UKC Forums UKC Website :: Hunting Ops :: All-Breed Sports :: Registration :: UKC Online Store
Here you can view your subscribed threads, work with private messages and edit your profile and preferences Registration is free! Calendar Find other members Frequently Asked Questions Search Home  
UKC Forums : Powered by vBulletin version 2.3.0 UKC Forums > Departments > UKC Coonhounds > feeder buckets
  Last Thread   Next Thread
Author
Thread Post New Thread    Post A Reply
crosbycooner
UKC Forum Member

feeder buckets

How do u build them

Report this post to a moderator | IP: Logged

Old Post 11-01-2006 04:12 AM
crosbycooner is offline Click Here to See the Profile for crosbycooner Click here to Send crosbycooner a Private Message Click Here to Email crosbycooner Find more posts by crosbycooner Add crosbycooner to your buddy list Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote
huntingwalkers9
UKC Forum Member

re

ask John Vaught, he invinted them..

get 5 gallon bucket, put a hole in it, on the side near the bottom, put some pipe in it...dog food with grape coolaide mix works good..hang in tree about 2 feet off the ground

i am bi-polar..forgive me =]

JACKSON'S HARDCORE HERSHEY KISSES (LAB)

Old Post 11-01-2006 04:18 AM
huntingwalkers9 is offline Click Here to See the Profile for huntingwalkers9 Click here to Send huntingwalkers9 a Private Message Click Here to Email huntingwalkers9 Find more posts by huntingwalkers9 Add huntingwalkers9 to your buddy list Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote
wvhounds
UKC Forum Member

Re: feeder buckets

quote:
Originally posted by crosbycooner
How do u build them

http://www.quailhillkennel.com/feeder.htm

WILDFIRE
If your dog is fat,you aren't getting enuff exercise!

Old Post 11-01-2006 04:56 AM
wvhounds is offline Click Here to See the Profile for wvhounds Click here to Send wvhounds a Private Message Visit wvhounds's homepage! Find more posts by wvhounds Add wvhounds to your buddy list Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote
huntingwalkers9
UKC Forum Member

re

thats better then what i said

i am bi-polar..forgive me =]

JACKSON'S HARDCORE HERSHEY KISSES (LAB)

Old Post 11-01-2006 04:58 AM
huntingwalkers9 is offline Click Here to See the Profile for huntingwalkers9 Click here to Send huntingwalkers9 a Private Message Click Here to Email huntingwalkers9 Find more posts by huntingwalkers9 Add huntingwalkers9 to your buddy list Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote
Bear
UKC Forum Member

Re: feeder buckets

quote:
Originally posted by crosbycooner
How do u build them

www.kettlelickridgekennel.8m.com

Old Post 11-01-2006 01:49 PM
Bear is offline Click Here to See the Profile for Bear Click here to Send Bear a Private Message Click Here to Email Bear Find more posts by Bear Add Bear to your buddy list Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote
chadf
UKC Forum Member

DONT GET MUCH EASIER OR CHEAPER THAN THIS.

Old Post 11-01-2006 03:25 PM
chadf is offline Click Here to See the Profile for chadf Click here to Send chadf a Private Message Click Here to Email chadf Find more posts by chadf Add chadf to your buddy list Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote
Kyle Shoulders
UKC Forum Member

Feeder

get an old tire, 2 screw in steps for a tree stand ( to brace the tire on the tree) and corn. deer and turkey are really attracted by feeders so hang it high enough that they can not reach it. find a fork in a tree about 8 to 10 feet high. fix the tire firmly on the fork where the coon can walk around and into the tire. fill the tire up with corn and water so that the corn will sour. this has seemed to work the best for me. easily maintained and very productive in bringing in coons. i used to have the bucket feeders and deer destroyed them and didnt seem to be as affective as the tire.

Kyle J. Shoulders

Old Post 11-01-2006 09:34 PM
Kyle Shoulders is offline Click Here to See the Profile for Kyle Shoulders Click here to Send Kyle Shoulders a Private Message Click Here to Email Kyle Shoulders Find more posts by Kyle Shoulders Add Kyle Shoulders to your buddy list Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote
Jay Westbrook
UKC Forum Member

Tire works great. I hang mine from a branch with a piece of wire with the bottom about chest high. I sour the corn before I put it in the tire. If you put the corn in before you sour it, the corn soaks up all the water and the stuff on top doesn't get soured. The best part is when the coon leaves, the side of the tire will be wet. You can look at the tire and know if you have a hot track or not. This is good when training pups. A 10.50x31 will hold 2 gallons of soured corn.

Old Post 11-01-2006 11:35 PM
Jay Westbrook is offline Click Here to See the Profile for Jay Westbrook Click here to Send Jay Westbrook a Private Message Click Here to Email Jay Westbrook Find more posts by Jay Westbrook Add Jay Westbrook to your buddy list Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote
BlackSIT
UKC Forum Member

How I do it

Get you a tire with the rim still on it (and bead isn't breaken from rim). (Let the air out) Lay tire on the side and cut holes about the size of a baseball in the sidewall about 5 inches apart. Take you a cone (like one off of the side of the road where they do construction) Turn it upside down (like a funnel) and fill the tire with corn. After it's full of corn put you some grape cool-aid in it and fill up with water to cover the corn. Nothing will mess with it put coon. Leave tire on the ground.

That Dogs Tree'd Boys!
Richlands, NC

Old Post 11-02-2006 01:28 AM
BlackSIT is offline Click Here to See the Profile for BlackSIT Click here to Send BlackSIT a Private Message Click Here to Email BlackSIT Visit BlackSIT's homepage! Find more posts by BlackSIT Add BlackSIT to your buddy list Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote
lauren
UKC Forum Member

i hang my tires in a tree about six feet from the ground take a chain and nail it to the tree if you use a rope coons will chew the rope into hang it up high enough so the deer want fool with it dont take a dog around a deer feeder

Old Post 11-02-2006 03:17 AM
lauren is offline Click Here to See the Profile for lauren Click here to Send lauren a Private Message Click Here to Email lauren Find more posts by lauren Add lauren to your buddy list Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote
John Vaught
UKC Forum Member

FEEDERS

?????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<

Old Post 11-02-2006 11:23 AM
John Vaught is offline Click Here to See the Profile for John Vaught Click here to Send John Vaught a Private Message Click Here to Email John Vaught Find more posts by John Vaught Add John Vaught to your buddy list Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote
owitt1936
UKC Forum Member

Jay Westbrook,

Since you live in Rockmart, Ga. do you KNOW what ever happened to the SHEEPSTER????

Cutler, America

Old Post 11-02-2006 12:17 PM
owitt1936 is offline Click Here to See the Profile for owitt1936 Click here to Send owitt1936 a Private Message Click Here to Email owitt1936 Find more posts by owitt1936 Add owitt1936 to your buddy list Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote
Huntaholic
UKC Forum Member

IMHO, dont EVER hang a feeder on a tree ANYTHING can climb. Nothing is worse than having a grinner 10 ft up and then not being able to find the coon in the top of the tree. Hang em on small bushes, fence posts, etc... that way if you tree on the bucket you know for SURE its time to do some teaching.

Old Post 11-02-2006 02:08 PM
Huntaholic is offline Click Here to See the Profile for Huntaholic Click here to Send Huntaholic a Private Message Click Here to Email Huntaholic Find more posts by Huntaholic Add Huntaholic to your buddy list Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote
Mikyle White
UKC Forum Member

HERE IS THE BUCKETS WE USE TO START OUR PUPS.

THIS ONE IS JUST SITTING ON THE GROUND TIED TO TREE WITH A STRAP, WE JUST PUT BREAD IN THIS ONE. IT WORKS REALLY GOOD, IT 35 GALLOON DRUM, AND WE FILL IT ABOUT ONCE EVERY TWO WEEKS. WE PUT REALLY SMALL HOLES IN IT JUST SO COON CAN REACH IN AND GET THE FOOD OUT OF IT.

THIS ONE WE JUST HUND BETWEEN TWO TREES, AND HAVE A PVC PIPE HANGING OUT OF THE HOLE SO THE COON HAVE TO REACH IN IT AND GRAB IT. WE JUST PUT CORN IN THIS ONE. WE FILL THIS ONE UP ABOUT TWICE A WEEK.

THEY BOTH WORK REALLY WELL.

Old Post 11-26-2007 12:07 AM
Mikyle White is offline Click Here to See the Profile for Mikyle White Click here to Send Mikyle White a Private Message Click Here to Email Mikyle White Find more posts by Mikyle White Add Mikyle White to your buddy list Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote