UKC Forums UKC Website :: Hunting Ops :: All-Breed Sports :: Registration :: UKC Online Store
Here you can view your subscribed threads, work with private messages and edit your profile and preferences Registration is free! Calendar Find other members Frequently Asked Questions Search Home  
UKC Forums : Powered by vBulletin version 2.3.0 UKC Forums > UKC Free Classifieds > Coonhound Classifieds > Blueticks: Stud Dog and Kennel Promotion > Nitech Grch Smokey River Blue Buck Jr Htx3
Pages (7): « 1 2 [3] 4 5 » ... Last »   Last Thread   Next Thread
Author
Thread Post New Thread    Post A Reply
nextcoonhunters
UKC Forum Member

Been havin fun

Got the opportunity to hunt buggs for a bit. He's looking good. Passed an htx on Thursday night. And everyone that lays eyes on him say that's he is a dog gone good looking dog. Queenie passed another htx that night as well. Two coon no problem. The guy with Snickers called and is coming up this fall to show him off. So lately just, been having fun here.

Report this post to a moderator | IP: Logged

Old Post 05-04-2019 02:50 PM
nextcoonhunters is offline Click Here to See the Profile for nextcoonhunters Click here to Send nextcoonhunters a Private Message Find more posts by nextcoonhunters Add nextcoonhunters to your buddy list Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote
nextcoonhunters
UKC Forum Member

Buggs looking good

Last edited by nextcoonhunters on 02-28-2020 at 02:01 PM

Old Post 05-07-2019 07:01 PM
nextcoonhunters is offline Click Here to See the Profile for nextcoonhunters Click here to Send nextcoonhunters a Private Message Find more posts by nextcoonhunters Add nextcoonhunters to your buddy list Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote
nextcoonhunters
UKC Forum Member

Last night

Rodger Lathrop from KS came over last night, for a hunt. We took Rivers, Queenie, Doodle, and Rodger's female. We had a great hunt. Rivers Doodle and Rodger's on the first drop. They treed a coon, Doodle went with em and was treeing when we got there. looked good for the first drop at night. Then we turned Rodger's and Queenie out. Rodger's treed we went in queenie worked track right by us on the way in. Rodger's dog had a coon, Looked good doin it, meanwhile queenie still workin track right past us. Just as we recut Rodger's Queenie treed. Rodger's backed her and sure thing they had it. Then headed to the next spot one ran across in front of us. We cut Doodle loose, with no luck so we gave him some help, Queenie. She found him right off the road and treed him. Last drop we cut Rodger's and Rivers they had some trouble but got treed in there. You bet, they had it. We called it a night, while we were still ahead. Rodger said if I needed a reference on Queenie he be happy to give one. He said she looked good to him.

Rodger thanks for coming over and hunting. You're welcome back anytime.

Old Post 05-11-2019 03:46 PM
nextcoonhunters
UKC Forum Member

Queenie

Queenie hunted Queenie Friday night and won the Mayveiw hunt. Now Queenie lives in Iowa. Went up last night and had a good enough hunt that Ron bought her. Ron I hope she does good for you.
Showed Baby BJ X RIVERS at an RQE Saturday night and won and got qualified for the world show. The lights went out due to the weather, wind blow and poured rain, but in the dark the judge thought she looked good. lol

Old Post 05-23-2019 05:54 PM
Rolin Blues
UKC Forum Member

Rolin Blue SR Queen HTX

She looked really good last 2 nights after being in heat for 3 weeks. Hunter (12 yrs. old) would have won his cast, if they could have seen coon in big tree of heavy forest. Last night, her & lil bit Country, another 1 yr. old female, were 3 for 3 on getting job done. Headed to Wisc. state youth hunt this weekend with her. Hunter loves how she pounds on the tree. Thx again. Take care, Ron.

Old Post 06-13-2019 11:15 PM
Rolin Blues is offline Click Here to See the Profile for Rolin Blues Click here to Send Rolin Blues a Private Message Find more posts by Rolin Blues Add Rolin Blues to your buddy list Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote
nextcoonhunters
UKC Forum Member

good times

Ron happy she's looking good and getting it done.

Well kinda bad news on Baby. Her RQE win didn't count. She was a day quick of 6 months. But tonight at Marshall she finished out. 4 best of shows and a best of class to make CH. Mark has two best of shows with comp. Baby and Mark are both out of BJ X Rivers. Mark won best male of the show. But fell short against a female for overall dog. So he won Overall best of show opposite sex. Not bad for a 6 month old pup. Megan said "he is a good looking pup".

I've been hunting Buggs, (BJ X MAGS) and he has 2 HTX passes on him. Hunted him in one thrusday night but bad luck. NO faults but couldn't find the coons. Got to love summer hunting. I'll try one more time next Thursday before he heads back home. If you want to know how he's doin call and I'll give you some numbers to call. Paul Vaughn said I should buy him and keep him. He's been lookin good. But Richard said no deal He is ready to get him back and listen to him go.

Old Post 06-16-2019 03:49 AM
Rolin Blues
UKC Forum Member

Congrats

On your winnings.

Queen looked great, but a couple young handler errors cost her cast win. Only 3rd time in woods since she came to Iowa for her & Hunter, but they will get used to each other now. Other girl called treed & he jumped on 2nd tree twice, when neither were treed. Then, Queen had 1st tree on only coon treed plus 2 circles in the rain, but ended up with 25+. B&T won cast with 125+ no minus, so we'll move on to another weekend. Thx again. Take care, Ron.

They did win overall Wisc. State champion with lil bit Country female on bench.

Last edited by Rolin Blues on 06-16-2019 at 07:29 PM

Old Post 06-16-2019 07:24 PM
Rolin Blues is offline Click Here to See the Profile for Rolin Blues Click here to Send Rolin Blues a Private Message Find more posts by Rolin Blues Add Rolin Blues to your buddy list Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote
nextcoonhunters
UKC Forum Member

good deal

Ron tell the kids good job on the bench win. I guess Hunter kind of followed my rule. (Better to take second tree plus than first tree minus) Just tell him second tree minus hurts too. lol I think anyone who has ever hunted in night hunts, young or old, is guilty of doing just what he did at least once. Heck the hunt I put her in, I called the wrong dog. He'll get em next time. At least Queenie looked good. Keep the reports coming. Thanks again for giving her a great home and hunting her.

Old Post 06-19-2019 11:52 PM
nextcoonhunters
UKC Forum Member

Buggs

Went down to the Utchman Hunt and drop Buggs back off to Dick. Ole Buggs got it done Thursday night at Mayviews HTX. 1st drop got in there struck and then ran track out in the field, looped and treed not far off the road, with the meat. Next drop struck and ran them coons though some rough swamp and around a deep pool of water, then locked down. Cut him again but time ran out before he could get that one treed. Flat looked good. So now he is PR CH DEEPHOLLER BLUE MUD BUGGS HTX. showed him down at the hunt Friday and he won champion male, I'm not sure how many wins he has toward grand, but now he has one more. Also showed trademark but he only got class. Had a good visit with a lot of good people down there and hunted with Gary Utchman and some friends Friday night. Picked up a light from Gary Dugger that he's selling as well. We rolled back in to the club at a little after 5 Saturday morning. Visited for a while then rolled on home. I went to the club hunt last night at Marshall. Didn't do any good, but had fun and tried out that light. I had a little trouble, setting are different than my Sunspot, but the light worked well and seemed to me to be brighter than what the old guys in the cast were packing. Mark (Trademark) has 80 points toward ch on the bench as of now. We'll see if we can't get him finished sometime. Dad is going to let me hunt Mayhem ( BJ X MAGS female Littermate to Buggs) for a week or two so we'll see how she does.

Last edited by nextcoonhunters on 06-23-2019 at 04:11 PM

Old Post 06-23-2019 03:37 PM
Rolin Blues
UKC Forum Member

Queen

Looked good on 1st track with Blue Chic Beauty on hard running old boar last night. Then, dropped her by herself & really had me thinking she was going to drown & be gone. She took old feeder track to half full flooded river & steep bluff wall along it on a bend in river. She tried to swim out in river, but current was to strong to come up stream, so she swam back to bank. Next try, she swam along face of bluff & was able to get above it to leveler bank, just a few more calls & she came in on a string to us. I coulda kissed her behind I was so happy, but Cub didn't make me do it. LOL Take care, Ron.

Old Post 07-04-2019 06:24 PM
nextcoonhunters
UKC Forum Member

Happy 4th to everyone.

Ron loving the reports on Queenie, hopefully she'll get those darn mulberry trees figured out.

Dick sure is happy of have Buggs back. Said he's lookin good. A guy with a littermate sent me a nice video of he's female treein. An me ,Bobby, and Leonel have had May out a couple of times. Tuesday night we cut her and Jim loose. Jim showed May the tree with the coon. But the next drop May went across the road and put on a show. Ole Jim had to back her up on that coon. Than the next drop they treed on a hugh down tree. Looked like it went forever and touched every tree in the woods. But I think that coon just flat out smarted them ole dogs. I took last night off and I'm taking tonight off. Spending time with the family. But after tonight it's time to start tuning Rivers up for AO. I'll hunt young dogs with her, but by the time AO is here she'll be a lean unbeatable coon treein machine, hopefully lol. I'll try to get some pics of May on the wood. Until then here's some pic of dogs getting it done on the bench.

Jolene and Betsy with a best of show win

Ron with Queenie and her best of show win.

Old Post 07-05-2019 12:21 AM
Rolin Blues
UKC Forum Member

OOOHHH, so close...

Hunter coulda, shoulda, woulda on his cast last night!!! Struck wrong dog for 75- to lose cast, but they sounded VERY much alike on track, even I was confused. He also had (425) & cast winner had (350). Sat. night UKC hunt maybe!!! Take care, Ron.

Old Post 07-09-2019 12:38 PM
nextcoonhunters
UKC Forum Member

Good weekend

Well Ron got another best of show on Queenie. 2 for 2 Good job Ron, keep it rollin.
I hunted at Sweet Spring Friday night. A Double header. They needed a champion guide the first round. So I hunted Rivers and got lucky. They needed an open guide the late round so I hunted Tig. (BJ X TWISTER) an got lucky again. She treed the only coon we seen. With luck on my side, Elizabeth and I throw Mark in the truck Saturday, stopped and picked up Bobby and ran down to Cole Camp for the show. Whabam!!! Best of Show. Got home ready to book tickets to Vegas. Thinking the lucky bug must of bite me good. But Lacey said no way. So I'll have to still for, Trademark being now a CH, Tig won the first hunt she was ever in with no minus +225, and Rivers is just Rivers, but I'll feed her. She had +325 no minus. On to some HTX hunts this week. We'll see if the lucky bug bite is still in affect.

Last edited by nextcoonhunters on 07-27-2019 at 02:26 AM

Old Post 07-23-2019 11:05 PM
nextcoonhunters
UKC Forum Member

BJ now HTX 4

Well broke the old dog out for some more HTX's. 3 for 3 passes. Looked good. The lucky bug bite was healed and gone last night. Rivers first round treed after the time was up with a coon. 175 plus 3 way tie lost the tie breaker. 2nd round treed her own coon but 3rd strike first tree with coon doesn't beat 1st strike first tree with a coon. But I fed her again this morning anyways. On to a show a another double header tonight, than a club hunt Sunday night.

Old Post 08-03-2019 06:57 PM
Rolin Blues
UKC Forum Member

Josh

Congrats on HTX wins.

Since Rivers just can't win, I don't know why you would want to feed her. Just let me know & I could be there in 6 hrs. to take her off your hands!! Take care, Ron.

Old Post 08-03-2019 11:41 PM
nextcoonhunters
UKC Forum Member

Another HTX dog on the way

ELI (BJ X TWISTER) passed his first HTX hunt last night. No faults and treed an ole coon. Looked good. Caleb's UCHTMAN'S SO BLUE GUNNER HTX passed another one, just needs one more to be HTX2. Rivers picked up another pass, and Paul's MAD DOG PEPPER SHAKER passed. 4 dog entered 4 dogs passed. Good night. Rivers didn't have any luck last weekend, but it was fun. RATLIFF'S SWEET ANNIE HTX who is out of BAKER'S CAN DO CHARLIE AND FOXXY went with my brother Sam all weekend. 1st cast was dead ( cornfield for almost the whole hour than treed and couldn't get it to look) 2nd cast Friday he came in with 500points but lost his cast. Saturday night the lucky bug bit em good. They picked up double cast wins, and everyone was talking about how she did. If they were giving trophies she was high scoring dog of the hunt. Double cast wins and 1000pts. They had 55 dogs entered total for all 4 hunts. It was a long weekend but fun. Trademark picked up a show CH win on the bench. Sunday night at the club hunt BJ won his cast. Monday me and RIVERS stopped by Tony Hodges house for a hunt. Coons didn't want to work with us but we had fun visiting. Still tuning RIVERS up for AO, got my entry letter in the mail today. Only 3 more weeks.

Old Post 08-09-2019 10:24 PM
Rolin Blues
UKC Forum Member

Busy, busy, busy

Sounds like you guys are really staying after it. Congrats on your winnings.

Hunter & Madi are having a serious case of '2nditis' on there casts lately.

Hunter hunted Queenie at Trader, Inc. youth hunt over weekend & finished 2nd in cast both nights. Saturday, he had (150) on 1st drop as Rage drew 75- to lead cast, but next turn loose, Rage got treed with a coon before he got struck, so his 25+ on her tree wasn't enough to beat her 50+. Certainly, nothing to be ashamed of against a nice dog like her.

Madi had same kind of luck with Anne. As they say, "Close only counts in horse shoes & hand granades", so hope things get better soon. Madi lost 2 casts last week @ Mich. Madness hunt on + tree pts. tie breaker, but still had great time @ both hunts.

Will plan on catching up with you guys @ AO. Just look for my truck @ camper starting Wed. evening. Take care, Ron.

Old Post 08-12-2019 06:20 PM
nextcoonhunters
UKC Forum Member

Lots going on

Buggs is back home at my house for good. Been hunting him and Tig and May. I took buggs an Tig to an htx last night. And Sam took May. All three passed and looked good. Had a goodnight and treed coons. Tig treed 2 and a hole Buggs treed 2 and May treed 1 and a slick persimmon tree.

Old Post 10-04-2019 01:10 PM
Rolin Blues
UKC Forum Member

Queenie

Put another Best Female of Show on her last Sat. in Anamosa. Will catch up with you next weekend. Congrats on getting the passes. Take care, Ron.

Old Post 10-05-2019 01:14 PM
nextcoonhunters
UKC Forum Member

Buggs

Buggs is now GRCH Buggs HTX with a pass torward another htx title.

Old Post 10-07-2019 10:34 PM
nextcoonhunters
UKC Forum Member

What a repeat

While Buggs, May, and Tig done it again. All passed another htx last night. May treed 2 no faults, Buggs treed a litter then was running another one when the hour was up no faults, Tig pulled a fault right off wouldn't go hunting but we loaded her up went to another spot and went fine and treed a double. They all done a good job. Not sure what Tigs deal was we cut her lose afterwards and she shot in there fine and treed but the way the tree was I couldn't really shine it. Just a good reminder not to ever bet on what a dog will do.

Old Post 10-11-2019 04:56 PM
nextcoonhunters
UKC Forum Member

Tig

Old Post 10-12-2019 04:14 AM
Nick B
UKC Forum Member

Betsy Cate and Jolene picked up another Best of Show

That will make Jolene a show champion. We’re planning to start working with a caged coon this week. She trees squirrels in the yard, and won’t quit. She treed non-stop for ten minutes the other day before I had enough and put a bark collar on her.

Old Post 10-13-2019 03:02 AM
Nick B is offline Click Here to See the Profile for Nick B Click here to Send Nick B a Private Message Find more posts by Nick B Add Nick B to your buddy list Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote
nextcoonhunters
UKC Forum Member

Betsy and Jolene

Congratulations to Betsy Cate on finishing Jolene to CH

Old Post 10-13-2019 03:47 AM
nextcoonhunters
UKC Forum Member

Lefty picking up some points on the bench

Old Post 10-13-2019 11:30 PM