UKC Forums UKC Website :: Hunting Ops :: All-Breed Sports :: Registration :: UKC Online Store
Here you can view your subscribed threads, work with private messages and edit your profile and preferences Registration is free! Calendar Find other members Frequently Asked Questions Search Home  
UKC Forums : Powered by vBulletin version 2.3.0 UKC Forums > Departments > UKC Coonhounds > pa sb373 pa anti tethering bill
Pages (3): « 1 2 [3]   Last Thread   Next Thread
Author
Thread Post New Thread    Post A Reply
S Chisnell
UKC Forum Member

URGENT!!

Call your Senators ASAP, SB 373, the worse of the two of these bills introduced in Pennsylvania, has made it out of committee to be voted on in the Senate! Don't let it pass!

http://www.ukcdogs.com/Web.nsf/News...4012015125815PM

Report this post to a moderator | IP: Logged

Old Post 05-12-2015 02:10 PM
S Chisnell is offline Click Here to See the Profile for S Chisnell Click here to Send S Chisnell a Private Message Click Here to Email S Chisnell Find more posts by S Chisnell Add S Chisnell to your buddy list Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote
Caseyhoutz
UKC Forum Member

I contacted my state rep and asked him to vote NO to this bill!! what about creating a petition for people to sign via e-mail who don't want this bill to pass in our state? because with social media and everyone having a cell phones can't we show strength in number through that? im just trying to come up with something that will help us in the future if you have any suggestions please let me know!

Home of
'PR' HOUTZ COONBUSTIN SPOOKY FRED
$142.50 PKC.

CH 'PR' HOUTZ COON BUSTIN TINY

'PR' HOUTZ COONBUSTIN MOJO MAGIC

'PR' WILD STYLE CLOVERS FLAG
~Casey Houtz~

Old Post 05-15-2015 02:12 PM
Caseyhoutz is offline Click Here to See the Profile for Caseyhoutz Click here to Send Caseyhoutz a Private Message Click Here to Email Caseyhoutz Find more posts by Caseyhoutz Add Caseyhoutz to your buddy list Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote
S Chisnell
UKC Forum Member

Unfortunately, petitions don't really work. While it might be easier for someone to just attach their name to a petition, I've been told multiple times by professional lobbyists that they are basically worthless. Legislators being flooded with calls, emails, and letters carries much more weight than a petition.

Old Post 05-15-2015 02:15 PM
S Chisnell is offline Click Here to See the Profile for S Chisnell Click here to Send S Chisnell a Private Message Click Here to Email S Chisnell Find more posts by S Chisnell Add S Chisnell to your buddy list Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote
Caseyhoutz
UKC Forum Member

quote:
Originally posted by S Chisnell
Unfortunately, petitions don't really work. While it might be easier for someone to just attach their name to a petition, I've been told multiple times by professional lobbyists that they are basically worthless. Legislators being flooded with calls, emails, and letters carries much more weight than a petition.

thanks so much for letting me know!

Home of
'PR' HOUTZ COONBUSTIN SPOOKY FRED
$142.50 PKC.

CH 'PR' HOUTZ COON BUSTIN TINY

'PR' HOUTZ COONBUSTIN MOJO MAGIC

'PR' WILD STYLE CLOVERS FLAG
~Casey Houtz~

Old Post 05-15-2015 02:19 PM
Caseyhoutz is offline Click Here to See the Profile for Caseyhoutz Click here to Send Caseyhoutz a Private Message Click Here to Email Caseyhoutz Find more posts by Caseyhoutz Add Caseyhoutz to your buddy list Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote
rich0713
UKC Forum Member

We all need to ban together I"m Talking from dog owners to Dog food company, Garmin, dog toy makers, everyone.. This same bill regarding the low temps and other weather is being tested or made law all over the North/East after this winter. I have been talking to my State Rep. About this along with S. Chisnell and others even PA Game Commission Cause this would make hunting dogs in cold weather illegal in PA for most of the season's such as rabbit and coon. If anyone has any Idea's please let me let me know---

Old Post 05-16-2015 03:43 PM
rich0713 is offline Click Here to See the Profile for rich0713 Click here to Send rich0713 a Private Message Visit rich0713's homepage! Find more posts by rich0713 Add rich0713 to your buddy list Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote
kelly601lee
UKC Forum Member

PA Nite Hunters meeting

The tethering bill was addressed at our state association meeting that was held this past weekend at the state championship. Please call your representatives! As Sara stated, offices being flooded with calls, emails, and letters is most effective.

Proud home of:

WSHOWCH GRCH 'PR' Laurel Valley Backwoods Boondocker
*2014 SETWA Overall Show Champion
*2014 PA State Championship Overall Show Winner
*2014 Autumn Oaks Champion Male of Breed
*2015 Autumn Oaks Champion Male of Breed
*2016 Walker Days Saturday Grand Champion Male
*2016 Purina Points Breed Winner
*2017 AKC World Show Champion
*2017 UKC World Show Champion
*2018 Grand American GRCH Male

'PR' Lost Heritage Laurel Valley Liv
*2017 SETWA Overall Show Champion

GRCH 'PR' Laurel Hill Largo Stardom Bound
*2014 Walkers Days Overall Show Champion
*2014 PA State Championship Opp Sex Winner
*2015 Grand American Opp Sex Winner

Old Post 05-26-2015 08:21 PM
kelly601lee is offline Click Here to See the Profile for kelly601lee Click here to Send kelly601lee a Private Message Click Here to Email kelly601lee Find more posts by kelly601lee Add kelly601lee to your buddy list Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote
kelly601lee
UKC Forum Member

PA Nite Hunters meeting

The tethering bill was addressed at our state association meeting that was held this past weekend at the state championship. Please call your senator As Sara stated, offices being flooded with calls, emails, and letters is most effective.

Proud home of:

WSHOWCH GRCH 'PR' Laurel Valley Backwoods Boondocker
*2014 SETWA Overall Show Champion
*2014 PA State Championship Overall Show Winner
*2014 Autumn Oaks Champion Male of Breed
*2015 Autumn Oaks Champion Male of Breed
*2016 Walker Days Saturday Grand Champion Male
*2016 Purina Points Breed Winner
*2017 AKC World Show Champion
*2017 UKC World Show Champion
*2018 Grand American GRCH Male

'PR' Lost Heritage Laurel Valley Liv
*2017 SETWA Overall Show Champion

GRCH 'PR' Laurel Hill Largo Stardom Bound
*2014 Walkers Days Overall Show Champion
*2014 PA State Championship Opp Sex Winner
*2015 Grand American Opp Sex Winner

Old Post 05-26-2015 08:21 PM
kelly601lee is offline Click Here to See the Profile for kelly601lee Click here to Send kelly601lee a Private Message Click Here to Email kelly601lee Find more posts by kelly601lee Add kelly601lee to your buddy list Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote
rich0713
UKC Forum Member

Sb 373

This Bill has Now passed Senate an is now in the House we are in trubile people

Old Post 06-06-2015 02:35 PM
rich0713 is offline Click Here to See the Profile for rich0713 Click here to Send rich0713 a Private Message Visit rich0713's homepage! Find more posts by rich0713 Add rich0713 to your buddy list Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote
rich0713
UKC Forum Member

S Chisnell what will UKC do if Bill Sb 373 passes in Pa.? for example people show up in summer time an a thunder storm warning has been posted it would make hunting that night Illegal. And hunting in winter where its 32 degs an below it would make it illegal to hunt.

Last edited by rich0713 on 06-06-2015 at 06:08 PM

Old Post 06-06-2015 05:51 PM
Phil Peterson
UKC Forum Member

The Senate vote was not even close. We are in trouble. Common sense is gone.

Old Post 06-06-2015 08:54 PM
Phil Peterson is offline Click Here to See the Profile for Phil Peterson Click here to Send Phil Peterson a Private Message Find more posts by Phil Peterson Add Phil Peterson to your buddy list Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote
Bill Lash
UKC Forum Member

sb373

My phone line is on melt down, can't get a straight answer from any one in the house of reps.

Old Post 06-09-2015 10:59 PM
Bill Lash is offline Click Here to See the Profile for Bill Lash Click here to Send Bill Lash a Private Message Click Here to Email Bill Lash Find more posts by Bill Lash Add Bill Lash to your buddy list Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote
rich0713
UKC Forum Member

Re: sb373

[QUOTE]Originally posted by Bill Lash
My phone line is on melt down, can't get a straight answer from any one in the house of reps. [/QUOTE

Makes two of US. an in my county they just added another 3 to 4 Dog wardens hmm 1 full time, 2 part time, 1 back up

Last edited by rich0713 on 06-10-2015 at 12:35 AM

Old Post 06-09-2015 11:34 PM
RLenhart
UKC Forum Member

Everybody should copy and mail this in!

This letter was passed around at Laurel highlands and South Fork and all members were asked to make copies, sign it and mail it in so I'm asking everybody on here to do the same. I'm told these representatives have to document all correspondence they get like this so please everybody copy this letter, put your signature to it and send it in. Somebody already mentioned on here getting a petition started, as Sara said petitions don't really do any good this will. We just have a couple months until this gets voted on again so let's make good use of that time and get our message across!

Old Post 07-14-2015 05:25 PM
RLenhart is offline Click Here to See the Profile for RLenhart Click here to Send RLenhart a Private Message Find more posts by RLenhart Add RLenhart to your buddy list Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote
Duckassassin
UKC Forum Member

I dont live in PA but i just faxed them a letter for NO on SB 373

Old Post 07-14-2015 06:29 PM
Duckassassin is offline Click Here to See the Profile for Duckassassin Click here to Send Duckassassin a Private Message Find more posts by Duckassassin Add Duckassassin to your buddy list Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote
Duckassassin
UKC Forum Member

Ttt

Old Post 07-20-2015 05:09 AM
Duckassassin is offline Click Here to See the Profile for Duckassassin Click here to Send Duckassassin a Private Message Find more posts by Duckassassin Add Duckassassin to your buddy list Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote
aswiss
Banned

i personally wouldnt

Old Post 07-23-2015 12:37 PM
aswiss is offline Click Here to See the Profile for aswiss Click here to Send aswiss a Private Message Click Here to Email aswiss Visit aswiss's homepage! Find more posts by aswiss Add aswiss to your buddy list Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote
pa.nitehunter
UKC Forum Member

I live in pa and have made the calls not to support this

Old Post 09-03-2015 02:28 AM
pa.nitehunter is offline Click Here to See the Profile for pa.nitehunter Click here to Send pa.nitehunter a Private Message Find more posts by pa.nitehunter Add pa.nitehunter to your buddy list Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote