UKC Forums UKC Website :: Hunting Ops :: All-Breed Sports :: Registration :: UKC Online Store
Here you can view your subscribed threads, work with private messages and edit your profile and preferences Registration is free! Calendar Find other members Frequently Asked Questions Search Home  
UKC Forums : Powered by vBulletin version 2.3.0 UKC Forums > Departments > UKC Coonhounds > Red Cross
  Last Thread   Next Thread
Author
Thread Post New Thread    Post A Reply
Roy Grant
UKC Forum Member

Red Cross

I just saw a meal the Red Cross charged 8 dollars for. 2 pcs. of lunch meat 2 small pkg. of crackers and a piece of cauliflower. Makes you want to write a big ck for donation. Refusing if you don't have cash.

Report this post to a moderator | IP: Logged

Old Post 09-07-2017 11:31 PM
Roy Grant is offline Click Here to See the Profile for Roy Grant Click here to Send Roy Grant a Private Message Click Here to Email Roy Grant Find more posts by Roy Grant Add Roy Grant to your buddy list Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote
Rex Ridge
UKC Forum Member

I didn't see that, but I saw a post on FB that compared a dinner from a church in TX to a Red Cross meal. The Church container was heaping over while the RC container looked like it had two chicken nuggets and some peas in it. Pathetic if it's true. I've been feeling guilty because I missed their last few blood drives...not so much anymore. They probably charge a fortune for it, too.

Old Post 09-08-2017 01:33 AM
Rex Ridge is offline Click Here to See the Profile for Rex Ridge Click here to Send Rex Ridge a Private Message Find more posts by Rex Ridge Add Rex Ridge to your buddy list Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote
Robert Johnson
UKC Forum Member

Mr. Roy don't believe all you see and hear about areas effected by hurricanes. I have been in the emergency services business a lot of years and never have I ever heard of them charging for a meal period. Folks use the social media to spread garbage and try to rowl us up about things they don't like, and twist it to their likening. HMMM...that reminds me of some things you see posted on here.

Johnson Creek Kennels
home of:
UKC Grand Nite Champion "PR" Yadkin River Addkis. Deceased 12/11/2016 RIP

2009/2010/2011/2012 AKC GA. State Leader and Supreme Grand Nite Champion Yadkin River Addkis

2010 ACHA Georgia State Champion Grand Nite Champion Yadkin River Addkis

PKC Champion Yadkin River Addkis

Bright Eye Lights

Treeing Walkers

912-663-5287 cell (perfered)

Old Post 09-08-2017 01:21 PM
Robert Johnson is offline Click Here to See the Profile for Robert Johnson Click here to Send Robert Johnson a Private Message Click Here to Email Robert Johnson Find more posts by Robert Johnson Add Robert Johnson to your buddy list Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote
Richard Lambert
UKC Forum Member

Surely you aren't trying to say that you can't believe everything that you see posted on Facebook.

Old Post 09-08-2017 01:28 PM
Richard Lambert is offline Click Here to See the Profile for Richard Lambert Click here to Send Richard Lambert a Private Message Click Here to Email Richard Lambert Find more posts by Richard Lambert Add Richard Lambert to your buddy list Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote
Robert Johnson
UKC Forum Member

Richard I don't think I believe even a quarter of it. lol. Without doubt it can and maybe is a good way to get info out, problem is some of it is not truth. imagine that?

Johnson Creek Kennels
home of:
UKC Grand Nite Champion "PR" Yadkin River Addkis. Deceased 12/11/2016 RIP

2009/2010/2011/2012 AKC GA. State Leader and Supreme Grand Nite Champion Yadkin River Addkis

2010 ACHA Georgia State Champion Grand Nite Champion Yadkin River Addkis

PKC Champion Yadkin River Addkis

Bright Eye Lights

Treeing Walkers

912-663-5287 cell (perfered)

Old Post 09-08-2017 01:30 PM
Robert Johnson is offline Click Here to See the Profile for Robert Johnson Click here to Send Robert Johnson a Private Message Click Here to Email Robert Johnson Find more posts by Robert Johnson Add Robert Johnson to your buddy list Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote
deadeye ruck
UKC Forum Member

I'm not knocking the Red Cross because I think they go places and do things that other organizations will not or can not, however I did see a statistic the other day that said that only $0.08 for every dollar given to the red cross actually goes towards humanitarian aid (ie. meals for those in TX).

Simon Rucker
(540)-420-1787

GrNiteCh PKC CH 'PR' Candy's Stylish Swag 2014 VA State PKC top 10 and 2022/2023 Super Stakes Sire & 2022 UKC Performance Sire
GrNiteCh PKC CH 'PR' Late Night Backwater Piper
NiteCh PKC CH 'PR' Risky Ruby
'PR' Stylish Poison Neon Moon
'PR' Stylish Poison Pickles

Old Post 09-08-2017 04:06 PM
deadeye ruck is offline Click Here to See the Profile for deadeye ruck Click here to Send deadeye ruck a Private Message Click Here to Email deadeye ruck Find more posts by deadeye ruck Add deadeye ruck to your buddy list Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote
Richard Lambert
UKC Forum Member

I have seen statistics that show the % of money given to United Way that actually goes to help people is small also. Apparantly, it costs a lot of money to raise money. I don't know about the Red Cross but those Salvation Army people get paid very well.

Old Post 09-08-2017 04:19 PM
Richard Lambert is offline Click Here to See the Profile for Richard Lambert Click here to Send Richard Lambert a Private Message Click Here to Email Richard Lambert Find more posts by Richard Lambert Add Richard Lambert to your buddy list Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote
Sage
UKC Forum Member

Red Cross

Should you have issues with the Red Cross, please consider the Salvation Army Disaster Relief Fund.They provide for those in need of clothes and food. More importantly, emotional and spiritual care for those who are in the middle of the disaster.

W.W.

Old Post 09-09-2017 05:11 AM
Sage is offline Click Here to See the Profile for Sage Click here to Send Sage a Private Message Find more posts by Sage Add Sage to your buddy list Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote
Richard Lambert
UKC Forum Member

Red Cross, Salvation Army and United Way all do a fantastic job. I don't know where we would be without them. But they are like the government. There is a lot of money floating around at the top level. All charity organizations are the same. The telemarketers for fire and police charities keep 50% of the money they collect.

Old Post 09-09-2017 02:18 PM
critter
UKC Forum Member

.08%

Ive heard same thing about Red Cross and also if they decide they have spent enough on a certain problem they will put money towards some other area.

Old Post 09-09-2017 04:57 PM
critter is offline Click Here to See the Profile for critter Click here to Send critter a Private Message Click Here to Email critter Find more posts by critter Add critter to your buddy list Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote
micooner
UKC Forum Member

When i see one of these stories i go to snopes.com for a true or false answer. They havent been proven wrong yet.

Old Post 09-09-2017 05:14 PM
micooner is offline Click Here to See the Profile for micooner Click here to Send micooner a Private Message Click Here to Email micooner Find more posts by micooner Add micooner to your buddy list Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote
cripple creek
UKC Forum Member

Go to Mercury one..

100 percent of all proceeds go directly to the cause. Run by David Barton. One of the best Christian men in the country.

Grand Champion Stevenson's "Johnny Jet,"

Palms 18:39........You armed me with strength for battle; you made my adversaries bow at my feet!
Two questions sum up life....
Why am I here ? And Where am I headed.

Old Post 09-09-2017 05:38 PM
cripple creek is offline Click Here to See the Profile for cripple creek Click here to Send cripple creek a Private Message Click Here to Email cripple creek Find more posts by cripple creek Add cripple creek to your buddy list Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote
swamp1
Banned

quote:
Originally posted by Richard Lambert
I have seen statistics that show the % of money given to United Way that actually goes to help people is small also. Apparantly, it costs a lot of money to raise money. I don't know about the Red Cross but those Salvation Army people get paid very well.
my work has me involved with several of these agencies on weekly basis. They have expenses like any organization and some government agencies on a budget. With that said, no matter how good a agency is,there's some bad in it somewhere. Its just a part of it, bad finds a way in,usually in form of greed.

Old Post 09-09-2017 06:11 PM
swamp1 is offline Click Here to See the Profile for swamp1 Click here to Send swamp1 a Private Message Find more posts by swamp1 Add swamp1 to your buddy list Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote
George pouliott
UKC Forum Member

Red cross

I'm down here in Florida not sure how bad we are gonna get hammered yet but if the Red Cross has to come here I'll go get a plate and take an honest pic and I'll let yall know .

Old Post 09-10-2017 02:09 AM
George pouliott is offline Click Here to See the Profile for George pouliott Click here to Send George pouliott a Private Message Click Here to Email George pouliott Find more posts by George pouliott Add George pouliott to your buddy list Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote
Rex Ridge
UKC Forum Member

Re: Red cross

quote:
Originally posted by George pouliott
I'm down here in Florida not sure how bad we are gonna get hammered yet but if the Red Cross has to come here I'll go get a plate and take an honest pic and I'll let yall know .

Sounds like a plan. But hoping u don't get hammered enough to find out.

Old Post 09-10-2017 02:37 AM
Rex Ridge is offline Click Here to See the Profile for Rex Ridge Click here to Send Rex Ridge a Private Message Find more posts by Rex Ridge Add Rex Ridge to your buddy list Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote
Richard Lambert
UKC Forum Member

What are you doing still down there? I thought that they told everyone to get out.

Old Post 09-10-2017 05:00 AM
Rip
UKC Forum Member

quote:
Originally posted by micooner
When i see one of these stories i go to snopes.com for a true or false answer. They havent been proven wrong yet.

Yes actually Snopes is not even close to accurate many times. They are political just like other sites so sometimes even their own links to prove a story true or false one way or another actually prove the opposite of what they claim.

Snopes is more reliable than most, but they still print plenty of fake news and false information.

Old Post 09-10-2017 05:20 AM
Rip is offline Click Here to See the Profile for Rip Click here to Send Rip a Private Message Click Here to Email Rip Visit Rip's homepage! Find more posts by Rip Add Rip to your buddy list Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote
George pouliott
UKC Forum Member

Get out

quote:
Originally posted by Richard Lambert
What are you doing still down there? I thought that they told everyone to get out.

I had the dog pen on the trailer ready to go if needed but i knew it was gonna shift eventually shouldn't be bad on the east coast some wind and rain . I've been working daylight to dark boarding windows for people and sand bagging and foaming doors teaching people how to secure homes properly got a few people still need help though some wind and rain are here already but I'll help them get it done . I loaded up on Golden Grahms can milk and bread and peanut butter i wont go hungry haha .

But most importantly I've got the truck and tools on standby for anyone that gets in a bad situation I'll be able to help hurricane or not we'll get em safe .

Old Post 09-10-2017 01:45 PM
George pouliott is offline Click Here to See the Profile for George pouliott Click here to Send George pouliott a Private Message Click Here to Email George pouliott Find more posts by George pouliott Add George pouliott to your buddy list Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote
x145merlin
UKC Forum Member

Red Cross donations and spending....

http://www.redcross.org/news/press-...-Your-Donations

check the above............

Because of the hurricanes many Red Cross centers will be closed for awhile so please consider donating blood or other blood products... Platelets which are used for cancer and transplant patients cannot be frozen and has a shelf life of about 7 days... Platelets can be donated every 7 days.

Old Post 09-10-2017 02:08 PM
x145merlin is offline Click Here to See the Profile for x145merlin Click here to Send x145merlin a Private Message Click Here to Email x145merlin Find more posts by x145merlin Add x145merlin to your buddy list Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote