UKC Forums UKC Website :: Hunting Ops :: All-Breed Sports :: Registration :: UKC Online Store
Here you can view your subscribed threads, work with private messages and edit your profile and preferences Registration is free! Calendar Find other members Frequently Asked Questions Search Home  
UKC Forums : Powered by vBulletin version 2.3.0 UKC Forums > Departments > UKC Coonhounds > Off Topic > What the he!! is going on...
Pages (6): « 1 2 [3] 4 5 » ... Last »   Last Thread   Next Thread
Author
Thread Post New Thread    Post A Reply
Chuck Allen
UKC Forum Member

Thanks Jen ,No one stands alone, there are lots of good men and women scattered across our great land , these are some trying times for sure , but do we learn form them or go back to the status quo which leads to slavery or worse, I believe we can and should hold the line on this and demand an end to this GLOBALIZATION BS that let this happen.
This is what the establishment D and R gets for french kissing the Chicom Cobra among other unmentionable and detestable acts for at least the last 31 years.

When the law of the land becomes unjust outlaws will rise to take their place in history.

Report this post to a moderator | IP: Logged

Old Post 03-21-2020 04:37 AM
Chuck Allen is offline Click Here to See the Profile for Chuck Allen Click here to Send Chuck Allen a Private Message Find more posts by Chuck Allen Add Chuck Allen to your buddy list Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote
fletch
UKC Forum Member

My father was Inconvenienced in France during WW II when he was shot in the leg and amputated 3 times, each time higher up his leg to get ahead of the gangerine. Only thing thing he ever mentioned is that he never took morphine, saw too many get addicted in the beds next to him. Carried around a wooden leg for over 50 years that I couldn’t even lift up as a child. He was always a little unsettled during thunder storms as he had been in the infantry. I never heard him complain about any inconvenience. I’m passing on this, as l am a little embarrassed as to how easily we all of us can be “inconvenienced”.

Old Post 03-21-2020 03:04 PM
fletch is offline Click Here to See the Profile for fletch Click here to Send fletch a Private Message Find more posts by fletch Add fletch to your buddy list Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote
houndsound
UKC Forum Member

Because someone fought in WWII, nobody today can be upset about losing their job? While I appreciate anyone's valor in service (my grandfather also served combat in WWII, I was in the Army, and my oldest currently in Air Force)... That does not mean it negates other people from going through hard times.

Old Post 03-21-2020 04:14 PM
houndsound is offline Click Here to See the Profile for houndsound Click here to Send houndsound a Private Message Click Here to Email houndsound Find more posts by houndsound Add houndsound to your buddy list Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote
Stan Ferrell
UKC Forum Member

Its called "putting it in perspective". I am also a little disappointed in Americans of late. I wouldn't have never believed that we would have acted like a third world country, even if this virus was as serious as the common flu.

Old Post 03-21-2020 05:34 PM
Stan Ferrell is offline Click Here to See the Profile for Stan Ferrell Click here to Send Stan Ferrell a Private Message Find more posts by Stan Ferrell Add Stan Ferrell to your buddy list Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote
Preacher Tom
UKC Forum Member

Once again the media has misled us with both death rate and hospitalization rate percentages that are all ready being proven far to high and will most likely be even lower than current rates. I'm not saying this is not a concerning virus but am saying the media contributed immensely to the panic and instability that we have experienced. I also believe that because our politicians are so media driven they have over reacted to the whole situation.

Old Post 03-21-2020 07:00 PM
Preacher Tom is offline Click Here to See the Profile for Preacher Tom Click here to Send Preacher Tom a Private Message Click Here to Email Preacher Tom Find more posts by Preacher Tom Add Preacher Tom to your buddy list Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote
nitehunter2004
UKC Forum Member

Think About It, The Government and the Media Has Took Control of Everything We Do, Where We Go, What We Eat, Our Education, Our Health Cair!

AND THEY NEVER FIRED A SHOT!!

GrNtCh Big Money
GrNtCh North Mt Mort
T&R’s Homemade Trouble

GrNtChGrCh Homemade Josie.
Homemade Tank.
GrNtCh Hardwood Bean (SEMEN)
GrNtCh Abbotts Bawling Rebel (SEMEN)
GrNtChGrCh Tj's Stylish Lipper (SEMEN)
GrNtCh Nite Life Pay Dirt (SEMEN)
GrNtCh PKC Ch Poison Smoke (SEMEN)

HomeMade Kennels
Newton N.C

2010 SETWA BREEDER OF THE YEAR!!
(828) 302-5480

Old Post 03-21-2020 07:04 PM
nitehunter2004 is offline Click Here to See the Profile for nitehunter2004 Click here to Send nitehunter2004 a Private Message Find more posts by nitehunter2004 Add nitehunter2004 to your buddy list Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote
Redneck Mafia
UKC Moderator

quote:
Originally posted by Stan Ferrell
Its called "putting it in perspective". I am also a little disappointed in Americans of late. I wouldn't have never believed that we would have acted like a third world country, even if this virus was as serious as the common flu.

"TEAM MAFIA"
*NATIONAL GRNITECH GRCH GRNITECH(5) HALL OF FAME PKC PLATIUM CH REDNECK BACKWOODS SHACK
2014 OK STATE CH, 2015 MO PKC LEADER, 2016 PKC NATIONALS SEMIFINALIST, 2016 UKC TOP 20, 2O17 UKC WORLD CHAMPIONSHIP 3RD PLACE, 2018 PKC SENIOR SHOWDOWN TRUCK HUNT FINAL 4, 2018 MO PKC STATE CHAMPION, 2019 AUTUMN OAKS NATIONAL GRNITE CH, 2019 PKC WORLD CH SEMIFINALIST. 2021 PKC SENIOR SHOWDOWN TRUCK HUNT FINAL 4.
*PKC WORLD CHAMPION PLATNIUM CHAMPION GRNITECH SHACK'S HEATHER ISLAND SOUTHERN STOGIE
2021 OKLAHOMA STATE CHAMPION, 2022 PKC WORLD CHAMPION, 2022 MO PKC STATE LEADER PRO SPORT TRUCK WINNER

RIP
*GRNITECH PKC SCH REDNECK MAFIA PKC HALL OF FAME REPRODUCER INDUCTED 2022
*GRNITECH CH PKC SILVER CH REDNECK SHACK ATTACK aka TAC 2018 OKLAHOMA STATE CHAMPION, 2020 MO PKC STATE LEADER

Old Post 03-21-2020 08:45 PM
Redneck Mafia is offline Click Here to See the Profile for Redneck Mafia Click here to Send Redneck Mafia a Private Message Click Here to Email Redneck Mafia Find more posts by Redneck Mafia Add Redneck Mafia to your buddy list Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote
Bruce m. Conkey
UKC Forum Member

I am sure not on the side of Government control. But I do feel we are facing something that we have never experienced in anyones lifetime. I think instead of flexing our muscle and throwing caution to the wind. It is time to be smart, plan for the care of your family and have compassion for others. A lot of people are scared, confused and just not sure of the future. I don't think any young person or anyone out there wants to be the person that shows they don't care and then bring the virus home to their family or friends. Then have half of them die. Just because we think someone wants to control us, and we are going to show them. They do want to control us, but because to many don't act rational. Watch the numbers of infected and the numbers dying. The are increasing at alarming rates. Everyone should do what they are comfortable with. No one should make another feel guilty for being over cautious and protecting their families.
Next Sunday we will see what the numbers are. I feel they will be staggering. I also feel the financial collapse of our country we are witnessing will be something to remember for many lifetimes. The only thing that can bring stability to this is a vaccine for partial prevention along with medicine to help people live through it. That is the bottom line of what our government is trying to do. Slow down the spread until those things are found.
On a coon hunting note. Next Sunday night our Club reopens the running of dogs that has been closed because of Spring Gobbler Season. I think a few Coon Hunts is the medicine I need right now to clear my mind. It has worked for me for over 50 years. It should work for me now. God Bless

Old Post 03-22-2020 01:14 PM
Bruce m. Conkey is offline Click Here to See the Profile for Bruce m. Conkey Click here to Send Bruce m. Conkey a Private Message Click Here to Email Bruce m. Conkey Visit Bruce m. Conkey's homepage! Find more posts by Bruce m. Conkey Add Bruce m. Conkey to your buddy list Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote
Bruce m. Conkey
UKC Forum Member

There is one more answer to the problem and it opens a whole new market in America. Health care workers are face to face with the virus everyday. They are protected by their Personal Protection Equipment. (PPE) Perhaps that will be the future. Each of us wearing PPE everyday. Then the fashion people can design some stylish PPE so we can look cool and stay safe at the same time. Instead of putting on your shorts and tee shirts to shop in. PPE will be the fashion statement of the future.

Old Post 03-22-2020 01:23 PM
Bruce m. Conkey is offline Click Here to See the Profile for Bruce m. Conkey Click here to Send Bruce m. Conkey a Private Message Click Here to Email Bruce m. Conkey Visit Bruce m. Conkey's homepage! Find more posts by Bruce m. Conkey Add Bruce m. Conkey to your buddy list Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote
Richard Lambert
UKC Forum Member

Are we throwing the baby out with the bathwater? Which is worse 10,000 people dieing from Corona virus or our whole economy collapsing? Forty thousand people die in auto accidents each year but no one is scared to get in their car and drive to the store. The government has never ordered half of the population to stay home and quit driving. The media doesn't report the number of deaths from auto accidents every day. No one says that people that drive their cars to work are being irresponsible. Drivers kill and or maim their families in auto accidents every day but no one says that they are irresponsible for driving. What has happened to us. We are letting the media and the government control us through fear. A lot of tyrants/governments down through the ages have used fear mongering to control their populations.

Old Post 03-22-2020 02:47 PM
Richard Lambert is offline Click Here to See the Profile for Richard Lambert Click here to Send Richard Lambert a Private Message Click Here to Email Richard Lambert Find more posts by Richard Lambert Add Richard Lambert to your buddy list Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote
sleepy head
UKC Forum Member

I figure as soon as the country gets production ramped up of all the medical supplies, beds, space needed to take on slot of the sick we will be turned loose and the sooner the better. Similar to the judge saying "cut em"

Last edited by sleepy head on 03-22-2020 at 03:21 PM

Old Post 03-22-2020 03:11 PM
sleepy head is offline Click Here to See the Profile for sleepy head Click here to Send sleepy head a Private Message Find more posts by sleepy head Add sleepy head to your buddy list Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote
Boondok Kennels
UKC Forum Member

X2 Mr Lambert and Mr Osborne. I don’t drink cool aide, never have, never will. Damage to our economy is far worse than the damage from this “new?” Virus. This might just be a practice run for “something” in the future...

*Buck Creek Fancy
*Buck Creek Rambler
*Ch Blaster's Big Roller...RIP
*Buck Creek Sugie...RIP
*GrNiteCh Buck Creek Hitler...RIP

Last edited by Boondok Kennels on 03-22-2020 at 03:26 PM

Old Post 03-22-2020 03:22 PM
Boondok Kennels is offline Click Here to See the Profile for Boondok Kennels Click here to Send Boondok Kennels a Private Message Find more posts by Boondok Kennels Add Boondok Kennels to your buddy list Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote
Richard Lambert
UKC Forum Member

Here is another little fact that the media doesn't tell you. According to the WHO, cigarettes kill 8 million people worldwide each year. Now the WHO is the same organization that is tracking the Caronavirus pandemic. I wonder why the government didn't outlaw cigarettes 10 years ago and the media doesn't report the daily total of cigarette deaths in each country?

Old Post 03-22-2020 04:29 PM
Richard Lambert is offline Click Here to See the Profile for Richard Lambert Click here to Send Richard Lambert a Private Message Click Here to Email Richard Lambert Find more posts by Richard Lambert Add Richard Lambert to your buddy list Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote
micooner
UKC Forum Member

quote:
Originally posted by Richard Lambert
Here is another little fact that the media doesn't tell you. According to the WHO, cigarettes kill 8 million people worldwide each year. Now the WHO is the same organization that is tracking the Caronavirus pandemic. I wonder why the government didn't outlaw cigarettes 10 years ago and the media doesn't report the daily total of cigarette deaths in each country?
everyday on TV anti smoking ads are ran as public service announcements. Only a small percentage uses tobacco products so it must work. Why hasn't big government banned it completely? Used to be the tobacco lobby had a lot of influence. You know government farm subsidies to tobacco allotments.

Old Post 03-22-2020 05:40 PM
micooner is offline Click Here to See the Profile for micooner Click here to Send micooner a Private Message Click Here to Email micooner Find more posts by micooner Add micooner to your buddy list Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote
Richard Lambert
UKC Forum Member

Five people in my county have Caronavirus and nobody has died but they have closed down all bars and restaurants. Eighty million people have died from cigarette smoking in the last 10 year's and the government hasn't closed a single tobacco shop.

Forty thousand people die in auto accidents each year so the government has passed laws regulating auto safety but they haven't closed a single car dealership.

350 people have died from Caronavirus in the US and the government has closed down almost have of our economy but y'all don't think that they are overreacting?

Last edited by Richard Lambert on 03-22-2020 at 06:08 PM

Old Post 03-22-2020 05:57 PM
Sgraves
UKC Forum Member

quote:
Five people in my county have Caronavirus and nobody has died but they have closed down all bars and restaurants. Eighty million people have died from cigarette smoking in the last 10 year's and the government hasn't closed a single tobacco shop.
Government can’t make money off the virus like it can the tax on cigarettes.

Old Post 03-22-2020 06:02 PM
Sgraves is offline Click Here to See the Profile for Sgraves Click here to Send Sgraves a Private Message Click Here to Email Sgraves Find more posts by Sgraves Add Sgraves to your buddy list Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote
Richard Lambert
UKC Forum Member

Somebody is making money. Where is that 3 trillion dollars going? I also saw where 4 congressmen already got caught making millions.

Old Post 03-22-2020 06:10 PM
Sgraves
UKC Forum Member

quote:
Somebody is making money. Where is that 3 trillion dollars going? I also saw where 4 congressmen already got caught making millions.
Mr Richard when all this is said an done people will be surprised on how it all happen. Yet they will still vote for the idiots to be in office.

Old Post 03-22-2020 06:18 PM
Sgraves is offline Click Here to See the Profile for Sgraves Click here to Send Sgraves a Private Message Click Here to Email Sgraves Find more posts by Sgraves Add Sgraves to your buddy list Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote
Richard Lambert
UKC Forum Member

At what point will people stop worrying less about whether the caronavirus is going to kill them and more about whether it is going to kill our economy? It will happen at some point but how bad does this mania have to get before it happens? Will we make that decision on our own or will we wait for the government/media to tell us that it is time?

Old Post 03-22-2020 07:50 PM
wildwilly0161
UKC Forum Member

Ohio going on Lock Down

Ohio just issued a statewide Lockdown as of tomorrow night at midnite. Full details are yet to come, but it looks like we will only be able to leave our homes for essentials for a while.

While the world enters panic, Those with Hunting Dogs have the abilities to Feed our Families!!!

The next time you look at your Hound I hope you see the magnificence, That I know is there!!!!

Click link to see our Upcoming library Obedience Video !! https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=_TtkiewjtvM

Home of Dual GR.CH. !! Bad Boy Brussel !!

GR.CH.GR.NITE.CH.BRUSSEL SPROUTS ROAST
(((((((One of the smartest coon hounds on the Face of the EARTH))))))) 40 verbal comands 20 hand signals !! Amazing In the Woods!!!!
Pm for DVD Video !!

Wild Willy's Way to Complete Coon Hound Control training system / Specializing in Coonhound Control and Scent Training Scent Hounds !!! With Positive Reinforcement Methods !!! Click the link to watch WildWilly'sWay to 10 minute Loading training- Quick Tip
https://youtu.be/zUa7hT7Tbgg See a Sneak Peek of our beliefs on Off Game Breaking with this link- Off game Breaking https://youtu.be/tVouPD95P9s

Old Post 03-22-2020 08:01 PM
wildwilly0161 is offline Click Here to See the Profile for wildwilly0161 Click here to Send wildwilly0161 a Private Message Click Here to Email wildwilly0161 Find more posts by wildwilly0161 Add wildwilly0161 to your buddy list Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote
micooner
UKC Forum Member

Here's how I see it. A day in an epidemic is equal to a week. It looks weeks to get serious about this which allowed it to spread. If your a country boy living out in Bfe your chances of catching it are low. Live in or near a major metro area your screwed. Sure some of the reactions are over the top right now but it could be worse. Enjoy the low gas prices. Go run your dogs. Like the song says "a country boy can survive "

Old Post 03-22-2020 08:27 PM
micooner is offline Click Here to See the Profile for micooner Click here to Send micooner a Private Message Click Here to Email micooner Find more posts by micooner Add micooner to your buddy list Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote
Trueblood85
UKC Forum Member

All the bad is easy to see, and there's surely enough of it to whine about. But there are some good things coming out of this and plenty of lessons to be learned. This is not directed towards anyone but everyone, self included.
Families are now being forced to stay home and spend time together that they have been too busy to do before.
Eyes are being opened to how quickly this spoiled life WE ALL live can be snatched away.
Should be getting more obvious that open borders with no regulation is dangerous to all.
Living paycheck to paycheck and still buying flashy things(living on credit) instead of saving for times like these is not smart.

Most on here are hunters and outdoors folks that can probably survive by physically providing for their families, but think of how scared the ones must be that depend solely on the market place for everything. 😳

Old Post 03-22-2020 08:40 PM
Trueblood85 is offline Click Here to See the Profile for Trueblood85 Click here to Send Trueblood85 a Private Message Find more posts by Trueblood85 Add Trueblood85 to your buddy list Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote
Clovis A Nailor
UKC Forum Member

Just got back from Walmart the shelves are empty.

Old Post 03-22-2020 10:40 PM
Clovis A Nailor is offline Click Here to See the Profile for Clovis A Nailor Click here to Send Clovis A Nailor a Private Message Click Here to Email Clovis A Nailor Find more posts by Clovis A Nailor Add Clovis A Nailor to your buddy list Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote
nitehunter2004
UKC Forum Member

This is perfectly described in scriptures where God told the Israelites, through Moses, to only gather enough for the day and not to save for the next day. They didn’t listen and they gathered selfishly, when they did that, their food rotted! God wanted them to learn to trust Him, to believe that if He said He would provide He will! They showed their lack of faith and trust in God and they thought they could provide better for themselves!... Lord help us during these troubled times, bring order to our society and don’t let fear and selfishness take over our hearts and minds🙏🏼In Jesus name

GrNtCh Big Money
GrNtCh North Mt Mort
T&R’s Homemade Trouble

GrNtChGrCh Homemade Josie.
Homemade Tank.
GrNtCh Hardwood Bean (SEMEN)
GrNtCh Abbotts Bawling Rebel (SEMEN)
GrNtChGrCh Tj's Stylish Lipper (SEMEN)
GrNtCh Nite Life Pay Dirt (SEMEN)
GrNtCh PKC Ch Poison Smoke (SEMEN)

HomeMade Kennels
Newton N.C

2010 SETWA BREEDER OF THE YEAR!!
(828) 302-5480

Old Post 03-23-2020 12:56 AM
nitehunter2004 is offline Click Here to See the Profile for nitehunter2004 Click here to Send nitehunter2004 a Private Message Find more posts by nitehunter2004 Add nitehunter2004 to your buddy list Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote
yadkintar
Banned

quote:
Originally posted by nitehunter2004
This is perfectly described in scriptures where God told the Israelites, through Moses, to only gather enough for the day and not to save for the next day. They didn’t listen and they gathered selfishly, when they did that, their food rotted! God wanted them to learn to trust Him, to believe that if He said He would provide He will! They showed their lack of faith and trust in God and they thought they could provide better for themselves!... Lord help us during these troubled times, bring order to our society and don’t let fear and selfishness take over our hearts and minds🙏🏼In Jesus name

Your right due to growing up poor on commodities when I go to the store I don’t focus on what is not there I focus on what god is providing that is.

Tar

Old Post 03-23-2020 02:50 AM
yadkintar is offline Click Here to See the Profile for yadkintar Click here to Send yadkintar a Private Message Click Here to Email yadkintar Find more posts by yadkintar Add yadkintar to your buddy list Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote