UKC Forums UKC Website :: Hunting Ops :: All-Breed Sports :: Registration :: UKC Online Store
Here you can view your subscribed threads, work with private messages and edit your profile and preferences Registration is free! Calendar Find other members Frequently Asked Questions Search Home  
UKC Forums : Powered by vBulletin version 2.3.0 UKC Forums > Departments > UKC Coonhounds > Breeds > Redbones > 16 Red Dog shootout at Nat'l Days!!!
Pages (6): [1] 2 3 » ... Last »   Last Thread   Next Thread
Author
Thread Post New Thread    Post A Reply
Adam Wingler
UKC Forum Member

16 Red Dog shootout at Nat'l Days!!!

Jared set the stage for this hunt last summer in Indiana, and now it's in Jesse Boley's backyard so we're gonna give it another go. It seemed to be a huge success thanks to Jared, so we don't plan on ranging too far from his design. Those who missed it...well, ya missed it! Don't miss this one. A calcutta was held as well and nearly doubled the first place winner pot.

Here are the details:

Date: 7/3/19
Entry: $100 limited to 16 dogs.
Payout: 1st-$550 2nd-$350 3rd-$175 4th-$125 (remaining funds go to supper for everyone and paying of judges/guides)

-Non hunting judges each round.

-No limit to entries per owner, only requirement is to be a UKC registered redbone with proof provided at entry.

-UKC rules with exception to placement of cast winners and possum (you possum lovers can tree all ya want and take the minus to go with it).

-Squalling allowed immediately as shine time begins.

-Tree countdown, after 1st minute 2nd tree is dead, after 2nd minute 3rd tree is dead.

-First round 90 minutes, final round 60 minutes.

-No splitting, final 4 required to hunt.

-Multiple dogs under same ownership will be split up as long as it remains a possibility.

-Any question on round 1 requiring a panel is a $50 fee that'll be made up of the other non-hunting judges. On final round, every effort will be made to have a panel on standby.

Obviously if the entries are less than 16, the hunt will still be a go but the payout will change.

Any questions please ask.

To reserve your entry, send half now ($50) to Adam Wingler 1105 Iris Pl Granite Falls NC 28630. Cash/money order/check. Include your name and phone # in the envelope if I don't already have it. And if you're local to Jesse you can hand him your entry deposit as well.

I'll regularly keep the list updated here under this post.

Again, I personally thought it was a ton of fun, everyone else appeared to agree so I hope we can keep this going.

ENTRIES THUS FAR PENDING DEPOSITS:

1-Blake Wheeler (entry paid)
2-Chase Wheeler (entry paid)
3-Shane Maxey (paid)
4-Kevin Travis (paid deposit)
5-Will Barnes (paid)
6-Doug McCombs (paid)
7-Adam Wingler (paid)
8-Allen Hallada (paid)
9-Tim Figg
10-Taylor Case (paid)
11-James Atwell (paid)
12-Richard Lambert (paid)
13-Scott Perky (deposit paid)
14-Gary Johnston (entry paid)
15-Jesse Griven
16-Richard Lambert

Last edited by Adam Wingler on 07-01-2019 at 03:29 PM

Report this post to a moderator | IP: Logged

Old Post 05-30-2019 03:48 PM
Adam Wingler is offline Click Here to See the Profile for Adam Wingler Click here to Send Adam Wingler a Private Message Click Here to Email Adam Wingler Find more posts by Adam Wingler Add Adam Wingler to your buddy list Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote
BLAKE WHEELER
UKC Forum Member

I know we had a blast last year. I like the possum deal, no tree countdown?

Old Post 05-30-2019 04:06 PM
BLAKE WHEELER is offline Click Here to See the Profile for BLAKE WHEELER Click here to Send BLAKE WHEELER a Private Message Click Here to Email BLAKE WHEELER Find more posts by BLAKE WHEELER Add BLAKE WHEELER to your buddy list Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote
jkhutch
UKC Forum Member

Love it guys!! I will try to get an entry but got to wait till the date is a little closer to know if I can make it due to work. I’m going on a fishing trip the last week of June so it will depend on how busy I am at work.

GRNTCH PKC Ch PR Hutch's Big Walnut Boone HTX DNA-V(Haze X Reba)-
2 Time UKC World Top 100
UKC World Top 20 (13th)
UKC Purina Redbone of the year
PKC Redbone CH
UKC Top Producers List
UKC Winter Classic High Scoring Redbone
Co owned with Richard Lambert

GrNtCh PKC Ch One Chance Fancy- (Boone X Toadie)
2018 Autumn Oaks Grand 16
2018 Grand National Redbone
2018 Redbones Days RQE 1st Place

Walkers-
NTCh PKC CH Jeb’s Finley River Peanut- Co owned with Bishop Stallcop
Claremont PKC Legacy hunt Final 4
PKC Breeders Showcase Final 4

Old Post 05-30-2019 05:57 PM
jkhutch is offline Click Here to See the Profile for jkhutch Click here to Send jkhutch a Private Message Find more posts by jkhutch Add jkhutch to your buddy list Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote
Adam Wingler
UKC Forum Member

quote:
Originally posted by BLAKE WHEELER
I know we had a blast last year. I like the possum deal, no tree countdown?

I don’t have a problem with that, I forgot we did that.

Old Post 05-30-2019 06:13 PM
Adam Wingler is offline Click Here to See the Profile for Adam Wingler Click here to Send Adam Wingler a Private Message Click Here to Email Adam Wingler Find more posts by Adam Wingler Add Adam Wingler to your buddy list Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote
Adam Wingler
UKC Forum Member

Update...hunt date changed to Wednesday the 3rd. Correction made above.

6 entries headed my way already!

Old Post 05-30-2019 09:31 PM
Adam Wingler
UKC Forum Member

Make that 7, you boys and girls better hurry up, halfway full already.

Old Post 05-31-2019 01:13 AM
Richard Lambert
UKC Forum Member

Where will the draw out be held and who is cooking supper? Will every cast have a randomly drawn non hunting guide?

Old Post 05-31-2019 02:57 PM
Richard Lambert is offline Click Here to See the Profile for Richard Lambert Click here to Send Richard Lambert a Private Message Click Here to Email Richard Lambert Find more posts by Richard Lambert Add Richard Lambert to your buddy list Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote
Adam Wingler
UKC Forum Member

quote:
Originally posted by Richard Lambert
Where will the draw out be held and who is cooking supper? Will every cast have a randomly drawn non hunting guide?

I'll get you an address when needed, and you're cooking, didn't Slick tell you?

And it'll be as random as possible, but with the amount of coon around that place, and the fact they don't even know what a bucket feeder is, you shouldn't be concerned.

So, send your money, but not that old confederate stuff, real bills please.

Old Post 05-31-2019 03:07 PM
Richard Lambert
UKC Forum Member

Will you take a check? Will free beverages be provided with the supper? Why don't we meet and eat at the Pizza Place? We might never leave.

Old Post 05-31-2019 04:19 PM
Richard Lambert is offline Click Here to See the Profile for Richard Lambert Click here to Send Richard Lambert a Private Message Click Here to Email Richard Lambert Find more posts by Richard Lambert Add Richard Lambert to your buddy list Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote
BLAKE WHEELER
UKC Forum Member

Can we write a iou for the panel $$?

Old Post 05-31-2019 04:22 PM
BLAKE WHEELER is offline Click Here to See the Profile for BLAKE WHEELER Click here to Send BLAKE WHEELER a Private Message Click Here to Email BLAKE WHEELER Find more posts by BLAKE WHEELER Add BLAKE WHEELER to your buddy list Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote
BLAKE WHEELER
UKC Forum Member

quote:
Will you take a check? Will free beverages be provided with the supper? Why don't we meet and eat at the Pizza Place? We might never leave.

He likes paypal lol

Old Post 05-31-2019 04:24 PM
Adam Wingler
UKC Forum Member

quote:
Will you take a check?

Yup...that's why i said "cash/money order/check"

If it bounces Blake will cover you.

Old Post 05-31-2019 04:32 PM
Richard Lambert
UKC Forum Member

Will Pro handlers be allowed? I need to check with mine to see if his all stars baseball tournament will be over.

Old Post 05-31-2019 04:39 PM
BLAKE WHEELER
UKC Forum Member

Richard

Is your hired handler from last year hunting this year?

Old Post 05-31-2019 05:08 PM
Adam Wingler
UKC Forum Member

quote:
Will Pro handlers be allowed? I need to check with mine to see if his all stars baseball tournament will be over. ]

I told Jared he better get Garrett signed up if he wanted a chance to be in that final cast!

Old Post 05-31-2019 07:29 PM
Richard Lambert
UKC Forum Member

Adam, that goes for bofus.

Old Post 05-31-2019 08:22 PM
Hoosier Outlaw
UKC Forum Member

quote:

Why in the world would you want a non hunting guide in a place like southern Michigan?
I can see why folks would want a non hunting judge....but who is going to put you on more coons....a hunting guide or a non hunting guide?
My bet would be a hunting guide....
When your hunting in a coon zoo where every cast will see lots of coons no matter where they go...I dont see what advantage a guide has over any other handler in the cast. Maybe down south where they use feeders or a guides dog just knows where it need to go to strike a coon...but in Michigan there will be no advantage to guiding other than making sure you cut the dogs in safe places....something a non hunting guide may not care as much about because they dont have to worry about their dog getting hit on the road or shot by a land owner...

Hoosier Outlaw / Moonlight Redbones
1994 American Redbone Coonhound Association Hunter of the Year
My first 3 redbones raised from pup's were:
Dual Gr.Ch. Outlaw Billy the Kid
Dual Gr.Ch.- PKC Ch. Outlaw Timber Girl
Dual Gr.Ch. Outlaw Scarlett Fever
(((( Current Favorites ))))
2013 AKC Ladies World Champion
Gr.Nt.Ch.- PKC Ch- AKC Ladies World Ch Ky Moonlight Breanna
Gr.Nt.Ch. - PKC Ch. Ky Moonlight Woody
Dual Grand Moonlight Deana
Dual Grand Ch.- PKC Ch. Moonlight AfterShock
Dual Grand Nighty Night Amber
Gr.Nt.Ch. Moonlight Big Time Britt
Gr.Nt.Ch Outlaw Billy Jean
Gr.Nt.Ch-PKC Ch.-2015 PKC Red Days Champ Outlaw Cherry Bomb
Gr.Nt.Ch Outlaw Breeze
Gr.Nt.Ch.Gr.Ch. All Grand Outlaw G-Man (over $20.000 won in PKC & CHKC) 2019 Southern Redbone Days Overall Champion
Gr.Nt.Ch. Moonlight Outlaw Mac
Gr.Nt.Ch. Classy Cali (Heavy Outlaw bred)
Gr.Nt.Ch. Moonlight Cat Scratch Fever
Gr.Nt.Ch. Moonlight Addiction
Gr.Nt.Ch. Moonlight Overdose
Gr.Nt.Ch. Moonlight Jinx
Gr.Nt.Ch. Moonlight Banshee
"Always outnumbered...Never outgunned!"
To enjoy lots of pics and videos of out redbones, find me on Facebook
as Shenandoah Maxey

Old Post 05-31-2019 09:36 PM
Hoosier Outlaw is offline Click Here to See the Profile for Hoosier Outlaw Click here to Send Hoosier Outlaw a Private Message Click Here to Email Hoosier Outlaw Find more posts by Hoosier Outlaw Add Hoosier Outlaw to your buddy list Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote
Richard Lambert
UKC Forum Member

Can I guide my cast?

Old Post 05-31-2019 10:18 PM
Adam Wingler
UKC Forum Member

quote:
Can I guide my cast?

Back to TN? Sure. We’ll even give you a one dog cast, good luck making deadline. 😋

Old Post 06-01-2019 02:04 AM
Richard Lambert
UKC Forum Member

I have spots in Michigan marked on my GPS.

Old Post 06-01-2019 04:52 AM
Richard Lambert
UKC Forum Member

Any more entries? Will spectators be allowed?

Old Post 06-01-2019 02:29 PM
Adam Wingler
UKC Forum Member

quote:
Any more entries? Will spectators be allowed?

Up to 10, updates above.

I don’t wanna get too crazy on spectators if we can help it out of respect for the landowners/guides.

Old Post 06-01-2019 06:16 PM
Richard Lambert
UKC Forum Member

Spectators are half of the fun. They add a little color. The handlers are always too serious.

Old Post 06-01-2019 06:55 PM
Adam Wingler
UKC Forum Member

quote:
Spectators are half of the fun. They add a little color. The handlers are always too serious.

You’ve said that before, I didn’t forget. 😛

Old Post 06-01-2019 10:26 PM
Adam Wingler
UKC Forum Member

12 entries...pending deposits. Updated above.

Last edited by Adam Wingler on 06-02-2019 at 08:54 PM

Old Post 06-02-2019 03:46 PM