UKC Forums UKC Website :: Hunting Ops :: All-Breed Sports :: Registration :: UKC Online Store
Here you can view your subscribed threads, work with private messages and edit your profile and preferences Registration is free! Calendar Find other members Frequently Asked Questions Search Home  
UKC Forums : Powered by vBulletin version 2.3.0 UKC Forums > Departments > UKC Coonhounds > Building a Club Numbers
Pages (2): [1] 2 »   Last Thread   Next Thread
Author
Thread Post New Thread    Post A Reply
Adam Davis
UKC Forum Member

Building a Club Numbers

I am sure this has been discussed before. but what does your club do to build numbers and support or give back to the members?

Report this post to a moderator | IP: Logged

Old Post 11-15-2018 03:28 PM
Adam Davis is offline Click Here to See the Profile for Adam Davis Click here to Send Adam Davis a Private Message Find more posts by Adam Davis Add Adam Davis to your buddy list Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote
wjoey
Banned

Well I was trying but my thread got deleted, UKC wants your club to be broke I believe, we were planning some big things thru the first of the year.

UKC PREFORMANCE SIRE Nt ch pkc ch BAM BAM The only one out of WORLD CH BIG D X GRNT SKIPPERS UMFORGIVEN SAIGE she has 21 pups 4nt ch 5 grnt ch thats 42.85%
He is a coon dog!
Nt ch ch Insane Minnie MouseInsane cain x Malden Branch Mouse

HOME OF 2 TIME AQHA HORSE OF THE YEAR
World champion working cow horse snaffle bit
SMART LITTLE LEGEND
ETCHA CHAMPION
HCHA CHAMPION
Top 16 NCHA WORLD Champion
Home of GHSRA All Around Cowboy Champion Chris wilbanks

Jerico Rebel our Movie star horse hes been in three films now 35 years old
Just passed away February 4th 2016

MY OLD DOGS GONE BUT NEVER FORGOTTEN
The one I will allways miss now deceased 01/09/2013
GR CH GRAND NT CH Handosme Trudy
SIRE PKC WLD CH GR NT WHATS UP DOC
DAM GR NT HUTCHINS SUGAR

GRCH GR NT CH COBBLER CREEK WENDY
GR NT STYLISH TUFF - WENDY X STYLISH LIPPER
GR NT STYLISH TACK - WENDY X STYLISH LIPPER

NT CH SOUTHERN STYLE - JP'S HIGH STYLE X HOUSES LADY

Old Post 11-16-2018 04:32 PM
wjoey is offline Click Here to See the Profile for wjoey Click here to Send wjoey a Private Message Find more posts by wjoey Add wjoey to your buddy list Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote
Toad Hill
UKC Forum Member

The new hunt format and changes supposed to help all your problems .

Old Post 11-16-2018 05:32 PM
Toad Hill is offline Click Here to See the Profile for Toad Hill Click here to Send Toad Hill a Private Message Find more posts by Toad Hill Add Toad Hill to your buddy list Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote
wjoey
Banned

quote:
Originally posted by Toad Hill
The new hunt format and changes supposed to help all your problems .
wishful thinking

UKC PREFORMANCE SIRE Nt ch pkc ch BAM BAM The only one out of WORLD CH BIG D X GRNT SKIPPERS UMFORGIVEN SAIGE she has 21 pups 4nt ch 5 grnt ch thats 42.85%
He is a coon dog!
Nt ch ch Insane Minnie MouseInsane cain x Malden Branch Mouse

HOME OF 2 TIME AQHA HORSE OF THE YEAR
World champion working cow horse snaffle bit
SMART LITTLE LEGEND
ETCHA CHAMPION
HCHA CHAMPION
Top 16 NCHA WORLD Champion
Home of GHSRA All Around Cowboy Champion Chris wilbanks

Jerico Rebel our Movie star horse hes been in three films now 35 years old
Just passed away February 4th 2016

MY OLD DOGS GONE BUT NEVER FORGOTTEN
The one I will allways miss now deceased 01/09/2013
GR CH GRAND NT CH Handosme Trudy
SIRE PKC WLD CH GR NT WHATS UP DOC
DAM GR NT HUTCHINS SUGAR

GRCH GR NT CH COBBLER CREEK WENDY
GR NT STYLISH TUFF - WENDY X STYLISH LIPPER
GR NT STYLISH TACK - WENDY X STYLISH LIPPER

NT CH SOUTHERN STYLE - JP'S HIGH STYLE X HOUSES LADY

Old Post 11-16-2018 06:11 PM
wjoey is offline Click Here to See the Profile for wjoey Click here to Send wjoey a Private Message Find more posts by wjoey Add wjoey to your buddy list Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote
Adam Davis
UKC Forum Member

lol maybe so

Old Post 11-26-2018 02:18 PM
Adam Davis is offline Click Here to See the Profile for Adam Davis Click here to Send Adam Davis a Private Message Find more posts by Adam Davis Add Adam Davis to your buddy list Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote
Richard Lambert
UKC Forum Member

quote:
Originally posted by wjoey
wishful thinking

What a pessimist. I thought that you were going to get some chill pills from your Dr.

Old Post 11-26-2018 02:31 PM
Richard Lambert is offline Click Here to See the Profile for Richard Lambert Click here to Send Richard Lambert a Private Message Click Here to Email Richard Lambert Find more posts by Richard Lambert Add Richard Lambert to your buddy list Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote
BLAKE WHEELER
UKC Forum Member

We do a handler of the year, you get so many points for entering the hunt, so many for winning your class and so many for winning overall high scoring dog. I think last year we gave either 2 or $300 to the handler.

Old Post 11-26-2018 06:43 PM
BLAKE WHEELER is offline Click Here to See the Profile for BLAKE WHEELER Click here to Send BLAKE WHEELER a Private Message Click Here to Email BLAKE WHEELER Find more posts by BLAKE WHEELER Add BLAKE WHEELER to your buddy list Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote
blueticker
UKC Forum Member

Good free food.

The Hounds I Enjoyed Hunting:
Dual Gr Natural Smokey River Rebel, A buddy of mine
Gr. Nt Natural Blue Echo ( Gr Nt Quail Ck Jimmy X Nt Ch Natural Blue Bell)
Gr Nt Smokey River Chief's Joe (JBS Chief X Gr Nt Jeans Ruby)
Gr. Nt. Ch. Natural Smokey River Lucy (Chief's Joe X Muggins)
And Many More

Old Post 11-26-2018 08:40 PM
blueticker is offline Click Here to See the Profile for blueticker Click here to Send blueticker a Private Message Find more posts by blueticker Add blueticker to your buddy list Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote
LittleCreek
UKC Forum Member

Club Numbers

Most importantly run it honest.......plain and simple.

"Little Creek Kennels"

Old Post 11-27-2018 03:24 PM
LittleCreek is offline Click Here to See the Profile for LittleCreek Click here to Send LittleCreek a Private Message Find more posts by LittleCreek Add LittleCreek to your buddy list Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote
TylerOSU
UKC Forum Member

Blue dog guys!

quote:
Originally posted by blueticker
Good free food.

Those blue dog guys are always game for some good free food after a good $20 butt kicking Nah I'm just giving Dennis a hard time! But on a side note Lost Creek Club in Seneca, Mo along with the 4 staters club in Miami, Ok are as good of clubs as you will find. I often wonder how we get the numbers that we do. A new thing we are doing this year ( we had some left over money from hosting zones and other bigger hunts over the last couple years, if you helped in any way from the kitchen to guiding or judging a cast you qualify for a free non-sanctioned hunt and get to hunt for nearly $2000! Who wouldn't want to participate for a free chance at that?!)

Team Mafia
2022 UKC World Champion
2019-2022 UKC World Qualifier
2019 Ok Prohunt Semi-finalist
2019 Spring SS Top 20
20,21, and 23 OK State PKC Champion
2020 Spring SS Top 7
2019-2023 PKC National Qualifier
2020-2023 TOC Qualifier
2020 UKC Top 100
2022 UKC Top 100
2023 JOY Super Hunt Champion
2022 UKC WORLDCH PKC PCH CH GRNTCH3 "Get Gone Jenna"
DOB- 9/30/2017

Old Post 11-27-2018 03:30 PM
TylerOSU is offline Click Here to See the Profile for TylerOSU Click here to Send TylerOSU a Private Message Click Here to Email TylerOSU Find more posts by TylerOSU Add TylerOSU to your buddy list Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote
Richard Lambert
UKC Forum Member

Nothing is "free". Someone has to pay for that free food.

Old Post 11-27-2018 03:52 PM
Richard Lambert is offline Click Here to See the Profile for Richard Lambert Click here to Send Richard Lambert a Private Message Click Here to Email Richard Lambert Find more posts by Richard Lambert Add Richard Lambert to your buddy list Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote
Redneck Mafia
UKC Moderator

quote:
Originally posted by Richard Lambert
Nothing is "free". Someone has to pay for that free food.

We keep a donation can out it usually collects enough to cover most the cost if not still no one will leave hungry. A plate is handed to each person that walks in the door and they know where the fridge is at.
Hunters come from all different walks of life, some with plenty, plenty of everyday Joe's and many with hardships in their lives. A club should be a place of refuge for all that you can leave all your troubles at the door, forget about the long week, drink coffee or in the case of our club their favorite seems to be the pick me up of Mt. Dew. The club house should be place where stories are swapped of old times and new and hang out with a group that despite your many differences all have a love of hunting these dogs.

"TEAM MAFIA"
*NATIONAL GRNITECH GRCH GRNITECH(5) HALL OF FAME PKC PLATIUM CH REDNECK BACKWOODS SHACK
2014 OK STATE CH, 2015 MO PKC LEADER, 2016 PKC NATIONALS SEMIFINALIST, 2016 UKC TOP 20, 2O17 UKC WORLD CHAMPIONSHIP 3RD PLACE, 2018 PKC SENIOR SHOWDOWN TRUCK HUNT FINAL 4, 2018 MO PKC STATE CHAMPION, 2019 AUTUMN OAKS NATIONAL GRNITE CH, 2019 PKC WORLD CH SEMIFINALIST. 2021 PKC SENIOR SHOWDOWN TRUCK HUNT FINAL 4.
*PKC WORLD CHAMPION PLATNIUM CHAMPION GRNITECH SHACK'S HEATHER ISLAND SOUTHERN STOGIE
2021 OKLAHOMA STATE CHAMPION, 2022 PKC WORLD CHAMPION, 2022 MO PKC STATE LEADER PRO SPORT TRUCK WINNER

RIP
*GRNITECH PKC SCH REDNECK MAFIA PKC HALL OF FAME REPRODUCER INDUCTED 2022
*GRNITECH CH PKC SILVER CH REDNECK SHACK ATTACK aka TAC 2018 OKLAHOMA STATE CHAMPION, 2020 MO PKC STATE LEADER

Old Post 11-27-2018 08:14 PM
Redneck Mafia is offline Click Here to See the Profile for Redneck Mafia Click here to Send Redneck Mafia a Private Message Click Here to Email Redneck Mafia Find more posts by Redneck Mafia Add Redneck Mafia to your buddy list Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote
Richard Lambert
UKC Forum Member

Re: Blue dog guys!

quote:
Originally posted by TylerOSU
..... I often wonder how we get the numbers that we do.....

Doesn't sound like there is any wonder to it at all. Makes me want to attend one of your hunts and it is a 12 hr drive for me.

Old Post 11-27-2018 09:21 PM
Cliff Thornburg
UKC Forum Member

Our club has club hunts, and I believe they really help.

It only takes one trouble maker to ruin a club, I believe they need to be ran off.

Old Post 11-27-2018 09:26 PM
Cliff Thornburg is offline Click Here to See the Profile for Cliff Thornburg Click here to Send Cliff Thornburg a Private Message Visit Cliff Thornburg's homepage! Find more posts by Cliff Thornburg Add Cliff Thornburg to your buddy list Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote
Donnie Stevens
UKC Forum Member

Re: Blue dog guys!

quote:
Originally posted by TylerOSU
Those blue dog guys are always game for some good free food after a good $20 butt kicking _

Lmao beats goin home humbled and hungry

Old Post 11-27-2018 10:06 PM
Donnie Stevens is offline Click Here to See the Profile for Donnie Stevens Click here to Send Donnie Stevens a Private Message Find more posts by Donnie Stevens Add Donnie Stevens to your buddy list Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote
Dave Richards
UKC Forum Member

Jen Cummings

Loved your post, like Mr. Lambert said, it sure makes me want to hunt at a Club like you guys have. Southern hospitality at it's finest, keep up the good work. Dave

Old Post 11-27-2018 10:29 PM
Dave Richards is offline Click Here to See the Profile for Dave Richards Click here to Send Dave Richards a Private Message Click Here to Email Dave Richards Find more posts by Dave Richards Add Dave Richards to your buddy list Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote
Richard Lambert
UKC Forum Member

Re: Re: Blue dog guys!

quote:
Originally posted by Donnie Stevens
Lmao beats goin home humbled and hungry

I guess that getting a free meal and some Southern Hospitality takes some of the sting out of it.

Old Post 11-27-2018 10:37 PM
Donnie Stevens
UKC Forum Member

Re: Re: Re: Blue dog guys!

quote:
Originally posted by Richard Lambert
I guess that getting a free meal and some Southern Hospitality takes some of the sting out of it.

I'd sign Red up for an ass whoopin if not for the 30 hour drive. I have no shame. A couple of those Missouri brownies and I might end up messed up in Mexico.

Old Post 11-27-2018 10:57 PM
Donnie Stevens is offline Click Here to See the Profile for Donnie Stevens Click here to Send Donnie Stevens a Private Message Find more posts by Donnie Stevens Add Donnie Stevens to your buddy list Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote
Dave Richards
UKC Forum Member

Donnie Stevens

X2, A man can get beat anywhere, but you can't get that kind if hospitality just anywhere. Jens brownies would be worth the drive, or so I have heard. Lol. Dave

Old Post 11-28-2018 01:08 AM
Dave Richards is offline Click Here to See the Profile for Dave Richards Click here to Send Dave Richards a Private Message Click Here to Email Dave Richards Find more posts by Dave Richards Add Dave Richards to your buddy list Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote
Adam Davis
UKC Forum Member

thanks for all the ideas.

Old Post 11-28-2018 02:41 PM
Redneck Mafia
UKC Moderator

There are many good clubs down this way and many we have visited across the country. Most at the club level have just a hand full or less that keep the wheels from falling off. We used to run club hunts here but no longer do, our guys would rather be free to go to a comp hunt somewhere else which allows them to help support other clubs.
One thing that a few around here were working on was combining their own club hunts with others for a local competition with each other instead of just the few that attended their own.
I send out text to lots of contacts to keep them up with any events and then have the boys put it out on Facebook.
The free food keeps the cost down for those on tighter budgets but a full belly is a happy hunter. The single most important thing you can do is make everyone that walks through the door feel welcome there is nothing worse than going to a club that when you walk in you can tell they would rather no outsiders be there. If your club can pay the bills and keep the lights on that is about all that matters you have given guys and gals a refuge on the occasional Friday or Saturday night.

"TEAM MAFIA"
*NATIONAL GRNITECH GRCH GRNITECH(5) HALL OF FAME PKC PLATIUM CH REDNECK BACKWOODS SHACK
2014 OK STATE CH, 2015 MO PKC LEADER, 2016 PKC NATIONALS SEMIFINALIST, 2016 UKC TOP 20, 2O17 UKC WORLD CHAMPIONSHIP 3RD PLACE, 2018 PKC SENIOR SHOWDOWN TRUCK HUNT FINAL 4, 2018 MO PKC STATE CHAMPION, 2019 AUTUMN OAKS NATIONAL GRNITE CH, 2019 PKC WORLD CH SEMIFINALIST. 2021 PKC SENIOR SHOWDOWN TRUCK HUNT FINAL 4.
*PKC WORLD CHAMPION PLATNIUM CHAMPION GRNITECH SHACK'S HEATHER ISLAND SOUTHERN STOGIE
2021 OKLAHOMA STATE CHAMPION, 2022 PKC WORLD CHAMPION, 2022 MO PKC STATE LEADER PRO SPORT TRUCK WINNER

RIP
*GRNITECH PKC SCH REDNECK MAFIA PKC HALL OF FAME REPRODUCER INDUCTED 2022
*GRNITECH CH PKC SILVER CH REDNECK SHACK ATTACK aka TAC 2018 OKLAHOMA STATE CHAMPION, 2020 MO PKC STATE LEADER

Old Post 11-28-2018 04:03 PM
Redneck Mafia is offline Click Here to See the Profile for Redneck Mafia Click here to Send Redneck Mafia a Private Message Click Here to Email Redneck Mafia Find more posts by Redneck Mafia Add Redneck Mafia to your buddy list Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote
TylerOSU
UKC Forum Member

Problems

quote:
Originally posted by Redneck Mafia
There are many good clubs down this way and many we have visited across the country. Most at the club level have just a hand full or less that keep the wheels from falling off. We used to run club hunts here but no longer do, our guys would rather be free to go to a comp hunt somewhere else which allows them to help support other clubs.
One thing that a few around here were working on was combining their own club hunts with others for a local competition with each other instead of just the few that attended their own.
I send out text to lots of contacts to keep them up with any events and then have the boys put it out on Facebook.
The free food keeps the cost down for those on tighter budgets but a full belly is a happy hunter. The single most important thing you can do is make everyone that walks through the door feel welcome there is nothing worse than going to a club that when you walk in you can tell they would rather no outsiders be there. If your club can pay the bills and keep the lights on that is about all that matters you have given guys and gals a refuge on the occasional Friday or Saturday night.

Added to what Jennifer said we have little to no problems with judges or guides. Occasionally we have a question arise but its always taken are of in orderly fashion. As a club we are more worried about giving people an honest chance to win their cast. Most of the time the best coon dog wins. People come just to see that and feel like honest people were around. We have even made some of our own mad by not allowing them to judge knowing their may be some hard feelings with another outside member that arose elsewhere!