UKC Forums UKC Website :: Hunting Ops :: All-Breed Sports :: Registration :: UKC Online Store
Here you can view your subscribed threads, work with private messages and edit your profile and preferences Registration is free! Calendar Find other members Frequently Asked Questions Search Home  
UKC Forums : Powered by vBulletin version 2.3.0 UKC Forums > UKC Free Classifieds > Coonhound Classifieds > English: Stud Dog and Kennel Promotion > Hooper Ridge English
Pages (18): « First ... « 15 16 [17] 18 »   Last Thread   Next Thread
Author
Thread Post New Thread    Post A Reply
Rocketman55
UKC Forum Member

HELLO Doug, Looks like you have been having a blast with Ole Sampson. We are gonna get after it starting tonight. LOL.

Will take a few pics along the way and maybe a video or two of Lizzie. Hope that white stuff misses you this weekend.

Thanks for giving us a shout, be safe and we will talk to ya soon!!!

Glouster, Ohio 45732
Home To:
Gr.Nt.Ch. Hooper Ridge Hang'em High Holly
Gr.Nt.Ch. Hooper Ridge Rockets Top Gun.
Gr.Nt.Ch.Hooper Ridge Rocket
Gr.Nt.Ch Hooper Ridge Dolly
Nt.Ch Hooper Ridge Queen
Nt.Ch Raw Dawg Rowdy
PR Tree Banging Buddy
HOOPER RIDGE ENGLISH-POUND FOR POUND THEY ARE ONE TOUGH HOUND!!!!

Report this post to a moderator | IP: Logged

Old Post 11-10-2016 08:42 PM
Rocketman55 is offline Click Here to See the Profile for Rocketman55 Click here to Send Rocketman55 a Private Message Click Here to Email Rocketman55 Find more posts by Rocketman55 Add Rocketman55 to your buddy list Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote
Rocketman55
UKC Forum Member

HAPPY THANKSGIVING to all my coon hunting friends and acquaintances. Ole Lizzie and I are having a blast. I shut her down tonight after 3 singles and was done by just a little after 9:00. No sense in shooting them all and 3 coons in one night is plenty for any dog let alone a pup.

Hope everyone has a safe and enjoyable Thanksgiving Holiday. And maybe tomorrow remember to give thanks for the many blessings in your life. All the way from tonights coon hunt to being able to sit down with loved ones a share a bountiful meal with them and catch up on what they been doing as well.

And remember (If you AIN'T speaking english) then you need to change what your doing, LOL. I love them speckled up dogs!!!!

Glouster, Ohio 45732
Home To:
Nt.Ch Hooper Ridge Queen
Nt.Ch Raw Dawg Rowdy
PR Tree Banging Buddy

Old Post 11-24-2016 04:27 AM
Rocketman55 is offline Click Here to See the Profile for Rocketman55 Click here to Send Rocketman55 a Private Message Click Here to Email Rocketman55 Find more posts by Rocketman55 Add Rocketman55 to your buddy list Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote
lucas foster
UKC Forum Member

Happy Thanksgiving Dave. Sounds like u got Lizzie clicking. Nothing as fun as a young gun starting to put it all together during kill season. I've been seeing some really nice dog work outta ol huck lately. Treed 4 singles the other night , made one drop last night got in there bout 900 yds on a double. He's turning into a nice balanced hound. A pleasure to hunt n I'm very thankful for mark giving me the opportunity to own him. Keep doing what ur doing cause its workin! God bless to u n yours.

pr’ Hooper ridge hangem high huck
ntch. pr’ Kettle hollow Sandy

Old Post 11-25-2016 12:37 AM
lucas foster is offline Click Here to See the Profile for lucas foster Click here to Send lucas foster a Private Message Click Here to Email lucas foster Find more posts by lucas foster Add lucas foster to your buddy list Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote
Rocketman55
UKC Forum Member

Luke, many thanks to you for hunting these ole Hooper Ridge hounds. Your right in that Ole Lizzie is starting to figure out what it is we are looking for out there in the timber.

Sure glad to hear Ole Huck is getting tuned up. Maybe one of these days we can get together for a hunt. I sure will be glad when this deer gun season gets behind us. Maybe then the woods will get calmed back down from all the corn piles and deer hunters wanting to poison our coon population. Worst thing the ODNR ever did was make it legal to put out corn piles for deer.

Good hunting my friend, and when ya get that danged phone figured out, send me a pic or video from time to time, Take Carre and again It was sure good to hear from you!!

Glouster, Ohio 45732
Home To:
Nt.Ch Hooper Ridge Queen
Nt.Ch Raw Dawg Rowdy
PR Tree Banging Buddy

Old Post 11-25-2016 09:50 PM
Rocketman55
UKC Forum Member

This is a picture of my young dog THE HOOPER RIDGE WICKED LIZZIE. Lizzie is out of my Holly female that I have had the good fortune of owning for the past 9 years. Her sire is my Gun dog who is now 12 years old and still chugging along. Gun is out of my Ole Rocket hound that was born in 1995.

This lizzie female, looks an awful lot like her great grand mother Gr.Nt.Ch Timber Valley Queen. I never got to hunt with Queen but John told me she was the type dog that you could lay up for a month and she would never miss a beat. Holly is that same kind of dog. Lizzie is operating almost identical to he momma, (Holly). If she ends up being as good as her momma, I will be a very lucky man. So far she is looking like it. I cannot wait to see how she handles the frost, ice, and snow that we get to hunt in December and January. Merry Christmas to ALL and please take just a moment to remember our Lord and Savior JESUS CHRIST, for it truly is HE that we celebrate through this season of Joy and Thanks Giving. God Bless and again MERRY CHRISTMAS!!

Glouster, Ohio 45732
Home To:
Nt.Ch Hooper Ridge Queen
Nt.Ch Raw Dawg Rowdy
PR Tree Banging Buddy

Old Post 12-16-2016 05:23 PM
Dave Riehle
UKC Forum Member

Looking good Dave can't wait to see her go sometime. Have a happy holiday

Old Post 12-16-2016 10:39 PM
Dave Riehle is offline Click Here to See the Profile for Dave Riehle Click here to Send Dave Riehle a Private Message Find more posts by Dave Riehle Add Dave Riehle to your buddy list Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote
Rocketman55
UKC Forum Member

Thanks Dave. We will get together (I hope) before this season ends. What I thought was sort of unique about this photo of Lizzie is that (I'm pretty sure) this tree she is treed on, is the exact same tree as the last video I took of Ole Thrasher before I sold him last spring. And what was even crazier was that this danged coon was sitting in almost the exact same place as that coon was last February/March, when ever it was that I took that last video of him.

I think this pic of Lizzie was taken a day or two before Thanksgiving of this year. Looking forward to getting together with you. Merry Christmas my friend.

Glouster, Ohio 45732
Home To:
Nt.Ch Hooper Ridge Queen
Nt.Ch Raw Dawg Rowdy
PR Tree Banging Buddy

Old Post 12-17-2016 12:07 AM
T Stevens
UKC Forum Member

Dave

Hey There, it's been a while just thought I say hello get a hold of me would like to see about getting together for a hunt in the near future.

Old Post 12-19-2016 09:20 PM
T Stevens is offline Click Here to See the Profile for T Stevens Click here to Send T Stevens a Private Message Click Here to Email T Stevens Find more posts by T Stevens Add T Stevens to your buddy list Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote
Rocketman55
UKC Forum Member

Hello Tom, Merry Christmas to You/John and your families. I would be thrilled to take another hunt with you. And yes your right it has been too long.

Hope your hunting season is going well. Shoot me a PM with your phone number and lets cut em loose sometime after the holidays. Take Care!!!

Glouster, Ohio 45732
Home To:
Nt.Ch Hooper Ridge Queen
Nt.Ch Raw Dawg Rowdy
PR Tree Banging Buddy

Old Post 12-19-2016 09:39 PM
chip wisecup 1
UKC Forum Member

looking good

It was good to visit the other day.... ole Queen was a special kind of hound... I always called her Saturday Night Special..... pull her out on Saturday night and win.... unlike her sister Ten. I had to hunt Ten 3-4 times a week for her to look good. If I laid her up you could tell it. It was easy to see when I had spent time with Hanna, Joe, Ruby, or Bird. lol

Ch Gr.Nt Ch 2 Briar Creek Blue Sue HTX.
Pr. Oakwoods Friday Night Flash

R.I.P Gone But Not Forgotten

Gr.Ch. Gr. Nt. Ch. Deepwoods Tree Chopin Grizzly~ Direct Son of Timber Valley Triple X
Co-owned with Shane Glen
2017 Iowa State PKC State Hunt Open Event Final 4
2018 Cast Winner at the Winter Classic
2018 Cast Winner at English Days
2019 PKC Alabama Pro Classic Final 4 Split
2019 PKC Alabama Legacy Cast $$$ winner
2019 UKC Alabama State Hunt final four
2019 UKC ENGLISH DAYS 2nd Grand Night
2019 PKC IOWA LEGACY Cast Winner
2019 UKC World Qualified

Ch. Nt. Ch. Tracy's Moonlight Dottie

Gr. Nt. Ch. Gr. Ch Pine Knob Durango
( "Sire of : Timber Valley Queen, Timber Valley Ten, Timber Valley Joe, Boughton's Red Ruby, & Timber Valley Anny)

Gr.Nt. Ch Ch Timber Valley Anny (Durango x Lucky)

Gr. Ch. Nt. Ch Timber Valley Joe (Durango x Lucky) & ( SEMEN STORED AT IOWA STATE UNIVERSITY)

Gr.Ch Nt. Ch Timber Valley Wendy ( Lambertson's Coin X Thurber's Blue Bell)

Nt. Ch Thunder Suzie(83 National Grand Night Ch English Gr. Nt .Ch Gr. CH Wilox' Thunder JR X Gr. NT. Ch Woodstocks Polly)

Chip Wisecup (515) 351-7754

[www.fridaynightkennels.wixsite.com/fridaynightkennels]

Old Post 12-19-2016 11:33 PM
chip wisecup 1 is offline Click Here to See the Profile for chip wisecup 1 Click here to Send chip wisecup 1 a Private Message Click Here to Email chip wisecup 1 Visit chip wisecup 1's homepage! Find more posts by chip wisecup 1 Add chip wisecup 1 to your buddy list Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote
Rocketman55
UKC Forum Member

The pleasure was ALL MINE Chip. I sure enjoy talking to all the folks that put so much time and effort in these hounds I love to follow. Merry Christmas to You and Your family, and please pass along those wishes to John as well If/when you talk to him. I never see him on here much but I sure realize You and He have a wealth of knowledge about these ole hounds and I truly enjoy knowing where the different traits I see are coming from.

Ole Holly is much like her Grandmother (Queen) in that she never needed a lot of tuning before a hunt, once she made a coon dog. I think my Lizzie female is going to be a lot like that too as she seems very level headed for a young dog.

I know we live many miles apart, but maybe some day I will get the opportunity to hunt with You & John and maybe you guys can help me to identify what parts of Lizzie you recognize as coming from Queen/Lucky. I think she is colored up much like Queen, and she has that same soft, gentle, loving personality that Holly has, of which I feel probably comes from Queen/Lucky as well. I know one thing for sure, she is sure creating a warm spot in my heart for her.

Thanks for checking in on us, and again Merry Christmas to You and your family. P.S. I sure love the pics of the kids & grandkids with the hounds on your website.

Glouster, Ohio 45732
Home To:
Nt.Ch Hooper Ridge Queen
Nt.Ch Raw Dawg Rowdy
PR Tree Banging Buddy

Old Post 12-20-2016 02:52 AM
Rocketman55
UKC Forum Member

Oh so glad to see that Ohio Deer Muzzle Loader season comes to an end tomorrow. Most all of the deer hunting will then be done, deer are shedding their antlers also. Maybe now those out of town horn hunters will go back home to the big city of leave us home grown country boys alone, LOL.

Lets cut's loose!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Oh I almost forgot, just TREE OLE HOLLY, bout 500 yards straight in, LOL. Yep you guessed it, I'm about half crazy!!!

Glouster, Ohio 45732
Home To:
Nt.Ch Hooper Ridge Queen
Nt.Ch Raw Dawg Rowdy
PR Tree Banging Buddy

Old Post 01-10-2017 04:20 AM
lucas foster
UKC Forum Member

Hey dave

Been havin some good hunts lately with Huck. Them ol' boars were runnin last night . he went 3 for 3 last night . first one he struck at about 250 yds worked it back to me n treed about 70yds inside the woods. As I got to him I shined 2 deer bedded down 30 yds from him. Never missed a beat. Next drop I walked him down the woods edge to get him away from a house, cut him went ahead 50 yds threw his head up n went left handed n flat burned one up for about 150yds then let out that long bawl locate n had the meat. Last drop cut him got in there 400yds n fell treed in a briar jungle. Had one setting up on top of a squirrel nest. He has his bad nights like any hound but I sure do enjoy him. Happy hunting!

Old Post 01-20-2017 12:46 AM
lucas foster is offline Click Here to See the Profile for lucas foster Click here to Send lucas foster a Private Message Click Here to Email lucas foster Find more posts by lucas foster Add lucas foster to your buddy list Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote
Rocketman55
UKC Forum Member

Hello Luke, sorry for taking so long to get back on here. My wife's Grandmother of whom she was VERY close to passed on late Thursday night and there has been much to do since that time.

So very glad to hear you are enjoying your time in the woods with Ole Huck. One of these days, I sure want to take a hunt with that ole boy and see just how much he sounds and operates like his daddy. My Lizzie female is really coming along nicely as well. Kinda looking forward to some spring hunts to see how she will do. The last time I had her out she set split from a couple of real tree hounds maybe 125 yards, and never missed a beat. I was sue hoping she would have that (I only hear me) trait, and it looks like she is going to be just fine in that department. We sure have had a great month of January for hunting our hounds here in Ohio.

I will be getting back in the timber in a couple more days, and try to get the most out of these last few days of harvest season. Thanks for checking in on us, talk with you soon!!

Glouster, Ohio 45732
Home To:
Nt.Ch Hooper Ridge Queen
Nt.Ch Raw Dawg Rowdy
PR Tree Banging Buddy

Old Post 01-22-2017 02:37 PM
lucas foster
UKC Forum Member

Dave sorry for your loss. Never easy when a family member passes away. Sounds like Lizzie is starting to fill her mommas big shoes. Enjoy the rest of your kill season . I'm trying to get in as many hunts as possible before ours goes out in a week. Took Huck up to a buddy of mines about an hour north of here on Friday night. He treed 7 singles , 3 dens and 1 slick by himself. It was an action packed night and the most fun hunt I've had in a long time. I sure would love to get over there n hunt with u some time.
Take care.

Old Post 01-23-2017 07:51 PM
Rocketman55
UKC Forum Member

Thank You Luke for your condolences.

Sure sounds like you had a fun time. Ole Huck was ON THE GAS, LOL. Enjoy the rest of this harvest season my friend. I'm betting February is gonna get UGLY LOL.

I hope I'm wrong, cause I still want to have some fun with my young one. Thanks for hunting Ole Huck, and thanks for the update!!!

Please keep those updates coming, I sure enjoy reading.

Glouster, Ohio 45732
Home To:
Nt.Ch Hooper Ridge Queen
Nt.Ch Raw Dawg Rowdy
PR Tree Banging Buddy

Old Post 01-24-2017 04:31 AM
Rocketman55
UKC Forum Member

Been Awhile- Just wanted to thank you to Mr. Steve Weber for taking Holly to his house and hunting her for me while I work on the needs of her baby girl, THE Hooper Ridge Wicked Lizzie.

I do miss her around the house and plan to bring her home by early summer, but am so thankful that Steve is getting her out in the woods to do the things she loves to do.

Glouster, Ohio 45732
Home To:
Nt.Ch Hooper Ridge Queen
Nt.Ch Raw Dawg Rowdy
PR Tree Banging Buddy

Old Post 03-15-2017 06:05 PM
lucas foster
UKC Forum Member

Huck

Hey Dave. Just wanted to wish u merry Christmas. Think I got this picture posting thing figured out finally. This is the only pic I got of Huck on my new phone. Not a great I’ll get some better ones soon. Hope u n Lizzy r doing well. Take care.

Old Post 12-24-2017 03:11 AM
Rocketman55
UKC Forum Member

Thank You Luke, and Merry Christmas to you and your family too. I need to work on this new photo thing too. Please keep posting this pics as I sure enjoy looking at them and Thank You as well for following these ole Hooper Ridge hounds.

Glouster, Ohio 45732
Home To:
Nt.Ch Hooper Ridge Queen
Nt.Ch Raw Dawg Rowdy
PR Tree Banging Buddy

Old Post 12-24-2017 04:12 AM
Rocketman55
UKC Forum Member

Luke her is a Pic of ole Hucks baby sister from the second cross. This is a Pic of my Hooper Ridge Wicked Lizzie on a 2017 (in season) coon.

She is not perfect and still has some work to get done, but is getting pretty good at treeing coon.

Thanks for hunting those ole ticked up Hooper Ridge Hounds

Glouster, Ohio 45732
Home To:
Nt.Ch Hooper Ridge Queen
Nt.Ch Raw Dawg Rowdy
PR Tree Banging Buddy

Old Post 12-27-2017 09:44 PM
lucas foster
UKC Forum Member

Man she sure looks good Dave! I sure would like to get them 2 together for a hunt one of these days. This is my favorite time of year to hunt. I feel like this is when Huck is at his best. I ll take the cold over skeeters n leaves any day. He’s certainly not perfect but I really enjoy him. I’ve been trying to find a nice female to breed to him for the last couple years n think I finally found one but she’s getting up in years so I don’t know if it will happen or not. Only time will tell . I’ll try n get some more pics soon as this cold snap gets past . stay warm and take care.
Luke

Old Post 12-28-2017 12:40 AM
Rocketman55
UKC Forum Member

Thanks Luke for the kind words. Lets try to get together before season goes out. Hopefully we don't get buried in snow in January. I'm hoping when the moon goes back on the dark side temps will moderate just a bit and maybe then we can get together. I sure would love to see Ole Huck go as well. Until then good hunting to you my friend.

Glouster, Ohio 45732
Home To:
Nt.Ch Hooper Ridge Queen
Nt.Ch Raw Dawg Rowdy
PR Tree Banging Buddy

Old Post 12-29-2017 03:43 AM
lucas foster
UKC Forum Member

Hooper ridge to the top. Just checking in Dave. Hope all is well with you . Been hunting a little here n there. Hucks been doing good. He been battling a few minor health issues nothing major. I just bought a female this spring that I’m going to breed him to hopefully this fall . Pretty excited. This will b his first litter so time will tell . Aughta b some nice pups. Take Care

Old Post 04-07-2019 07:53 PM
Rocketman55
UKC Forum Member

Hello Luke, so glad you checked in on us here in the hills. I have been hunting some but health issues and family deaths have certainly taken their toll on out night time travels.

I sold Lizzie back at the end of January in hopes of being able to settle some estate issues, but that seems to be heading in the wrong direction. I had a pretty extended battle with Kidney stones back in Mid December that had me down for about 6 weeks. I have a decent little 21 month old blue female out of Eric Evans stuff that is doing a nice job, but just as I had her ready to take to town I caught this ole bronchial Pneumonia stuff that has had me down and out for two weeks, and now we lost my mother in law Saturday so Its been quite the difficult last 4-5 months.

But as a christian man I know "This too Shall Pass"

Glad to hear you are going to raise some pups. What is the breeding on this new female you purchased? I just might need to get on your list.

With the ease of posting on Facebook, I have not posted any pics on here for quite some time but I do need to take the time to do so. We still need to get in the timber one night, maybe when things slow down here just a bit I will load Ole Katie up and come your way for a pleasure hunt.

Again Thanks so much for checking in on us!!!

Glouster, Ohio 45732
Home To:
Nt.Ch Hooper Ridge Queen
Nt.Ch Raw Dawg Rowdy
PR Tree Banging Buddy

Old Post 04-08-2019 10:06 PM
lucas foster
UKC Forum Member

Sorry for loss Dave and ur battle with health issues. I know exactly what ur going through. I lost my brother last September at 40 years old and then my father in-law in December after a 2 year battle with cancer. Meanwhile with all this going on my wife and I bought a reception hall last July, moved houses and kids started a new school. I still work my regular job during the day n the business in the evenings n every weekend we have at least one wedding. So my hunting this winter was somewhat limited. The female is out of Jesse lee ( big River Jessica) on bottom and wanna be trash master on top. He goes back to herds barber creek ace n timber valley annie. Should b a good cross. I got her the end of kill season n she didn’t have any problem treein coon late in the year which is what I like . Seems to be pretty accurate so far. I’ll post a pic of her papers. I’ll give u call here shortly n talk dogs . Take care n heal up.

Old Post 04-09-2019 02:07 AM