UKC Forums UKC Website :: Hunting Ops :: All-Breed Sports :: Registration :: UKC Online Store
Here you can view your subscribed threads, work with private messages and edit your profile and preferences Registration is free! Calendar Find other members Frequently Asked Questions Search Home  
UKC Forums : Powered by vBulletin version 2.3.0 UKC Forums > Departments > UKC Coonhounds > Garmin DC-40? Won't Turn On.......
  Last Thread   Next Thread
Author
Thread Post New Thread    Post A Reply
Bluedog65775
UKC Forum Member

Garmin DC-40? Won't Turn On.......

Had a DC-40 collar charged up a couple nights ago and went for a short hunt.Worked fine.Turned it off when I got home.Turned it on last night when we went hunting and about 20 minutes into the hunt I lost signal from the collar.Dog came through and I checked the collar and the light was off.Tried to turn it on and it would'nt come on.Brought it home and it will not charge either.Tried another charger (from my other DC-40 collar) and the blue light will not come on and indicate its charging.Anyone ever had a problem like this?And if so what was the fix for it? Thanks

Report this post to a moderator | IP: Logged

Old Post 01-14-2012 01:13 PM
Bluedog65775 is offline Click Here to See the Profile for Bluedog65775 Click here to Send Bluedog65775 a Private Message Click Here to Email Bluedog65775 Find more posts by Bluedog65775 Add Bluedog65775 to your buddy list Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote
CGRADR07
UKC Forum Member

Collar

I would say you have to send it back in. There is either a break in the circuit board, or there is a connection that went bad from the battery to either the circuit board or (since it wont charge) one to the charging contact points. If they will not fix it then I would look at for ya.

CH ‘PR’ Mafia’s Double Dose

Old Post 01-14-2012 01:49 PM
CGRADR07 is offline Click Here to See the Profile for CGRADR07 Click here to Send CGRADR07 a Private Message Click Here to Email CGRADR07 Find more posts by CGRADR07 Add CGRADR07 to your buddy list Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote
Bluedog65775
UKC Forum Member

Re: Collar

quote:
Originally posted by CGRADR07
I would say you have to send it back in. There is either a break in the circuit board, or there is a connection that went bad from the battery to either the circuit board or (since it wont charge) one to the charging contact points. If they will not fix it then I would look at for ya.

Thanks!

Old Post 01-14-2012 02:21 PM
Bluedog65775 is offline Click Here to See the Profile for Bluedog65775 Click here to Send Bluedog65775 a Private Message Click Here to Email Bluedog65775 Find more posts by Bluedog65775 Add Bluedog65775 to your buddy list Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote
dsheads
UKC Forum Member

Had this same problem tonight. Just got back and checked the charge and still didn't light up. Did Garmin fix the problem? Is it better to buy new or deal with hassle of sending it back?

Old Post 04-12-2012 03:52 AM
dsheads is offline Click Here to See the Profile for dsheads Click here to Send dsheads a Private Message Click Here to Email dsheads Find more posts by dsheads Add dsheads to your buddy list Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote
Tom T
UKC Forum Member

Call Kevin Rainwater he will take care of you 606-305-1905
He is in Ky.

Old Post 04-12-2012 12:59 PM
Tom T is offline Click Here to See the Profile for Tom T Click here to Send Tom T a Private Message Click Here to Email Tom T Find more posts by Tom T Add Tom T to your buddy list Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote
toe cutter
UKC Forum Member

common problem with the 40

click on it. its a short video of the problem with the 40.
http://youtu.be/r4-qFtJeum0

Last edited by toe cutter on 04-12-2012 at 02:59 PM

Old Post 04-12-2012 02:49 PM
toe cutter is offline Click Here to See the Profile for toe cutter Click here to Send toe cutter a Private Message Find more posts by toe cutter Add toe cutter to your buddy list Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote
BB&LKennels
Banned

quote:
Originally posted by dsheads
Had this same problem tonight. Just got back and checked the charge and still didn't light up. Did Garmin fix the problem? Is it better to buy new or deal with hassle of sending it back?
GARMIN HAS HAD MY DC 30 FOR ALMOSY A MOUNTH NOW. THERE SERVICE SUCK'S. THEY KEEP TELLING ME DIFFERENT DATE'S AS TO WHEN THEY WILL SHIP ME A REBUILT CALLAR. THEY CHARGE 89 DOLLAR'S FIX ONE. JUST TALKED TO THEM YESTERDAY AND THEY WANTED ME TO TAKE A 40 CALLAR,SO THEY HAVE THEM IN STOCK[I GUESS UNLESS IT WAS JUST ANOTHER LIE] SURE AS HECK WOULDN' BUY ANOTHER ONE. JMO MAKE THEM GIVE YOU ANOTHER ONE ...

Last edited by BB&LKennels on 04-12-2012 at 07:48 PM

Old Post 04-12-2012 07:45 PM
BB&LKennels is offline Click Here to See the Profile for BB&LKennels Click here to Send BB&LKennels a Private Message Click Here to Email BB&LKennels Find more posts by BB&LKennels Add BB&LKennels to your buddy list Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote
T Felderman
UKC Forum Member

Has anyone else had this problem and did you get it fixed? I have a collar do the same thing this week.

Thanks

Old Post 06-12-2015 02:14 PM
T Felderman is offline Click Here to See the Profile for T Felderman Click here to Send T Felderman a Private Message Find more posts by T Felderman Add T Felderman to your buddy list Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote
Bruce M. Conkey

If the blue light won't come on when it is charging or with the off/on switch 99% chance it has to go back to garmin. One thing you can check. Take the six screws out that hold the batter housing in place and check the two wires from the charging contacts to see if they are plugged in. While your in there you can unplug it for a few minutes but in all honesty I have seen several like this and there is no repair other than sending back to Garmin.

Old Post 06-12-2015 02:27 PM
Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote
T Felderman
UKC Forum Member

Thanks Bruce,
That's the answer I thought I was going to get.

Old Post 06-12-2015 02:45 PM
T Felderman is offline Click Here to See the Profile for T Felderman Click here to Send T Felderman a Private Message Find more posts by T Felderman Add T Felderman to your buddy list Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote
coop81
UKC Forum Member

Garmin had outstanding customer service

Sent mine in on Friday got new one next Friday 84 dollars

Old Post 06-14-2015 03:15 PM
coop81 is offline Click Here to See the Profile for coop81 Click here to Send coop81 a Private Message Click Here to Email coop81 Find more posts by coop81 Add coop81 to your buddy list Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote
8hawg
UKC Forum Member

Re: Garmin DC-40? Won't Turn On.......

quote:
Originally posted by Bluedog65775
Had a DC-40 collar charged up a couple nights ago and went for a short hunt.Worked fine.Turned it off when I got home.Turned it on last night when we went hunting and about 20 minutes into the hunt I lost signal from the collar.Dog came through and I checked the collar and the light was off.Tried to turn it on and it would'nt come on.Brought it home and it will not charge either.Tried another charger (from my other DC-40 collar) and the blue light will not come on and indicate its charging.Anyone ever had a problem like this?And if so what was the fix for it? Thanks

Lowell, had this happen to me sometime back. I hooked the collar up to the car charger it comes with and that did the trick. I was then able to hook it up to the house charger and it has been charging fine.

This is another problem I have experienced with my DC 40, The light that shows its on won't come on however the collar is on and works fine. Blue light comes on during charging like its suppose to but no "on" indicater light to show its on.(have to use the handheld to see if its on or off)

But try the car charger thing.

Old Post 06-14-2015 03:28 PM
8hawg is offline Click Here to See the Profile for 8hawg Click here to Send 8hawg a Private Message Find more posts by 8hawg Add 8hawg to your buddy list Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote
guofang
New UKC Forum Member

i have lot of Garmin DC 40,do not work,any one need that or can fix it.Thanks

Old Post 07-06-2015 05:41 AM
guofang is offline Click Here to See the Profile for guofang Click here to Send guofang a Private Message Click Here to Email guofang Find more posts by guofang Add guofang to your buddy list Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote
Jackson87
UKC Forum Member

My dc-40 quit this past week.It won't charge or turn on.Anybody know how much it costs to send it back to Garmin?Do they give you a rebuilt one?

Old Post 08-17-2015 12:42 AM
Jackson87 is offline Click Here to See the Profile for Jackson87 Click here to Send Jackson87 a Private Message Find more posts by Jackson87 Add Jackson87 to your buddy list Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote
Jrkb2012
UKC Forum Member

quote:
Originally posted by Jackson87
My dc-40 quit this past week.It won't charge or turn on.Anybody know how much it costs to send it back to Garmin?Do they give you a rebuilt one?
A buddy of mine just had a dc30 go bad,he called garmin,,they told him to send old collar and $125.00 bucks,they would send him a refurbished one,,not sure if a dc40 is same price or not

Old Post 08-17-2015 01:39 AM
Jrkb2012 is offline Click Here to See the Profile for Jrkb2012 Click here to Send Jrkb2012 a Private Message Click Here to Email Jrkb2012 Find more posts by Jrkb2012 Add Jrkb2012 to your buddy list Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote
shadinc
UKC Forum Member

I just had a DC40 replaced by Garmin. $99.00. Call Garmin and they will tell you exactly what to do. I got it back in a week. Call before you ship it to Garmin.

Old Post 08-17-2015 02:44 AM
shadinc is offline Click Here to See the Profile for shadinc Click here to Send shadinc a Private Message Click Here to Email shadinc Find more posts by shadinc Add shadinc to your buddy list Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote
Jackson87
UKC Forum Member

Thanks.

Old Post 08-17-2015 02:51 AM
Jackson87 is offline Click Here to See the Profile for Jackson87 Click here to Send Jackson87 a Private Message Find more posts by Jackson87 Add Jackson87 to your buddy list Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote
Jackson87
UKC Forum Member

Will a Garmin rep be at Autumn Oaks?It would be nice to trade my collar there and pay the price.It would be a done deal with out the shipping.

Old Post 09-01-2015 10:22 PM