UKC Forums UKC Website :: Hunting Ops :: All-Breed Sports :: Registration :: UKC Online Store
Here you can view your subscribed threads, work with private messages and edit your profile and preferences Registration is free! Calendar Find other members Frequently Asked Questions Search Home  
UKC Forums : Powered by vBulletin version 2.3.0 UKC Forums > Departments > UKC Coonhounds > Breeds > Redbones > Preston Owens/Rodeo Redbones
Pages (5): [1] 2 3 » ... Last »   Last Thread   Next Thread
Author
Thread Post New Thread    Post A Reply
Richard Lambert
UKC Forum Member

Preston Owens/Rodeo Redbones

Has anyone seen or heard from him lately? Preston, here is your big chance to be first on the list. Gr Nt Ch Smith's Banjo Cat owned by Rodeo Redbones but leased by Jared started bleeding yesterday. She is a littermate sister to Gr Nt Ch Pigeon River Big Red Jim. I know that you have been patiently waiting on this. Just send your $50 deposit to Jared Hutcherson.

Report this post to a moderator | IP: Logged

Old Post 05-02-2016 04:04 PM
Richard Lambert is offline Click Here to See the Profile for Richard Lambert Click here to Send Richard Lambert a Private Message Click Here to Email Richard Lambert Find more posts by Richard Lambert Add Richard Lambert to your buddy list Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote
Crazy Luke
UKC Forum Member

??????

Preston has vanished… No phoned calls, no emails, no text messages…Nothing… Cat and who???

Old Post 05-03-2016 01:53 AM
Crazy Luke is offline Click Here to See the Profile for Crazy Luke Click here to Send Crazy Luke a Private Message Click Here to Email Crazy Luke Find more posts by Crazy Luke Add Crazy Luke to your buddy list Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote
Richard Lambert
UKC Forum Member

Re: ??????

quote:
Originally posted by Crazy Luke
… Cat and who???

Oh my goodness?

Old Post 05-03-2016 02:23 PM
Richard Lambert is offline Click Here to See the Profile for Richard Lambert Click here to Send Richard Lambert a Private Message Click Here to Email Richard Lambert Find more posts by Richard Lambert Add Richard Lambert to your buddy list Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote
Crazy Luke
UKC Forum Member

Question Or

Or as I see it from my side it could be http://forums.ukcdogs.com/images/ic...icons/icon5.gif

Old Post 05-03-2016 06:04 PM
Crazy Luke is offline Click Here to See the Profile for Crazy Luke Click here to Send Crazy Luke a Private Message Click Here to Email Crazy Luke Find more posts by Crazy Luke Add Crazy Luke to your buddy list Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote
Richard Lambert
UKC Forum Member

Mark, have you hunted with Boone or Hammer or are you going by their "papers"? We are breeding Cat to Boone because of how the Wendy X Jim pups have turned out. Boone and Wendy are half brother/sister and Cat and Jim are littermates. Also Boone is an excellant track dog who gets struck fairly quick and opens good on track. He also likes to be by himself but he will tree with another dog if he has to or needs to. And Boone is a Super Stake Sire. There are a lot of reasons that we are going to breed Cat to Boone. It is a well thought out cross (I think) and has as much or more to do with ability/traits as papers. But we are crossing a Rusty Red X Fireball/B III female back to a Rusty Red X C.D./Pepper/Kate male. Those papers will have to look pretty good. There sure are a lot of Top Dogs and Top Reproducers in there. We can't hardly go wrong with a Gr Nt Ch Boone X Gr Nt Ch Cat cross.

Last edited by Richard Lambert on 05-04-2016 at 03:35 PM

Old Post 05-04-2016 03:32 PM
Crazy Luke
UKC Forum Member

Yes Sir..

Yes I hunted with Boone… Breeding dogs is like rolling a dice..I hope it all works out good for you.. All I said was this is who (I) would breed her to…. You have simply chosen something else…. Don't be offended because I choose another direction. I can only hunt so many pups at one time. I do not breed dogs for the public but do sell my extras. Hammer's daddy was one of my extras that I sold to Preston Owens. He sold him to Wayne and Wayne bred him. I own a pup that is a cousin to Hammer on top and bottom and also an Aunt to Hammer. Hammer's Daddy, Uncle and Aunt all come from one litter of five that produced 2 Gr Nt Champion's…His cousin has a first place in his first hunt entered. You bred to Pigeon River Jim an uncle to Hammer and a half brother to the 3 dogs mentioned above for a reason. Care to share that reason. Probably the same reason I tried to get some pups off him. … So I was simply suggesting that Hammer would be a dog I would be interested in breeding to. I have talked to Wayne and he sounds like a typical Banjo hound. I really enjoy seeing how other crosses work out for other people. Good luck with this cross. Oh and I also hunted with his Grand daddy, Rabble Rouser.

Last edited by Crazy Luke on 05-04-2016 at 08:25 PM

Old Post 05-04-2016 06:54 PM
Corey Gruver
UKC Forum Member

Should be a good cross Richard. Pebble has a lot of Fireball in her too and you see what kind of dogs Bruiser and his littermates turned out to be

Old Post 05-04-2016 07:07 PM
Corey Gruver is offline Click Here to See the Profile for Corey Gruver Click here to Send Corey Gruver a Private Message Find more posts by Corey Gruver Add Corey Gruver to your buddy list Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote
jkhutch
UKC Forum Member

Re: Yes Sir..

quote:
Originally posted by Crazy Luke
Yes I hunted with Boone… Breeding dogs is like rolling a dice..I hope it all works out good for you.. All I said was this is who (I) would breed her to…. You have simply chosen something else…. Don't be offended because I choose another direction. I can only hunt so many pups at one time. I do not breed dogs for the public but do sell my extras. Hammer's daddy was one of my extras that I sold to Preston Owens. He sold him to Wayne and Wayne bred him. I own a pup that is a cousin to Hammer on top and bottom and also an Aunt to Hammer. Hammer's Daddy, Uncle and Aunt all come from one litter of five that produced 2 Gr Nt Champion's…His cousin has a first place in his first hunt entered. You bred to Pigeon River Jim an uncle to Hammer and a half brother to the 3 dogs mentioned above for a reason. Care to share that reason. Probably the same reason I tried to get some pups off him. … So I was simply suggestion that Hammer would be a dog I would be interested in breeding to. I have talked to Wayne and he sounds like a typical Banjo hound. I really enjoy seeing how other crosses work out for other people. Good luck with this cross. Oh and I also hunted with his daddy, Rabble Rouser.

I can be the one to answer this since I'm the one leasing Cat anyways. I think there is alot both of these lines have alot to offer in the competition world. I have hunted and raised Boone until I sold him to Richard. I have hunted with Jim a few times and have taken Cat out several times since she has been at my house. I know its a crap shoot but there is several things in each line that compliments one another. So far from what I've seen the banjo dogs I have hunted they seem to have great tree power and have alot of tree in them. They also seem to have pretty good woods speed to hunt out fairly fast. What I think Boone will compliment them on is striking ability and track speed. Boone was very quick on track and was almost always a first to second honest strike dog when he was younger. He was always a really good tree dog. I feel like he lacked in couple of areas (as with any dog). I would have liked for him hunt out a little quicker on a recut in the woods. He always hunted good and went as deep as it took but I would have liked for him to do it a little faster. Boone was never really a born tree dog, he treed when he had a coon but rarely would gamble. There is a few times especially in the summer I wouldnt mind a little more of a gamble, especially hunting $KC. I feel that these should be some naturally independant, track driving, hard hunting, quick striking ,tree dogs. Isnt this what we are looking for anyways!!
This is a cross I feel that should be great, and yes Cory is correct I have a Boone and Pebble Male at house now that is 17 months and makes it look easy alot of nights. You dont find to many 17 month redbones that can do what he can by himself. He goes at deep as it takes to get one treed and has very quick track driving speed. The female at the house who is out of Boone and Toadie is in my mind one of the best females in the breed today. She is a very quick heads up type track dog and has great hunting ability as well. There probably isnt but a handful of redbone females that can hunt out like she does and she does it fast. And Boone is off of Haze not Rabble.
I hope this answers your question Mark.

GRNTCH PKC Ch PR Hutch's Big Walnut Boone HTX DNA-V(Haze X Reba)-
2 Time UKC World Top 100
UKC World Top 20 (13th)
UKC Purina Redbone of the year
PKC Redbone CH
UKC Top Producers List
UKC Winter Classic High Scoring Redbone
Co owned with Richard Lambert

GrNtCh PKC Ch One Chance Fancy- (Boone X Toadie)
2018 Autumn Oaks Grand 16
2018 Grand National Redbone
2018 Redbones Days RQE 1st Place

Walkers-
NTCh PKC CH Jeb’s Finley River Peanut- Co owned with Bishop Stallcop
Claremont PKC Legacy hunt Final 4
PKC Breeders Showcase Final 4

Last edited by jkhutch on 05-04-2016 at 08:10 PM

Old Post 05-04-2016 08:05 PM
jkhutch is offline Click Here to See the Profile for jkhutch Click here to Send jkhutch a Private Message Find more posts by jkhutch Add jkhutch to your buddy list Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote
Richard Lambert
UKC Forum Member

Mark, you know that you can't "offend" me. I tried to get my buddy, Terry Ramey, to breed his nice Nt Ch Ghost X Sister female to Hammer. But this is Jared's litter. He made the decision. Everyone has their own preference as to what style they want. And I also breed to get pups that suit me. I am just glad that Jared and I both like the same "style" of dog.

Last edited by Richard Lambert on 05-05-2016 at 12:43 AM

Old Post 05-05-2016 12:38 AM
Travis O.
UKC Forum Member

I heard from Preston about 3 weeks ago. He sent a picture of a turkey he'd shot in Oklahoma I think. He doesn't get on this board anymore due to all the bs that goes on.

NT CH CROOKED RIVER TWO TONE ZEB
NT CH OLIPHANTS DBL BARREL SHOTGUN
GR NT CH CROOKED RIVER RED TURKEY HTX
NT Ch CROOKED RIVER RED SASSY HTX
CROOKED RIVER REDTICK ROWDY

Old Post 05-05-2016 12:26 PM
Travis O. is offline Click Here to See the Profile for Travis O. Click here to Send Travis O. a Private Message Click Here to Email Travis O. Find more posts by Travis O. Add Travis O. to your buddy list Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote
Richard Lambert
UKC Forum Member

I guess that he just can't handle it. It takes a real tuff man to be able to post on this board. It can get pretty bad at times. I talk to a lot of guys that say they read everything but they are "afraid" to post anything.

Old Post 05-05-2016 02:22 PM
Crazy Luke
UKC Forum Member

Pigeon

I looked outside this morning on my front porch and there was a pigeon pacing back and forth on the brick pier. It had a piece of paper tied to it's leg.. So I grabbed the pigeon and took the piece of paper off of it's leg. It was a note from Preston…He said…" Tell Richard to breed Cat to Hacksaw "Jack". I got the frozen stuff at Never Gone…Preston.. "… That's it… So message delivered. And Travis..I got the same pic… Must be nice to drive around the country, hunting every where you go.

Old Post 05-05-2016 06:54 PM
Preston Owens
UKC Forum Member

Thumbs up Richard

Old Post 05-07-2016 03:13 PM
Preston Owens is offline Click Here to See the Profile for Preston Owens Click here to Send Preston Owens a Private Message Find more posts by Preston Owens Add Preston Owens to your buddy list Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote
Richard Lambert
UKC Forum Member

See Crazy Guy, you just have to use the right bait.

Old Post 05-07-2016 03:24 PM
Richard Lambert
UKC Forum Member

Only 63 more days, July 13th....

Old Post 05-11-2016 03:15 PM
Richard Lambert
UKC Forum Member

If you are wondering why Jared wanted to breed Cat to Boone, check out this video. It is 11 mos old Rhonda treeing a coon all by herself. She went 700 yds before she struck and then grubbed a bad track for another 400 yds before she treed. Rhonda is out of Jim (Cat's littermate) X Wendy (Boone's 1/2 sister).

Last edited by Richard Lambert on 05-27-2016 at 12:00 AM

Old Post 05-26-2016 11:39 PM
Preston Owens
UKC Forum Member

😂

I cant leave you fellas alone without everyone getting in a panic 🤣 I can be reached the easiest by text 8709178842

Richard, I'm glad you finally have seen the light and got on Team Fireball 😂

Old Post 01-04-2019 03:47 PM
Preston Owens is offline Click Here to See the Profile for Preston Owens Click here to Send Preston Owens a Private Message Find more posts by Preston Owens Add Preston Owens to your buddy list Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote
Richard Lambert
UKC Forum Member

Finally?? I have been on Team T-Top Fireball for about 5 years now.

Old Post 01-04-2019 04:22 PM
Preston Owens
UKC Forum Member

quote:
Originally posted by Richard Lambert
Finally?? I have been on Team T-Top Fireball for about 5 years now.

🤣😂

Old Post 01-05-2019 01:08 AM
Deon Collins
UKC Forum Member

Where r they now?

?????

PR CH NITECH HTX Old Time Grit TSUNAMI (2 Win Toward Grand)
PR Old Time Grit Mystique (full sister to Tsunami)
PR Old Time Grit Slick (2 First RIP) (BANJoxHeidi)
NITECH Josie (Banjo III x Heidi)
PUP Rodeo Grit MaeB (GrNT May x Pigeon River Big Jim)
PUP RODEO GRIT LUNA (Penny x Pistol)

"If a dog can't tree a Coon by itself with out another dog or the owner walking it over a track it ain't a COONDOG".

"Without Grit You Can't Have A COONDOG"

Old Post 01-26-2019 02:36 AM
Deon Collins is offline Click Here to See the Profile for Deon Collins Click here to Send Deon Collins a Private Message Click Here to Email Deon Collins Find more posts by Deon Collins Add Deon Collins to your buddy list Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote
Deon Collins
UKC Forum Member

I’ve owned and hunted

I’ve owned or hunted... Cat, Jim, Slick, Josie, And Penny.. all banjo III x Heidi... Has anyone ever thought that maybe it’s Heidi? I just used a Banjo straw on a female and I like the pups... But someone needs to recognize Derek for making one of the best crosses ever... I have multiple Banjo III crosses planned in the next two years.. But Derek Has input on al of them... i hope to improve the breed..

PR CH NITECH HTX Old Time Grit TSUNAMI (2 Win Toward Grand)
PR Old Time Grit Mystique (full sister to Tsunami)
PR Old Time Grit Slick (2 First RIP) (BANJoxHeidi)
NITECH Josie (Banjo III x Heidi)
PUP Rodeo Grit MaeB (GrNT May x Pigeon River Big Jim)
PUP RODEO GRIT LUNA (Penny x Pistol)

"If a dog can't tree a Coon by itself with out another dog or the owner walking it over a track it ain't a COONDOG".

"Without Grit You Can't Have A COONDOG"

Old Post 01-26-2019 03:00 AM
Deon Collins is offline Click Here to See the Profile for Deon Collins Click here to Send Deon Collins a Private Message Click Here to Email Deon Collins Find more posts by Deon Collins Add Deon Collins to your buddy list Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote
Preston Owens
UKC Forum Member

Re: I’ve owned and hunted

quote:
Originally posted by Deon Collins
I’ve owned or hunted... Cat, Jim, Slick, Josie, And Penny.. all banjo III x Heidi... Has anyone ever thought that maybe it’s Heidi? I just used a Banjo straw on a female and I like the pups... But someone needs to recognize Derek for making one of the best crosses ever... I have multiple Banjo III crosses planned in the next two years.. But Derek Has input on al of them... i hope to improve the breed..

Derek is a great guy, Hiedi definitely played a part. So did Mandolin when Lucas made his cross.

Deon, did you hunt with any of the older Banjo dogs? I did. The high gear is a Fireball/Banjo trait. Out crossing to good females worked very good. If you wanna visit sometime on Banjo holler at me.

Old Post 01-26-2019 01:03 PM
Preston Owens
UKC Forum Member

Exclamation Richard

I spent a couple hours on the phone yesterday with Mr Fireball. He is really glad you came on over to our side 😂😂 it was really good to visit with him. Even at 78 he is sharp on these old dogs. Something he told me I thought I'd share. He said a good dog is good no matter where it came from. Keeping good dogs isnt as easy as seeing one.

Old Post 01-26-2019 01:28 PM
Richard Lambert
UKC Forum Member

I always wondered why B III/Fireball got all of the credit. Maybe I am still on Team Hoffmeister after all.

Old Post 01-26-2019 01:43 PM
Preston Owens
UKC Forum Member

🤣😂

[QUOTE]Originally posted by Richard Lambert
[B]I always wondered why B III/Fireball got all of the credit. Maybe I am still on Team Hoffmeister after all.

Ya never know what your gonna get when you out cross. I'd say your covering your bases with the litter you just raised 😂

Old Post 01-26-2019 01:46 PM