UKC Forums UKC Website :: Hunting Ops :: All-Breed Sports :: Registration :: UKC Online Store
Here you can view your subscribed threads, work with private messages and edit your profile and preferences Registration is free! Calendar Find other members Frequently Asked Questions Search Home  
UKC Forums : Powered by vBulletin version 2.3.0 UKC Forums > Departments > UKC Coonhounds > Hunt ?
  Last Thread   Next Thread
Author
Thread Post New Thread    Post A Reply
Hoosier Man1
UKC Forum Member

Hunt ?

1st scenario

4 DOG cast. All 4 cast members are walking to score a tree one cast member branches off to go handle his split treed dog. 3 cast members shine the tree and 2 of them see the coon. How is the tree scored?

Grand Nite Ch HOF PKC Silver Ch Heatseaker Unleash the Kraken(Grand at 15 months old) BBOA Overall 1st place X2, Tournament of Champions Finalist, National Bluetic Days overall winner, Autumn Oaks Grand 16x2 PKC SS Semi Finalist PKC State Hunt Final 4 UKC World Top 20
GRNT CH BLUES AMAZING GRACE
Trevor Hack
567-231-7413

Report this post to a moderator | IP: Logged

Old Post 06-11-2021 07:47 PM
Hoosier Man1 is offline Click Here to See the Profile for Hoosier Man1 Click here to Send Hoosier Man1 a Private Message Find more posts by Hoosier Man1 Add Hoosier Man1 to your buddy list Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote
Jordan120
UKC Forum Member

I just gotta know Did the cast member that went to the split tree get permission to go handle his dog? I’m in between the tree getting plussed or getting deleted.
It could be scored plus because of the two members seeing it and it could be deleted because all 4 members wasn’t at the tree.

What was the outcome of scoring the tree if this happened in a cast you was in?

**Home Of**

PR Money's Little Rain
Nitech PR The Midnight Joker

Jordan Maynard
304-385-4266 --Home
304-784-2091 --Cell

Richard Maynard
304-272-3338 --Home
304-784-7551 --Cell

**Call us anytime if you have a question**

**RIP**
Grnitech Grch PR High Spirit Dan
~7-8-1999 to 10-6-2012~
PR Stylish Ruby[color=blue](Died with 2 UKC first)
PR WV'S High Power Aka FEFE (2008 WV State Champion)
(Died with 2 UKC first)

PR MY Fightin Side
(Died with a UKC 1st and 2nd)
~8-20-2007 to 12-7-2012~

Grnitech Grch PR Maynard's Nocturnal Nicki
10-1-2003 to 6-22-15

Old Post 06-11-2021 08:26 PM
Jordan120 is offline Click Here to See the Profile for Jordan120 Click here to Send Jordan120 a Private Message Click Here to Email Jordan120 Visit Jordan120's homepage! Find more posts by Jordan120 Add Jordan120 to your buddy list Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote
benderb4
Banned

Not a majority
First of all guy that split should not go to split alone.
Secondly it takes 3 of 4 cast members for a majority PERIOD
On split trees that a guy gets permission to handle dog
He must return to the tree being scored for a majority

If guy split off without permission ...the Judge could scratch for not staying with the cast

Still tricky because scratched or withdrawn cast members that stay with the cast still have a right to vote on scoring situations

TRUTH IS TREASON IN AN EMPIRE OF LIES...G. Orwell
DON'T BELIEVE ANYTHING THE GOVERNMENT TELLS YOU...G. Carlin
ONLY THOSE WHO HAVE SOMETHING TO HIDE WORK RELENTLESSLY TO CENSOR THOSE WHO SPEAK THE TRUTH...Ron DeSantis

Last edited by benderb4 on 06-11-2021 at 09:24 PM

Old Post 06-11-2021 09:19 PM
benderb4 is offline Click Here to See the Profile for benderb4 Find more posts by benderb4 Add benderb4 to your buddy list Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote
Richard Lambert
UKC Forum Member

If you decide to start shining a tree with only 3 members of a 4 dog cast, you have to realize that all 3 have to agree on scoring.
Three members is a majority of a 4 dog cast. Two members are not.

Old Post 06-11-2021 10:21 PM
Richard Lambert is offline Click Here to See the Profile for Richard Lambert Click here to Send Richard Lambert a Private Message Click Here to Email Richard Lambert Find more posts by Richard Lambert Add Richard Lambert to your buddy list Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote
Tug18
UKC Forum Member

I'd scratch the whole cast.

Old Post 06-11-2021 10:45 PM
Tug18 is offline Click Here to See the Profile for Tug18 Click here to Send Tug18 a Private Message Find more posts by Tug18 Add Tug18 to your buddy list Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote
Hoosier Man1
UKC Forum Member

quote:
Originally posted by Tug18
I'd scratch the whole cast.

😃

Grand Nite Ch HOF PKC Silver Ch Heatseaker Unleash the Kraken(Grand at 15 months old) BBOA Overall 1st place X2, Tournament of Champions Finalist, National Bluetic Days overall winner, Autumn Oaks Grand 16x2 PKC SS Semi Finalist PKC State Hunt Final 4 UKC World Top 20
GRNT CH BLUES AMAZING GRACE
Trevor Hack
567-231-7413

Old Post 06-11-2021 11:46 PM
Hoosier Man1 is offline Click Here to See the Profile for Hoosier Man1 Click here to Send Hoosier Man1 a Private Message Find more posts by Hoosier Man1 Add Hoosier Man1 to your buddy list Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote
Lone Pine JB
UKC Forum Member

quote:
Originally posted by Richard Lambert
If you decide to start shining a tree with only 3 members of a 4 dog cast, you have to realize that all 3 have to agree on scoring.
Three members is a majority of a 4 dog cast. Two members are not.

yep. 2 is not a majority.

Lone Pine North

Old Post 06-12-2021 01:35 PM
Lone Pine JB is offline Click Here to See the Profile for Lone Pine JB Click here to Send Lone Pine JB a Private Message Click Here to Email Lone Pine JB Visit Lone Pine JB's homepage! Find more posts by Lone Pine JB Add Lone Pine JB to your buddy list Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote
James Garrison
UKC Forum Member

I would plus the tree and then go to split tree. We are all the time making everything to complicated. Handler on split tree needed to be very well informed to come over to other tree as soon as he had his dog leased up. If he is half a mile over to his dog then its half a mile back, all this time eating up total hunt time but nothing can be done unless you time out and then back in when he does get back with cast and shine time starts, Ive never seen it done but its possible I guess, maybe, could be. But remember Plott dogs, if they have first tree get 25 minutes of shine time all other breeds only get 8 minutes. Dont come, call or write Iam always to busy just to help hunters understand all the UKC rules.

Gr. Nt. Ch. Garrisons Brindle Hobo
Gr. Nt. Ch. Garrisons Brindle Luke
Gr. Nt. Ch. Garrisons Brindle Honey
Nite Ch. Garrisons Brindle Lead Nite Ch. Garrisons Brindle Belle
Nite Champion Garrisons Brindle Buckshot HTX
At Stud Grand Nite Ch. Garrisons Brindle Trax

Old Post 06-12-2021 03:17 PM
James Garrison is offline Click Here to See the Profile for James Garrison Click here to Send James Garrison a Private Message Click Here to Email James Garrison Find more posts by James Garrison Add James Garrison to your buddy list Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote
wart
UKC Forum Member

Dogs

Well I see several problems first if someone splits of to handle their dog cast must agree and second problem why did only 2 members see the raccoon in the tree and one doesn't this sounds fishy about 15 years ago in another cast this similar thing happened and the master of hounds scratched all of them for not staying together and coming in with some questions that common sense would have taken care of when scoring trees without majority

Old Post 06-12-2021 07:11 PM
wart is offline Click Here to See the Profile for wart Click here to Send wart a Private Message Find more posts by wart Add wart to your buddy list Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote
indiana1
UKC Forum Member

Had this happen at an RQE few years back , slick handler Also him being the judge, luckily the man that should of won the cast did. It was one of those free lessons. I believe Mr Lambert was in the room that night when question came back.

(Uchtman’s blue Amos x Uchtman’s blue Magic)
NITECH Lynch’s LIL BLU MAC (Walston’s Big Country x Hatcreek Kate 2)

Old Post 06-12-2021 08:28 PM
indiana1 is offline Click Here to See the Profile for indiana1 Click here to Send indiana1 a Private Message Find more posts by indiana1 Add indiana1 to your buddy list Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote
Surveyor
UKC Forum Member

Re: Dogs

quote:
Originally posted by wart
Well I see several problems first if someone splits of to handle their dog cast must agree and second problem why did only 2 members see the raccoon in the tree and one doesn't this sounds fishy about 15 years ago in another cast this similar thing happened and the master of hounds scratched all of them for not staying together and coming in with some questions that common sense would have taken care of when scoring trees without majority

Why do people believe that whole cast has to agree to let a handler go handle his dog on a split tree (assuming shine time hasn't begun)? I've fought this mentality a long time and with seasoned comp hunters too. I just flip the card over and point out it reads judge "shall" give permission for a handler to handle his dog on a split tree, not he may or he can if everybody agrees, he "shall"! This is a great post and this is how things usually happen-3 go score a tree while the other guy stays with his split dog. I've done it many times too, but it is absolutely not correct! Like Richard posted if only 3 of 4 or 2 of 3 at a tree they have to all agree or you have a problem. I too learned this the hard way on a cast where a dog was obviously slick, but 1 guy was with his split dog and dog handler of slick treed dog refused to admit it was slick. ? was put on card and guess what-we didn't have the majority of the cast there to say it was slick. Answer to question in this post is delete!

2 time world finalist, 10th overall and high scoring Bluetick of the 2010 UKC World Coonhound Championship
NASHOBA VALLEY PIAZON, (RIP)
his littermate brother
UKC NT CH SHEPPARDS NORTHERN
BLUE LONER (RIP)
UKC GR NT CH RATTLERS BLUE SKY (RIP)
UKC Gr NT CH, PKC Ch Sheppard's Northern Blue Abbie, (PiazonxSky) UKC GR NT CH 'pr' Sheppards Northern Blue Punkin (PiazonXAlice) High scoring Bluetick of the 2015 (50th anniversary) Grand American, 2017 National Grand Nite Champion of breed, 2017 BBOA zone 4 Nite hunt dog of the year. Queen of hunt on 2019 Grand National Bluetick Reunion, 5th place and High Scoring Bluetick of 2019 UKC world Nite hunt Championship, 2019 Triple Crown Winner.
UKC GR NT CH 'pr' Mckintosh's Blue Flame Chopper
Gr Nt Ch Sheppards Northern Blue Goomba (Piazon X Dizzie) 14th place 2017 UKC world coon hound championship 100 purina point cast wins in 2018
and several other blueticks of lesser accomplishments

Old Post 06-16-2021 03:39 AM
Surveyor is offline Click Here to See the Profile for Surveyor Click here to Send Surveyor a Private Message Click Here to Email Surveyor Find more posts by Surveyor Add Surveyor to your buddy list Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote
wart
UKC Forum Member

Dogs

They all didn't agree so you have a problem yes I understand the rules but and never have problem letting them go to there dog but when someone can't see or won't see a raccoon you need need the other hunter at that tree

Old Post 06-16-2021 04:10 AM
wart is offline Click Here to See the Profile for wart Click here to Send wart a Private Message Find more posts by wart Add wart to your buddy list Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote
Richard Lambert
UKC Forum Member

This is one of those lessons you usually learn the hard way unless you are present when someone else learns. Unfortunately this same question comes up a lot. If a handler goes to handle their dog on a split tree make sure that you and they understand that they have to come back to your tree to score it.

Old Post 06-16-2021 05:17 AM
Richard Lambert is offline Click Here to See the Profile for Richard Lambert Click here to Send Richard Lambert a Private Message Click Here to Email Richard Lambert Find more posts by Richard Lambert Add Richard Lambert to your buddy list Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote