UKC Forums UKC Website :: Hunting Ops :: All-Breed Sports :: Registration :: UKC Online Store
Here you can view your subscribed threads, work with private messages and edit your profile and preferences Registration is free! Calendar Find other members Frequently Asked Questions Search Home  
UKC Forums : Powered by vBulletin version 2.3.0 UKC Forums > Departments > UKC Coonhounds > Here is one to ponder for those that are not in favor of the new changes
  Last Thread   Next Thread
Author
Thread Post New Thread    Post A Reply
high ridge
UKC Forum Member

Here is one to ponder for those that are not in favor of the new changes

I can now hunt a silent mouth X bred dog.

Now take that one and run lol

Just something to stir conversation

I am all for the new rules

Report this post to a moderator | IP: Logged

Old Post 09-10-2019 11:05 PM
high ridge is offline Click Here to See the Profile for high ridge Click here to Send high ridge a Private Message Click Here to Email high ridge Find more posts by high ridge Add high ridge to your buddy list Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote
Richard Lambert
UKC Forum Member

Re: Here is one to ponder for those that are not in favor of the new changes

quote:
Originally posted by high ridge
I can now hunt a silent mouth X bred dog.
I am all for the new rules

You must have a good squirrel dog that trees coons and you want to hunt him.

Old Post 09-10-2019 11:21 PM
Richard Lambert is offline Click Here to See the Profile for Richard Lambert Click here to Send Richard Lambert a Private Message Click Here to Email Richard Lambert Find more posts by Richard Lambert Add Richard Lambert to your buddy list Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote
cole run
UKC Forum Member

Or a good pr registered redbone that is half walker if you know what I mean.😁 that reminds me of a song Richard do you know it they call her mellow yellow

Old Post 09-11-2019 01:42 AM
cole run is offline Click Here to See the Profile for cole run Click here to Send cole run a Private Message Find more posts by cole run Add cole run to your buddy list Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote
trsizemore
UKC Forum Member

going to the dogs

hounds were always to be open trailers starting with the fox hounds the old dogs were open telling there owner they were on trail and where they were back in the day of big tracts of land we still have big land and my self will not have a silent dog as long as i own hounds just my thoughts tim

Old Post 09-11-2019 02:37 AM
trsizemore is offline Click Here to See the Profile for trsizemore Click here to Send trsizemore a Private Message Click Here to Email trsizemore Find more posts by trsizemore Add trsizemore to your buddy list Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote
Sgraves
UKC Forum Member

Friend of mine had a nice cur he squirrel hunted with. The dog would tree a coon also. He decided to take it with the hounds coon hunting. Now on squirrel an coon that sucker will blow in there deep an tree. Makes him mad. Am all for a man hunting whatever he wants. Hate to mess up a good squirrel dog though.

Old Post 09-11-2019 11:23 AM
Sgraves is offline Click Here to See the Profile for Sgraves Click here to Send Sgraves a Private Message Click Here to Email Sgraves Find more posts by Sgraves Add Sgraves to your buddy list Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote
bowling
UKC Forum Member

I personally would rather have a tight mouth/silent dog than a babbler not gonna hunt one period.

Old Post 09-11-2019 02:40 PM
bowling is offline Click Here to See the Profile for bowling Click here to Send bowling a Private Message Click Here to Email bowling Visit bowling's homepage! Find more posts by bowling Add bowling to your buddy list Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote
Al Medcalf
UKC Forum Member

quote:
Originally posted by Sgraves
Friend of mine had a nice cur he squirrel hunted with. The dog would tree a coon also. He decided to take it with the hounds coon hunting. Now on squirrel an coon that sucker will blow in there deep an tree. Makes him mad. Am all for a man hunting whatever he wants. Hate to mess up a good squirrel dog though.

That will happen. That's the reason that I never liked to coon hunt squirrel dogs. It also gives you an excuse to have more dogs/

Old Post 09-11-2019 03:11 PM
Al Medcalf is offline Click Here to See the Profile for Al Medcalf Click here to Send Al Medcalf a Private Message Click Here to Email Al Medcalf Find more posts by Al Medcalf Add Al Medcalf to your buddy list Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote