UKC Forums UKC Website :: Hunting Ops :: All-Breed Sports :: Registration :: UKC Online Store
Here you can view your subscribed threads, work with private messages and edit your profile and preferences Registration is free! Calendar Find other members Frequently Asked Questions Search Home  
UKC Forums : Powered by vBulletin version 2.3.0 UKC Forums > Departments > UKC Coonhounds > Breeds > Black & Tans > Nt.Ch./Silver Ch. Swamp Rat POISON
Pages (2): [1] 2 »   Last Thread   Next Thread
Author
Thread Post New Thread    Post A Reply
nick miller
UKC Forum Member

Nt.Ch./Silver Ch. Swamp Rat POISON

Fellow hunters, Its not really my style to get on this internet and blow on a dog but when you see one that really catches your eye its hard not to give him the props!! I haven't typed a post about a dog that really caught my eye since the first time hunting with Riverside Snoopy 10yr ago, Poison is a hard hustling dog that goes hard every drop, hes naturally independent and has that little extra we all want in a dog called "desire". Myself Jerrod Leathers and Travis Hauck spent last weekend hunting with poison and all came away feeling good about the future of the breed if we can get some more baby poisons on the ground! We cut him 6 straight times and looked at 6 coon any where from 300yds off the tailgate to mile away. This is just my opinion and we all like different things in a hound but poison DOES IT for me. Hes not perfect and all hounds can be beat but keep in mind this dude is just turning 2.5 yr old and has a very bright future, he has competed and won at the highest level already having placed 3rd in the sophomore ss. Go read the play by play of poions final cast in the ss last year, if you don't like your dog to operate like that Then we have nothing in common LOL. Ok ive rambled but cant wait to see what this guy could reproduce.

Poison is loaded with coondogs on both sides of his pedigree, His sire is the most perfect put together bnt male ive seen (IMO) Gr.nt ch Troubador! His momma is the greatGr.nt.ch Whites black river hazel owned by lee and dana white.

Thanks to the Coble family for taking us hunting and showing us the coondog this breed is starving for. I have a video of poison treed on my phone and no idea how to post it, if someone can post a text message video on here please let me know and I will send it to you.

Report this post to a moderator | IP: Logged

Old Post 07-06-2013 01:36 PM
nick miller is offline Click Here to See the Profile for nick miller Click here to Send nick miller a Private Message Click Here to Email nick miller Find more posts by nick miller Add nick miller to your buddy list Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote
toddwicks
UKC Forum Member

Sounds good Nick, I would like to see him go. I have saw Hazel and Troubles go. Hazel had the gitty up and go and Trubs is a treedaaawwwg. Im certain Poison is nice.
Congrats Lee and Jordon. I dont doubt Mr. Millers words one bit. Now when is Poison headed SOUTH.?

2011 RQE NEWPORT,TN 5 TH PLACE
2011 WORLD Qualifier
2011 BnT Days Cast Winner
2012 Cast Winner TN State
2012 3 rd Place Grnt,s BNT days
2012 World Qualifier Meigs Cnty RQE 4 rth place
2012 zones Virginia 4rth place
2012 TOP 100 WORLD HUNT
2013 4th high scoring dog fri night,TN State
2014 World Qualifier

Nt Ch Hammers Black Bear
2014 World Qualifier

Nt Ch Hammers Bigtime Drama
2014 World Qualifier

Old Post 07-06-2013 03:18 PM
toddwicks is offline Click Here to See the Profile for toddwicks Click here to Send toddwicks a Private Message Click Here to Email toddwicks Find more posts by toddwicks Add toddwicks to your buddy list Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote
bryon mcelhaney
UKC Forum Member

Nick,I have heard from several people that has hunted with poison they all say the same thing you just said.Must be a super nice dog,Would like to see him in action.

Rockwood Tn (865)617-2399

GRCH GRNTCH Black Creek Slamin Lucy HTX
CH NTCH Black Creek Bodacious Blk Bart

Old Post 07-06-2013 03:42 PM
bryon mcelhaney is offline Click Here to See the Profile for bryon mcelhaney Click here to Send bryon mcelhaney a Private Message Click Here to Email bryon mcelhaney Find more posts by bryon mcelhaney Add bryon mcelhaney to your buddy list Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote
SEKY Coonhunter
UKC Forum Member

Team Troubles is Rollin! Good luck guys keep on keepin on!

Nathan Nantz
nantz54@msn.com

Old Post 07-06-2013 11:53 PM
SEKY Coonhunter is offline Click Here to See the Profile for SEKY Coonhunter Click here to Send SEKY Coonhunter a Private Message Click Here to Email SEKY Coonhunter Find more posts by SEKY Coonhunter Add SEKY Coonhunter to your buddy list Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote
James Tolliver
UKC Forum Member

No doubt Poison is all Nick say's he is or he would NOT make a statement like that!
It's nice to know where that kind of dogpower is located.

Ph. 740- 710- 6435

Home of:
'PR'Party Time Ann.

GrNiteCh,'PR'Tolliver's Black Oak Ace, - Some of the Greatest Memories.

Past Home of:
GrNiteCh,'PR'Smokey 7
GrNiteCh,'PR'Roberts Dix River Party Girl
NiteCh,'PR'Tolliver's Party Queen
NiteCh,'PR'Kansas Smokin Lizzy
NiteCh,'PR'Late Nite Banker
NiteCh,'PR'Uptown Extreme Shooter
NiteCh,'PR'Tolliver's Boaz

Old Post 07-07-2013 01:40 AM
James Tolliver is offline Click Here to See the Profile for James Tolliver Click here to Send James Tolliver a Private Message Click Here to Email James Tolliver Find more posts by James Tolliver Add James Tolliver to your buddy list Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote
toddwicks
UKC Forum Member

Lee ,told me a year ago at BnT days,POISON was gonna be nice.
Wish you and Cobles the best of luck with him. If ya bring him down
South,I sure would like to go hunting with him. You know how much i liked Hazel. I wanna see how many of her characteristics he has.
Is Poison the tree dog Troubles is ?

2011 WORLD Qualifier
2012 TOP 100 WORLD HUNT
2014 World Qualifier

Nt Ch Hammers Black Bear
2014 World Qualifier

2014 World Qualifier

Old Post 07-09-2013 03:10 AM
toddwicks is offline Click Here to See the Profile for toddwicks Click here to Send toddwicks a Private Message Click Here to Email toddwicks Find more posts by toddwicks Add toddwicks to your buddy list Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote
blackdawg
UKC Forum Member

I wish them all the luck in the world with Poison. He's proven he can win BIG!

Brock Smith
H- 606-633-7730
C- 606-369-7317

Old Post 07-09-2013 03:23 AM
blackdawg is offline Click Here to See the Profile for blackdawg Click here to Send blackdawg a Private Message Click Here to Email blackdawg Find more posts by blackdawg Add blackdawg to your buddy list Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote
DAVID FELTMAN
UKC Forum Member

Wow!!! That's the kind of stuff that a fella likes to hear about a dog!!! Good Luck with him and I hope I get to hunt with him sometime,

Old Post 07-09-2013 10:38 AM
DAVID FELTMAN is offline Click Here to See the Profile for DAVID FELTMAN Click here to Send DAVID FELTMAN a Private Message Click Here to Email DAVID FELTMAN Find more posts by DAVID FELTMAN Add DAVID FELTMAN to your buddy list Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote
CHERRY VALLEY
UKC Forum Member

Poison

I have been amazed by this dog since the first time I hunted with him at 13 mo old. He is just a pure pleasure to see in action. I have seen him tree coon in swamps, snow, and hills, and each time it looks like it gets easier for him. He is the real deal and has proven so with his wins at this young age.For those of you who are wondering what kind of treedog poison is, well he sounds like a 3 dog cast Treed when he trees everytime. He has lots of drive and desire to tree coon.

Congrats to Lee and the Cobles on the success of this fine hound. This is just a just sample of their hardwork and dedication to their hounds and this sport.

GR CH GRNTCH GREEN'S ROUGH RIVER KY FANCY
PKC CH GRNTCH COBLE'S INDIANA BLK TRACY
NTCH GILLUM'S KY RIVER QUEEN
PKC CH GRNTCH COBLE AND STOCKING STINGER
BLACKLAND BABE

Old Post 07-09-2013 12:58 PM
CHERRY VALLEY is offline Click Here to See the Profile for CHERRY VALLEY Click here to Send CHERRY VALLEY a Private Message Click Here to Email CHERRY VALLEY Find more posts by CHERRY VALLEY Add CHERRY VALLEY to your buddy list Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote
john guinn
UKC Forum Member

i have hunted with both poison and trubs and guys im here to tell you that you cant ask for 2 better put together studs out there i had the priviledge of guidin poinson at s.s and he was awesome put you also cant ask for a better bunch of guys then the ones that own him randy & jordan coble and lee stockin you guys have done a ****n good job with both dogs

NITECH 'PR' BLACKWATER BUD owned by Sean Jenkins and Paige Guinn - 2012 B&T days cast winner - 2012 BBCHA FALL ROUND UP 2nd place nitech winner
Nitech 'PR' JENKINS OL' CROW owned by Sean Jenkins and John Guinn (Gone But Not Forgotten 9/02/2014)
phone 618-572-0287

Old Post 07-10-2013 02:18 AM
john guinn is offline Click Here to See the Profile for john guinn Click here to Send john guinn a Private Message Click Here to Email john guinn Find more posts by john guinn Add john guinn to your buddy list Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote
Sonny Phipps
UKC Forum Member

I have never been in the woods with poison, but if you guys don't stop all this bragging some of the "Great" and multi screen name guys will start feeling threatened!!!!

Good luck to him and all the other young powerhouse black dogs1

Old Post 07-10-2013 03:28 PM
Sonny Phipps is offline Click Here to See the Profile for Sonny Phipps Click here to Send Sonny Phipps a Private Message Click Here to Email Sonny Phipps Find more posts by Sonny Phipps Add Sonny Phipps to your buddy list Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote
Billy George
UKC Forum Member

Good luck with him, can't wait to see him go someday..

PR B and B's Smokin' Willie

"PR"B and B's Coon Doctor
( Gr.Nite Ch.Bee Creek Dr.Max xGr.Nite Ch. Moonshine Maggie)

Past Home of:

Nite Ch. "PR"B and B's Smokin' Misty (2007-2018)

Nite Ch B&B's Black Hoss (1992-2003)

Nite Ch.Gr.Ch. Shaker Hill Mr. Grubbs (2003-2011)

Old Post 07-11-2013 09:35 PM
Billy George is offline Click Here to See the Profile for Billy George Click here to Send Billy George a Private Message Click Here to Email Billy George Visit Billy George's homepage! Find more posts by Billy George Add Billy George to your buddy list Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote
Lee Stocking
UKC Forum Member

Im not going to elaborate on his high points, that might cause him or us problems by being jinxed. Weve lost some casts, but we are batting much better than average in the winners circle. Poison has to be one of the youngest Silver CH black and tan dogs alive. Hes very exciting to hunt and we are very very proud of this young male and his father. Also very happy with Dee his littermate. They could have easily been a GRNTCH as a one year old however with Poison we have set our goal to Platinum CH and the GRNTCH degree will happen when it happens.
Most don't know we had Troubles in a late round cast at the SS and got caught up in the buddy system. Jordan and Troubles treed two coon alone and the three dog cast two buddies went blind on him. Troubles should have been in the Semi-finals. DEE was sitting all alone in her late round cast all she had to have was "The Bacon" and was parked under a den tree, she would have been in the Semi-finals. I know I know, not good enough we weren't sitting in the finals but I can ASSURE everyone that our cast wins have been won with all dog, no handling. Except for B&T days I made a poor decision to circle a obvious slick tree and was glad we didn't have enough score to place.(relieved)
We appreciate the positive comments and we wish everyone the best of luck getting those black dawgs in the winners circle.

Poison Jacking the tree back in the winter.

Poison split/treed sometime last week.

Poison last January

This is Dee, one of todays finest gyps IMO alive.

NTCH PKCSilverCH Coble & Stocking's Swamp Rat Poison

NTCH Coble & Stocking's Stinger (GRNTCH Troubles x GRNTCH Fancy)

NTCH ACHA WReserve Team Troubles Trippy
Black & Tan

Last edited by Lee Stocking on 07-15-2013 at 07:43 PM

Old Post 07-15-2013 07:20 PM
Lee Stocking is offline Click Here to See the Profile for Lee Stocking Click here to Send Lee Stocking a Private Message Click Here to Email Lee Stocking Find more posts by Lee Stocking Add Lee Stocking to your buddy list Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote
DANA WHITE
UKC Forum Member

That is some good stuff Lee we have come a long way from the Sally and Victor cross heading in the right direction i think dogs that can hold there own with any thing

Old Post 07-15-2013 08:32 PM
DANA WHITE is offline Click Here to See the Profile for DANA WHITE Click here to Send DANA WHITE a Private Message Click Here to Email DANA WHITE Find more posts by DANA WHITE Add DANA WHITE to your buddy list Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote
Nathan Callihan
UKC Forum Member

Good read. Best of luck in your future hunting

Old Post 07-15-2013 08:46 PM
Nathan Callihan is offline Click Here to See the Profile for Nathan Callihan Click here to Send Nathan Callihan a Private Message Click Here to Email Nathan Callihan Find more posts by Nathan Callihan Add Nathan Callihan to your buddy list Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote
Lee Stocking
UKC Forum Member

Thank You Nathan I have responded to your pm

Dana a few of us, myself and Chad Mcoin have sure enough figured out how to benefit from your hard work. All but one of the Victor x Sally cross made good competition hounds and the one I culled ran and treed his own just had other issues. Sally, her mother and Hazel right there is three generations of coondog gyps and what ever is behind them from you and Freeland. I want to publicly say "Thank You" for allowing me to be a part of Hazel She is one of the best.

Black & Tan

Old Post 07-15-2013 11:47 PM
Lee Stocking is offline Click Here to See the Profile for Lee Stocking Click here to Send Lee Stocking a Private Message Click Here to Email Lee Stocking Find more posts by Lee Stocking Add Lee Stocking to your buddy list Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote
toddwicks
UKC Forum Member

Excuse me. Mr Stocking. Would it be to much TROUBLES for you to post Hazels Ped ?

2011 WORLD Qualifier
2012 TOP 100 WORLD HUNT
2014 World Qualifier

Nt Ch Hammers Black Bear
2014 World Qualifier

2014 World Qualifier

Last edited by toddwicks on 07-17-2013 at 12:16 AM

Old Post 07-17-2013 12:06 AM
Reece Samuelson
UKC Forum Member

Sonny theres a lot of truth to that lol....but I have had the chance to walk along with poison and I liked a lot of things about him ....keep up the good work guys

Old Post 07-17-2013 03:33 AM
Reece Samuelson is offline Click Here to See the Profile for Reece Samuelson Click here to Send Reece Samuelson a Private Message Click Here to Email Reece Samuelson Find more posts by Reece Samuelson Add Reece Samuelson to your buddy list Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote
Lee Stocking
UKC Forum Member

Those three nights of hunting in IA absolutely walked my legs off (I loved it)...

Hazel is our of GoldCH GRNTCH Dark Hollow Victor x Black River Sally (Dana Whites breeding)

Black & Tan

Old Post 07-17-2013 02:12 PM
Reece Samuelson
UKC Forum Member

well its a good thing its easy flat walking out there in Nausha Mr. Stocking haha

Old Post 07-20-2013 02:08 AM
Reece Samuelson is offline Click Here to See the Profile for Reece Samuelson Click here to Send Reece Samuelson a Private Message Click Here to Email Reece Samuelson Find more posts by Reece Samuelson Add Reece Samuelson to your buddy list Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote
Coble black tan
UKC Forum Member

An this dogs only bred 3 gyps!! Nick miller you still remember this night? Only needs 1500$ to make gold ch

Damon Coble

FIND US ON FACEBOOK Coble and Stocking kennel.

" PKC CH GR NT CH COBLE AND STOCKING TROUBADOUR"

Pkc Gold ch pr Gr by ch Coble and Stockings stylish swamp rat Poison

Pkc Silver CH Nite ch Coble n Stockings Poison Sumac

GONE BUT NEVER FORGOTTEN...

"PKC CH GRNTCH COBLE INDIANA BLACK SPIKE"

"PKC CH GRNTCH COBLE INDIANA BLACK JACK"

"PKC CH GRNTCH COBLE INDIANA BLK QUEEN" half owner with Jeremiah Melin

Old Post 08-18-2015 10:36 PM
Coble black tan is offline Click Here to See the Profile for Coble black tan Click here to Send Coble black tan a Private Message Find more posts by Coble black tan Add Coble black tan to your buddy list Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote
Riverbottom Ron
UKC Forum Member

GUYS

LEE RANDY AND EVERYBODY IT LOOKS LIKE YOU GUYS HAVE IT GOIN ON WITH POISION GOOD LUCK WITH HIM IN THE FUTURE AND YOU ALL HAVE A BLESSED ONE ,,,FROM THE RIVERBOTTOM,,,RON

ALWAYS REMEMBER GOD GAVE US FRIENDS AND COONHOUNDS, " I AM A GREATLY BLESSED",HIGHLY FAVORED" " IMPERFECT BUT FORGIVEN CHILD OF GOD "KEEP YOUR {FAITH IN GOD } FAITH SEES THE INVISIBLE,BELIEVES THE INCREDIBLE,AND RECIEVES THE IMPOSSIBLE. WERE BLESSED !!

Old Post 08-18-2015 11:03 PM
Riverbottom Ron is offline Click Here to See the Profile for Riverbottom Ron Click here to Send Riverbottom Ron a Private Message Find more posts by Riverbottom Ron Add Riverbottom Ron to your buddy list Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote
nick miller
UKC Forum Member

I remember it like yesterday!!! I also remember leaving the next night just before the law showed up to check out of state licenses lol

Old Post 08-19-2015 12:07 AM
nick miller is offline Click Here to See the Profile for nick miller Click here to Send nick miller a Private Message Click Here to Email nick miller Find more posts by nick miller Add nick miller to your buddy list Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote
Coble black tan
UKC Forum Member

Yes indeed that did happen luckily he wasn't an a$$ an left the guys standing at the truck alone

Damon Coble

FIND US ON FACEBOOK Coble and Stocking kennel.

" PKC CH GR NT CH COBLE AND STOCKING TROUBADOUR"

Pkc Gold ch pr Gr by ch Coble and Stockings stylish swamp rat Poison

Pkc Silver CH Nite ch Coble n Stockings Poison Sumac

GONE BUT NEVER FORGOTTEN...

"PKC CH GRNTCH COBLE INDIANA BLACK SPIKE"

"PKC CH GRNTCH COBLE INDIANA BLACK JACK"

"PKC CH GRNTCH COBLE INDIANA BLK QUEEN" half owner with Jeremiah Melin

Old Post 08-19-2015 12:22 AM
Coble black tan is offline Click Here to See the Profile for Coble black tan Click here to Send Coble black tan a Private Message Find more posts by Coble black tan Add Coble black tan to your buddy list Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote
Lovis Burns
UKC Forum Member

Now that's how a dog is suppose to tree!!!

Midnight Thunder Black & Tans

GRNITECH CH PKC CH ‘PR’ Midnight Thunder Black Steel - (Ch GrNiteCh'PR' Northern Lights Doc x NITECH 'PR' Blues Band Gypsy Woman) - $630.66 PKC

GRNITECH GRCH 'PR' Midnight Thunder Final Destiny - (GrNiteCh 'PR' First Class Super Stud x GrNiteCh GrCh 'PR' Midnight Thunder Black Desire) - - PKC $54.00

Up and Coming

Like us on Facebook
Midnight Thunder Black & Tans

Lovis Burns
910-874-4650

Use and Recommend
Bright Eyes Lights
Inukshuk Dog Food

Old Post 08-19-2015 12:48 PM
Lovis Burns is offline Click Here to See the Profile for Lovis Burns Click here to Send Lovis Burns a Private Message Click Here to Email Lovis Burns Visit Lovis Burns's homepage! Find more posts by Lovis Burns Add Lovis Burns to your buddy list Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote