UKC Forums UKC Website :: Hunting Ops :: All-Breed Sports :: Registration :: UKC Online Store
Here you can view your subscribed threads, work with private messages and edit your profile and preferences Registration is free! Calendar Find other members Frequently Asked Questions Search Home  
UKC Forums : Powered by vBulletin version 2.3.0 UKC Forums > Departments > UKC Coonhounds > !!!---Your Thoughts on Dogtra Pathfinder---!!!
Pages (6): [1] 2 3 » ... Last »   Last Thread   Next Thread
Author
Thread Post New Thread    Post A Reply
Triple K Kennel
UKC Forum Member

!!!---Your Thoughts on Dogtra Pathfinder---!!!

I don't want any hearsay, I want thoughts from people that have used them...!!!
I have a Garmin 320......But there is so much junk and crap on it that I don't want or need.
The Pathfinder looks simple and user friendly......
I know the Google Maps are excellent ......
I also like having everything right on my phone.....
Your thoughts or experience with it would be great.
I have noticed you don't see any used ones 4-sale......that says a lot.
Really thinking of getting one......
Tim

Quality, Dependable Coon Lights--Built by a Coonhunter for Coonhunters
==================================
** Superior Lights

** Sunspot Hunting Lights

** Zepp's--Quality Products

** Boss Lights

**Brighteyes Lights

** They Twist it until they start believing it themselves**

Purina Dog Food
** Proven Results **

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

Competition Coonhunters and Politicians
** Win anyway you have to & tell everyone what they want to hear **

Report this post to a moderator | IP: Logged

Old Post 09-09-2017 07:43 PM
Triple K Kennel is offline Click Here to See the Profile for Triple K Kennel Click here to Send Triple K Kennel a Private Message Find more posts by Triple K Kennel Add Triple K Kennel to your buddy list Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote
buchcoonhunter
UKC Forum Member

Dogtra

Tim

I've had one since February, I got it off Bruce at walker days . It performs flawlessly, has the most incredible maps, never loses signal hardly at all. I need to purchase the track only version collar for ukc events as well. I have no issues with it running my phone battery down , but if any doubts you can throw a battery pack in your pocket . I can't fin anything bad to say about it. You can download the off line maps, but they aren't necessary, all you have to do when you have service is if you know you're going to an area a without service is pull up that area on your dogtra app, zoom out all over the area you plan to hunt and it will keep the google satellite maps on there even without cell service.

Hope this helps
Mike

Old Post 09-09-2017 10:36 PM
buchcoonhunter is offline Click Here to See the Profile for buchcoonhunter Click here to Send buchcoonhunter a Private Message Click Here to Email buchcoonhunter Find more posts by buchcoonhunter Add buchcoonhunter to your buddy list Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote
Josh Michaelis
UKC Forum Member

It doesnt have collar lights. You have to exit the app to start a new hunt, and its harder to share with your buddies.

Other than that, they are way better than anything from garmin I have used. I have one of the first ones ever made. I love it

Old Post 09-10-2017 12:11 AM
Josh Michaelis is offline Click Here to See the Profile for Josh Michaelis Click here to Send Josh Michaelis a Private Message Click Here to Email Josh Michaelis Find more posts by Josh Michaelis Add Josh Michaelis to your buddy list Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote
Tx Dave
UKC Forum Member

I have only had mine a few weeks but love just about everything about it. To me it is simplier to operate and does not have a bunch of stuff on it that I have no need for it. My biggest complaint is what Josh has already said about having to exit the app to start a new hunt, but that is pretty well just nit picking it. I don't find it that hard to share( I share it with my son that hunts with me). I am to the point that I have used it enough to know I have basically no use for my Alpha now and most likely will get rid of it. If you are like me and find the Garmins have to much stuff on them that is not used I think you will really like the Dogtra. Dave

Old Post 09-10-2017 07:29 AM
Tx Dave is offline Click Here to See the Profile for Tx Dave Click here to Send Tx Dave a Private Message Click Here to Email Tx Dave Find more posts by Tx Dave Add Tx Dave to your buddy list Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote
Triple K Kennel
UKC Forum Member

Dogtra Pathfinder.......

Thanks guys for the info.......
The part with the Sharing doesn't bother me a bit.....I never have used that on a Garmin & wouldn't on the Dogtra either.
Sounds like what I want & I will probably be getting one soon.
Thanks
Tim

** Superior Lights

** Boss Lights

**Brighteyes Lights

Purina Dog Food
** Proven Results **

Old Post 09-10-2017 04:54 PM
Triple K Kennel is offline Click Here to See the Profile for Triple K Kennel Click here to Send Triple K Kennel a Private Message Find more posts by Triple K Kennel Add Triple K Kennel to your buddy list Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote
Rough Cut
UKC Forum Member

Real nice

I've only had mine a few days, and have not used in the woods yet, but the little I've used around the yard had been flawless. It was super easy to set up. I bought mine for Kentucky cooner supply. Kodey was very helpful and has a ton of videos using the pathfinder on his YouTube channel.

Old Post 09-11-2017 04:13 AM
Rough Cut is offline Click Here to See the Profile for Rough Cut Click here to Send Rough Cut a Private Message Click Here to Email Rough Cut Find more posts by Rough Cut Add Rough Cut to your buddy list Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote
Triple K Kennel
UKC Forum Member

Re: Real nice

quote:
Originally posted by Rough Cut
I've only had mine a few days, and have not used in the woods yet, but the little I've used around the yard had been flawless. It was super easy to set up. I bought mine for Kentucky cooner supply. Kodey was very helpful and has a ton of videos using the pathfinder on his YouTube channel.

I have watched all his videos.......They are very helpful.
I didn't know he has a Hunting Supply Store ?
Thanks
Tim

** Superior Lights

** Boss Lights

**Brighteyes Lights

Purina Dog Food
** Proven Results **

Old Post 09-11-2017 04:31 AM
Rough Cut
UKC Forum Member

Re: Re: Real nice

quote:
Originally posted by Triple K Kennel
I have watched all his videos.......They are very helpful.
I didn't know he has a Hunting Supply Store ?
Thanks
Tim

He's taking phone orders and running it out of his barber shop i believe. Only few weeks in.

Old Post 09-11-2017 04:56 AM
Rough Cut is offline Click Here to See the Profile for Rough Cut Click here to Send Rough Cut a Private Message Click Here to Email Rough Cut Find more posts by Rough Cut Add Rough Cut to your buddy list Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote
croatankid
UKC Forum Member

I lost my whole radio tracking system today. I forgot to close the tail gate and it's gone. So now I've got to get something else. Where can I read about the Dogtra Pathfinder?.

Old Post 09-11-2017 05:23 AM
croatankid is offline Click Here to See the Profile for croatankid Click here to Send croatankid a Private Message Click Here to Email croatankid Find more posts by croatankid Add croatankid to your buddy list Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote
Triple K Kennel
UKC Forum Member

Dogtra.....

quote:
Originally posted by croatankid
I lost my whole radio tracking system today. I forgot to close the tail gate and it's gone. So now I've got to get something else. Where can I read about the Dogtra Pathfinder?.

Look under Vendor page......Bruce Conkey has several videos and info about the Pathfinder ......

** Superior Lights

** Boss Lights

**Brighteyes Lights

Purina Dog Food
** Proven Results **

Old Post 09-11-2017 05:27 AM
croatankid
UKC Forum Member

Thanks

Old Post 09-11-2017 05:39 AM
croatankid is offline Click Here to See the Profile for croatankid Click here to Send croatankid a Private Message Click Here to Email croatankid Find more posts by croatankid Add croatankid to your buddy list Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote
Triple K Kennel
UKC Forum Member

Re: !!!---Your Thoughts on Dogtra Pathfinder---!!!

quote:
Originally posted by Triple K Kennel
I don't want any hearsay, I want thoughts from people that have used them...!!!
I have a Garmin 320......But there is so much junk and crap on it that I don't want or need.
The Pathfinder looks simple and user friendly......
I know the Google Maps are excellent ......
I also like having everything right on my phone.....
Your thoughts or experience with it would be great.
I have noticed you don't see any used ones 4-sale......that says a lot.
Really thinking of getting one......
Tim

** Superior Lights

** Boss Lights

**Brighteyes Lights

Purina Dog Food
** Proven Results **

Old Post 11-10-2017 12:56 PM
Bruce m. Conkey
UKC Forum Member

Tim I think you would enjoy it. The ease of operation is what makes it great. Seriously nothing will ever compete with the Garmin and the ALPHA 100 is outstanding. With that said the Dogtra is outstanding in its own way. Especially you don't mind using your phone as part of the system. They have improved the maps and you can get some quality off line maps now but I have not had the time lately to check them out. I think you would be happy with it. I know where you can get a good deal on one. LOL

Old Post 11-10-2017 05:12 PM
Bruce m. Conkey is offline Click Here to See the Profile for Bruce m. Conkey Click here to Send Bruce m. Conkey a Private Message Click Here to Email Bruce m. Conkey Visit Bruce m. Conkey's homepage! Find more posts by Bruce m. Conkey Add Bruce m. Conkey to your buddy list Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote
Triple K Kennel
UKC Forum Member

Re: .

quote:
Originally posted by Bruce m. Conkey
Tim I think you would enjoy it. The ease of operation is what makes it great. Seriously nothing will ever compete with the Garmin and the ALPHA 100 is outstanding. With that said the Dogtra is outstanding in its own way. Especially you don't mind using your phone as part of the system. They have improved the maps and you can get some quality off line maps now but I have not had the time lately to check them out. I think you would be happy with it. I know where you can get a good deal on one. LOL

Thanks for the info Bruce, I am really considering getting one. My Garmin 320 that I got from you 3 years ago at Oaks has served me well and still looks/performs like New......but I like the idea of having everything right on my phone.....
Send me a PM with what kind of "Good Deal" we are talking about, I can usually be talked into something.....LOL....😬
Tim

** Superior Lights

** Boss Lights

**Brighteyes Lights

Purina Dog Food
** Proven Results **

Old Post 11-11-2017 02:30 PM
Lipperman22
UKC Forum Member

Does the pathfinder work if I have no cell phone service?

Old Post 11-11-2017 09:29 PM
Lipperman22 is offline Click Here to See the Profile for Lipperman22 Click here to Send Lipperman22 a Private Message Click Here to Email Lipperman22 Find more posts by Lipperman22 Add Lipperman22 to your buddy list Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote
joey
UKC Forum Member

I would like to see one but the thought of using my phone is not attractive to me at all. I guess for you guys that hunt up north were there is civilization m9st places you are and not near as much water.

http://www.sunspotlights.com/
When brightness matters!!

Home Of:
PKC Ch, Grch Grnch 2008 Tx state champion They call me Crazy Betty

PKC SCh CH Grnch They call me Howler too

Old Post 11-11-2017 11:28 PM
joey is offline Click Here to See the Profile for joey Click here to Send joey a Private Message Find more posts by joey Add joey to your buddy list Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote
Huntnharris
UKC Forum Member

quote:
Originally posted by Lipperman22
Does the pathfinder work if I have no cell phone service?

Yes, but you will lose online mapping

www.harrishoundsupply.net

Old Post 11-11-2017 11:53 PM
Huntnharris is offline Click Here to See the Profile for Huntnharris Click here to Send Huntnharris a Private Message Click Here to Email Huntnharris Visit Huntnharris's homepage! Find more posts by Huntnharris Add Huntnharris to your buddy list Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote
Bruce m. Conkey
UKC Forum Member

Mr. Harris, I understand they now have made improvements to the off line maps that allows you to have quality mapping. There is one video that Cody in Ky has out that explains it briefly but I haven't verified it myself. I have heard this from several people.

Old Post 11-12-2017 01:38 PM
Bruce m. Conkey is offline Click Here to See the Profile for Bruce m. Conkey Click here to Send Bruce m. Conkey a Private Message Click Here to Email Bruce m. Conkey Visit Bruce m. Conkey's homepage! Find more posts by Bruce m. Conkey Add Bruce m. Conkey to your buddy list Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote
Huntnharris
UKC Forum Member

Bruce, I haven't seen anything to verify that myself but will look into it.

Old Post 11-13-2017 03:49 PM
Huntnharris is offline Click Here to See the Profile for Huntnharris Click here to Send Huntnharris a Private Message Click Here to Email Huntnharris Visit Huntnharris's homepage! Find more posts by Huntnharris Add Huntnharris to your buddy list Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote
Chris Snyder
UKC Forum Member

Cell Phone

Do you guys that have it just use your everyday phone or do you get a cheap phone just for this purpose? Also, does it have to be a smart phone?

Old Post 11-13-2017 05:29 PM
Chris Snyder is offline Click Here to See the Profile for Chris Snyder Click here to Send Chris Snyder a Private Message Find more posts by Chris Snyder Add Chris Snyder to your buddy list Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote
Donnie Stevens
UKC Forum Member

Does it use data when using the online maps ?

Old Post 11-13-2017 05:33 PM
Donnie Stevens is offline Click Here to See the Profile for Donnie Stevens Click here to Send Donnie Stevens a Private Message Find more posts by Donnie Stevens Add Donnie Stevens to your buddy list Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote
Huntnharris
UKC Forum Member

Yes, it has to be a smart phone

No, the app doesn't use data

Old Post 11-13-2017 05:52 PM
Bruce m. Conkey
UKC Forum Member

Chris I purchased a phone off Amazon for about $60 and it works fine. I also have the app on my I phone also.

Old Post 11-13-2017 06:09 PM
Tx Dave
UKC Forum Member

Phone

I use my everyday phone. I have one of the water proof, shock proof ones. I believe it is a Kyocera from Verizon. I don't mind using my everyday phone as I never lost or dropped my Alpha in the water so I'm not really worried about losing it.

Old Post 11-14-2017 12:50 AM
Tx Dave is offline Click Here to See the Profile for Tx Dave Click here to Send Tx Dave a Private Message Click Here to Email Tx Dave Find more posts by Tx Dave Add Tx Dave to your buddy list Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote
Josh Michaelis
UKC Forum Member

quote:
Originally posted by Donnie Stevens
Does it use data when using the online maps ?

it does when downloading the new maps as you go. But it is very minimal

Old Post 11-14-2017 02:48 AM
Josh Michaelis is offline Click Here to See the Profile for Josh Michaelis Click here to Send Josh Michaelis a Private Message Click Here to Email Josh Michaelis Find more posts by Josh Michaelis Add Josh Michaelis to your buddy list Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote