UKC Forums UKC Website :: Hunting Ops :: All-Breed Sports :: Registration :: UKC Online Store
Here you can view your subscribed threads, work with private messages and edit your profile and preferences Registration is free! Calendar Find other members Frequently Asked Questions Search Home  
UKC Forums : Powered by vBulletin version 2.3.0 UKC Forums > Departments > UKC Coonhounds > Rule change needed
Pages (2): [1] 2 »   Last Thread   Next Thread
Author
Thread Post New Thread    Post A Reply
D Brothers
UKC Forum Member

Rule change needed

When a cast gets down to just two dogs we need to make it mandatory that there is a third voting party, either one of the cast members stay or the two remaining dogs and handlers return to the club for a third voting member.Reason being if scoring a tree and one person. Votes to minus and the other handler votes to circle its deleted. This happened this weekend at one of the Zones and kept a dog from advancing to the finals I talked to Allen at UKC today he said to contact your breed association. I have already contacted the Walker Association . Please contact your Breed Association this could happen to you. We need to get this changed

Report this post to a moderator | IP: Logged

Old Post 09-17-2018 11:11 PM
D Brothers is offline Click Here to See the Profile for D Brothers Click here to Send D Brothers a Private Message Click Here to Email D Brothers Find more posts by D Brothers Add D Brothers to your buddy list Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote
swamp1
Banned

Rule

I agree

Old Post 09-18-2018 01:07 AM
swamp1 is offline Click Here to See the Profile for swamp1 Click here to Send swamp1 a Private Message Find more posts by swamp1 Add swamp1 to your buddy list Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote
berger
UKC Forum Member

I must not be getting it, but how does this keep a dog from advancing? What would be the purpose of making another rule?

319-201-8445

Old Post 09-18-2018 01:48 AM
berger is offline Click Here to See the Profile for berger Click here to Send berger a Private Message Find more posts by berger Add berger to your buddy list Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote
Dave Richards
UKC Forum Member

Berger

I believe the poster was suggesting that with only 2 members left in s cast, that any scoring situation could result in a tie and thus deleted points. I.e. coon seen by one and not the other etc. At least this is how I understood the rationale behind the request. Dave

Old Post 09-18-2018 02:15 AM
Dave Richards is offline Click Here to See the Profile for Dave Richards Click here to Send Dave Richards a Private Message Click Here to Email Dave Richards Find more posts by Dave Richards Add Dave Richards to your buddy list Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote
D Brothers
UKC Forum Member

Exactly Dave and in this case, they were tied, dog was treed on a tree that should have been minused, but one voted to minus and the other voted to circle and since it was deleted that made him the cast winner.

Old Post 09-18-2018 02:26 AM
D Brothers is offline Click Here to See the Profile for D Brothers Click here to Send D Brothers a Private Message Click Here to Email D Brothers Find more posts by D Brothers Add D Brothers to your buddy list Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote
JiM
UKC Forum Member

A number of really bad things can happen with only two voters left. For one thing, the judge cannot be out voted. That means a judge with a dog in the hunt is king. Every coon seen can be circled by the other guy. Same with every slick, circled by the other guy. It's just a completely unacceptable situation. But I think it is also one with little to no chance of getting changed.

AKC/UKC GrNtCh Sizemore's Timber Jam Jessi 12/21/04 to 1/21/2011 R.I.P.

Old Post 09-18-2018 02:33 AM
JiM is offline Click Here to See the Profile for JiM Click here to Send JiM a Private Message Click Here to Email JiM Find more posts by JiM Add JiM to your buddy list Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote
Richard Lambert
UKC Forum Member

So you are saying that if one dog is treed .7 in front of you and another dog is treed .7 behind you, then you "have" to walk to both dogs because the 2 other handlers might not agree? You can't withdraw and go back to the club or home.
Or 2 handlers minus your dog for coming back to meet you so you can't win and withdraw. Then you "have" to walk .7 to their tree to help them score it.
Why should the third handler "have" to stay in and babysit the other 2 handlers? Now that will really bring more handers to the hunts. I realize that their are times when you would like to have another voting member, but you have to consider that other member also.

Old Post 09-18-2018 02:39 AM
Richard Lambert is offline Click Here to See the Profile for Richard Lambert Click here to Send Richard Lambert a Private Message Click Here to Email Richard Lambert Find more posts by Richard Lambert Add Richard Lambert to your buddy list Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote
Dave Richards
UKC Forum Member

Richard Lambert

It's called keeping the cast honest, you know you would want it that way. It might be you the next time, walking is just part of the hunt. Dave

Old Post 09-18-2018 02:57 AM
Dave Richards is offline Click Here to See the Profile for Dave Richards Click here to Send Dave Richards a Private Message Click Here to Email Dave Richards Find more posts by Dave Richards Add Dave Richards to your buddy list Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote
berger
UKC Forum Member

Re: Berger

quote:
Originally posted by Dave Richards
I believe the poster was suggesting that with only 2 members left in s cast, that any scoring situation could result in a tie and thus deleted points. I.e. coon seen by one and not the other etc. At least this is how I understood the rationale behind the request. Dave

Oh I know what the suggestion was. But this could happen at the beginning of a hunt with 4 guys in the cast. 2/2 vote and delete the points. What if there was 3 guys on the cast at the end and 2 voted to circle and 1 voted to minus and be the exact same tree. The dog had 120 minutes to tree one more coon then the other dog and if you need to find away to minus a dog to win get a better dog.

319-201-8445

Old Post 09-18-2018 03:08 AM
berger is offline Click Here to See the Profile for berger Click here to Send berger a Private Message Find more posts by berger Add berger to your buddy list Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote
berger
UKC Forum Member

quote:
Originally posted by D Brothers
Exactly Dave and in this case, they were tied, dog was treed on a tree that should have been minused, but one voted to minus and the other voted to circle and since it was deleted that made him the cast winner.

If the rolls had been reversed there is a good chance the votes would have been reversed. Unless he has video of the tree all it is hear say. How many other trees that night were circled?

319-201-8445

Old Post 09-18-2018 03:18 AM
swamp1
Banned

Re: Richard Lambert

quote:
Originally posted by Dave Richards
It's called keeping the cast honest, you know you would want it that way. It might be you the next time, walking is just part of the hunt. Dave
Agreed, any interpretation except honesty is cheating. If you can't walk to a dog treed in hunt, stay on the porch!

Old Post 09-18-2018 04:23 AM
swamp1 is offline Click Here to See the Profile for swamp1 Click here to Send swamp1 a Private Message Find more posts by swamp1 Add swamp1 to your buddy list Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote
thomasg
UKC Forum Member

Re: Re: Richard Lambert

quote:
Originally posted by swamp1
Agreed, any interpretation except honesty is cheating. If you can't walk to a dog treed in hunt, stay on the porch!
taking a panel to the tree would cut down on the b.s. and cheating that goes on in hunts now days .

Old Post 09-18-2018 08:49 AM
thomasg is offline Click Here to See the Profile for thomasg Click here to Send thomasg a Private Message Click Here to Email thomasg Find more posts by thomasg Add thomasg to your buddy list Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote
Billy George
UKC Forum Member

It would also put a small clubs in a pinch,some are allready scrambling for guides, those" extra voters"could be hard to come by....

PR B and B's Smokin' Willie

"PR"B and B's Coon Doctor
( Gr.Nite Ch.Bee Creek Dr.Max xGr.Nite Ch. Moonshine Maggie)

Past Home of:

Nite Ch. "PR"B and B's Smokin' Misty (2007-2018)

Nite Ch B&B's Black Hoss (1992-2003)

Nite Ch.Gr.Ch. Shaker Hill Mr. Grubbs (2003-2011)

Old Post 09-18-2018 10:36 AM
Billy George is offline Click Here to See the Profile for Billy George Click here to Send Billy George a Private Message Click Here to Email Billy George Visit Billy George's homepage! Find more posts by Billy George Add Billy George to your buddy list Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote
RJ Burks
UKC Forum Member

If I withdraw or minus out I always stay and help with the rest of the hunt...but that's just me...i really just like to see the outcome of the cast and watch the other dogs work ...

Old Post 09-18-2018 12:56 PM
RJ Burks is offline Click Here to See the Profile for RJ Burks Click here to Send RJ Burks a Private Message Find more posts by RJ Burks Add RJ Burks to your buddy list Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote
yadkintar
Banned

Not saying what should or shouldn't be done buuuuuut put a collar on the tree $50 to put a question on the card panel goes to the tree you loose the question you loose your $$$ and get a vacation already works at the other kc's.

Tar

Old Post 09-18-2018 01:11 PM
yadkintar is offline Click Here to See the Profile for yadkintar Click here to Send yadkintar a Private Message Click Here to Email yadkintar Find more posts by yadkintar Add yadkintar to your buddy list Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote
roofbolter
Banned

If the handler didn't make a bad call Saturday then it wouldn't have went down to a vote. Half the problems in these hunts are people screw themself, but someone else stile their cast. You should know ukc rules when you enter, don't cry later.

Old Post 09-18-2018 01:37 PM
roofbolter is offline Click Here to See the Profile for roofbolter Click here to Send roofbolter a Private Message Find more posts by roofbolter Add roofbolter to your buddy list Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote
joey
UKC Forum Member

quote:
Originally posted by yadkintar
Not saying what should or shouldn't be done buuuuuut put a collar on the tree $50 to put a question on the card panel goes to the tree you loose the question you loose your $$$ and get a vacation already works at the other kc's.

Tar

I agree for once. If a guy feels that strong that he is getting cheated he should have the option. Its been working for 20 years in the other KC.

http://www.sunspotlights.com/
When brightness matters!!

Home Of:
PKC Ch, Grch Grnch 2008 Tx state champion They call me Crazy Betty

PKC SCh CH Grnch They call me Howler too

Old Post 09-18-2018 02:55 PM
joey is offline Click Here to See the Profile for joey Click here to Send joey a Private Message Find more posts by joey Add joey to your buddy list Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote
swamp1
Banned

quote:
Originally posted by Billy George
It would also put a small clubs in a pinch,some are allready scrambling for guides, those" extra voters"could be hard to come by....
If they can't hunt a hunt out, stay on the porch To many times hunters are left to fend for themselves for various reasons.It can and has led to terrible consequences. If you come to hunt, Hunt. If not porch sit.

Old Post 09-18-2018 03:23 PM
Slough
UKC Forum Member

quote:
Originally posted by yadkintar
Tar

That's true, but look at the other side (talking about club hunts). How many that are still at the club house are going to be willing to drive (around here the average cast will be 25 miles away), walk back into the woods (good chance wade back into the woods) to settle an argument where a handler did not like the original vote. 1 1/2 hours minimum, 50 miles (who is paying for the gas) for 3 person panel and the other cast members.

Old Post 09-18-2018 03:54 PM
Slough is offline Click Here to See the Profile for Slough Click here to Send Slough a Private Message Click Here to Email Slough Find more posts by Slough Add Slough to your buddy list Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote
yadkintar
Banned

Make it $100 then it's a deterrent and it works !!

Old Post 09-18-2018 04:23 PM
yadkintar is offline Click Here to See the Profile for yadkintar Click here to Send yadkintar a Private Message Click Here to Email yadkintar Find more posts by yadkintar Add yadkintar to your buddy list Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote
nextcoonhunters
UKC Forum Member

Scratch him

Plan a scratch him if it's that obvious of a slick tree, For unsportsman like behavior. I don't think being a cheating sob is considered being a good sportsman. Plan b slap him upside the head and leave him there and go get a panel to help pack him out. Now if it is questionable figure that's how luck goes sometimes and suck it up buttercup.

Old Post 09-18-2018 04:49 PM
nextcoonhunters is offline Click Here to See the Profile for nextcoonhunters Click here to Send nextcoonhunters a Private Message Find more posts by nextcoonhunters Add nextcoonhunters to your buddy list Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote
shadinc
UKC Forum Member

It's impossible to make enough rules to stop cheating. Integrity is what's lacking and you won't fix it with rules.

Last edited by shadinc on 09-18-2018 at 05:09 PM

Old Post 09-18-2018 05:00 PM
shadinc is offline Click Here to See the Profile for shadinc Click here to Send shadinc a Private Message Click Here to Email shadinc Find more posts by shadinc Add shadinc to your buddy list Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote
Yard Dog Joker
Banned

Come on guys let’s not make this PKC it’s UKC for goodness sakes. We all know that when it says “Honor Rules” that everyone will honor the rules and play fair!! Lol🤣

Old Post 09-18-2018 05:03 PM
Yard Dog Joker is offline Click Here to See the Profile for Yard Dog Joker Click here to Send Yard Dog Joker a Private Message Find more posts by Yard Dog Joker Add Yard Dog Joker to your buddy list Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote
tony.beals
UKC Forum Member

quote:
Originally posted by JiM
A number of really bad things can happen with only two voters left. For one thing, the judge cannot be out voted. That means a judge with a dog in the hunt is king. Every coon seen can be circled by the other guy. Same with every slick, circled by the other guy. It's just a completely unacceptable situation. But I think it is also one with little to no chance of getting changed.

Jim I have to disagree that judge is "KING" in this case it is one vote per handler, this could happen with a 4 dog cast and I have been on those cast where 2 agreed to minus and 2 agreed to circle bottom line it was deleted. And it wasn't that any cheating was going on it was just a judgement call, it was a good cast and we just agreed to disagree.

MSG, US ARMY RETIRED
President of Michigan State United Coon Hunters Association

Old Post 09-18-2018 05:15 PM
tony.beals is offline Click Here to See the Profile for tony.beals Click here to Send tony.beals a Private Message Click Here to Email tony.beals Find more posts by tony.beals Add tony.beals to your buddy list Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote
Richard Lambert
UKC Forum Member

quote:
Originally posted by swamp1
If they can't hunt a hunt out, stay on the porch To many times hunters are left to fend for themselves for various reasons.It can and has led to terrible consequences. If you come to hunt, Hunt. If not porch sit.

Oh my goodness, if you can't fend for yourself, stay on the porch. If your hunt is over and you don't want to stay, go home.

Don't try to make another rule that says you "have" to stay. What are you going to do if they don't stay, scratch them? What about a hander whose dog you have scratched? Are you going to make him stay? What if you scratch a handler for misconduct? Does he have to stay?

Old Post 09-18-2018 05:17 PM
Richard Lambert is offline Click Here to See the Profile for Richard Lambert Click here to Send Richard Lambert a Private Message Click Here to Email Richard Lambert Find more posts by Richard Lambert Add Richard Lambert to your buddy list Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote