UKC Forums UKC Website :: Hunting Ops :: All-Breed Sports :: Registration :: UKC Online Store
Here you can view your subscribed threads, work with private messages and edit your profile and preferences Registration is free! Calendar Find other members Frequently Asked Questions Search Home  
UKC Forums : Powered by vBulletin version 2.3.0 UKC Forums > Departments > UKC Coonhounds > Diamond dog food
  Last Thread   Next Thread
Author
Thread Post New Thread    Post A Reply
AKE
UKC Forum Member

Diamond dog food

Does anybody feed diamond hi energy anymore? Store here is selling it for $25 for a 50lbs bag but I knew back 5-10 years diamond had a lot of problems with their food. I've personally never feed it just curious

Report this post to a moderator | IP: Logged

Old Post 09-16-2020 09:52 PM
AKE is offline Click Here to See the Profile for AKE Click here to Send AKE a Private Message Find more posts by AKE Add AKE to your buddy list Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote
amoskaspar
UKC Forum Member

my dogs seem to do real good on it

Old Post 09-17-2020 12:03 AM
amoskaspar is offline Click Here to See the Profile for amoskaspar Click here to Send amoskaspar a Private Message Find more posts by amoskaspar Add amoskaspar to your buddy list Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote
Andy212
UKC Forum Member

Diamond food

I have fed many types of foods to my hounds. I’ve never had a problem out of hi energy diamond. I usually feed it to my younger hounds during the spring and summer months before switching to a higher fat food for late fall and winter months. Every dog is different but I would give it a try.

Old Post 09-17-2020 03:40 AM
Andy212 is offline Click Here to See the Profile for Andy212 Click here to Send Andy212 a Private Message Click Here to Email Andy212 Find more posts by Andy212 Add Andy212 to your buddy list Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote
Corey Gruver
UKC Forum Member

I fed Diamond for 10+ years. I used to sell it at work too. Its a great feed for the price, but unfortunately their prices keep going up without adding much more to the mix.

Most of the problems that Diamond has had with their feed over the years have been isolated to one or two manufacturing facilities. So I wouldn't worry too much about it.

I noticed over the years that a few females I had bought and brought home (who supposedly would not cycle) would all of a sudden begin to cycle after a few months on the stuff. That's what you get with good quality grub I suppose.

Old Post 09-17-2020 01:31 PM
Corey Gruver is offline Click Here to See the Profile for Corey Gruver Click here to Send Corey Gruver a Private Message Find more posts by Corey Gruver Add Corey Gruver to your buddy list Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote