UKC Forums UKC Website :: Hunting Ops :: All-Breed Sports :: Registration :: UKC Online Store
Here you can view your subscribed threads, work with private messages and edit your profile and preferences Registration is free! Calendar Find other members Frequently Asked Questions Search Home  
UKC Forums : Powered by vBulletin version 2.3.0 UKC Forums > Departments > UKC Coonhounds > Question: What % of dogs ?
Vote on the question below
You do not have permission to vote on this poll.
1% 10 8.33%
5% 39 32.50%
25% 48 40.00%
50% 23 19.17%
Total: 120 votes 100%
  [Edit Poll (moderators only)]

Pages (2): « 1 [2]   Last Thread   Next Thread
Author
Thread Post New Thread    Post A Reply
toejam
UKC Forum Member

quote:
Originally posted by Billy Beckham
LMAO!!!!!!

I'm amazed at the number of grown men who will not hunt alone.

and this is the reason I voted on the lower end of this poll, HALF THE FOLK ON HERE WHEN YOU MEET THEM ARE NOT EVEN WHO OR WHAT THEY SAY .!

Here at cohulla creek kennels we breed for the show, the show that goes on in the timber.!

John R. Isenhower 706-313-3965

Report this post to a moderator | IP: Logged

Old Post 04-02-2013 03:26 PM
toejam is offline Click Here to See the Profile for toejam Click here to Send toejam a Private Message Click Here to Email toejam Find more posts by toejam Add toejam to your buddy list Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote
toejam
UKC Forum Member

quote:
Originally posted by Larry Atherton
In high school, most everyone thought I was nuts for hunting by myself in an area known as a body dump area. I sort of liked the idea they thought I was nuts.lol

As for the poll, if a dog didn't hunt by itself and stay treed by two, it isn't living at my house!

LOL AMEN !

Here at cohulla creek kennels we breed for the show, the show that goes on in the timber.!

John R. Isenhower 706-313-3965

Old Post 04-02-2013 03:26 PM
toejam is offline Click Here to See the Profile for toejam Click here to Send toejam a Private Message Click Here to Email toejam Find more posts by toejam Add toejam to your buddy list Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote
Trey M
UKC Forum Member

I voted 50% cause unless it's a puppy around here they'll stay. Now saying that, I can't say that there is a coon in the tree but they will stay till you get there. I'd say 70% will have a coon though cause we all know each other and we all comp hunt againist one another.

SKUNA RIVER PYRO @ STUD
Trey Miller
Cell # 706-577-4124
Email lowhillkennels@gmail.com
(Copy And Paste Video)https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=f0TYBB5mhK8&feature=youtube_gdata_player
**Skuna River Bark + Schultz's Stylish Coma = Pyro**

Old Post 04-02-2013 03:30 PM
Trey M is offline Click Here to See the Profile for Trey M Click here to Send Trey M a Private Message Find more posts by Trey M Add Trey M to your buddy list Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote
pigman816
UKC Forum Member

?????

To play devils advocate, why does it matter how far the dog goes, if he is treeing coon consistently? Ive got a dog that will go as far as needed, but prefers to hunt up the area you dump him in before burning out of the country. I tree most coons within 300 yards. That being said, of course the dog will go further, but usually doesnt need to. Extremely accurate, WILL NOT settle on a tree if he isnt sure the coon is there. Ive got a friend that hunts English dogs. Nice dogs, but he has one that will pass 2 or 3 coon just to 'get deep'. In the mean time, my hound has treed one of the ones that dog passed. When I turn loose, I want to see a coon! PERIOD! I do not care if its 200yds or a mile. Dont slick me, and dont come back unless I call you.

'PR' Mar Mack Blue Queen
R.I.P.---
CH 'PR' Beavercreek Stonecold Blu Bozo

Old Post 04-02-2013 04:31 PM
pigman816 is offline Click Here to See the Profile for pigman816 Click here to Send pigman816 a Private Message Click Here to Email pigman816 Find more posts by pigman816 Add pigman816 to your buddy list Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote
patches9452
UKC Forum Member

if mine start fireing in 500 yards ever drop im fixing to bust their tails... they will hunt for miles if not struck but they better be hunting.... ever wonder why a dog always has a coon that runs roads.... because they are fireing down them running over tracks that they could tree but want slow down until they hit a red hot one... not what im looking for... also... i hunt very little by myself but my dogs get hunted around 50% of the time by themselves and if they need it more.... we just take yurns making drops

Old Post 04-02-2013 04:58 PM
patches9452 is offline Click Here to See the Profile for patches9452 Click here to Send patches9452 a Private Message Click Here to Email patches9452 Find more posts by patches9452 Add patches9452 to your buddy list Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote
Maniac
UKC Forum Member

quote:
Originally posted by toejam
Question I have is what % of these message board warriors would go to a hound 500yds deep treed alone in the dark by themselves ?
if i half to walk a mile alone in the dark i would do it. i hunt alone all the time. but ik some growing men that r afraid of the dark. when your in the woods wat is going to get u? a boogyman

http://i774.photobucket.com/albums/yy24/maniacjr4/SAM_0522.jpg

http://www.hunt101.com/data/500/1619.jpg

IF YOU WANT TO PACK HUNT
BUY YOU A PAIR BEAGLES!

GR NITE CH. HARWOODMANIAC JR 4 # 2 TOP 100 UKC WORLD 2013 OWNER JAY HYDE & DAVID DEPEW

GRNITE CH Hoghill Harwood Kasper
owners Hyde Warlick Leatherman
Qualified for 2013 world Hhunt
OWNER HYDE & WARLICK LEATHERMAN. MY PH 574 306 8438
K-LIGHTS ph.936 767 4965
http://i774.photobucket.com/albums/yy24/maniacjr4/SAM_0734.jpg

Old Post 04-02-2013 05:25 PM
Maniac is offline Click Here to See the Profile for Maniac Click here to Send Maniac a Private Message Find more posts by Maniac Add Maniac to your buddy list Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote
Scott Griess
UKC Forum Member

Every time we go out we have more then one hound but we always drop them alone. I have a young Mojo Female . I know for a fact will stay at least 3 hours by herself.As far as going hunting by them selves. We don't have too much problems with that.

Old Post 04-02-2013 06:34 PM
Scott Griess is offline Click Here to See the Profile for Scott Griess Click here to Send Scott Griess a Private Message Visit Scott Griess's homepage! Find more posts by Scott Griess Add Scott Griess to your buddy list Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote
pigman816
UKC Forum Member

PATCHES

quote:
Originally posted by patches9452
if mine start fireing in 500 yards ever drop im fixing to bust their tails... they will hunt for miles if not struck but they better be hunting.... ever wonder why a dog always has a coon that runs roads.... because they are fireing down them running over tracks that they could tree but want slow down until they hit a red hot one... not what im looking for... also... i hunt very little by myself but my dogs get hunted around 50% of the time by themselves and if they need it more.... we just take yurns making drops

Well said!!!

'PR' Mar Mack Blue Queen
R.I.P.---
CH 'PR' Beavercreek Stonecold Blu Bozo

Old Post 04-02-2013 07:06 PM
pigman816 is offline Click Here to See the Profile for pigman816 Click here to Send pigman816 a Private Message Click Here to Email pigman816 Find more posts by pigman816 Add pigman816 to your buddy list Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote
blueticker
UKC Forum Member

I hunted alone for years, big foot got after me one night and I hunt with Mr Remington now.

The Hounds I Enjoyed Hunting:
Dual Gr Natural Smokey River Rebel, A buddy of mine
Gr. Nt Natural Blue Echo ( Gr Nt Quail Ck Jimmy X Nt Ch Natural Blue Bell)
Gr Nt Smokey River Chief's Joe (JBS Chief X Gr Nt Jeans Ruby)
Gr. Nt. Ch. Natural Smokey River Lucy (Chief's Joe X Muggins)
And Many More

Old Post 04-02-2013 10:43 PM
blueticker is offline Click Here to See the Profile for blueticker Click here to Send blueticker a Private Message Find more posts by blueticker Add blueticker to your buddy list Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote
wings
UKC Forum Member

Re: Question: What % of dogs ?

quote:
Originally posted by longshot
What percentage of adult coondogs will fire in at least 500 yards by themselves and strike and tree a coon and stay treed for at least 30 minutes ?

Vote in the poll.

FIRST I SAID 5./. WEN A YOUNG DOG STARTS TO RUN AND TREE .HE OR SHE WILL THEN HUNT ALONE TILL THEY GOT IT DOWN LIKE 123 I DONT NEED A DOG TO GO IN 500 YARDS MOST DEEP HUNTERS RAN PAST 2OR 3 COON TO GET 500 YARDS DEEP . DEEP HUNTING DOGS I TREED A LOT OF COON IN HUNTS BETWEEN ME AND THAT DEEP DOG AND ONE THE HUNT I HUNT ALL COON NOT JUST THE DEEP ONES. YOU JUST LIKE TO WALK RIGHT

Old Post 04-02-2013 11:07 PM
wings is offline Click Here to See the Profile for wings Click here to Send wings a Private Message Click Here to Email wings Find more posts by wings Add wings to your buddy list Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote
longshot
UKC Forum Member

Re: Re: Question: What % of dogs ?

quote:
Originally posted by wings
I TREED A LOT OF COON IN HUNTS BETWEEN ME AND THAT DEEP DOG AND ONE THE HUNT I HUNT ALL COON NOT JUST THE DEEP ONES. YOU JUST LIKE TO WALK RIGHT

You won't ONE (won) many hunts around here if your fleabag won't stroll in at least 500. Several places that I cut are 500 yards to the timber!

The reason I ask this poll question is because I think there is a BUNCH of dogs that won't make 500 when cut alone. It has nothing to do with running past coons. I'm talking about dogs that need to GO hunting to find a coon. There is a semi truck load of dogs that just fart around and don't get gone... If you don't believe me, just go try out a few in the classified ads.

Old Post 04-02-2013 11:55 PM
longshot is offline Click Here to See the Profile for longshot Click here to Send longshot a Private Message Find more posts by longshot Add longshot to your buddy list Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote
GLANCY'S 7 MILE
UKC Forum Member

quote:
Originally posted by Larry Atherton
As for the poll, if a dog didn't hunt by itself and stay treed by two, it isn't living at my house!

I agree, everyone of my hounds will go hunting and tree their own coon on a nightly basis, if they can't or won't, they will find their stay at my place very short. I hunt by myself most of the time, usually 1 dog at a time, and sometimes with a dog in the box, taking turns dropping them, one at a time. TO ME, if they won't hunt by themselves they are useless. Yet some don't hunt like I do. I know a lot of people who will not go hunting by themselves, and some who just like to go hunting with people, so they could careless if their hound will hunt alone or not. I've seen a lot hounds look pretty good with company, but sadly wouldn't hunt a lick by themselves, those dogs may please some hunters but not this one.

GRNITECH PKC CH 'PR' HARD KNOCKIN STYLISH MAC (RIP)
GRNITECH X2 PKC CH 'PR' GLANCY'S 7 MILE CLYDE
NITECH PKC CH 'PR' GLANCY'S 7 MILE MERCY

Old Post 04-02-2013 11:57 PM
GLANCY'S 7 MILE is offline Click Here to See the Profile for GLANCY'S 7 MILE Click here to Send GLANCY'S 7 MILE a Private Message Click Here to Email GLANCY'S 7 MILE Visit GLANCY'S 7 MILE's homepage! Find more posts by GLANCY'S 7 MILE Add GLANCY'S 7 MILE to your buddy list Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote
hillbilly56
UKC Forum Member

Re: Question: What % of dogs ?

quote:
Originally posted by longshot
What percentage of adult coondogs will fire in at least 500 yards by themselves and strike and tree a coon and stay treed for at least 30 minutes ?

Vote in the poll.

i dont want a dog that goes 500 yrds to find a coon where i hunt dont need a dog that goes that far if it goes that far done passed up at least 2 coon and if they dont stay at last 2 hrs i dont want them i had dogs back in the 60s and 70s would stay all nite if they had to but that was old blood and some mixed up hounds jmo

Old Post 04-03-2013 02:37 AM
hillbilly56 is offline Click Here to See the Profile for hillbilly56 Click here to Send hillbilly56 a Private Message Click Here to Email hillbilly56 Find more posts by hillbilly56 Add hillbilly56 to your buddy list Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote
Jackson87
UKC Forum Member

Well all this time I was thinkin coons were thin in WV.Guess it depends what side?Huntin alone is what I enjoy the most.If the hound im followin is one I like.I took my 3 year old son huntin the other night.When we got bout 400 yard in he said Daddy wheres my applejuice?LOLHe ant scared of the dark

Old Post 04-03-2013 03:30 AM
Jackson87 is offline Click Here to See the Profile for Jackson87 Click here to Send Jackson87 a Private Message Find more posts by Jackson87 Add Jackson87 to your buddy list Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote
James G
UKC Forum Member

100% If i own them go as deep as it takes and stay

Old Post 04-03-2013 03:53 AM
James G is offline Click Here to See the Profile for James G Click here to Send James G a Private Message Click Here to Email James G Find more posts by James G Add James G to your buddy list Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote
hillbilly56
UKC Forum Member

quote:
Originally posted by Jackson87
Well all this time I was thinkin coons were thin in WV.Guess it depends what side?Huntin alone is what I enjoy the most.If the hound im followin is one I like.I took my 3 year old son huntin the other night.When we got bout 400 yard in he said Daddy wheres my applejuice?LOLHe ant scared of the dark
depends where you hunt in wv i hunt alot close to my house and dont kill verymany when my health went bad i had to get rid of my hounds the ground where i hunt was privite ground i was the only 1 that was allow to hunt it my buddy came over we start hunting it last season another thing that will make you think coon are thin is the type of dog we talking about on this post they go off through the country wide open and pass coon up looking for a red hot track jmo there probly is spots that do have thin coon from hunters shootin every 1 the tree out dont take long you wont have many

Old Post 04-03-2013 08:51 PM
hillbilly56 is offline Click Here to See the Profile for hillbilly56 Click here to Send hillbilly56 a Private Message Click Here to Email hillbilly56 Find more posts by hillbilly56 Add hillbilly56 to your buddy list Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote
GA DAWG
UKC Forum Member

I have feeders over 500 yards off. It ain't the dark Im afraid of when hunting alone. Its the things in the dark that bother me.LoL. like Bigfoots,panthers,vampires,Ghosts,zombies. You know just the basics.

Old Post 04-04-2013 12:03 AM
GA DAWG is offline Click Here to See the Profile for GA DAWG Click here to Send GA DAWG a Private Message Click Here to Email GA DAWG Find more posts by GA DAWG Add GA DAWG to your buddy list Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote
hillbilly56
UKC Forum Member

quote:
Originally posted by GA DAWG
I have feeders over 500 yards off. It ain't the dark Im afraid of when hunting alone. Its the things in the dark that bother me.LoL. like Bigfoots,panthers,vampires,Ghosts,zombies. You know just the basics.
dang ole buddy y'all got some big skeery things down there lol

Old Post 04-04-2013 12:22 AM