UKC Forums UKC Website :: Hunting Ops :: All-Breed Sports :: Registration :: UKC Online Store
Here you can view your subscribed threads, work with private messages and edit your profile and preferences Registration is free! Calendar Find other members Frequently Asked Questions Search Home  
UKC Forums : Powered by vBulletin version 2.3.0 UKC Forums > Departments > UKC Coonhounds > Breeding Question
  Last Thread   Next Thread
Author
Thread Post New Thread    Post A Reply
fatherof4
UKC Forum Member

Breeding Question

I have recently acquired an 8 year old male semen dog. I'm not sure exactly how old the semen was that was used but I'd say it was in the neighborhood of 15 years. Just guessing off memory. I am wanting to get him drawn, iced, and do some live breeding. My question is, what is the success rate of having a semen dog collected and do they have a good count for breeding?

This may have been asked before, but it's new to me and I am wanting this very VERY bad. Thanks.

Ch GrNiteCh. Ch. Ramey's Oakwood Woody
PR Ramey's Crockett Rose
NITECH CH PR Hardin-Williams Spider
PR Ramey's Lute

Report this post to a moderator | IP: Logged

Old Post 06-14-2021 03:27 AM
fatherof4 is offline Click Here to See the Profile for fatherof4 Click here to Send fatherof4 a Private Message Click Here to Email fatherof4 Find more posts by fatherof4 Add fatherof4 to your buddy list Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote
Richard Lambert
UKC Forum Member

Every dog is different. You will have to pay to get him collected and the semen checked to know. Him being from 15 year old semen makes no difference or doesn't come into play.

Old Post 06-14-2021 02:14 PM
Richard Lambert is offline Click Here to See the Profile for Richard Lambert Click here to Send Richard Lambert a Private Message Click Here to Email Richard Lambert Find more posts by Richard Lambert Add Richard Lambert to your buddy list Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote
Lone Pine JB
UKC Forum Member

if you want to get him collected, do in NOW! Many times, the older they get, the lower quality they produce. And something could happen to him anytime to make him sterile or even worse.

Don't wait. Make an appointment today to get it done.

Lone Pine North

Old Post 06-14-2021 02:57 PM
Lone Pine JB is offline Click Here to See the Profile for Lone Pine JB Click here to Send Lone Pine JB a Private Message Click Here to Email Lone Pine JB Visit Lone Pine JB's homepage! Find more posts by Lone Pine JB Add Lone Pine JB to your buddy list Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote
fatherof4
UKC Forum Member

I have been pushing to get this dog in my possession for about a year now and things finally worked out. I ain't wasting any time on this. I missed the boat with my old dog and it's an absolute shame too, he is a last of his line and so I will be getting this done ASAP but I just wondered if anybody has had success out of breeding and icing semen dogs.

There is a pretty unique story behind all this but y'all probably don't want all those details. I am dealing with an English dog.

PR Ramey's Crockett Rose
PR Ramey's Lute

Old Post 06-14-2021 03:26 PM
fatherof4 is offline Click Here to See the Profile for fatherof4 Click here to Send fatherof4 a Private Message Click Here to Email fatherof4 Find more posts by fatherof4 Add fatherof4 to your buddy list Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote
fatherof4
UKC Forum Member

I've been in contact with the vet and it's looking like 4-6 weeks before we can get him in to get collected. Gonna get his wellness checkup set up as soon as they can get to him. I hope this all works out. I have wanted this dog since about 1997 or '98 and had obviously given up and then this dog just came up in conversation and here we are talking about collection and breeding. I was getting ready to close the books on English dogs and now I find myself digging out my old notes. Funny how things work. Those old bloodlines are going away fast and I would sure like to keep this one around.

PR Ramey's Crockett Rose
PR Ramey's Lute

Old Post 06-15-2021 09:45 PM
fatherof4
UKC Forum Member

Got our appointments for 7-2 and 7-9 to make this happen. The 2nd is a wellness check and collection test. The 9th is freeze day if his counts are good. Hope and pray that Ol Tobey is firing on all cylinders. I have wanted a Moses dog since Mo was making the hunts and now I have a son off Mo and Rocking R Southern Belle which is a grandaughter of Mo. I'm really excited about this. It might not work but we gonna give it a shot.

PR Ramey's Crockett Rose
PR Ramey's Lute

Old Post 06-16-2021 05:40 PM