UKC Forums UKC Website :: Hunting Ops :: All-Breed Sports :: Registration :: UKC Online Store
Here you can view your subscribed threads, work with private messages and edit your profile and preferences Registration is free! Calendar Find other members Frequently Asked Questions Search Home  
UKC Forums : Powered by vBulletin version 2.3.0 UKC Forums > Departments > UKC Coonhounds > Alpha
  Last Thread   Next Thread
Author
Thread Post New Thread    Post A Reply
Tad Banks
UKC Forum Member

Alpha

Could someone please explain to me how to use the garmin alpha to be able to track back to my truck after a hunt. Could you explain from the start of hunt till you start back and reach the truck I have only had the alpha a week and still trying to figure it out. Thank you in advance

Report this post to a moderator | IP: Logged

Old Post 09-19-2018 01:33 AM
Tad Banks is offline Click Here to See the Profile for Tad Banks Click here to Send Tad Banks a Private Message Find more posts by Tad Banks Add Tad Banks to your buddy list Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote
Chuck Allen
UKC Forum Member

hit new hunt then clear all dog tracks and statistics hit yes then mark location has truck hit yes.

When the law of the land becomes unjust outlaws will rise to take their place in history.

Old Post 09-19-2018 04:16 AM
Chuck Allen is offline Click Here to See the Profile for Chuck Allen Click here to Send Chuck Allen a Private Message Find more posts by Chuck Allen Add Chuck Allen to your buddy list Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote
Chuck Allen
UKC Forum Member

I do this every time I hunt and at each new location every night.

When the law of the land becomes unjust outlaws will rise to take their place in history.

Old Post 09-19-2018 04:17 AM
Chuck Allen is offline Click Here to See the Profile for Chuck Allen Click here to Send Chuck Allen a Private Message Find more posts by Chuck Allen Add Chuck Allen to your buddy list Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote
Bruce m. Conkey
UKC Forum Member

The simplist way for me is to just follow my track back. The alpha will leave a track on the screen just like a dog track is left on the screen. When you start to leave the tree just look at the map page and that track. You can follow it exactly or cut some corners and get back on it.

Old Post 09-19-2018 09:09 AM
Bruce m. Conkey is offline Click Here to See the Profile for Bruce m. Conkey Click here to Send Bruce m. Conkey a Private Message Click Here to Email Bruce m. Conkey Visit Bruce m. Conkey's homepage! Find more posts by Bruce m. Conkey Add Bruce m. Conkey to your buddy list Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote
Tad Banks
UKC Forum Member

THANK YOU

Old Post 09-19-2018 02:21 PM
Tad Banks is offline Click Here to See the Profile for Tad Banks Click here to Send Tad Banks a Private Message Find more posts by Tad Banks Add Tad Banks to your buddy list Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote
Craig corbeil
UKC Forum Member

I’m pretty sure I will have to try it tonight. If you have already marked your truck you can hold your finger on it a green Go button will appear press it should take ya straight to the truck

Old Post 09-20-2018 12:09 AM
Craig corbeil is offline Click Here to See the Profile for Craig corbeil Click here to Send Craig corbeil a Private Message Click Here to Email Craig corbeil Find more posts by Craig corbeil Add Craig corbeil to your buddy list Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote
Bruce m. Conkey
UKC Forum Member

Your correct but in my situation down here. I isually chop a trail with a machete and go in the easiest way. I want to come out the same way i went in. Generally the chopped trail shows the way but when it thins out i want to be on my same trail through to the next thick section that I chopped. Getting off a few hundred yards is the difference of coming out the easiest way or in waist deep water.

Old Post 09-20-2018 12:44 AM
Bruce m. Conkey is offline Click Here to See the Profile for Bruce m. Conkey Click here to Send Bruce m. Conkey a Private Message Click Here to Email Bruce m. Conkey Visit Bruce m. Conkey's homepage! Find more posts by Bruce m. Conkey Add Bruce m. Conkey to your buddy list Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote
Dogwhisper
UKC Forum Member

[QUOTE]Originally posted by Chuck Allen
hit new hunt then clear all dog tracks and statistics hit yes then mark location has truck hit yes. [/QUOTE
X2.

Old Post 09-20-2018 01:02 AM
Dogwhisper is offline Click Here to See the Profile for Dogwhisper Click here to Send Dogwhisper a Private Message Find more posts by Dogwhisper Add Dogwhisper to your buddy list Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote
shadinc
UKC Forum Member

I like Bruce's method. I figure if I got in this way, I can get out this way.

Old Post 09-20-2018 02:37 AM
shadinc is offline Click Here to See the Profile for shadinc Click here to Send shadinc a Private Message Click Here to Email shadinc Find more posts by shadinc Add shadinc to your buddy list Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote