UKC Forums UKC Website :: Hunting Ops :: All-Breed Sports :: Registration :: UKC Online Store
Here you can view your subscribed threads, work with private messages and edit your profile and preferences Registration is free! Calendar Find other members Frequently Asked Questions Search Home  
UKC Forums : Powered by vBulletin version 2.3.0 UKC Forums > Departments > UKC Coonhounds > Breeds > Black & Tans > tried overheating the in heat dog...
  Last Thread   Next Thread
Author
Thread Post New Thread    Post A Reply
mnb&t
UKC Forum Member

tried overheating the in heat dog...

hunt tonight was "beautiful" mid 80s temp and 85% humidity and of course hardly any wind. when sky was empyting out around place noticed did it 10 times and sure enough was bleeding. cant believe it, she shouldnt be in heat and hasnt acted crazy lately like my dogs always do when any coming in. i always hunt em anyway if going solo or with another female so didnt worry and loaded spayed dog to.

get to first spot and seen eyes on ground trying to find a new hotwire gate. suspected coon but wasnt sure and had to loop around aways few minutes so knew where fence all was then dumped out where planned. both hit right there and screamed 250yds with single treed. spayed dog left before could catch and tie. so disgusting. next spot dumped and another screaming track under 300 in and treed very quick. spayed dog went back way i drove in closer then come back. sky was treed where smaller tree went into couple different huge cottonwoods with coon sitting right above and was hot hot so im sure was coon she ran. no sooner get back to wheeler sitting on farm lane and heres little **** box car full of town kids from south dakota with spayed dog following. cranked light on high and two kids started stuttering something about thinking this was road. said leave and have a good night elsewhere. i just cant fathom why idiots especially out of state drive into random back road areas at night for no reason. they sure as hell aint selling girl scout cookies.

hit next spot and dogs blasted out hard and heard both open around 650 and run screaming track slamming treed about 1000. spayed dog was treeing as hard as sky so i sat where was along time. finally drove around to next road and walked in and spayed retard come off tree wanting to slink away like usual so tied her up like have a million times and not another bark. wierdest **** dog ive ever had. sky was still cranking and big old coon soaking wet in tree hanging over a bluff. they must of dang near caught it. made right decision and called it a night after sky cranking so good in heat. good thing i cut hair short or other dog would make me pull it out... im on mission to keep taking her couple times a week until either does what she can do consistent or give up once start another pup then she will sit at home. agreeing with family to not remove her from the team was bad mistake. LOL.

second tree.

third and done.

Report this post to a moderator | IP: Logged

Old Post 06-12-2017 06:46 AM
mnb&t is offline Click Here to See the Profile for mnb&t Click here to Send mnb&t a Private Message Find more posts by mnb&t Add mnb&t to your buddy list Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote
mnb&t
UKC Forum Member

thought about giving sky the night off beings hot and muggy and getting sick of this crap but decent breeze came up so hit the woods. she hunted the wind just how i like a dog to and first drop got colder sounding track rolling under half mile out sounding great slamming treed with single in big cottonwood. couldnt ask for any nicer track work when hot and dry. next dump got screamer going 500 out and track right into brush pile-hole. fricking mess and thank god she listens so well or would still be there. decided one more dump and she gets a couple days off, maybe more beings in heat anyway.

cut loose getting out around 800 and messed around by nice creek im sure drinking and cooling off then hunted another couple hundred and struck nice running track and slammed treed by next road. sounded perfect so drove around and by time shut wheeler down she was moving and monkey f-ing around. went back to where treed hit like gonna crank again then started dicking around. was close enough should of went and checked where treed but didnt and got her collected. let her know that crap aint gonna fly and can think about it sitting in kennel. im going to really mess with her, anytime leave place at night whether hunting or not gonna throw minn and spayed dog in truck. dogs do all kinds of stupid crap but tracking and not finishing irritates me and leaving a tree when committed really really irritates me. would rather have a slick tree than that crap. sounds like some halfways cooler mornings coming up and going to take minn out solo and let her go hopefully treeing a coon here and there at own pace without getting blown away and wore out by young dog or heat theres been at night.

funnest run of night coon gave eye and ear.

Old Post 06-13-2017 07:39 AM
mnb&t is offline Click Here to See the Profile for mnb&t Click here to Send mnb&t a Private Message Find more posts by mnb&t Add mnb&t to your buddy list Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote
Christophernidy
UKC Forum Member

looking good!!

Give me a call anytime and we can cut loose some black dogs. 330-553-0148

Old Post 06-16-2017 03:18 AM
Christophernidy is offline Click Here to See the Profile for Christophernidy Click here to Send Christophernidy a Private Message Click Here to Email Christophernidy Find more posts by Christophernidy Add Christophernidy to your buddy list Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote
mnb&t
UKC Forum Member

quote:
Originally posted by Christophernidy
looking good!!

thanks chris, ive been hunting like usual but ready for a pup. like my current dog been pushing her somewhat hard through summer and she's ok but dont hold a candle to what have had and what i know is out there. anything exciting going on out that way?

Old Post 06-16-2017 07:48 AM
Christophernidy
UKC Forum Member

Nothing exciting. Just messing with some young dogs trying to find something worth feeding.

Give me a call anytime and we can cut loose some black dogs. 330-553-0148

Old Post 06-16-2017 06:14 PM
Christophernidy is offline Click Here to See the Profile for Christophernidy Click here to Send Christophernidy a Private Message Click Here to Email Christophernidy Find more posts by Christophernidy Add Christophernidy to your buddy list Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote
mnb&t
UKC Forum Member

quote:
Originally posted by Christophernidy
Nothing exciting. Just messing with some young dogs trying to find something worth feeding.

well if you find 2 of em, send one west!!!

Old Post 06-20-2017 06:48 AM