UKC Forums UKC Website :: Hunting Ops :: All-Breed Sports :: Registration :: UKC Online Store
Here you can view your subscribed threads, work with private messages and edit your profile and preferences Registration is free! Calendar Find other members Frequently Asked Questions Search Home  
UKC Forums : Powered by vBulletin version 2.3.0 UKC Forums > Departments > UKC Coonhounds > Chewy.com
Pages (2): [1] 2 »   Last Thread   Next Thread
Author
Thread Post New Thread    Post A Reply
Stan Ferrell
UKC Forum Member

Chewy.com

Apparently they just donated a million bucks to the HSUS.

Report this post to a moderator | IP: Logged

Old Post 06-05-2020 01:40 PM
Stan Ferrell is offline Click Here to See the Profile for Stan Ferrell Click here to Send Stan Ferrell a Private Message Find more posts by Stan Ferrell Add Stan Ferrell to your buddy list Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote
Nathan Phenix
UKC Forum Member

What's the HSUS?

Bayou Creek Black and Tan’s

Nathan Phenix
417-255-5697

Old Post 06-05-2020 03:48 PM
Nathan Phenix is offline Click Here to See the Profile for Nathan Phenix Click here to Send Nathan Phenix a Private Message Find more posts by Nathan Phenix Add Nathan Phenix to your buddy list Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote
yotetrapper
UKC Forum Member

quote:
Originally posted by Nathan Phenix
What's the HSUS?

Humane Society of the US. The biggest anti-hunting group in the country.

Old Post 06-05-2020 04:39 PM
yotetrapper is offline Click Here to See the Profile for yotetrapper Click here to Send yotetrapper a Private Message Click Here to Email yotetrapper Find more posts by yotetrapper Add yotetrapper to your buddy list Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote
Toad Hill
UKC Forum Member

IF this is indeed a fact ? ?......
I wont spend another penny with Chewy !!!!!!

* GRNTCH PKC CH SMALL TOWN LONE SURVIVOR "LONER" DNA-VIP
(GRNTCH Cabin Creek Rowdy semen X GRNTCH CH Lonesome Dove Lori)
----- Chilled semen available, 463 million total sperm per collection sent - Quality Documented & Guaranteed as of 11-15-23 -----
-English Days 2020 - 3rd place Fri / High Scoring male & 1st place Sat night
-2021 UKC World TOP 100
-2022 TOC Qualified
-2022 UKC World Qualified
-2023 UKC World Qualified
-2023 PKC World Quarter Finalist TOP 105
- For more on Loner, Go listen to Episode #1 on The Coonhound Collective podcast on Spotify.

* GRNTCH CH LONESOME DOVE LORI ( 2018 UKC World top 25 ) World Qualified 3 years straight [ double bred , 2X WLD CH Eng Fem GRNTCH Backroads Rosie ]

* GRNTCH CH SMALL TOWN BINGO STAR DNA-VIP ( 2019 Winter Classic 2nd place ) [ HOF GRNTCH Wilcox Thunder Bingo X Dual Grand Tree Rockin' Nelly ]
(( Star is the Dam to 2021 Southern Eng Days High Scoring Male & Overall Winner ))

- Live breeding doesn't dictate the future success of a puppy any more than a frozen breeding does.

+ I am the Wretch the song refers to

Old Post 06-05-2020 07:24 PM
Toad Hill is offline Click Here to See the Profile for Toad Hill Click here to Send Toad Hill a Private Message Find more posts by Toad Hill Add Toad Hill to your buddy list Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote
yotetrapper
UKC Forum Member

quote:
Originally posted by Toad Hill

https://www.petfoodprocessing.net/a...-r98NltdxwRrfdI

Old Post 06-05-2020 07:46 PM
yotetrapper is offline Click Here to See the Profile for yotetrapper Click here to Send yotetrapper a Private Message Click Here to Email yotetrapper Find more posts by yotetrapper Add yotetrapper to your buddy list Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote
DL NH
UKC Forum Member

That link doesn’t work but if you do a search for Chewy donates to HSUS it’ll take you there and verifies their donation.

Old Post 06-05-2020 08:14 PM
DL NH is offline Click Here to See the Profile for DL NH Click here to Send DL NH a Private Message Find more posts by DL NH Add DL NH to your buddy list Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote
yotetrapper
UKC Forum Member

quote:
Originally posted by DL NH
That link doesn’t work but if you do a search for Chewy donates to HSUS it’ll take you there and verifies their donation.

Oops. It worked yesterday, lol. Try this one. https://finance.yahoo.com/news/chew...-160000632.html

Old Post 06-05-2020 08:16 PM
BuckeyeBoys
UKC Forum Member

quote:

X2. If true they will never get a penny from me again.

Old Post 06-05-2020 09:42 PM
BuckeyeBoys is offline Click Here to See the Profile for BuckeyeBoys Click here to Send BuckeyeBoys a Private Message Find more posts by BuckeyeBoys Add BuckeyeBoys to your buddy list Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote
BuckeyeBoys
UKC Forum Member

quote:

X2. If true they will never get a penny from me again.

Old Post 06-05-2020 10:45 PM
BuckeyeBoys is offline Click Here to See the Profile for BuckeyeBoys Click here to Send BuckeyeBoys a Private Message Find more posts by BuckeyeBoys Add BuckeyeBoys to your buddy list Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote
Doug C
UKC Forum Member

Its sad but if you look it up purina iams and several other top manufactors of dog food donate to them too

Old Post 06-05-2020 11:09 PM
Doug C is offline Click Here to See the Profile for Doug C Click here to Send Doug C a Private Message Click Here to Email Doug C Find more posts by Doug C Add Doug C to your buddy list Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote
Reuben
UKC Forum Member

Thanks for posting...we can not support those that support HSUS...HSUS also want to stop hunting, fishing and are anti gun as well...

Old Post 06-05-2020 11:52 PM
Reuben is offline Click Here to See the Profile for Reuben Click here to Send Reuben a Private Message Click Here to Email Reuben Find more posts by Reuben Add Reuben to your buddy list Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote
Dave Richards
UKC Forum Member

HSUS/CHEWYS

Folks, these pet food companies are supporting hunting just as much and more than any contribution to HSUS. I do not like them supporting HSUS , but I will not boycott Purina for doing so, they are free to support the animals that need help. I think we as hunters can not forget that the shelters are full of neglected or unwanted pets and need all the support they can get. Everyone has to do as they see fit, but boycotting Purina is not going to resolve anything. Dave

Old Post 06-06-2020 01:08 AM
Dave Richards is offline Click Here to See the Profile for Dave Richards Click here to Send Dave Richards a Private Message Click Here to Email Dave Richards Find more posts by Dave Richards Add Dave Richards to your buddy list Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote
Stan Ferrell
UKC Forum Member

Re: HSUS/CHEWYS

quote:
Originally posted by Dave Richards
Folks, these pet food companies are supporting hunting just as much and more than any contribution to HSUS. I do not like them supporting HSUS , but I will not boycott Purina for doing so, they are free to support the animals that need help. I think we as hunters can not forget that the shelters are full of neglected or unwanted pets and need all the support they can get. Everyone has to do as they see fit, but boycotting Purina is not going to resolve anything. Dave
HSUS does NOT run shelters.

Old Post 06-06-2020 01:21 AM
Stan Ferrell is offline Click Here to See the Profile for Stan Ferrell Click here to Send Stan Ferrell a Private Message Find more posts by Stan Ferrell Add Stan Ferrell to your buddy list Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote
Stan Ferrell
UKC Forum Member

There is a HUGE difference between the HSUS and your local humane society. The HSUS is basically a terrorist organization.

Old Post 06-06-2020 01:23 AM
Dave Richards
UKC Forum Member

Stan

I have no use for HSUS, and I wish no one would support them. Boycotting Purina would not change anything and Purina does a lot for hunters. Sometimes you just have to take the good with the bad, we can not cut off our hand to spite our face. Dave

Last edited by Dave Richards on 06-06-2020 at 03:11 AM

Old Post 06-06-2020 03:08 AM
Dave Richards is offline Click Here to See the Profile for Dave Richards Click here to Send Dave Richards a Private Message Click Here to Email Dave Richards Find more posts by Dave Richards Add Dave Richards to your buddy list Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote
Stan Ferrell
UKC Forum Member

I agree Dave, It is way better to look the other way on this one. I mean its only our money they are giving to one of our biggest enemies. We should not even let them know we are a little miffed. Lets just play nice.

Old Post 06-07-2020 05:52 PM
Dave Richards
UKC Forum Member

Stan

First of all, how many folks will actually stop using Chewy or buying Purina products ? I know you are upset, most of us hunters do not like it either, but do you really think these are the only companies that donate to HSUS? We each have a choice of what to buy and who to buy from, I was just being honest in saying that I would continue to use Purina products. Agree or disagree it is my choice and I am looking at the big picture in my opinion. I am a strong Republican but I still buy products from Democrat owned businesses that have what I want and at a fair price. You stop using Chewy and buying Purina products that is your choice if it makes you feel better. I suspect they will gain as many customers as they lose by making that donation. Dave

Old Post 06-07-2020 09:31 PM
Stan Ferrell
UKC Forum Member

I do not care if you are a Republican or democrat, if you continue to use Chewy.com, You are some kinda stupid.
I am not upset, just a little disappointed in sportsman who knowingly support the hsus. Just for the record, I have never used chewy.com nor have I or would I feed purina.

Old Post 06-07-2020 10:50 PM
Dave Richards
UKC Forum Member

Stan

I fully support your right to your opinion, but you advocating that anyone who does not agree with you is stupid. While I share your dislike for HSUS, I can not accept your position on defaming others that have a different opinion. You make your choices, but to defame those that do not agree with those choices is at best narrow minded and at worst just plain arrogant. Your kind of thinking is exactly what divides the hunting community, the same type of thinking that pits deer hunters against coon hunters, the kind of behavior that erodes the needed unity we need to fight HSUS and all the other anti hunting groups. We do not have to always agree, but we should be supportive of each other. Nuff said. Dave

Old Post 06-08-2020 09:34 AM
yadkintar
Banned

I use Walmart I call them over the phone and they even bring my purina out to my pickup for me Can’t beat a deal like that.

Tar

Old Post 06-08-2020 12:20 PM
yadkintar is offline Click Here to See the Profile for yadkintar Click here to Send yadkintar a Private Message Click Here to Email yadkintar Find more posts by yadkintar Add yadkintar to your buddy list Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote
johnny reb
UKC Forum Member

The simple fact of the matter is you can boycott chewy for donating to HSUS. It’s like not buying foreign made products. There are very few products that household use that are made in America. The same goes here there probably not a feed manufacturer that hasn’t or doesn’t donate to HSUS. I don’t like it either but this is the world we live in.

Old Post 06-09-2020 12:23 AM
johnny reb is offline Click Here to See the Profile for johnny reb Click here to Send johnny reb a Private Message Click Here to Email johnny reb Find more posts by johnny reb Add johnny reb to your buddy list Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote
johnny reb
UKC Forum Member

The simple fact of the matter is you can boycott chewy for donating to HSUS. It’s like not buying foreign made products. There are very few products that household use that are made in America. The same goes here there probably not a feed manufacturer that hasn’t or doesn’t donate to HSUS. I don’t like it either but this is the world we live in.

Old Post 06-09-2020 12:23 AM
johnny reb is offline Click Here to See the Profile for johnny reb Click here to Send johnny reb a Private Message Click Here to Email johnny reb Find more posts by johnny reb Add johnny reb to your buddy list Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote
Stan Ferrell
UKC Forum Member

Where do you draw the line Dave? You know where I do. What is your deal breaker? I'm not arrogant, just don't understand people who will shoot themselves in the foot and when brought to their attention, they call you arrogant. Maybe stupid was a little strong, maybe I should have said something like, If it is too much trouble for you to NOT buy something to help save your sport, then maybe hunting just aint that important to you. I'v whipped this dead horse enough.

Old Post 06-09-2020 04:11 AM
Rip
UKC Forum Member

So when I looked it up Purina is only donating food to shelters.

That is NOTHING like donating to HSUS which is what CHEWY does. Whoever said they were a terrorist organization is correct.

HSUS does not run shelters or help dogs and cats. What they do is spend every dime they can on salaries and bribes to politicians to try and outlaw hunting and other animal uses.

No sportsman should ever use CHEWY again. It is the same as donating directly to HSUS to help stop your hunting.

CHEWY may survive without a dime of money from outdoorsmen but it may just go under if none of us support them.

Old Post 06-09-2020 04:22 AM
Rip is offline Click Here to See the Profile for Rip Click here to Send Rip a Private Message Click Here to Email Rip Visit Rip's homepage! Find more posts by Rip Add Rip to your buddy list Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote
Dave Richards
UKC Forum Member

Stan

Just like RIP said Purina is only donating feed to shelters and I support that. I have made myself very clear in stating that I am totally against HSUS itself. What you advocated was that Purina was in the same boat as Chewy and supporting HSUS, that was not correct. Misinformation and wanting everyone to abandon Purina was exactly what I was speaking against. I do not care if everyone stops using CHEWYS, but I am a staunch supporter of Purina and will continue to feed Purina. Dave

Old Post 06-09-2020 04:53 AM