UKC Forums UKC Website :: Hunting Ops :: All-Breed Sports :: Registration :: UKC Online Store
Here you can view your subscribed threads, work with private messages and edit your profile and preferences Registration is free! Calendar Find other members Frequently Asked Questions Search Home  
UKC Forums : Powered by vBulletin version 2.3.0 UKC Forums > Departments > UKC Coonhounds > mixed up junk
Pages (8): « First ... « 6 7 [8]   Last Thread   Next Thread
Author
Thread Post New Thread    Post A Reply
yadkintar
Banned

Re: Re: Re: Tar

quote:
Originally posted by Sgraves
Tar , I was always told that back dew claws were used for getting a toe hold while digging possums an skunk out of ditch banks. Dog locks it into 4 wheel drive so to speak.

It comes from my dogs carrying stylish queen and Ozark preacher multiple times there was some unknown ancestory in that line that means some poochie in the walkers lol.

Tar

Report this post to a moderator | IP: Logged

Old Post 09-23-2019 01:03 AM
yadkintar is offline Click Here to See the Profile for yadkintar Click here to Send yadkintar a Private Message Click Here to Email yadkintar Find more posts by yadkintar Add yadkintar to your buddy list Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote
Sgraves
UKC Forum Member

Re: Re: Re: Re: Tar

quote:
Originally posted by yadkintar
It comes from my dogs carrying stylish queen and Ozark preacher multiple times there was some unknown ancestory in that line that means some poochie in the walkers lol.

Tar

Am messing with you. We always cut them off. If we left them they seem to get hung up an cause the dog to limp. It is crazy that something like a dew claw can be something that is passed down.

Old Post 09-23-2019 01:14 AM
Sgraves is offline Click Here to See the Profile for Sgraves Click here to Send Sgraves a Private Message Click Here to Email Sgraves Find more posts by Sgraves Add Sgraves to your buddy list Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote
Dave Richards
UKC Forum Member

Tar

You are one of those that the truth sets them free, doesn't hurt your feeling one bit, it is what it is, that's all. You don't try and hide the fact, or make any excuses like some would be doing. Lol. Dave

Old Post 09-23-2019 01:23 AM
Dave Richards is offline Click Here to See the Profile for Dave Richards Click here to Send Dave Richards a Private Message Click Here to Email Dave Richards Find more posts by Dave Richards Add Dave Richards to your buddy list Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote
yadkintar
Banned

Re: Tar

quote:
Originally posted by Dave Richards
You are one of those that the truth sets them free, doesn't hurt your feeling one bit, it is what it is, that's all. You don't try and hide the fact, or make any excuses like some would be doing. Lol. Dave

No really the preacher dogs were known for their uncanny cur dog type layup ability and accuracy.

Tar

Old Post 09-23-2019 01:25 AM
yadkintar is offline Click Here to See the Profile for yadkintar Click here to Send yadkintar a Private Message Click Here to Email yadkintar Find more posts by yadkintar Add yadkintar to your buddy list Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote
Sgraves
UKC Forum Member

I really don’t see the problem with a mix breed. They are all hounds. So what if a cur , bird dog or any other kinda mutt is added in . If a man sees that his stuff is watered down to where a out cross is a must so be it . If a ole poochie has what you need so be it. That’s what’s wrong with this country everyone tries to be to politically correct. Keeping pure bred dogs is a personal preference if you asked me. Am fine with that as long as you don’t become kennel blind. That’s what’s wrong with the dogs today. Every breed is at that point to where a new ingredient needs to be added. This years world hunt proves that if a man wants to step outside the box so be it. People want admit it but the best dogs they have owned or see have been an ole mixed breed mutt dog.

Old Post 09-23-2019 01:44 AM
Sgraves is offline Click Here to See the Profile for Sgraves Click here to Send Sgraves a Private Message Click Here to Email Sgraves Find more posts by Sgraves Add Sgraves to your buddy list Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote
Dave Richards
UKC Forum Member

Sgraves

I have no problem with admitting my best ever was a bluetick mix breed.I have also, known of other bluetick Cross BRED that were coon dogs deluxe. I was never breed blind and tried to hunt the best I could get in any breed or Cross breed. There are several men today breeding Cross BRED hounds and winning their share. The ones critizing cross breeding are blinded by their misguided concept that they are breeding superior dogs with their PR DOGS. Some are most are not, how many can actually say their breeding is producing exceptional coon DOGS out if their PR STOCK? A breeder of 35 years should have gotten his dogs to the point of breeding exceptional coon dogs, not average. Cross breeding is producing some exceptional coon dogs and it did not take 35 years to do this. Yet, they refuse to admit cross breeding is a good practice, stuck on the premise it still can be achieved staying true to a strain or breed. How many years does it take to get there breeding PR DOGS? Dave

Old Post 09-23-2019 02:05 AM
Dave Richards is offline Click Here to See the Profile for Dave Richards Click here to Send Dave Richards a Private Message Click Here to Email Dave Richards Find more posts by Dave Richards Add Dave Richards to your buddy list Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote
GES
UKC Forum Member

Dave, How do you know they were bluetick crosses? Are you sure you aren't giving credit to the wrong breed? Maybe they were English setter and blue heeler crossed with a July running hound.

Old Post 09-23-2019 02:51 AM
GES is offline Click Here to See the Profile for GES Click here to Send GES a Private Message Find more posts by GES Add GES to your buddy list Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote
cole run
UKC Forum Member

If some of you guys spent half as much time in the woods as you do on here , you all would have world champions

Old Post 09-23-2019 03:07 AM
cole run is offline Click Here to See the Profile for cole run Click here to Send cole run a Private Message Find more posts by cole run Add cole run to your buddy list Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote
Dave Richards
UKC Forum Member

Ges

You may be right, lol. I just know they were coon dogs that maded treeing coon look easy. COLE RUN you are right, I have spent way too much time on the web than in the woods. Truth is, I am a wintertime coon hunter not much of a summer hunter these days. I enjoy hunting with the leaves off, when a dog does not get excuses made for them. When others have quit due to the weather, I am just getting started. No snakes, poison vine, bugs or other pests, I love it. Dave

Old Post 09-23-2019 03:36 AM
yadkintar
Banned

quote:
Originally posted by cole run
If some of you guys spent half as much time in the woods as you do on here , you all would have world champions

If you wasent on here you wouldn’t know we were on here lol.

Besides that when they went up to $1.25 for a cup of coffee at the coffee shop I just stay at home make my own and BS on here for free lol.

Tar

Old Post 09-23-2019 01:23 PM
Heikki
UKC Forum Member

quote:
Originally posted by yadkintar
If you wasent on here you wouldn’t know we were on here lol.

Besides that when they went up to $1.25 for a cup of coffee at the coffee shop I just stay at home make my own and BS on here for free lol.

Tar

If you would cancel your cell phone plan, inner web connection, you could buy a lot of coffee.🤭

NtCh Yeager’s Poison Ivy
PKC CH The Midnight Toker
2023 Spring SS Freshman Champion

Old Post 09-23-2019 02:05 PM
Heikki is offline Click Here to See the Profile for Heikki Click here to Send Heikki a Private Message Click Here to Email Heikki Find more posts by Heikki Add Heikki to your buddy list Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote
yadkintar
Banned

quote:
Originally posted by Heikki
If you would cancel your cell phone plan, inner web connection, you could buy a lot of coffee.🤭

But nobody wants to talk about breeding coondogs at the coffee shop ! The just want to talk about the new marijuana dispensaries I think we are up to 6 now in a town that only has 2 red lights lol 😂

Tar

Old Post 09-23-2019 02:27 PM
Sgraves
UKC Forum Member

quote:
Originally posted by cole run
I know I spend to much time on here . It’s been in the high nineties for the past 3 weeks here. No rain in sight . So dry you can kick up a dust going down a black top road. Texas is being greedy with the rain.They could send some my way. I do feel sorry for the people there. Hope all is well.

Old Post 09-23-2019 02:51 PM