shows also. All the judges and owner/handlers have been great. Ready to answer all the questions we have.

Jackie

Old Post 09-19-2012 05:53 PM
jackiec is offline Click Here to See the Profile for jackiec Click here to Send jackiec a Private Message Click Here to Email jackiec Find more posts by jackiec Add jackiec to your buddy list Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote