UKC Forums UKC Website :: Hunting Ops :: All-Breed Sports :: Registration :: UKC Online Store
Here you can view your subscribed threads, work with private messages and edit your profile and preferences Registration is free! Calendar Find other members Frequently Asked Questions Search Home  
UKC Forums : Powered by vBulletin version 2.3.0 UKC Forums > Departments > UKC Coonhounds > Rules question
  Last Thread   Next Thread
Author
Thread Post New Thread    Post A Reply
MARSHALL AYERS
UKC Forum Member

Rules question

I haven’t hunted many hunts since the rule changes made.

I had a friend goto the grand American and he was telling the story of the Saturday night cast he was in and told me 2 dogs were split from his. When they got to the tree there was a possum and a big big nest in the tree. They circled the tree and said the Coon could be in the nest.

I was talking about it tonight while at a hunt to some guys on my cast and was told that with the new rule changes that in that situation you don’t have to see the Coon. That a den or nest and a possum gets circled because now the dog gets the benifit of the doubt.

Is this correct? Can someone point me in the direction of that rule?

I always thought if you seen a possum in a tree the only way to not get minuses was to find a Coon too????

DUAL GRAND GRNITECH'GRCH'PR'NITRO'S BIGTIME GOMER
http://i1178.photobucket.com/albums/x374/bigtimekennels/th_null_zpsaf6e7c86.png

Report this post to a moderator | IP: Logged

Old Post 01-24-2021 04:58 AM
MARSHALL AYERS is offline Click Here to See the Profile for MARSHALL AYERS Click here to Send MARSHALL AYERS a Private Message Click Here to Email MARSHALL AYERS Find more posts by MARSHALL AYERS Add MARSHALL AYERS to your buddy list Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote
Night Shift
UKC Forum Member

No that’s only correct for birds or squirrels. The dog should of been received minus or been scratched depending on what it was hunting.

Gr Nt Ch Maniac's Dark Side of the Moon

Old Post 01-24-2021 05:41 AM
Night Shift is offline Click Here to See the Profile for Night Shift Click here to Send Night Shift a Private Message Click Here to Email Night Shift Find more posts by Night Shift Add Night Shift to your buddy list Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote
MARSHALL AYERS
UKC Forum Member

quote:
Originally posted by Night Shift
No that’s only correct for birds or squirrels. The dog should of been received minus or been scratched depending on what it was hunting.

That’s exactly as I thought but they were pretty set on it

Old Post 01-24-2021 10:08 AM
MARSHALL AYERS is offline Click Here to See the Profile for MARSHALL AYERS Click here to Send MARSHALL AYERS a Private Message Click Here to Email MARSHALL AYERS Find more posts by MARSHALL AYERS Add MARSHALL AYERS to your buddy list Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote
Richard Lambert
UKC Forum Member

I find it amazing how handlers can interpret or twist a rule to fit their situation. Then months later handlers in the cast will use that same interpretation and think that it is right because they saw it done before.

Old Post 01-24-2021 07:45 PM
Richard Lambert is offline Click Here to See the Profile for Richard Lambert Click here to Send Richard Lambert a Private Message Click Here to Email Richard Lambert Find more posts by Richard Lambert Add Richard Lambert to your buddy list Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote
TDS.Walkers
UKC Forum Member

quote:

Id agree that on a nest I probably would minus it, but a den would’ve thrown it the other way to being circled.

Old Post 01-27-2021 04:30 PM
TDS.Walkers is offline Click Here to See the Profile for TDS.Walkers Click here to Send TDS.Walkers a Private Message Click Here to Email TDS.Walkers Find more posts by TDS.Walkers Add TDS.Walkers to your buddy list Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote
Bill(Chew)
UKC Forum Member

No TDS.Walkers, a den does not change it; possum seen and no coon SEEN equals minus or scratch depending on category.

Old Post 01-27-2021 04:43 PM
Bill(Chew) is offline Click Here to See the Profile for Bill(Chew) Click here to Send Bill(Chew) a Private Message Click Here to Email Bill(Chew) Find more posts by Bill(Chew) Add Bill(Chew) to your buddy list Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote
MARSHALL AYERS
UKC Forum Member

quote:
Originally posted by TDS.Walkers
Id agree that on a nest I probably would minus it, but a den would’ve thrown it the other way to being circled.

Can’t have it both ways.

That would mean if a cast of dogs treed in a hole in the ground and there is a possum 3ft inside the hole and the went back another 3 feet and turned to the left you could circle it.

Old Post 01-27-2021 05:00 PM
Night Shift
UKC Forum Member

quote:
Originally posted by TDS.Walkers

And this is why I am always judge on my UKC casts. 🤦🏻‍♂️

Gr Nt Ch Maniac's Dark Side of the Moon

Old Post 02-01-2021 01:19 AM
Night Shift is offline Click Here to See the Profile for Night Shift Click here to Send Night Shift a Private Message Click Here to Email Night Shift Find more posts by Night Shift Add Night Shift to your buddy list Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote
Redneck Mafia
UKC Moderator

quote:
And this is why I am always judge on my UKC casts. 🤦🏻‍♂️

Ya think lol! 4 page discussion on wanting to scratch for face barking now this.

There is one time that a dog can be circled for treeing on a possum Or other off game (birds aren't off game and squirrel isn't if it is a den) and this is not it the dog should have been minused registered cast or scratched if a champion cast. The only new rule change regarding off game was that it must be seen now not assumed as it could be before. Just like coons must be seen to plus off game just be seen to minus or scratch.
When it would be circle points; IF a dog comes into a cast and trees AFTER the judge has arrived at the tree it's STRIKE points are circled rule 5. (b).

"TEAM MAFIA"
*NATIONAL GRNITECH GRCH GRNITECH(5) HALL OF FAME PKC PLATIUM CH REDNECK BACKWOODS SHACK
2014 OK STATE CH, 2015 MO PKC LEADER, 2016 PKC NATIONALS SEMIFINALIST, 2016 UKC TOP 20, 2O17 UKC WORLD CHAMPIONSHIP 3RD PLACE, 2018 PKC SENIOR SHOWDOWN TRUCK HUNT FINAL 4, 2018 MO PKC STATE CHAMPION, 2019 AUTUMN OAKS NATIONAL GRNITE CH, 2019 PKC WORLD CH SEMIFINALIST. 2021 PKC SENIOR SHOWDOWN TRUCK HUNT FINAL 4.
*PKC WORLD CHAMPION PLATNIUM CHAMPION GRNITECH SHACK'S HEATHER ISLAND SOUTHERN STOGIE
2021 OKLAHOMA STATE CHAMPION, 2022 PKC WORLD CHAMPION, 2022 MO PKC STATE LEADER PRO SPORT TRUCK WINNER

RIP
*GRNITECH PKC SCH REDNECK MAFIA PKC HALL OF FAME REPRODUCER INDUCTED 2022
*GRNITECH CH PKC SILVER CH REDNECK SHACK ATTACK aka TAC 2018 OKLAHOMA STATE CHAMPION, 2020 MO PKC STATE LEADER

Old Post 02-01-2021 03:44 AM
Redneck Mafia is offline Click Here to See the Profile for Redneck Mafia Click here to Send Redneck Mafia a Private Message Click Here to Email Redneck Mafia Find more posts by Redneck Mafia Add Redneck Mafia to your buddy list Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote