UKC Forums UKC Website :: Hunting Ops :: All-Breed Sports :: Registration :: UKC Online Store
Here you can view your subscribed threads, work with private messages and edit your profile and preferences Registration is free! Calendar Find other members Frequently Asked Questions Search Home  
UKC Forums : Powered by vBulletin version 2.3.0 UKC Forums > Departments > UKC Coonhounds > Club denying a person to hunt
  Last Thread   Next Thread
Author
Thread Post New Thread    Post A Reply
kybufford
UKC Forum Member

Club denying a person to hunt

Can a club deny a person from hunting due to always arguing and giving the club a bad reputation.

Said person is the reason people withdraw before cast even leaves the club house.

God only knows who we'd be without soldiers and Jesus.

Rack'em Up Willy pup
--County Line's Rammy(Rambo)

Black and Tans
TREE BANGIN White Boy
*UKC win Friday night Red Bone days 2021
BnT TREE BANGIN BUFFORD the start of it all

Report this post to a moderator | IP: Logged

Old Post 07-23-2021 11:25 PM
kybufford is offline Click Here to See the Profile for kybufford Click here to Send kybufford a Private Message Click Here to Email kybufford Find more posts by kybufford Add kybufford to your buddy list Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote
hat creek mac
UKC Forum Member

I'm not 100% sure how ukc handles this but I know in another kennel club you have to send them a registered letter informing the person that they are barred from attending hunts at that club.

Old Post 07-23-2021 11:30 PM
hat creek mac is offline Click Here to See the Profile for hat creek mac Click here to Send hat creek mac a Private Message Click Here to Email hat creek mac Find more posts by hat creek mac Add hat creek mac to your buddy list Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote
OLD TIMER
UKC Forum Member

Here you have it---

Club Guidelines for Dealing with Problem Individuals

See if this sounds familiar. There is an individual person or dog that frequently hunts out of your club and is continually causing problems. Maybe not to the extent that UKC would be able to permanently bar the individual, but enough of a problem that new hunters give up competition events after drawing him, and seasoned hunters just go pleasure hunting to avoid the potential hassle. Maybe this individual would never actually outright falsify a scorecard, but he is so argumentative and confrontational in nature he cant participate on a cast without causing everyone problems.

Do you know an individual like that in your area? Is your club ready to do something about it? For the benefit of those clubs who are ready and willing to do their part to make this a better sport, we need to discuss the proper way to deal with these individuals.

The Entering Dogs in UKC Events portion of the rulebook gives a club the right to refuse entry to any handler or any dog so long as it is not for reasons of a racial or religious nature. Clubs need to understand they have UKCs full support to refuse entry to individuals who are classic poor sportsmanship examples.

But there is a right and a wrong way to go about it and thats what we need to discuss. The wrong way to go about it is to wait until your next event and refuse this individuals entry at the Master of Hounds table right in front of big assembly of hunters. Obviously, that is a tense, embarrassing situation that is better avoided. It simply is not a constructive way to attempt to redirect a lost soul and guide him or her back to the competition mainstream so that they can have a positive influence on the sport. After all, that is our ultimate goal, isn't it?

Your club needs to decide to enforce your right to refuse entry at a club meeting well in advance of your next hunt. If you decide thats what you want to do, send this individual a written notice that your club will not accept his entry at your events. Cite that portion of the rules which gives you this authority. Make it clear you are doing it for reasons of sportsmanship, etc. You may wish to say that his dogs may be entered by a different handler. Also, I strongly suggest the club set a specified amount of time the refusal will be in effect. Dont do the indefinite thing. Give them a three-hunt break, or one year off, or something. Give them a chance to learn from the experience and that you wont tolerate nonsense and bad behavior. Hopefully, they might be back eventually with no further issues.

Make sure your club sends a copy of the refusal letter to United Kennel Club so we may file a copy in your clubs file. More often than not, the individual you refuse is going to call us to contest the denial. That way, we will have a little insight on the matter and be ready to discuss it accordingly. We will support your club, and hopefully the whole sport of coon hunting will be better off.

Old Post 07-24-2021 01:26 AM
OLD TIMER is offline Click Here to See the Profile for OLD TIMER Click Here to Email OLD TIMER Find more posts by OLD TIMER Add OLD TIMER to your buddy list Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote
Reuben
UKC Forum Member

Old Timer…that is a well written article…

A 3 hunt cool off or a 1 year lay off might be helpful and maybe not…it will be pleasant for everyone else while that person is out…

One thing about people and their natural behavior…it is very hard to change…it will be a constant struggle for them to do or act right…I’ve seen it a few times over the years…

Once they are allowed back they need to be put on probation for a good while…otherwise it will still be a problem…
People deserve a second chance in many cases but it shouldn’t be at everyone else’s expense…

Old Post 07-24-2021 03:11 AM
Reuben is offline Click Here to See the Profile for Reuben Click here to Send Reuben a Private Message Click Here to Email Reuben Find more posts by Reuben Add Reuben to your buddy list Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote
benderb4
Banned

Re: Club denying a person to hunt

quote:
Originally posted by kybufford
Can a club deny a person from hunting due to always arguing and giving the club a bad reputation.

Said person is the reason people withdraw before cast even leaves the club house.

yes..
To make sure you do it right probably should get hold UKC,PKC if you have both hunts
What I can remember you
send them a registered letter telling them they are barred from entering Events.
Pkc is a little different
if you have PKC the notifying of barring is the same I think but you have to send them a separate letter specifying PKC hunts
and I think PKC wants a copy of the letter you sent to the guy you barred

But tell them how long and what for . It Can be permanent or temporary
If your club holds state hunts ,qualifiers, breed sectionals
you have to let them hunt in them even after barring
Any hunt the club holds on its own they are Barred
if the hunt is a sanctioned hunt club puts on for someone else you have to let them enter after you barred them

TRUTH IS TREASON IN AN EMPIRE OF LIES...G. Orwell
DON'T BELIEVE ANYTHING THE GOVERNMENT TELLS YOU...G. Carlin
ONLY THOSE WHO HAVE SOMETHING TO HIDE WORK RELENTLESSLY TO CENSOR THOSE WHO SPEAK THE TRUTH...Ron DeSantis

Last edited by benderb4 on 07-25-2021 at 01:50 AM

Old Post 07-25-2021 01:28 AM
benderb4 is offline Click Here to See the Profile for benderb4 Find more posts by benderb4 Add benderb4 to your buddy list Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote
OLD TIMER
UKC Forum Member

Thanks, but

That was written by UKC.

Old Post 07-25-2021 12:24 PM
OLD TIMER is offline Click Here to See the Profile for OLD TIMER Click Here to Email OLD TIMER Find more posts by OLD TIMER Add OLD TIMER to your buddy list Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote
benderb4
Banned

Sure and I have belonged to 3 different clubs over my years that actually did bar individuals from coming back
Real life experience according to and implementing the rules you outlined

When a individual thinks they know every thing about anything there is to know
They are not as smart as they think they are.

EVERY BIT OF USEFUL INFORMATION is always helpful
No matter how small the tidbit

TRUTH IS TREASON IN AN EMPIRE OF LIES...G. Orwell
DON'T BELIEVE ANYTHING THE GOVERNMENT TELLS YOU...G. Carlin
ONLY THOSE WHO HAVE SOMETHING TO HIDE WORK RELENTLESSLY TO CENSOR THOSE WHO SPEAK THE TRUTH...Ron DeSantis

Last edited by benderb4 on 07-25-2021 at 03:23 PM

Old Post 07-25-2021 03:15 PM
benderb4 is offline Click Here to See the Profile for benderb4 Find more posts by benderb4 Add benderb4 to your buddy list Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote
Allen / UKC
Administrator

Re: Here you have it---

quote:
Originally posted by OLD TIMER
Club Guidelines for Dealing with Problem Individuals

See if this sounds familiar. There is an individual person or dog that frequently hunts out of your club and is continually causing problems. Maybe not to the extent that UKC would be able to permanently bar the individual, but enough of a problem that new hunters give up competition events after drawing him, and seasoned hunters just go pleasure hunting to avoid the potential hassle. Maybe this individual would never actually outright falsify a scorecard, but he is so argumentative and confrontational in nature he cant participate on a cast without causing everyone problems.

Do you know an individual like that in your area? Is your club ready to do something about it? For the benefit of those clubs who are ready and willing to do their part to make this a better sport, we need to discuss the proper way to deal with these individuals.

The Entering Dogs in UKC Events portion of the rulebook gives a club the right to refuse entry to any handler or any dog so long as it is not for reasons of a racial or religious nature. Clubs need to understand they have UKCs full support to refuse entry to individuals who are classic poor sportsmanship examples.

But there is a right and a wrong way to go about it and thats what we need to discuss. The wrong way to go about it is to wait until your next event and refuse this individuals entry at the Master of Hounds table right in front of big assembly of hunters. Obviously, that is a tense, embarrassing situation that is better avoided. It simply is not a constructive way to attempt to redirect a lost soul and guide him or her back to the competition mainstream so that they can have a positive influence on the sport. After all, that is our ultimate goal, isn't it?

Your club needs to decide to enforce your right to refuse entry at a club meeting well in advance of your next hunt. If you decide thats what you want to do, send this individual a written notice that your club will not accept his entry at your events. Cite that portion of the rules which gives you this authority. Make it clear you are doing it for reasons of sportsmanship, etc. You may wish to say that his dogs may be entered by a different handler. Also, I strongly suggest the club set a specified amount of time the refusal will be in effect. Dont do the indefinite thing. Give them a three-hunt break, or one year off, or something. Give them a chance to learn from the experience and that you wont tolerate nonsense and bad behavior. Hopefully, they might be back eventually with no further issues.

Make sure your club sends a copy of the refusal letter to United Kennel Club so we may file a copy in your clubs file. More often than not, the individual you refuse is going to call us to contest the denial. That way, we will have a little insight on the matter and be ready to discuss it accordingly. We will support your club, and hopefully the whole sport of coon hunting will be better off.

Thanks for sharing the above. Over the years, we have written several articles on this very topic. As per the rule found on page 7 of the current rulebook under Right tor Refuse Entry, clubs do have the authority to refuse entry to problem individuals. Unfortunately, sometimes clubs have to deal with such issues and fortunately they have this right and UKC's support, if needed.

Old Post 07-26-2021 02:03 PM
Allen / UKC is offline Click Here to See the Profile for Allen / UKC Click here to Send Allen / UKC a Private Message Click Here to Email Allen / UKC Find more posts by Allen / UKC Add Allen / UKC to your buddy list Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote
kybufford
UKC Forum Member

Thanks for the feed back. And the right way to handle the situation.

God only knows who we'd be without soldiers and Jesus.

Rack'em Up Willy pup
--County Line's Rammy(Rambo)

Black and Tans
TREE BANGIN White Boy
*UKC win Friday night Red Bone days 2021
BnT TREE BANGIN BUFFORD the start of it all

Old Post 07-26-2021 02:37 PM
kybufford is offline Click Here to See the Profile for kybufford Click here to Send kybufford a Private Message Click Here to Email kybufford Find more posts by kybufford Add kybufford to your buddy list Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote