UKC Forums UKC Website :: Hunting Ops :: All-Breed Sports :: Registration :: UKC Online Store
Here you can view your subscribed threads, work with private messages and edit your profile and preferences Registration is free! Calendar Find other members Frequently Asked Questions Search Home  
UKC Forums : Powered by vBulletin version 2.3.0 UKC Forums > Departments > UKC Beagles > Kennel Name
  Last Thread   Next Thread
Author
Thread Post New Thread    Post A Reply
Andy2
UKC Forum Member

Kennel Name

What are some pros and cons of putting your kennel name on pups before selling.

Report this post to a moderator | IP: Logged

Old Post 04-18-2014 08:32 AM
Andy2 is offline Click Here to See the Profile for Andy2 Click here to Send Andy2 a Private Message Find more posts by Andy2 Add Andy2 to your buddy list Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote
Sundown Beagles
UKC Forum Member

Andy, we always have allowed an individual to put our kennel name on one of our pups. With that said we never require it. We have always felt that when you purchase that pup it is yours to do what you want. This also allows that individual the opportunity to name their own pup. To those whom have asked to use our kennel name with their own, I often suggest to add it at the end. An example was Howard's heartbreak of Sundown.

Old Post 04-18-2014 12:17 PM
Sundown Beagles is offline Click Here to See the Profile for Sundown Beagles Click here to Send Sundown Beagles a Private Message Click Here to Email Sundown Beagles Find more posts by Sundown Beagles Add Sundown Beagles to your buddy list Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote
MIKE CARDER
UKC Forum Member

Re: Kennel Name

quote:
Originally posted by Andy2
What are some pros an cons of putting your kennel name on pups before selling.

The only positive I see out of it is the fact of Promoting the hound. If the kennel has been successful with their breeding program, and are true sportsmans , have a good reputation, it would be beneficial to put it on there. Now if they are the opposite then that could turn people away. No matter what the pedigree is going to have the bloodlines that made that hound. I myself when selling a pup could care less. But some people want it for one reason or another.

Phone number 270-820-5560

Old Post 04-18-2014 02:33 PM
MIKE CARDER is offline Click Here to See the Profile for MIKE CARDER Click here to Send MIKE CARDER a Private Message Click Here to Email MIKE CARDER Find more posts by MIKE CARDER Add MIKE CARDER to your buddy list Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote
Halfway2
UKC Forum Member

I like for people to put my kennel name on a pup they get off of me but I'd never make anyone do that if they paid me for a pup. Here's some examples of pups that came from my house, DB's Halfway Chubby Molly and some that you may or may not see at hunts next year. Young Guns Halfway Shelby or my personal favorite Rambling Halfway Garth Brooks. These are young puppies but this way they advertise both kennels. Of course if they don't turn out then that doesn't look good either. Lol

Old Post 04-18-2014 03:58 PM
Halfway2 is offline Click Here to See the Profile for Halfway2 Click here to Send Halfway2 a Private Message Click Here to Email Halfway2 Find more posts by Halfway2 Add Halfway2 to your buddy list Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote
BradH
UKC Forum Member

The use of kennel names on pups when bought directly from the breeding kennel makes sense for alot of the above mentioned reasons it's more of a nod to the breeder and there collective hard work on picking studs etc and building there blood line. I don't think it should be really considered poor taste if someone pays for a pup and doesnt do it however if the breeder and new owner have a previously discussed agreement then by all means.

I see more of an issue with people who misrepresent there dogs by throwing on a kennel name when the dog was not born at or owned by the kennel to me this is false advertisement and is generally done as a marketing ploy to make money. Especially when they do this without consulting with the owners of the kennel first.

A kennel name on the hound should mean the breeding kennel endorses and stands behind it's blood line and believes the cross to be solid good or bad.

Hurry Up Beagles.Com

BackWoods Beagle Club.Com

Running Pen

Last edited by BradH on 04-23-2014 at 03:42 PM

Old Post 04-23-2014 03:38 PM
BradH is offline Click Here to See the Profile for BradH Click here to Send BradH a Private Message Click Here to Email BradH Visit BradH's homepage! Find more posts by BradH Add BradH to your buddy list Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote
TOUCHSTONEBEAGL
UKC Forum Member

In the Show dog world it is common to put the kennel name of the breeder first. I like that because you know where the dog came from by the name. In the hunt programs it seems the person raising and training the pup may want their kennel name first. Sometimes when in Rome may be better to do as the Romans do.

Old Post 04-26-2014 04:05 PM
TOUCHSTONEBEAGL is offline Click Here to See the Profile for TOUCHSTONEBEAGL Click here to Send TOUCHSTONEBEAGL a Private Message Click Here to Email TOUCHSTONEBEAGL Find more posts by TOUCHSTONEBEAGL Add TOUCHSTONEBEAGL to your buddy list Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote
Calvin Robyn Mings
UKC Forum Member

I have done this before for one kennel won't do it again when I buy a pup it belongs to me I don't buy it to recognize someone else's kennel I buy it because of the way the dad runs or does in the field. If the people like how the pup does they are asking who it is out of not what kennel it came from that is how you promote the kennel is through the sire. If you go out and buy a stud Dog that is in another kennels name don't why would you expect them to put your kennel name on it because it was born at your kennel this is just my opinion Calvin

Home of UKC Champions

Old Post 04-27-2014 04:00 AM
Calvin Robyn Mings is offline Click Here to See the Profile for Calvin Robyn Mings Click here to Send Calvin Robyn Mings a Private Message Click Here to Email Calvin Robyn Mings Find more posts by Calvin Robyn Mings Add Calvin Robyn Mings to your buddy list Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote