UKC Forums UKC Website :: Hunting Ops :: All-Breed Sports :: Registration :: UKC Online Store
Here you can view your subscribed threads, work with private messages and edit your profile and preferences Registration is free! Calendar Find other members Frequently Asked Questions Search Home  
UKC Forums : Powered by vBulletin version 2.3.0 UKC Forums > Departments > UKC Coonhounds > Breeds > Black & Tans > 2 sides of the fence....
  Last Thread   Next Thread
Author
Thread Post New Thread    Post A Reply
mnb&t
UKC Forum Member

2 sides of the fence....

been hunting young males last few hunts with sky in full blown heat and minn not showing but acting just as squirrelly. needed a real hunt tonight so took minn and sky and had nice hunt with dogs treeing once together, one run split treed 600yds plus apart, and bayup in log jam. was froze from working all day and decided to quit while ahead with crazy ass hormonal females kicking butt to this point in hunt.

took pics on one drop could drive within 150yds of and perfect dead tree with coon giving eyes from where i parked. cracked me up when got to tree how minn was back few feet like usual on other side of falling down crap fence treeing her heart out. sky is on the wood with mess of rusty barbwire below her cranking away. sky is wonderful 2 year old dog, id bet green backs hunting her against most. not as tough as minn or how trix was on solo ground catch on nasty coon but good enough. now minn even in old age gritty as they come on a catch or in hole.

the one dog who i wish had tad more grit thinks nothing of cutting feet up on rusty wire and the old dog who would eat a buzz saw then eat coon obviously saw situation and thought way easier to stand couple feet back and not deal with wire. they all have BRAINS, some just have more....LOL.

Report this post to a moderator | IP: Logged

Old Post 12-02-2016 06:09 AM
mnb&t is offline Click Here to See the Profile for mnb&t Click here to Send mnb&t a Private Message Find more posts by mnb&t Add mnb&t to your buddy list Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote
Bruce Hobbs
UKC Forum Member

Good pic!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Ole Minn can still get er done. The one with her feet on the fence rail I made my desktop pic. I will always like her, my kind of dog.

Be who you are and say what you feel Because those that matter don't mind and those that mind don't matter.

Bruce Hobbs
918 645 3740
Rickyman777@gmail.com

Old Post 12-02-2016 11:58 AM
Bruce Hobbs is offline Click Here to See the Profile for Bruce Hobbs Click here to Send Bruce Hobbs a Private Message Click Here to Email Bruce Hobbs Find more posts by Bruce Hobbs Add Bruce Hobbs to your buddy list Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote
mnb&t
UKC Forum Member

bruce, I will sell her to you in a year or two. "needs few more coon shot out" and will be finished!!!

Old Post 12-02-2016 01:02 PM
mnb&t is offline Click Here to See the Profile for mnb&t Click here to Send mnb&t a Private Message Find more posts by mnb&t Add mnb&t to your buddy list Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote
Bruce Hobbs
UKC Forum Member

Just wondering!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Wonder how much it would cost to have her stuffed. I know that in two years it would have to be that way. BUT what a nice female. You have got to use her for many years. Coming 13 in the spring.

Be who you are and say what you feel Because those that matter don't mind and those that mind don't matter.

Bruce Hobbs
918 645 3740
Rickyman777@gmail.com

Old Post 12-02-2016 01:27 PM
Bruce Hobbs is offline Click Here to See the Profile for Bruce Hobbs Click here to Send Bruce Hobbs a Private Message Click Here to Email Bruce Hobbs Find more posts by Bruce Hobbs Add Bruce Hobbs to your buddy list Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote
mnb&t
UKC Forum Member

bruce sounds like a plan. will get her stuffed and can ride around with you on your cross country adventures......

that way you got a dog to pet and companion while sitting in the ford waiting on a mechanic!!!!!!!!!!!

Old Post 12-04-2016 07:27 AM