UKC Forums UKC Website :: Hunting Ops :: All-Breed Sports :: Registration :: UKC Online Store
Here you can view your subscribed threads, work with private messages and edit your profile and preferences Registration is free! Calendar Find other members Frequently Asked Questions Search Home  
UKC Forums : Powered by vBulletin version 2.3.0 UKC Forums > UKC Free Classifieds > Coonhound Classifieds > Treeing Walkers: Stud Dog and Kennel Promotion > Just asking
Pages (2): [1] 2 »   Last Thread   Next Thread
Author
Thread Post New Thread    Post A Reply
James B Grice
UKC Forum Member

Just asking

I plan to breed Darlin and she is due in anytime. She is a grand daughter of Flatrock Thrasher,Great Grand of Stylish Coma on the bottom and a direct daughter from Randall Colemans Real Tree Pete( Sackett,jr-Nite Heat-G.C Mundo/Lipper) on top,She is balanced and she can move a bad track in deep water but she can look outstanding on a lay up coon just 30 seconds from the truck.She is not junky and has a head full of sense,about 60,70 accurate year round but she is the type of hound you must hunt regular to keep her accurate and she has as good a locate as you could ask for on a female.....She will back another dog but will be alone on 50% coons seen on a cast...I DIDNOT CLAIM SHE WAS PERFECT.....I am doing this so I can have an opportunity down the road to go back and linebreed back to her and Ragin Bo,............. with a great emphasis on getting dogs that operated like Ole Ragin Bo,Big Mouth,Big Gear,Alone,Accurate and quiet on the ground.............Also I want to keep the traits of a hound with a big bawl mouth and one that hunts like a bird dog and keeps his feet movin and his mouth shut most of the time...Darlins littermates were all big mouth coon treeeeers with drive and hustle and lay up ability second to none.With that said,If I choose to make a cross and ....GIVE THEM AWAY TO HARD HUNTERS....They would be enrolled in the CHKC and PKC pup programs......WHO WOULD BE INTERESTED AND WHICH 2 OF THE FOLLOWING STUDS WOULD YOU CONSIDER THAT WILL PUT THE HUSTLE AND LAYUP ABILITY WHILE KEEPING A BAWL MOUTH and SEMI SILENT on the ground type of dog..................FLATROCK THRASHER,BONE COLLECTOR,TREE SLAMMIN FRANKIE, TRACKMAN.......Thanks.... just a question,not askin for a response as to which stud is better than the others,.Which do you think would produce pups like I,m lookin for similar to Ragin Bo. I have considered a son from Ragin Bo, but none are proven as of yet, but I would like 2 put her on 2 sires at the same time....Thanks for any response...JBG 843-841-5008

Report this post to a moderator | IP: Logged

Old Post 02-05-2015 06:33 PM
James B Grice is offline Click Here to See the Profile for James B Grice Click here to Send James B Grice a Private Message Click Here to Email James B Grice Find more posts by James B Grice Add James B Grice to your buddy list Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote
Ringo08
UKC Forum Member

Get ready for about 30 posts of people posting a stud ad of their dog. But, I would say Bone Collector. I've hunted with a few, and they all had real good mouths. 1 of them opened quite a bit on the ground (wipeout on bottom side), another was almost dead silent, and the other was real tight, just opened here and there then treed.

Nitech Ch 'PR' Cornell's Hardwood Hurricane HTX

GrSqch 2017 Arklahoma Winter Classic Champion
The Outlaw Dottie

Last edited by Ringo08 on 02-05-2015 at 08:59 PM

Old Post 02-05-2015 08:57 PM
Ringo08 is offline Click Here to See the Profile for Ringo08 Click here to Send Ringo08 a Private Message Find more posts by Ringo08 Add Ringo08 to your buddy list Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote
Roy Grant
UKC Forum Member

Bone or Insane Cain. I own one of each. Both were treeing their own coon at 9 months old. Or Frosted Train I have one off him also.

Old Post 02-05-2015 10:41 PM
Roy Grant is offline Click Here to See the Profile for Roy Grant Click here to Send Roy Grant a Private Message Click Here to Email Roy Grant Find more posts by Roy Grant Add Roy Grant to your buddy list Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote
J Strickland
UKC Forum Member

Mr Grice
this is Justin from Maxton. I know the kind of hard hu ter you are and I know thw kind of hard to please hounds you look for I think you should really take a look at Warrior he is right there at Lumberton call Robbie Brown 252 904 1691 he can set up a hunt with you. warrior is throwing the right kind that is pleasing the hard to please hunters as your self. thanks

Old Post 02-06-2015 05:14 AM
J Strickland is offline Click Here to See the Profile for J Strickland Click here to Send J Strickland a Private Message Find more posts by J Strickland Add J Strickland to your buddy list Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote
Outback1
UKC Forum Member

look at Drop Dead Fred, he's exactly what you are looking for, I have a female off Fred that is exactly as you described.

Last edited by Outback1 on 02-06-2015 at 05:08 PM

Old Post 02-06-2015 02:30 PM
Outback1 is offline Click Here to See the Profile for Outback1 Click here to Send Outback1 a Private Message Find more posts by Outback1 Add Outback1 to your buddy list Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote
Lone Pine JB
UKC Forum Member

quote:
Originally posted by Ringo08
Get ready for about 30 posts of people posting a stud ad of their dog.

happens every time. Usually same couple guys posting their 'stud'

I really like the bone dogs but a lot of the ones I've seen are good strike dogs. Have seen a couple tight ones though. Frankie is really a hustler, hoping he puts that in his pups. Ours off Frankie are real nice pups but haven't started them yet, so don't know personally.

So I'd look at Frankie and Bone. Both are owned by top notch guys that actually know what a coondog is. Call Ronnie and Doug, they'll tell you straight up if they're throwing what you're looking for.

Lone Pine North

Last edited by Lone Pine JB on 02-06-2015 at 03:25 PM

Old Post 02-06-2015 03:01 PM
Lone Pine JB is offline Click Here to See the Profile for Lone Pine JB Click here to Send Lone Pine JB a Private Message Click Here to Email Lone Pine JB Visit Lone Pine JB's homepage! Find more posts by Lone Pine JB Add Lone Pine JB to your buddy list Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote
James B Grice
UKC Forum Member

Thanks guys for the response..There are some good studs around and I have done this long enuff to know that mating 2 dogs is ...more luck than anything else......I ,m more interested in line breeding back to Sackett,jr and Flatrock Coma.Not really wanting to add much outcross.The Lipper...( HOUSE)... dogs would be my choice for as keeping a mouth and balanced dog.Wipe Out offers ..GO YONDER... as well as mouth if a pedigree is stacked in the right order.but I ,m more so about wantin to know where a coon is now more so than listening to a dog work and grub a bad track.Darlin was bred once and had only 1 pup from a House bred dog whose bloodline I have kept since 1987,His name is Stud and he is the first trailing type of dog I have ever kept, Half of the coons he trees are ONE BARK LAY UP COONS...then the other half he ...will walk them down and that's the part I don't like to wait and listen to. .Different strokes for different folks, If I have a choice I would strive to hunt and breed dogs that operated more so like a wild bird dog...ON THE RUN INDEPENDENT AND QUIET, Have a coon treed just seconds from the truck and the next coon treed 3/4 mile away on the first bark under 3 or 4 minutes and not out of the country to do it...REAL TREE PETE..and ....RAGIN BO, has taken me to another level,Jerry Leviner anytime when you get ready we,ll cutem loose

Old Post 02-06-2015 07:54 PM
James B Grice is offline Click Here to See the Profile for James B Grice Click here to Send James B Grice a Private Message Click Here to Email James B Grice Find more posts by James B Grice Add James B Grice to your buddy list Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote
whats up
UKC Forum Member

If you're looking for a bird dog to breed to check out the pointing dog classified ads on here.may have to use a bell on the pups

Old Post 02-06-2015 11:18 PM
whats up is offline Click Here to See the Profile for whats up Click here to Send whats up a Private Message Click Here to Email whats up Find more posts by whats up Add whats up to your buddy list Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote
Bolden1
UKC Forum Member

I think

He's preferring to a dog that's starts out hunting just as soon as he turns one loose than will as deep as needed to get hooked. But you have some nice choices listed. My two favorite studs right now are high x PECTATIONS and bone collector. There pups show u coons when u make trees. But there several nice stud dogs out there

2005 ukc Wldntch Grntch Bolden & Turpins
Insane jane. Handler/past owner
2005 over all setwd over all winner nt.ch
Bentley high dollar Lucy
2006 akc national pup champion Drop Dead
Fred ( Handler/ past owner)
2008 Ukc Ky State Champion Grntch High X
Pectations ( Handler / past owner)
2009 akc Ky State Champion Grntch
Hardwood X Press ( handler/ trainer)

Gr.Nt.Ch Big D & Joplins Super Sally

Old Post 02-07-2015 12:40 AM
Bolden1 is offline Click Here to See the Profile for Bolden1 Click here to Send Bolden1 a Private Message Find more posts by Bolden1 Add Bolden1 to your buddy list Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote
James B Grice
UKC Forum Member

I have talked with NEVERGONE and BLOCKSPORTHOUND this week and have gotten some real good advise.Darlin will turn 8 in May and should an offer come available I may pick 2 studs that will live breed her.I will not let her pass if and when she comes in because she is worthy to be bred and I,m not gonna regret not trying to keep her offspring around.This is for my future use and my interest only.I have never made a dime from a coondog and I don't expect to get rich from a litter of pups. There are some good studs out there that I no nothing about.but If I had a free breeding on any stud for my choosing I would put her on Thrasher because I feel I would be workin with the same blood she came from. Due to her age and the fact she only had just one pup from that mating I may be further ahead to live breed her a time or 2...I have been offered a breeding on a son of Trackman and also a son of Bone collector....as well as a few others I have competeted against the past few months I,m willing to do my part and I would like for a stud to be enrolled in most of the...Sires Programs..If you own a stud that you feel will pass those traits similar to.. ...RAGIN BO...and you think his littermate sister Darlin could help your breeding program...I may be interested in talking about making a cross that may benefit both party,s in the future....P.M. or Call J.B. Grice 843-841-5008

Old Post 02-07-2015 07:57 AM
Carl Fox
UKC Forum Member

James i think you knew before you got on here what dog you were going to breed to i don't believe this is your first rodeo.

James i am not a breeder or stud dog owner but if i were going to breed to a stud dog you must ask your self as i think you have done are you breeding to keep for yourself or breeding to the flavor of the month to sell.

Big dogs big mouths Cain,Bone,Lipper bred dogs and many others

Smaller dogs with big mouths Lock Box,Clover bred studs, wipe out bred. to just name a few.

Best of luck which ever way you go.

TAKE YOUR KIDS HUNTING INSTEAD
OF HUNTING FOR YOUR KIDS!!!

Old Post 02-09-2015 05:25 PM
Carl Fox is offline Click Here to See the Profile for Carl Fox Click here to Send Carl Fox a Private Message Find more posts by Carl Fox Add Carl Fox to your buddy list Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote
James B Grice
UKC Forum Member

Please don't take this wrong, but I welcome you to please tell me what you think I have already decided to breed to..........I posted this to gain information and possibly get references on stud dogs that operate the way I like for a hound to do.This is a long way from ..MY FIRST RODEO..I have never bred for ..FLAVOR OF THE MONTH ..and never plan to...I HAVE PUT IN THE BOOT TIME AND ALSO KNOW YOU CAN SPEND THOUSANDS OF DOLLARS AND TOTALLY RUIN MANY YEARS OF A GOOD BREEDING PROGRAM ...The best dogs I have owned are Bo and Darlin and there sire and dam were given away, a long way from flavor of the month....I am huntin the same line of dogs I started with back in 1987,They have worked for me,not perfect, but I have put a better mouth and lay up ability on the dogs I have bred but I have also lost the HEADS UP TRACK DOG that I had in 1987.I .am doing this for me and my friends that like to follow dogs that are ..INTELLIGENT,ACCURATE,LOUD,INDEPENDENT AND ...NOT AGGRIVATING TO HUNT...AND NOT TAKE ALL NIGHT TO GET THEIR BUSINESS DONE....I hunt alone 90% and the best dog I have ever followed was 70% accurate but that percentage I will follow anytime and until just recently I have been away from the night hunts and I really have not seen alot that impressed me...The crossbred dog ...KIMBO.... is the only advertised studdog that I have personally seen with my own eyes that I would breed to.......,however I would rather keep my walker line as is..To think I knew what I was going to breed to before I got on here could not be further from the truth,Bone Collector,Frankie,Thrasher,sunrise sire I had on my mind....Bottom line is it takes ..TIME and Money and a lot of hard work fooloing with a litter of pups and to drive across country and I don't have either..I have never bought a coondog nor have I sold one but I have buried about 3 in the last 45 years and the 4th one is in heat right now and she is the only female I have owned that I will have to bury one day,.One thing I have learned is everyone ,s definition of a coondog is not the same.Thats the primary reason I ask for opinions .I do sir thank you for your input...With all said if Flatrock Thrasher was a CHKC SIRE I would not look any further as I don't intend to compete for trophys unless it comes with a NEW TRUCK...I have put in the boot time and I am trying to breed for the ...NEXT LEVEL....

Old Post 02-09-2015 06:44 PM
Carl Fox
UKC Forum Member

I THINK YOU WILL STAY WITH THE SAME BLOODLINE YOU ARE HUNTING.

WHY CHANGE AFTER 30 YEARS GOOD MOUTH GOOD SPEED AND ACCURACY ISN'T THAT WHAT WE ALL ARE LOOKING FOR?

I DON'T BELIEVE THERE IS A STUD DOG OUT THERE THAT CAN ADD ANY MORE TO WHAT YOU ALREADY HAVE.

I BELIEVE IT IS 60% IN THE FEMALES ANY WAY BUT IAM NOT A BREEDER AND THOSE STUD DOG OWNERS DON'T WANT TO HERE THAT.JMO.

Old Post 02-09-2015 07:15 PM
Carl Fox is offline Click Here to See the Profile for Carl Fox Click here to Send Carl Fox a Private Message Find more posts by Carl Fox Add Carl Fox to your buddy list Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote
James B Grice
UKC Forum Member

We agree on on the first 2 statements,The statement about the stud dog adding to what I aready have is what my topic is all about, IF I CHOOSE THE WRONG STUD IT MAY ADD EVERYTHING DIFFERENT THAN WHAT I LIKE TO FOLLOW.....I don't know which parent contributes more but I am a die hard male dog man to the core.I also don't know much about genetics but my Dad always said ...Linebreed a good female from an outstanding male to a sire that has the same huntin style as her sire and alot of guess work is done for you.........EASIER SAID THAN DONE...

Old Post 02-09-2015 09:34 PM
Doug Bowers
UKC Forum Member

James, I don't get on here and put my dog trying to get someone to breed to him, really dont care. But he is here if you would be interested.
If you looking for speed
Accuracy
Get gone but don't pass up no coons.
And ill and many others will tell you he is All coon dog.and I would go far as to say one of if not the most accurate dogs ever hit S.C.
DUAL GRAND PKC SH TOUCAN SAM..
THATS THE TRUTH NOTHING BUT THE TRUTH.
Good luck .

PKC SCH UKC DUAL GRAND TOUCAN SAM SEMEN

Also home to;ACHA LWSCH 'PR' Kentucky River Mundar ~ Sire is Kentucky River Rowdy (frozen Semen) BMOB 2013 Winter Classic
House's Lipper Hope x Kentucky River Rowdy
Broken Road's LITTLE TEXAS
LIPPERS STYLISH ROOSTER AT STUD
LIPPERS LITTLE TEXAS AT STUD.

"The WILL of God will never take you where the GRACE of God can not protect you

Old Post 02-09-2015 10:12 PM
Doug Bowers is offline Click Here to See the Profile for Doug Bowers Click here to Send Doug Bowers a Private Message Click Here to Email Doug Bowers Find more posts by Doug Bowers Add Doug Bowers to your buddy list Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote
James B Grice
UKC Forum Member

No doubt Sam is a coondog and he is from coondogs.I don't want to mess with pups but I guess I will this time,May be her last time ,who knows.Not that it is more important as the dog I choose to breed to but The sire must be in the new CHKC program,..THAT IS A MUST.... FOR ME TO CONSIDER A SIRE. I know that will cut out alot of real good dogs and a couple I may would consider are within an hour of me but they are not enrolled in this new program.I support all 3 registries but...... THE NEXT LEVEL.....is what I am striving for...Thanks for the post guys

Old Post 02-10-2015 04:25 AM
Carl Fox
UKC Forum Member

Dummy me but what does CHKC Stand for?

COON HUNTERS KENTUCKY CLUB. lol.

Old Post 02-10-2015 01:39 PM
Doug Bowers
UKC Forum Member

Carl Fox, when you moving to Newberry.

Also home to;ACHA LWSCH 'PR' Kentucky River Mundar ~ Sire is Kentucky River Rowdy (frozen Semen) BMOB 2013 Winter Classic

Old Post 02-10-2015 03:06 PM
Doug Bowers is offline Click Here to See the Profile for Doug Bowers Click here to Send Doug Bowers a Private Message Click Here to Email Doug Bowers Find more posts by Doug Bowers Add Doug Bowers to your buddy list Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote
Carl Fox
UKC Forum Member

THAT DON'T MEAN JACK TO ME EITHER GUESS ITS WHAT FLOATS YOUR BOAT.LOL.

Old Post 02-10-2015 03:15 PM
James B Grice
UKC Forum Member

Just for fun...... Mr. Fox,What 3 or 5 top stud dogs do you think I will or should consider...OR....do you think I may breed to a unheard of dog......Answer that for me if you would...just for fun...................Doug you guys have a nice dog in Sam,I sure would collect him before its to late.

Old Post 02-10-2015 04:33 PM
Carl Fox
UKC Forum Member

MR.Grice if i were in your situation and could afford to make the trips and had the stud fee money these dogs i would breed to in this order.JMO.
you aked me i don't want to make any stud owners mad but these would be my top choice stud dogs today.

Insane Cain

Bone collector

Trackman

Lock box

Clover Cubed

Old Post 02-10-2015 05:00 PM
Doug Bowers
UKC Forum Member

I have 12 breedings on him.been done that. Stored at 80%. That's in mo.
And stored at Dean's in IN..
I have semen off others allso for the future.

Old Post 02-10-2015 05:07 PM
Carl Fox
UKC Forum Member

Doug i looked up Newberry SouthCarolina and that sounds like areal nice place to live.

My wife alway has wanted to move to SC i don't know why so never know what the future may bring.
Maybe neighbor.lol.

Old Post 02-10-2015 05:11 PM
James B Grice
UKC Forum Member

Sure is alot to consider ,I would like to see her bred to a nice dog, but I am a coonhunter and I don't care if I ever raise another litter of pups...Too much uncertainity,hardwork with little return.It would be different if I had a stud I was promoting but I sure would like to be able to look back 5/10 years down the road and use Darlin,s offspring sometime......Darlin is not perfect but she sure is a pleasure to hunt.....Thanks for the post guys

Old Post 02-11-2015 05:53 PM
Sauk Talking
UKC Forum Member

Frankie

Old Post 02-12-2015 10:44 AM
Sauk Talking is offline Click Here to See the Profile for Sauk Talking Click here to Send Sauk Talking a Private Message Find more posts by Sauk Talking Add Sauk Talking to your buddy list Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote