UKC Forums UKC Website :: Hunting Ops :: All-Breed Sports :: Registration :: UKC Online Store
Here you can view your subscribed threads, work with private messages and edit your profile and preferences Registration is free! Calendar Find other members Frequently Asked Questions Search Home  
UKC Forums : Powered by vBulletin version 2.3.0 UKC Forums > Departments > UKC Coonhounds > 2006 Buck Pole - Post Your Deer Pics Here
Pages (6): [1] 2 3 » ... Last »   Last Thread   Next Thread
Author
Thread Post New Thread    Post A Reply
Todd K / UKC
Administrator

2006 Buck Pole - Post Your Deer Pics Here

Good luck to everyone this coming season. Shoot straight!

Report this post to a moderator | IP: Logged

Old Post 10-13-2006 01:50 PM
Todd K / UKC is offline Click Here to See the Profile for Todd K / UKC Click here to Send Todd K / UKC a Private Message Click Here to Email Todd K / UKC Find more posts by Todd K / UKC Add Todd K / UKC to your buddy list Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote
Nathan Lattimer
UKC Forum Member

Here is a nice Northern Virginia Whitetail Buck that my brother took this past Monday evening. He is a coonhunter as well and actually is the one that got me started into hounds. I have been more into deer hunting than him as he took detours through playing ball and rodeo that kept him out of the woods, but he picked up bowhunting again recently and this is his first bow kill. I think I was more excited than him!

Old Post 10-14-2006 01:32 AM
Nathan Lattimer is offline Click Here to See the Profile for Nathan Lattimer Click here to Send Nathan Lattimer a Private Message Click Here to Email Nathan Lattimer Find more posts by Nathan Lattimer Add Nathan Lattimer to your buddy list Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote
Brian V
UKC Forum Member

aint got mine yet, all ive been seeing is does and young deer. dunno why

Old Post 10-15-2006 03:33 AM
Brian V is offline Click Here to See the Profile for Brian V Click here to Send Brian V a Private Message Click Here to Email Brian V Find more posts by Brian V Add Brian V to your buddy list Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote
Tailkicker
UKC Forum Member

You all need to do yourself a favor and start killing those doe you see... can't eat the horns anyway. Cut the ratio down to 2:1 for does to bucks. Everyone likes a wall hanger though. I passed up a nice ten point last year, had about a twenty inch spread on him. I your state allows it, you kill every doe you can eat and everyone you can give away. Deer herd will be healthier for it.

Look forward to seeing all the big buck kills on this thread. Iwon;t have chance to take one till after Thanksgiving, heading up to southern OH, and will be in KY for couple days.

Good and safe Hunting...God bless.

Jeremiah CL Johnson
My Email
Johnson Branch Treeing Walkers Est. 1980

Kentucky Houndsmen Association Inc.
Kentucky Houndsmen Association Foundation for Sportsman Rights Inc.
"Dedicated to protecting the heritage of Kentucky Houndsmen"

KHA Website

Join the NRA

Old Post 10-15-2006 10:44 PM
Tailkicker is offline Click Here to See the Profile for Tailkicker Click here to Send Tailkicker a Private Message Click Here to Email Tailkicker Visit Tailkicker's homepage! Find more posts by Tailkicker Add Tailkicker to your buddy list Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote
superlooper
UKC Forum Member

My buddy that hunts with me shot this the night before last. netted 137 grossed 145. He shot this with a bow in central IA.

Troy Johnson

Old Post 10-16-2006 02:45 AM
superlooper is offline Click Here to See the Profile for superlooper Click here to Send superlooper a Private Message Click Here to Email superlooper Find more posts by superlooper Add superlooper to your buddy list Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote
TreeCrazyKennel
UKC Forum Member

I've seen a couple bucks but no shooters. Lots of does, but where I'm from one deer per year, so I'm not wasting an early year shot on a young buck or any doe.

Old Post 10-16-2006 07:29 PM
TreeCrazyKennel is offline Click Here to See the Profile for TreeCrazyKennel Click here to Send TreeCrazyKennel a Private Message Click Here to Email TreeCrazyKennel Find more posts by TreeCrazyKennel Add TreeCrazyKennel to your buddy list Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote
dave hyer
UKC Forum Member

we saw one last night that is awesome, I'll post his picture in a few days( dead)

Old Post 10-16-2006 08:00 PM
dave hyer is offline Click Here to See the Profile for dave hyer Click here to Send dave hyer a Private Message Click Here to Email dave hyer Find more posts by dave hyer Add dave hyer to your buddy list Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote
Rusty Johnson
UKC Forum Member

quote:
Originally posted by Tailkicker
You all need to do yourself a favor and start killing those doe you see... can't eat the horns anyway. Cut the ratio down to 2:1 for does to bucks. Everyone likes a wall hanger though. I passed up a nice ten point last year, had about a twenty inch spread on him. I your state allows it, you kill every doe you can eat and everyone you can give away. Deer herd will be healthier for it.

Look forward to seeing all the big buck kills on this thread. Iwon;t have chance to take one till after Thanksgiving, heading up to southern OH, and will be in KY for couple days.

Good and safe Hunting...God bless.

I AGREE 100%!
Here in IL. all the land is getting leased up and their not leasing it to shoot a doe.They want the big buck only.Our deer heard is gonna get so way out of whack in just a few years.I hope it does and some other state becomes the hot spot to hunt the big one! We see tons of does out coonhunting,and I mean a BUNCH of them.They need to make a law that say's you must shoot a doe before you can a buck in certain area's of IL.
Don't get me wrong,I like to shoot the big boys too,but i'll shoot ever doe that walks by,keep a couple for my family and give the rest away to less fortunate families that can use them.
SHOOT A DOE!

Here's my boys little fawn doe he got with his bow.There's not a big buck walking anywhere that I could shoot that would make me any more prouder than his little doe!Check out that old ancient original real tree camo.......LOL

Last edited by Rusty Johnson on 10-16-2006 at 11:21 PM

Old Post 10-16-2006 11:07 PM
Rusty Johnson is offline Click Here to See the Profile for Rusty Johnson Click here to Send Rusty Johnson a Private Message Click Here to Email Rusty Johnson Find more posts by Rusty Johnson Add Rusty Johnson to your buddy list Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote
walkerman04
UKC Forum Member

Bow kill

10/11/06 Its posted on some other threads just thought i should put it on here! Jonah Duckworth

JONAH DUCKWORTH

Old Post 10-17-2006 02:40 PM
walkerman04 is offline Click Here to See the Profile for walkerman04 Click here to Send walkerman04 a Private Message Find more posts by walkerman04 Add walkerman04 to your buddy list Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote
jsittlow
UKC Forum Member

test

nice bucks

Old Post 10-18-2006 02:10 PM
jsittlow is offline Click Here to See the Profile for jsittlow Click here to Send jsittlow a Private Message Click Here to Email jsittlow Find more posts by jsittlow Add jsittlow to your buddy list Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote
Tim Hoeck
UKC Forum Member

Not a deer but shot with a bow

Old Post 10-21-2006 04:01 PM
Tim Hoeck is offline Click Here to See the Profile for Tim Hoeck Click here to Send Tim Hoeck a Private Message Click Here to Email Tim Hoeck Find more posts by Tim Hoeck Add Tim Hoeck to your buddy list Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote
Todd K / UKC
Administrator

Tim....... what the.............You shot a dang reindeer? There's little kids on this website!

Old Post 10-23-2006 07:50 PM
Todd K / UKC is offline Click Here to See the Profile for Todd K / UKC Click here to Send Todd K / UKC a Private Message Click Here to Email Todd K / UKC Find more posts by Todd K / UKC Add Todd K / UKC to your buddy list Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote
Todd K / UKC
Administrator

Posting this for Nate Butler. Shot in southern mich. last thursday night. Good job bud.

Old Post 10-25-2006 03:33 PM
NATE BUTLER
UKC Forum Member

Thanks Todd!!
You will be busy posting these pictures in a few year when that little guy in the pictures starts hunting. He is my pride and joy I just love the look on his face. No smile for hunting pictures. Luke's first word when he will little was big buck.
Thanks Again
Nate

Old Post 10-25-2006 03:57 PM
NATE BUTLER is offline Click Here to See the Profile for NATE BUTLER Click here to Send NATE BUTLER a Private Message Click Here to Email NATE BUTLER Find more posts by NATE BUTLER Add NATE BUTLER to your buddy list Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote
Austin Williams
UKC Forum Member

Here are a few game cam pics taken with a 49 dollar wildview game cam.

Last edited by Austin Williams on 10-30-2006 at 10:30 PM

Old Post 10-27-2006 10:47 PM
Austin Williams is offline Click Here to See the Profile for Austin Williams Click here to Send Austin Williams a Private Message Click Here to Email Austin Williams Find more posts by Austin Williams Add Austin Williams to your buddy list Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote
Rusty Johnson
UKC Forum Member

Here's one I got this morning.I was just about to get down cause I needed to get home for church and I saw him coming.I shot him at 10 yards and saw him go down.Went and put my tag on him,hurried off for church,and then after church went back and got him.Couldn't have been a better start to my day,went to church and got a buck!

Now i'll try to get his daddy!

Old Post 10-29-2006 07:14 PM
Rusty Johnson is offline Click Here to See the Profile for Rusty Johnson Click here to Send Rusty Johnson a Private Message Click Here to Email Rusty Johnson Find more posts by Rusty Johnson Add Rusty Johnson to your buddy list Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote
J-NO
UKC Forum Member

i shot this one saturday....

Old Post 10-30-2006 03:18 AM
J-NO is offline Click Here to See the Profile for J-NO Click here to Send J-NO a Private Message Find more posts by J-NO Add J-NO to your buddy list Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote
Philip
UKC Forum Member

my smaller 8pt,with bow, but he made me happy.

Old Post 10-30-2006 08:02 PM
Philip is offline Click Here to See the Profile for Philip Click here to Send Philip a Private Message Click Here to Email Philip Visit Philip's homepage! Find more posts by Philip Add Philip to your buddy list Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote
juross
UKC Forum Member

this was shot with a bow in ohio

10 point 6x4

PKC CH GRNITECHPR'TREE GUZLIN TINY

2016 OHIO ST PKC TOP 16

AND MANY MORE TO COME

Old Post 10-31-2006 04:44 AM
juross is offline Click Here to See the Profile for juross Click here to Send juross a Private Message Click Here to Email juross Find more posts by juross Add juross to your buddy list Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote
Snake1oz
UKC Forum Member

I shot this buck sunday night and we ended up having to track him for 3 and a half hours in to the dark before we found him and could get him out of the woods. I don't recomend crimson expandables, second deer this year that turned out to have to trail like this.

Last edited by Snake1oz on 11-01-2006 at 03:34 PM

Old Post 11-01-2006 03:30 PM
Snake1oz is offline Click Here to See the Profile for Snake1oz Click here to Send Snake1oz a Private Message Click Here to Email Snake1oz Find more posts by Snake1oz Add Snake1oz to your buddy list Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote
bluehound
UKC Forum Member

Well I shot a a very nice buck my first night ou tin the timber on Sept. 19th. Well when I pulled the trigger he took a step forward and caused my arrow to penetrate his gut and liver region. So we left him alone for a couple hours and started trailing. We where hunting along the MO. River and with all the underbrush and leaves it looks like Vietnam. Well needless to say we lost blood at about 60 yards into the timber. We looked for so long we ran out of light. The next day I took a half day to look for him with a buddy, still nothing. So I went back that night with my uncle and looked some more. Nothing... I was sick for three days after that, I knew he was a large buck and would be a shame to waste. I have been bow hunting for 5 years now. I told my buddies i would not sling a arrow at a buck unless he was worthy. Well I have past up many bucks but none as worthy as this one was. Well I got a call last night from my brother-in-law that the guy's he farms with found the buck abotu another 70 yards to the south of where I quite looking. He was lying in a bean field they where harvesting. They are saying he will gross in the 170's because of his massive beams but will have some deduction for not my symetrical. The thing is the farmer does not want to give me the bucks antlers. The farmer said he was going to have it Europian mounted. This really sucks!! I am going to pleed my case with him today and see how I fair. What is everyone's thoughts on this? Should I just chalk it up to lost deer or do you think this gentlemen should kindly hand over the deer I shot but could not find. I am not sure how to react. But If all else fails I would atleast like to have a picture of him.

West Plains, Mo 65775
Cell# 417-255-5822

Old Post 11-01-2006 04:38 PM
bluehound is offline Click Here to See the Profile for bluehound Click here to Send bluehound a Private Message Click Here to Email bluehound Find more posts by bluehound Add bluehound to your buddy list Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote
Snake1oz
UKC Forum Member

If you can prove that you were the one that shot him and that was the reason he got over there you might be able to get the DNR involved if you want him that bad but you will probally not make the farmer real happy. I would say if the farmer won't turn him over nicely I wouldn't burn to many bridges if you need acess to his land ever again. Might just have to take a pic, you know who shot him and that's all that matters!!!!!!!!

Good luck with it and let me know how it turns out and post a pic of him.

Old Post 11-01-2006 05:44 PM
Snake1oz is offline Click Here to See the Profile for Snake1oz Click here to Send Snake1oz a Private Message Click Here to Email Snake1oz Find more posts by Snake1oz Add Snake1oz to your buddy list Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote
TreeCrazyKennel
UKC Forum Member

I'm going to say chaulk this up as a lose. Get a picture of the antlers and forget it. His bigger brother might be around the area. It does make a guy sick, however, that's hunting. As for the farmer, if he found it on his land without anyone claiming it for awhile, it is his. To plead your case with DNR would be close to impossible. Sorry about your luck, but atleast you have reason to still be out in the woods!!

Old Post 11-01-2006 06:39 PM
TreeCrazyKennel is offline Click Here to See the Profile for TreeCrazyKennel Click here to Send TreeCrazyKennel a Private Message Click Here to Email TreeCrazyKennel Find more posts by TreeCrazyKennel Add TreeCrazyKennel to your buddy list Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote
Snake1oz
UKC Forum Member

quote:
Originally posted by TreeCrazyKennel
I'm going to say chaulk this up as a lose. Get a picture of the antlers and forget it. His bigger brother might be around the area. It does make a guy sick, however, that's hunting. As for the farmer, if he found it on his land without anyone claiming it for awhile, it is his. To plead your case with DNR would be close to impossible. Sorry about your luck, but atleast you have reason to still be out in the woods!!

I agree, just go back and shoot another one, Just don't use crimson cuda expanables or you will loose another!!!!!!

Old Post 11-01-2006 07:01 PM
TAZ
UKC Forum Member

Here is Logan & Will with 2 deer Logan killed the afternoon of 10-25. Both came in under his stand 20 minutes apart and both were shot at approx. 30 yards. Good size doe and nice 5 pt. buck will be good meat.

This is Logans first bow kill he got November 1st 2004 at 10 yards. He called another big one in 2 nights ago but couldn't get a shot. But he will keep trying. Hope to post another big one this year.

Good job to all the youth hunters, and hats off to the parents who involve thier kids in all aspects of hunting. Our kids are our future...

"A man's soul can be judged by the way he treats his dog."
www.impressivekennel.com

I an You are highly favored, deeply loved, forever forgiven, greatly blessed!!!! Why? because of Jesus!!!! Whats my job BELIEVE AND RECEIVE IT!!!

Last edited by TAZ on 11-01-2006 at 11:47 PM

Old Post 11-01-2006 10:50 PM
TAZ is offline Click Here to See the Profile for TAZ Click here to Send TAZ a Private Message Click Here to Email TAZ Visit TAZ's homepage! Find more posts by TAZ Add TAZ to your buddy list Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote