UKC Forums UKC Website :: Hunting Ops :: All-Breed Sports :: Registration :: UKC Online Store
Here you can view your subscribed threads, work with private messages and edit your profile and preferences Registration is free! Calendar Find other members Frequently Asked Questions Search Home  
UKC Forums : Powered by vBulletin version 2.3.0 UKC Forums > UKC Free Classifieds > Coonhound Classifieds > Blueticks: Stud Dog and Kennel Promotion > Looking to make the right choice
Pages (2): [1] 2 »   Last Thread   Next Thread
Author
Thread Post New Thread    Post A Reply
Highbawl10
UKC Forum Member

Looking to make the right choice

I have a 5 year old pleasure hound. Strait coondog. Never been in a hunt and never will be so she will never receive any titles. Her sire is utchmans blue jobe htx. Her dam is utchmans blue sue. Any and all comments are appreciated. She is due to come in heat in November. So I may not be making the cross this year. After all she needs her kill season. Thank you for your time.

Report this post to a moderator | IP: Logged

Old Post 07-31-2018 03:16 AM
Highbawl10 is offline Click Here to See the Profile for Highbawl10 Click here to Send Highbawl10 a Private Message Click Here to Email Highbawl10 Find more posts by Highbawl10 Add Highbawl10 to your buddy list Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote
Highbawl10
UKC Forum Member

I have no clue who is reproducing good hounds or what crosses well with heavy utchman.

Old Post 07-31-2018 03:41 AM
Highbawl10 is offline Click Here to See the Profile for Highbawl10 Click here to Send Highbawl10 a Private Message Click Here to Email Highbawl10 Find more posts by Highbawl10 Add Highbawl10 to your buddy list Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote
pamjohnson
UKC Forum Member

I have a male named Johnson blue echo norm. He is on the stud page. Your welcome to come hunt with him Any time ya want or I can answer any questions you may about him. Keel Johnson phone number is 717 817 6331

Old Post 07-31-2018 01:54 PM
pamjohnson is offline Click Here to See the Profile for pamjohnson Click here to Send pamjohnson a Private Message Click Here to Email pamjohnson Find more posts by pamjohnson Add pamjohnson to your buddy list Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote
Highbawl10
UKC Forum Member

First of all I’d like to say I’d be proud that have a hound like norm. He’s a fine lookin animal. But more importantly, I read your stud add and that has to be one of the most honest descriptions of a personal hound as I’ve ever heard. It’s a relief to find honesty these days. Especially when talkin to houndsmen. I’ll be headed down to Kentucky to pick up Emma Lou from her handler soon and I always have time to stop in and hunt or just talk hounds.

Old Post 07-31-2018 10:25 PM
steeb_63
UKC Forum Member

I REALLY WOULD ENJOY A GOOD HUNT WITH YOU!!! I HAVE STEBERS MIGHTY LONESOME II. HE SUITS ME FINE AND IS THROWING PUPS THAT I ENJOY. DONT CARE IF YOU BRED TO HIM BUT WOULD LOVE TO GO FOR A HUNT IM IN ILLINOIS

2018 2ND PLACE BREED WINNER PKC
2019 ILLINOIS STATE CHAMPION
2019 AUTUMN OAKS GRAND 16
2019 AUTUMN OAKS NATL GRNITECH OF BREED
2019 ZONE 3 HIGH SCORING DOG
2019 WORLD CH TOP 100
2019 PURINA NATIONALS BREED WINNER.
2019 FALL ROUND UP KING OF THE HUNT.
2019 ERCHA PKC PRO HUNT TOP 4
2020 WINTER CLASSIC SAT. 4TH PLACE CHAMPION DIVISION
2020 WORLD QUALIIFIED
2020 NATIONAL BLUETICK DAYS INVITATIONAL HUNT WINNER
2020 NATIONAL BLUETICK DAYS DOUBLE CAST WINNER 3RD PLACE GRNITECH FRI AND 4TH PLACE GRNITECH SAT
2020 Natl english days high scoring dog overall fri 1rst place grnitech sat 3rd place grnitech.
2021 invitational hunt winner
2021 natl bluetick days 9th place RQE winner
T0C Top 64 winner

ALSO HOME OF
PR Stebers Lil Blue Krayzee[dual grand penny x grnitech krypt]
nitech Stebers Big Ole Slick
NITECH STEBERS MIGHTY LONESOME 3 AKA CASH[7 wins towards grnitech
Stebers Mighty Blue Bell
Stebers 5 Gen
Stebers Pure Country
Stebers Shining Diamond
Stebers Lonesome Sue
Stebers Mighty Blue Patsy
Stebers Ole Blue Betty
Stebers Lil Blue Krayzee II
AND SEVERAL YOUNG ONES IN THE MIX

Old Post 07-31-2018 11:09 PM
steeb_63 is offline Click Here to See the Profile for steeb_63 Click here to Send steeb_63 a Private Message Click Here to Email steeb_63 Find more posts by steeb_63 Add steeb_63 to your buddy list Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote
pamjohnson
UKC Forum Member

Thank you highball. I look forward to a hunt and some conversation .

Old Post 07-31-2018 11:59 PM
pamjohnson is offline Click Here to See the Profile for pamjohnson Click here to Send pamjohnson a Private Message Click Here to Email pamjohnson Find more posts by pamjohnson Add pamjohnson to your buddy list Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote
Highbawl10
UKC Forum Member

I’m still not sure when I’ll be making the trip to go get her, I keep getting pushed back due to work. She should be pretty tuned up and ready to run by the time I get to pick her up. I’ve heard people say that jobe threw naturally starting dogs and that exactly what she is. Jobe X zeb female. She Never really barked at any trash and never needed a cage coon. That why I want to cross to something that throws drive. I’d like a bit more speed but who doesn’t. I know there’s gotta be somebody who has bred jobes offspring and I’d like to know how the pups turned out. Stebes, Illinois might be a bit north of my route but wow. Nice hound. How do his young dogs turn out? I’ll be runnin 80 when I head out, how far is that from norm?

Old Post 08-02-2018 08:09 PM
pamjohnson
UKC Forum Member

I would be about 2 hrs South of 80. Another thing I will say norm has never treed a opossum on his own and only backed a dog on 2 as far as I can remember. So he does naturally prefer coon over off game.

Old Post 08-02-2018 11:50 PM
BamaBoy17
UKC Forum Member

LOMESOME II

Do Not OVER LOOK THIS HOUND HE IS THE REAL DEAL !!! I DO NOT OWN A HAIR OF HIM BUT I DO KNOW HE IS THE REAL DEAL

Old Post 08-03-2018 06:55 PM
BamaBoy17 is offline Click Here to See the Profile for BamaBoy17 Click here to Send BamaBoy17 a Private Message Click Here to Email BamaBoy17 Find more posts by BamaBoy17 Add BamaBoy17 to your buddy list Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote
townsendhpd
UKC Forum Member

Rhett

Check with Rhett gayle on here or get a hold of Gary himself. Both can tell you plenty on what your looking to find out. Me personally I like the jobe x Zeb crosses and would look at something along those lines to breed back into them. Gary has a couple different males that are Albert bred which is what Jobe and zeb both go back to but again you'd need to speak with him.

Old Post 08-03-2018 09:47 PM
townsendhpd is offline Click Here to See the Profile for townsendhpd Click here to Send townsendhpd a Private Message Find more posts by townsendhpd Add townsendhpd to your buddy list Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote
Highbawl10
UKC Forum Member

My female is a direct jobes/zeb. My buddy bought her off of Gary as a pup. I’m curious what’s next, if anyone has had success with any of the next generation crosses. I’ve crossed to Cameron line before because of the look and mouths are huge. Not a coonhound in the litter. They did make outstanding big game hounds though.

Old Post 08-04-2018 12:08 AM
Highbawl10
UKC Forum Member

Spoke with Gary a bit, by the sound of it he likes a hammer bred dog. So I’m going to try and get as heavy bred hammer dog as I can find. Ready to book a stud now for a heat in November give or take.

Old Post 08-04-2018 11:59 PM
Highbawl10
UKC Forum Member

Spoke with Gary a bit, by the sound of it he likes a hammer bred dog. So I’m going to try and get as heavy bred hammer dog as I can find. Ready to book a stud now for a heat in November give or take.

Old Post 08-04-2018 11:59 PM
Sparks5
UKC Forum Member

Emma Lou

I have a full brother to your female, but he's 4 yrs. Old, really like him a lot, hard headed, doesn't say a lot on the track, gets treed, hard tree dog, accurate, like them Jobe dogs !!

Old Post 08-09-2018 04:20 PM
Sparks5 is offline Click Here to See the Profile for Sparks5 Click here to Send Sparks5 a Private Message Click Here to Email Sparks5 Find more posts by Sparks5 Add Sparks5 to your buddy list Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote
shadinc
UKC Forum Member

I had to reply to this post. I have a full sister that was 4 on June 10. Her name is Emmylou. She trees coons.

Old Post 08-09-2018 05:32 PM
shadinc is offline Click Here to See the Profile for shadinc Click here to Send shadinc a Private Message Click Here to Email shadinc Find more posts by shadinc Add shadinc to your buddy list Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote
Sparks5
UKC Forum Member

Yes, that would be Gooses full sister, glad to hear that his litter mates are coon dogs too, I just got 4 pups off him and a Smokey River female, we will see how he reproduces !!

Old Post 08-09-2018 05:49 PM
Sparks5 is offline Click Here to See the Profile for Sparks5 Click here to Send Sparks5 a Private Message Click Here to Email Sparks5 Find more posts by Sparks5 Add Sparks5 to your buddy list Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote
Sparks5
UKC Forum Member

Yes, that would be Gooses full sister, glad to hear that his litter mates are coon dogs too, I just got 4 pups off him and a Smokey River female, we will see how he reproduces !!

Old Post 08-09-2018 05:57 PM
Sparks5
UKC Forum Member

Is she a hard hunter ??

Old Post 08-09-2018 06:27 PM
Highbawl10
UKC Forum Member

My females birthday is 10/19/2013. Maybe the crazy as was worth making again. Mines name is Emma Lou. She’s all coondog. Will not touch trash. Overall she is not the fastest on track but in company she will not tree unless she finishes her track. She doesn’t just honor anything on a tree. Real pretty little female with a beautiful voice. She goes til she gets one. She don’t waste time in thick coon. She picks a track and trees it. Very good bout having the coon but not perfect. I’d say she doesn’t hunt as hard as my walker but she is more accurate for sure.

Old Post 08-09-2018 07:01 PM
Sparks5
UKC Forum Member

Wow, that's back to back breedings, they must have knew it was a good cross, Sue had 2 sisters , Angel and Magic, that threw good pups also !!

Old Post 08-09-2018 07:22 PM
Sparks5
UKC Forum Member

The dual grand Foggy mountain Blaze dog is out of Jobe and Angel, that would be your dog's half brother and aunt, might be to close of kin to breed to, I'm not sure.

Old Post 08-09-2018 07:36 PM
Highbawl10
UKC Forum Member

I really like a few dogs I’ve seen on here. Most are a bit far for me as I don’t go to competitions. But I’m willing to go where I need to as I’m only breeding her this one time. I have 4 pups spoken for if I breed her to Piazon or something directly off him. My buddy drew out against him one night and was extremely impressed by both hound and handler. It’s tough to say and my mind is not made up. Especially with hounds like lonesome 2, banjo, dragon and if I could reproduce a hound that trees like that Leon dog I’d never need another.

Old Post 08-09-2018 09:11 PM
Sparks5
UKC Forum Member

Yeah, heard good things about all those dogs for sure. You probably wouldn't go wrong with any of them, cause a lot of it depends on the moma too. Good luck, hope you have some good ones !!

Old Post 08-09-2018 09:28 PM
steeb_63
UKC Forum Member

I JUST WANTED TO LET YOU KNOW LONESOME IS VERY HEAVY HAMMER BRED AND IF YOUR INTERESTED IN HIM WE WILL GERT IT FIGURED OUT

2018 2ND PLACE BREED WINNER PKC
2019 ILLINOIS STATE CHAMPION
2019 AUTUMN OAKS GRAND 16
2019 AUTUMN OAKS NATL GRNITECH OF BREED
2019 ZONE 3 HIGH SCORING DOG
2019 WORLD CH TOP 100
2019 PURINA NATIONALS BREED WINNER.
2019 FALL ROUND UP KING OF THE HUNT.
2019 ERCHA PKC PRO HUNT TOP 4
2020 WINTER CLASSIC SAT. 4TH PLACE CHAMPION DIVISION
2020 WORLD QUALIIFIED
2020 NATIONAL BLUETICK DAYS INVITATIONAL HUNT WINNER
2020 NATIONAL BLUETICK DAYS DOUBLE CAST WINNER 3RD PLACE GRNITECH FRI AND 4TH PLACE GRNITECH SAT
2020 Natl english days high scoring dog overall fri 1rst place grnitech sat 3rd place grnitech.
2021 invitational hunt winner
2021 natl bluetick days 9th place RQE winner
T0C Top 64 winner

ALSO HOME OF
PR Stebers Lil Blue Krayzee[dual grand penny x grnitech krypt]
nitech Stebers Big Ole Slick
NITECH STEBERS MIGHTY LONESOME 3 AKA CASH[7 wins towards grnitech
Stebers Mighty Blue Bell
Stebers 5 Gen
Stebers Pure Country
Stebers Shining Diamond
Stebers Lonesome Sue
Stebers Mighty Blue Patsy
Stebers Ole Blue Betty
Stebers Lil Blue Krayzee II
AND SEVERAL YOUNG ONES IN THE MIX

Old Post 08-10-2018 06:23 AM
steeb_63 is offline Click Here to See the Profile for steeb_63 Click here to Send steeb_63 a Private Message Click Here to Email steeb_63 Find more posts by steeb_63 Add steeb_63 to your buddy list Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote
nutmeg beagler
UKC Forum Member

I have a son of Johns lonesome dog right here in CT. He turns two this month. He’s well on his way to being a nice pleasure hound.

Old Post 08-11-2018 12:53 AM
nutmeg beagler is offline Click Here to See the Profile for nutmeg beagler Click here to Send nutmeg beagler a Private Message Click Here to Email nutmeg beagler Find more posts by nutmeg beagler Add nutmeg beagler to your buddy list Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote