UKC Forums UKC Website :: Hunting Ops :: All-Breed Sports :: Registration :: UKC Online Store
Here you can view your subscribed threads, work with private messages and edit your profile and preferences Registration is free! Calendar Find other members Frequently Asked Questions Search Home  
UKC Forums : Powered by vBulletin version 2.3.0 UKC Forums > Departments > UKC Coonhounds > Breeds > Redbones > How many
  Last Thread   Next Thread
Author
Thread Post New Thread    Post A Reply
BLAKE WHEELER
UKC Forum Member

How many

How many of the redbone hunters are diehard comp hunters? You spend weeks getting one tuned up to go to a hunt whether its for hunting for titles or hunting for $. If you don't have a hunt coming up you seem to back off from hunting some and take a breather until the next hunt rolls around then you start back hunting most every night. I mean diehard as in if they stopped comp hunts all together to would probably find a new hobby.

Report this post to a moderator | IP: Logged

Old Post 01-30-2020 06:56 PM
BLAKE WHEELER is offline Click Here to See the Profile for BLAKE WHEELER Click here to Send BLAKE WHEELER a Private Message Click Here to Email BLAKE WHEELER Find more posts by BLAKE WHEELER Add BLAKE WHEELER to your buddy list Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote
Adam Wingler
UKC Forum Member

I see nobody has replied yet

You're the only one. Ha.

Old Post 02-03-2020 01:17 PM
Adam Wingler is offline Click Here to See the Profile for Adam Wingler Click here to Send Adam Wingler a Private Message Click Here to Email Adam Wingler Find more posts by Adam Wingler Add Adam Wingler to your buddy list Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote
Richard Lambert
UKC Forum Member

I don't really know what I would do. I thought about it but don't really know. "Pleasure" hunting is not as with much fun as it used to be. Just about all of my old buddies have quit. There aren't that many places to hunt around my house. If there were no more comp hunts, I would probably travel up North and pleasure hunt occasionly. I go to comp hunts now to pleasure hunt with friends. I am getting ready now to go to Batesville, Ms to hang out with the Deer Creek Cartel and pleasure hunt Wed and Thursday night's.

Last edited by Richard Lambert on 02-04-2020 at 01:01 AM

Old Post 02-04-2020 12:56 AM
Richard Lambert is online now Click Here to See the Profile for Richard Lambert Click here to Send Richard Lambert a Private Message Click Here to Email Richard Lambert Find more posts by Richard Lambert Add Richard Lambert to your buddy list Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote
Adam Wingler
UKC Forum Member

quote:
Originally posted by Richard Lambert
I don't really know what I would do. I thought about it but don't really know. "Pleasure" hunting is not as with much fun as it used to be. Just about all of my old buddies have quit. There aren't that many places to hunt around my house. If there were no more comp hunts, I would probably travel up North and pleasure hunt occasionly. I go to comp hunts now to pleasure hunt with friends. I am getting ready now to go to Batesville, Ms to hang out with the Deer Creek Cartel and pleasure hunt Wed and Thursday night's.

I've been on a comp hunt with you...it wasn't all that pleasurable. baha!

Old Post 02-04-2020 01:24 PM
Adam Wingler is offline Click Here to See the Profile for Adam Wingler Click here to Send Adam Wingler a Private Message Click Here to Email Adam Wingler Find more posts by Adam Wingler Add Adam Wingler to your buddy list Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote
Richard Lambert
UKC Forum Member

I just wanted to have fun but one guy just wanted to argue. And it isn't much fun when nobody's dog can tree a coon.

Old Post 02-04-2020 03:08 PM
Richard Lambert is online now Click Here to See the Profile for Richard Lambert Click here to Send Richard Lambert a Private Message Click Here to Email Richard Lambert Find more posts by Richard Lambert Add Richard Lambert to your buddy list Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote
Adam Wingler
UKC Forum Member

quote:
I just wanted to have fun but one guy just wanted to argue. And it isn't much fun when nobody's dog can tree a coon.

You mean you still don't think they was a coon in that walker's tree?

Old Post 02-04-2020 08:00 PM
Richard Lambert
UKC Forum Member

Which tree, the one he was actually on or the one he changed his mind and said that he was on? And I don't think that we treed a coon all night.
That cast wasn't much fun at the time at the time but looking back, it was pretty hilarious.

Old Post 02-04-2020 09:34 PM
Adam Wingler
UKC Forum Member

Yea it was kinda ugly. Boone and Mac made a den each and Boone a pine so big the fog blocked us out. I bet you forgot that boys tho...you promised him you never would! 🤣

Old Post 02-05-2020 02:22 AM
Richard Lambert
UKC Forum Member

I have seen worse. One night on a hunt, I got a piece of paper out and borrowed the judges pencil and wrote 2 boys names down and put it in my billfold. They circled a tree because it "must have" had a hole in it even though we couldn't see it and the tree wasn't hollow. They said that their dogs never slick treed.

Old Post 02-05-2020 01:51 PM
Donnie Stevens
UKC Forum Member

quote:
. One night on a hunt, I got a piece of paper out and borrowed the judges pencil and wrote 2 boys names down and put it in my billfold. :

Richard would you consider that an IOU Lol

Old Post 02-05-2020 03:38 PM
Donnie Stevens is offline Click Here to See the Profile for Donnie Stevens Click here to Send Donnie Stevens a Private Message Find more posts by Donnie Stevens Add Donnie Stevens to your buddy list Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote
Richard Lambert
UKC Forum Member

That is what I told them.

Old Post 02-06-2020 01:28 PM