UKC Forums UKC Website :: Hunting Ops :: All-Breed Sports :: Registration :: UKC Online Store
Here you can view your subscribed threads, work with private messages and edit your profile and preferences Registration is free! Calendar Find other members Frequently Asked Questions Search Home  
UKC Forums : Powered by vBulletin version 2.3.0 UKC Forums > Departments > UKC Coonhounds > Add Money to UKC world hunt?
Should Ukc add Money prizes to world hunt?
You do not have permission to vote on this poll.
Yes I could use the money! 109 69.43%
No Im stubborn and set in my ways. 48 30.57%
Total: 157 votes 100%
  [Edit Poll (moderators only)]

Pages (3): « 1 [2] 3 »   Last Thread   Next Thread
Author
Thread Post New Thread    Post A Reply
WLDCHINSANEJANE
UKC Forum Member

Voice your opinions

Keep pushing for it, surely they will see what the most of us want. I know it mean more work for you Allen but I will buy u lunch every time I see you, lol.

Report this post to a moderator | IP: Logged

Old Post 05-04-2012 09:36 PM
WLDCHINSANEJANE is offline Click Here to See the Profile for WLDCHINSANEJANE Click here to Send WLDCHINSANEJANE a Private Message Find more posts by WLDCHINSANEJANE Add WLDCHINSANEJANE to your buddy list Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote
BigRig2000
Banned

Ain't but one thing I like better than money.....

Old Post 05-04-2012 09:56 PM
BigRig2000 is offline Click Here to See the Profile for BigRig2000 Click here to Send BigRig2000 a Private Message Click Here to Email BigRig2000 Find more posts by BigRig2000 Add BigRig2000 to your buddy list Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote
Cry Tough Blues
UKC Forum Member

quote:
Originally posted by CLJohnson
I agree, it isn't a bad idea, but in a way UKC pays you if you win the world, with the prestige, the World Champion ALWAYS goes on to breed a few litters, whether they turn out or not is not UKC's problem. Go try and make a stud dog with him just being titled in PKC/AKC/ACHA. It won't happen. JMO

i disagree with this statement

Old Post 05-04-2012 10:39 PM
Cry Tough Blues is offline Click Here to See the Profile for Cry Tough Blues Click here to Send Cry Tough Blues a Private Message Find more posts by Cry Tough Blues Add Cry Tough Blues to your buddy list Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote
GA DAWG
UKC Forum Member

Probably want none of us on here talking about it win it anyhow but we are the ones paying for it and in the slim to none chance I was to get there. Id like to get some money. Plus Id try harder to get there if money winning was involved. We could also just buy 10 or 15 k worth of trophy shop visa cards. Just so the ones that like trophy's better than money can have em plenty of trophy's lol.

Old Post 05-04-2012 11:09 PM
GA DAWG is offline Click Here to See the Profile for GA DAWG Click here to Send GA DAWG a Private Message Click Here to Email GA DAWG Find more posts by GA DAWG Add GA DAWG to your buddy list Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote
BigRig2000
Banned

Ima gonna win it all....

Old Post 05-04-2012 11:16 PM
BigRig2000 is offline Click Here to See the Profile for BigRig2000 Click here to Send BigRig2000 a Private Message Click Here to Email BigRig2000 Find more posts by BigRig2000 Add BigRig2000 to your buddy list Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote
GA DAWG
UKC Forum Member

You want the money or the visa gift cards to a trophy shop??? LOL!

Old Post 05-04-2012 11:19 PM
GA DAWG is offline Click Here to See the Profile for GA DAWG Click here to Send GA DAWG a Private Message Click Here to Email GA DAWG Find more posts by GA DAWG Add GA DAWG to your buddy list Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote
Joe S.
UKC Forum Member

yeah about 25k would be sufficient

Old Post 05-05-2012 12:29 AM
Joe S. is offline Click Here to See the Profile for Joe S. Click here to Send Joe S. a Private Message Click Here to Email Joe S. Visit Joe S.'s homepage! Find more posts by Joe S. Add Joe S. to your buddy list Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote
R_Wilson
UKC Forum Member

most prestegious??? I sure do hope there s better hounds and fairer judges than the weekend hunts draw..just sayin

HOME OF 2011 ST.JUDE CHAMPION
HATCHIE RV. MAX

FUELED BY:
SPORTMIX 24/20

Old Post 05-05-2012 03:30 AM
R_Wilson is offline Click Here to See the Profile for R_Wilson Click here to Send R_Wilson a Private Message Click Here to Email R_Wilson Find more posts by R_Wilson Add R_Wilson to your buddy list Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote
T Felderman
UKC Forum Member

quote:
Originally posted by JDC
Sure it is the most prestigious title in the world but if it could be made better then I see no reason to not try and improve the prize package. I am for this if it is kept reasonable something like $5 add to RQE entry. I am not for this if its going to raise the cost where the little man has a hard time competing.

Agreed !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Old Post 05-05-2012 04:03 AM
T Felderman is offline Click Here to See the Profile for T Felderman Click here to Send T Felderman a Private Message Find more posts by T Felderman Add T Felderman to your buddy list Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote
josh
UKC Forum Member

I guess its pretty easy for most of us to sit here and talk about how nice it would be to add $$$ to the the world hunt.....Much like when we started getting those performance checks, all of a sudden there were threads about ways of increasing the payout.....

I dont care one way or the other.

But, I really doubt partisipation would increase because of a cash prize.

Old Post 05-05-2012 04:14 AM
josh is offline Click Here to See the Profile for josh Click here to Send josh a Private Message Click Here to Email josh Find more posts by josh Add josh to your buddy list Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote
Nat Thomas
Banned

Last edited by Nat Thomas on 05-05-2012 at 08:49 AM

Old Post 05-05-2012 06:00 AM
Nat Thomas is offline Click Here to See the Profile for Nat Thomas Click here to Send Nat Thomas a Private Message Click Here to Email Nat Thomas Find more posts by Nat Thomas Add Nat Thomas to your buddy list Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote
R_Wilson
UKC Forum Member

quote:
Originally posted by Nat Thomas
I would like to know how the people that claim the ukc world championship is "the most prestigious title" come to this conclusion? Is it because many a UKC world champion, or Purina champion, or national grand night champion, and on and on and on... have tried to jump the fence and came back eating a slice of humble pie? Or because world champions that won it on the other side of the fence made grntch in 8a hunts to make their papers look better when breeding females and never went to another one because the world ch title that they won paid off a good chunk of their mortgage? I'm just wondering how y'all can make such a statement of fact when its clearly 100% opinion.

Nat, u remember a few yrs ago the UKC world champ rolled into Salem and boy there was alot of buzz on this board...oh my he is gonna win it all there too...first ever dual registry world champ...
Hunted all 5 nights and NEVER WON LATE!!!!

I dont know many UKC dogs tht can compete in tht arena...and these die hard trophy hunters cant stand it when the big boys roll up...there beat before they ever unsnap most of the time...Nat you have opened my eyes as to why these plaque boys hate "the other side"

HATCHIE RV. MAX

FUELED BY:
SPORTMIX 24/20

Old Post 05-05-2012 07:26 AM
R_Wilson is offline Click Here to See the Profile for R_Wilson Click here to Send R_Wilson a Private Message Click Here to Email R_Wilson Find more posts by R_Wilson Add R_Wilson to your buddy list Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote
Stokes08
UKC Forum Member

i will say this we got a few in this year and we wont be going cause theres no money involved and its a heavy running month in PKC and if your in the state race you need the money on your dog...might change our mind if there was a hunk of change up for grabs

Old Post 05-08-2012 01:40 AM
Stokes08 is offline Click Here to See the Profile for Stokes08 Click here to Send Stokes08 a Private Message Find more posts by Stokes08 Add Stokes08 to your buddy list Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote
JOE MCAVOY

Ukc will never make it a $ hunt..... lets face it ukc is more like a novice class or beginner class nothing more.... if you want $ from the ukc world hunt get a black n tan aren't they paying 10k to the world champion black dog.... after the world hunt is over sell it ! Get another one next year !

Old Post 05-08-2012 02:34 AM
Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote
longshot
UKC Forum Member

quote:
Originally posted by JOE MCAVOY
.... if you want $ from the ukc world hunt get a black n tan aren't they paying 10k to the world champion black dog!

Yep , we already have $10,000 ready to pay out. There are only 45 B&T's qualified so far. Click here for the list so far:
http://forums.ukcdogs.com/showthrea...threadid=487958

Old Post 05-08-2012 02:49 AM
longshot is offline Click Here to See the Profile for longshot Click here to Send longshot a Private Message Find more posts by longshot Add longshot to your buddy list Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote
Stokes08
UKC Forum Member

isnt AKC doing the same with the Blueticks

Old Post 05-08-2012 03:22 AM
Stokes08 is offline Click Here to See the Profile for Stokes08 Click here to Send Stokes08 a Private Message Find more posts by Stokes08 Add Stokes08 to your buddy list Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote
R_Wilson
UKC Forum Member

quote:
Ukc will never make it a $ hunt..... lets face it ukc is more like a novice class or beginner class nothing more....

AGREED 100%

HATCHIE RV. MAX

FUELED BY:
SPORTMIX 24/20

Old Post 05-08-2012 03:30 AM
l.lyle
Banned

quote:
Originally posted by R_Wilson
AGREED 100%
I wonder why Allen had the foresight to list an off topic about the Derby? Last year I thought itwas about the Derby and lo and behold it was about the pup Derby. LOL. This year seems to me it is about The Kentucky Derby. I' saying if you boys got somethin special , then let me reiterate the rule about a dog MAY meet a handler off the tree and go back and tree Satisfactorily. You can't be dumb enough to say "that dogs head was lowere when he trotted ten steps to his master and in two seconds was back on the tree than it was when he was standing on that tree when we got here. OR CAN YOU say that? Particularly if it can get a dog scratched for " going back" on track and Chasing off game in that 2 seconds. LOL Some judges have a WILD IMAGINATION. Excuse me while I bow and curtsey to the future winner. LOL LOL If you are chasing money , There is a thing that Gentlemen offer up in called the Tripple Crown. You still have to pay to play. They don't haul your horse the starting gate for free or give that horse a guanteed income either for showing up.

Old Post 05-08-2012 06:43 AM
l.lyle is offline Click Here to See the Profile for l.lyle Click here to Send l.lyle a Private Message Click Here to Email l.lyle Find more posts by l.lyle Add l.lyle to your buddy list Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote
Tyler Vaden
UKC Forum Member

l.lyle when you get on here late it gets crazy good like that time there was that car race that the horse named Big Brown won right after Dale hit the wall in trun 3 I once had bootick call cat that treed deer day or night that new Boss light is cool but chevy anit what they are knew but I like pizza when it gets late any way any body seen the blue moon tonight or some Paps bule ribion I always drink the red cool aid. what light goes in a night lite 40 what?

Old Post 05-08-2012 07:51 AM
Tyler Vaden is offline Click Here to See the Profile for Tyler Vaden Click here to Send Tyler Vaden a Private Message Click Here to Email Tyler Vaden Find more posts by Tyler Vaden Add Tyler Vaden to your buddy list Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote
l.lyle
Banned

If you have a problem, Then do like me and Ponder on it. The answer will come if you can THINk.

Old Post 05-08-2012 08:07 AM
l.lyle is offline Click Here to See the Profile for l.lyle Click here to Send l.lyle a Private Message Click Here to Email l.lyle Find more posts by l.lyle Add l.lyle to your buddy list Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote
Robert Johnson
UKC Forum Member

adding to the cost of going to an rqe is not the answer. UKC prides itself, and they should, by trying hard to have a world hunt that the average Joe can go to and compete. While i can agree a $5.00 added fee isn't much, in terms of entry fee, if you look around, the entrys have been off everywhere this year. Everywhere i have been, and folks i have talked to have stated the cost to get here is to high. What cost? GASOLINE. People can not afford to ride the long distances anymore, unless they are being banked rolled by those who can. The big hunt entries are down, the local hunt entries are down, and why? COST TO GET THERE! It is time to wake up. Our illegal occupier in the White House wants our cost to rise even more. OH YES, he is on record of saying it himself. He wants our GAS prices to be as they are in Europe. You think things are bad now, just wait. $5.00 per gallon gas, and everything else rises in cost, folks just will not be able to attend the sport that a lot of us love. NO, the KISS method works very well, and has for some 36 years now. That is KEEP IT SIMPLE STUPID. UKC should be commended for trying to do just that. Not drug through the mud saying they are the money hungry registry that wants it all. Know that other registry thinks that way enough for all of them.

Johnson Creek Kennels
home of:
UKC Grand Nite Champion "PR" Yadkin River Addkis. Deceased 12/11/2016 RIP

2009/2010/2011/2012 AKC GA. State Leader and Supreme Grand Nite Champion Yadkin River Addkis

2010 ACHA Georgia State Champion Grand Nite Champion Yadkin River Addkis

PKC Champion Yadkin River Addkis

Bright Eye Lights

Treeing Walkers

912-663-5287 cell (perfered)

Old Post 05-08-2012 12:33 PM
Robert Johnson is offline Click Here to See the Profile for Robert Johnson Click here to Send Robert Johnson a Private Message Click Here to Email Robert Johnson Find more posts by Robert Johnson Add Robert Johnson to your buddy list Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote
JOE MCAVOY

quote:
Originally posted by Tyler Vaden
l.lyle when you get on here late it gets crazy good like that time there was that car race that the horse named Big Brown won right after Dale hit the wall in trun 3 I once had bootick call cat that treed deer day or night that new Boss light is cool but chevy anit what they are knew but I like pizza when it gets late any way any body seen the blue moon tonight or some Paps bule ribion I always drink the red cool aid. what light goes in a night lite 40 what?
lol i never understand what he talks about either !

Old Post 05-08-2012 01:50 PM
Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote
R_Wilson
UKC Forum Member

quote:
lol i never understand what he talks about either !

LOL talk abt left field!!!! Tyler my sides hurt from tht one bud!!!

HATCHIE RV. MAX

FUELED BY:
SPORTMIX 24/20

Old Post 05-08-2012 02:51 PM
GA DAWG
UKC Forum Member

I guess only money men read this site. Cause the poll results are over whelming in favor of money. It might just increase participation.

Old Post 05-08-2012 05:14 PM
Rough Northern
UKC Forum Member

I would be very surprised if added money would increase participation. I would make a small wager that this kennel club on average enters more dogs than the $KC world hunt. Now I'm talking about different dogs not dogs that have lost 2-3-4 nights and keep reentering.

UKC enter 600+ dogs consistantly, $KC may enter around the 500.

This year will be different. I think they will be lucky to get 450 because of the location.

Last edited by Rough Northern on 05-08-2012 at 05:45 PM

Old Post 05-08-2012 05:39 PM
Rough Northern is offline Click Here to See the Profile for Rough Northern Click here to Send Rough Northern a Private Message Find more posts by Rough Northern Add Rough Northern to your buddy list Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote