UKC Forums UKC Website :: Hunting Ops :: All-Breed Sports :: Registration :: UKC Online Store
Here you can view your subscribed threads, work with private messages and edit your profile and preferences Registration is free! Calendar Find other members Frequently Asked Questions Search Home  
UKC Forums : Powered by vBulletin version 2.3.0 UKC Forums > Departments > UKC Coonhounds > Changing Times/or Not
  Last Thread   Next Thread
Author
Thread Post New Thread    Post A Reply
reddog1st
UKC Forum Member

Changing Times/or Not

I have been hunting the circuit on and off since 1991. In 2000 I decided to take a break until 2008 and then took another break in 2013. I have notice clubs struggling and attendance dwindling in the local smaller clubs. In 2021 I decided to return, as I just turn 67, the trees are more difficult to climb over, ditches are steeper, and hills are higher, my pace has slowed. With all the modern technology hounds are easier to find and recover. The hunters are so much smarter these days I discovered. They are able to call your dog and change their name in the process? I told a cast not to long ago, this is not a new technology they have come up with, in the old days it was called pitching.. The new technology I have seen, other handlers can tell everything your dog is doing wrong. The Woke of hunting now is people are getting away from handling their dog, but now they handle your dog. Telling the cast what your dog is doing wrong!! It is now the World of Minus... The rule followers make up their on rules, they walk their on pace. My hound suites my needs, he will never be a world champion, but he stays clean at the hunts and comes when I call him, I walk a slower pace but I m able to get there and when I get home, I sleep at night. There are a lot of hunters do a lot of things, not sure how they sleep at night.. In the new world of woke , I hope the sporting world of competition survives. I m sure it will, just with a different twist.

Report this post to a moderator | IP: Logged

Old Post 06-13-2021 10:06 AM
reddog1st is offline Click Here to See the Profile for reddog1st Click here to Send reddog1st a Private Message Click Here to Email reddog1st Find more posts by reddog1st Add reddog1st to your buddy list Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote
Reuben
UKC Forum Member

Keep on keeping on…

Report this post to a moderator | IP: Logged

Old Post 06-13-2021 02:15 PM
Reuben is offline Click Here to See the Profile for Reuben Click here to Send Reuben a Private Message Click Here to Email Reuben Find more posts by Reuben Add Reuben to your buddy list Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote