UKC Forums UKC Website :: Hunting Ops :: All-Breed Sports :: Registration :: UKC Online Store
Here you can view your subscribed threads, work with private messages and edit your profile and preferences Registration is free! Calendar Find other members Frequently Asked Questions Search Home  
UKC Forums : Powered by vBulletin version 2.3.0 UKC Forums > UKC Free Classifieds > Coonhound Classifieds > Blueticks: Stud Dog and Kennel Promotion > Grand Nite Ch. "PR" Misty River Ramblin Blue Smoke
Pages (4): « 1 [2] 3 4 »   Last Thread   Next Thread
Author
Thread Post New Thread    Post A Reply
Misty river
UKC Forum Member

Smoke

Took Smoke out for a short run tonight, after laying him up for about a week, because his voice had gotten hoarse. Right after I cast Smoke down a small drain I reached for my Garmin and It wasn't there. I had gotten my collars and everything, but left the transmitter laying on the table. I use to hunt every night back when there was no such thing as a tracking system, but its a lot of difference now that we have gotten use to having them. I know I was sure glad to hear him when he locked up treed about 400 yards in. I guess he either layed him up or he just ran up on him for he never barked on track. I went around on another road and got close enough I could see the tree from the 4-wheeler. I walked around the tree shinning, but with the other trees around it and all the leaves I could not find him until I found a vine coming out of another tree and shook it, and then walked back out close to the 4-wheeler and looked and there he sat looking at me from out on a limb on the other side. I petted Smoke up and we called it a night.

Last edited by Misty river on 04-29-2018 at 05:12 AM

Report this post to a moderator | IP: Logged

Old Post 04-29-2018 04:50 AM
Misty river is offline Click Here to See the Profile for Misty river Click here to Send Misty river a Private Message Click Here to Email Misty river Find more posts by Misty river Add Misty river to your buddy list Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote
Misty river
UKC Forum Member

Smoke

Took Smoke out for a run tonight. cast him into a hardwood bottom. he went in about 600 yards and struck a working track and started working it down a branch that we call Water Branch. I had went on up into the swamp looking for a leash that I lost a few nights ago. I didn't find it. A turkey hunter might have picked it up, or I just might not have looked in the right place. I looked at the Garmin and Smoke was moving toward the Black top road that I had come in on, so I went around and came back out to the road and Smoke was still coming down the branch and when he got too about 100 yards of the road he turned right and crossed over to an old slough and came on out to about 20 yards from the road and locked up treed. I walked in to him and he was treeing up the leaning tree that you see in the picture. I walked back out to the road and shined from the road. The tree he was treed on was leaning over into another tree. I could not find him from the road so I walked back in and backed out into the slough a ways and found him sitting up near the top. I walked in and petted Smoke up a little and we left him to run again and called it a night.

Last edited by Misty river on 05-02-2018 at 06:27 AM

Old Post 05-02-2018 06:08 AM
Misty river is offline Click Here to See the Profile for Misty river Click here to Send Misty river a Private Message Click Here to Email Misty river Find more posts by Misty river Add Misty river to your buddy list Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote
Misty river
UKC Forum Member

Smoke and Blue

Chris came by tonight and we loaded Smoke and Blue up and headed to the swamp over across the river. The top picture is Blue and smoke treed on the first tree. The second is Smoke when he split off alone and got one treed.

Last edited by Misty river on 05-08-2018 at 06:29 AM

Old Post 05-08-2018 06:17 AM
Misty river
UKC Forum Member

Smoke

image url

Took Smoke out for a run tonight. We complained about water for so long. It's beginning to dry up now. Turned him down a drain that is dry now. He went in a little over 500 yards and just fell treed. I went around on another road and got to within about 50 yards of him and walked on in. I know that he just winded this coon, for there were 3 small trees there close togeather and he couldn't make his mind up which one he wanted to tree on, so I know he didn't smell where this coon went up. He just knew that he was up there. It took me a while to find him. I finally backed out into a small clearing and there he sat looking at me. We left him to run again and called it a night

Last edited by Misty river on 05-15-2018 at 06:20 AM

Old Post 05-15-2018 06:02 AM
david woofter
UKC Forum Member

Gemma Lou

*************Gr.Ch.Gr.Nt.Ch.’PR’ Smokey River John
**********Gr.Nt.Ch.’PR’Smokey River Mad Dog John II
*************Gr.Nt.Ch.’PR’Mad Dog Two Gun Billy
*******Gr.Ch.Gr.Nt.Ch.’PR’ Niangua River Mad Dog Ranger HTX
*************Nt.Ch.’PR’Walls’s Spankin Hank ( Out of Scout )
**********Gr.Ch.Nt.Ch.’PR’ Brooks Blue Mipatchie Bero
*************Ch.Nt.Ch.’PT’ Brook’s Blue Kate II
****’PR’ Dave’s Bl Oh Crank It Up Gemma Lou
*************Ch.Gr.Nt.Ch.’PR’ Uchtman’s Blue Albert
**********Gr.Nt.Ch.’PR’ Uchtman’s Blue Zeb
*************Ch.Nt.Ch.’PR’ Coney River Morgan
*******Nt.Ch.’PR’ Dave’s Bl Oh Crank It Up Lou
*************Nt.Ch.’PR’ Uchtman’s SO BL Luke
**********‘PR’ Hicks Sandy River Blue Sky
*************’PR’ Uchtman’s SO BL Frosty
Mr. Jack this is a good young dog. She will be 3 June 2nd. ( The whole Litter were good. All treed a lone before one year old. Most by 8 months. ) I have always wanted something with the Bob dog in the PED. I like her almost as much as her Mother Lou. How would this look on paper? Kind of an out cross but some blood the same back a ways. Thanks for your time Mr. Jack. P.S. I though of Dutch on her but he's getting a little age on him. I like good young studs. Have a nice Day. Your Friend, Dave

Gemma Lou 1/30/2018.

Last edited by david woofter on 05-16-2018 at 01:31 PM

Old Post 05-16-2018 01:27 PM
david woofter is offline Click Here to See the Profile for david woofter Click here to Send david woofter a Private Message Click Here to Email david woofter Find more posts by david woofter Add david woofter to your buddy list Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote
Misty river
UKC Forum Member

Smoke

---------------Gr.Nite Ch."PR"Mails Blue Sue's Pete
----------Ch.Gr.Nite Ch."PR"Mails' Blue Petes Bob
---------------Gr.Nite Ch.Ch."PR"Smokey River Jeans Blue Ruby
-----Gr.Nite Ch.Ch."PR"Mailes Blue Sue's Rattler
---------------Nite Ch."PR"Smokey River JBS Chief
----------"PR"Mails' Blue Rudy's Sue
---------------Nite Ch."PR"Mails' Mo. Blue Rudy

Gr.Nite Ch."PR"Misty River Ramblin Blue Smoke

---------------Nite Ch."PR"Rhodes's Tom-Dulley
----------Gr.Nite Ch."PR"Racket Ridge Slim HTX2
---------------"PR"Welch's Blue Angel
-----Gr.Nite Ch."PR"Racket Ridge Weezie
---------------Gr.Nite Ch."PR"Smokey River Cheif's Joe
----------Gr.Nite Ch."PR"Smokey River Blue Cricket
---------------"PR"Smokey River Blue Muggins

Dave, Smoke is a nice dog. I really like him. He hunts good, opens good on track, Moves a track good. Good clean tree dog, and is accurate. Take care, Jack

Old Post 05-17-2018 02:13 PM
david woofter
UKC Forum Member

Thanks

Thanks Mr. Jack. I may even try Lou again. I wanted a Male pup out of her. I have two females and no males. Have a young female out of Hank/Lou with a great Mouth. She's also a looker like Mom.

Old Post 05-17-2018 03:41 PM
david woofter is offline Click Here to See the Profile for david woofter Click here to Send david woofter a Private Message Click Here to Email david woofter Find more posts by david woofter Add david woofter to your buddy list Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote
Misty river
UKC Forum Member

Smoke

Took Smoke out for a run tonight and he was ready to go, but the coons were just not out tonight, at least not where we were at. Smoke hunted out over 1500 yards and was still hunting, when I decided he had went far enough and was getting close to a blacktop road, and there is some bad stuff across that road so I called him in. I haven't been out in a couple of weeks due to some minor surgery and I think maybe the coons have left the swamps for the blackberry patches. We will try it again tomorrow night.

Old Post 05-29-2018 07:05 AM
Misty river
UKC Forum Member

Smoke and Blue

Chris came by last night with Blue and we loaded up Smoke and went over across the river. There sure is some pretty woods over there, but as I said in my last post I think the coons have left the swamps and have gone to the briar patches as we are having a hard time striking one in the swamps. Smoke finally struck one out in the middle of a slough and was soon joined by Blue. They went to work on it and moved it on down the slough 300 yardsand Blue locked up treed, Smoke moved on down about 75 yards and he treed. We shined both trees, but never got either to look. We cast again, but never got anything else going. We called it a night.

Last edited by Misty river on 06-10-2018 at 01:05 AM

Old Post 06-10-2018 12:51 AM
Misty river
UKC Forum Member

Smoke

Took Smoke out for a run tonight. Turned him down a drain that runs through the swamp. He went in a little over 400 yards and struck. He had left the drain and was trailing on a branch that runs through the swap on its way to the river. Through the years the branch has washed out till there is from 5 to 8 foot bluffs on either side. Smoke worked the track down the branch for about 300 yards and treed. I moved down an ole woods road till I was about 100 yards from him and walked on in. I had to cross the branch to get to Smoke and the little critter in the bottom picture was laying in the branch. There are a lot of them in these branches and sloughs. I don't know how we don't get a lot more dogs bitten than we do. I walked on into Smoke and he was treed on a big oak. I shined for a few minutes, but I couldn't see much of the tree. If he was there I couldn't get him to look. We walked back to the 4-wheeler and called it a night.

Last edited by Misty river on 06-22-2018 at 06:33 AM

Old Post 06-22-2018 06:13 AM
Misty river
UKC Forum Member

Pete

Pete (Smoke and Skeeter)

Old Post 07-10-2018 05:20 PM
Mike_Blevins
UKC Forum Member

MR. Jack I have a littermate female to Pete that split treed last night and had a double. She had not been hunted much until I got her ,but seems to be coming along very nice. Not junkie and a good hunter.she came from Charles Brown in mississippi.I believe she is going to make a pretty good hound . she has the tools!

Old Post 07-16-2018 03:05 AM
Mike_Blevins is offline Click Here to See the Profile for Mike_Blevins Click here to Send Mike_Blevins a Private Message Click Here to Email Mike_Blevins Find more posts by Mike_Blevins Add Mike_Blevins to your buddy list Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote
Misty river
UKC Forum Member

Mike Blevins

Mike, I'm glad the female that you have out of Smoke is doing well for you. I hope she continues to progress and does well for you. If you can, put a picture of her on here and keep me informed from time to time how she is doing. I hear that your Gus hound is real nice, Wish we lived a little closer togeather would sure like to see him go. I remember hunting the Misty River Blue bell female in his pedigree, She was a good one. Take care Mike and good hunting. Jack.

Old Post 07-17-2018 12:11 AM
Misty river
UKC Forum Member

Smoke

Took Smoke out for a short run tonight. Turned him up a drain that runs through the swamp. It has water in it in the rainey season, but it is all dry right now. He went in 260 yards and struck a pretty good track and moved it on in another 100 yards and treed. I got to within about 100 yards of him with the 4-wheeler and walked on in. He was treed up a medium sized oak close to the drain. It was so thick in there with all the other trees and the leaves that I could not see anything. Smoke was hot and so was I. We walked back to the 4-wheeler and called it a night.

Last edited by Misty river on 07-18-2018 at 05:01 AM

Old Post 07-18-2018 04:49 AM
Misty river
UKC Forum Member

Pete and Hank

Pete(Smoke and Skeeter)on tree.
Hank(Bocephus and Sheba)on ground

Last edited by Misty river on 07-20-2018 at 10:18 PM

Old Post 07-20-2018 10:15 PM
Misty river
UKC Forum Member

Smoke

how to screenshot on windows

Took Smoke out for another run tonight, cast him down a hardwood bottom. Its pretty nice as long as you stay in the bottom, but out on either side it gets pretty thick. He went in about 150 yards and struck a pretty good track and went into the thick stuff. He moved it on in about 250 yards and turned and circled back about 75 yards and locked up treed. I made my way in to him and he was treed up a large Turkey pine. It was pretty thick in there and the Sawbriars were tough. I never could get to where I could see any part of the tree, so I leashed up Smoke and we made our way back to the 4-wheeler. We moved on up the swamp To a place where in the rainey season its a big slough, but right now its just a small stagnant pond on the lower end. I turned Smoke down the side of the pond and he made a small circle and came by and headed up the swamp. he moved on in 350 yards and struck a pretty good track. I cranked the 4-wheeler and moved on up an old dummyline and when Istopped again to listen, he was treed. I moved on up until I was even with him and walked on in to him. He was treed on three small trees growing up togeather that went up into a large oak. I never could get to where I could see the tree, so I leashed Smoke and we made our way back the 4-wheeler. I'll be glad when some of these leaves are gone and it gets a little cooler. We called it a night.

Last edited by Misty river on 07-25-2018 at 06:13 AM

Old Post 07-25-2018 05:50 AM
Misty river
UKC Forum Member

Smoke

Took Smoke out for a short run tonight. We went back to the same hardwood bottom that we went to last time. Smoke went in about 150 yards and struck a good track. he made a circle back toward me and lined him out up out of the bottom up through the pines. It is thick up in the pines and the saw briars are sharp, if one touches you, you are cut. Smoke ran him in about 200 yards and locked up treed. I made my way in to him. He was treed up a hardwood tree next to a pine. I found the coon pretty quick. I walked in and petted smoke up some, He had done got pretty hot and I was about the same. We made our way back to the 4-wheeler and called it a night. We sure do need some rain, it has done got dry.

gif hosting

Old Post 07-28-2018 06:15 AM
Misty river
UKC Forum Member

Smoke

Hunted Smoke the last two nights. He is a real enjoyable dog to hunt. He hunts hard but not in a strait line. He opens as soon as he smells coon and opens just about right on track. He moves a track good and can slide under a tree with the best of them. A solid tree dog and as bout as accurate as they get. Smoke is a gentleman anywhere, I've never seen him growl anywhere. Cory Mailes and Rocky Cundiff did well when they made this cross.

Old Post 08-01-2018 06:42 AM
blueticker
UKC Forum Member

Sounds like you've been enjoying a few nights of treeing coon. Been cooler in Kansas and I've been out a few times. Seems to be lots of coon to tree.

The Hounds I Enjoyed Hunting:
Dual Gr Natural Smokey River Rebel, A buddy of mine
Gr. Nt Natural Blue Echo ( Gr Nt Quail Ck Jimmy X Nt Ch Natural Blue Bell)
Gr Nt Smokey River Chief's Joe (JBS Chief X Gr Nt Jeans Ruby)
Gr. Nt. Ch. Natural Smokey River Lucy (Chief's Joe X Muggins)
And Many More

Old Post 08-01-2018 04:36 PM
blueticker is offline Click Here to See the Profile for blueticker Click here to Send blueticker a Private Message Find more posts by blueticker Add blueticker to your buddy list Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote
Misty river
UKC Forum Member

Dennis

It has been a little cooler here the last few nights. We seem to have a good coon crop here this year. I saw two little ones crossing an old woods road the other night, but I don't think I've treed any yet. I try to hunt 3 to 5 nights a week. I heard about you loosing your Irene female. I sure hated to hear that. I know you liked her. I also heard that Cory's Rattler dog died. Those good ones will get old on you quick. Good hunting, Jack.

Last edited by Misty river on 08-03-2018 at 05:49 AM

Old Post 08-03-2018 05:44 AM
Misty river
UKC Forum Member

Smoke

Took Smoke out for a short run tonight. He did a good job on one coon. Treed up a big oak, but it was so thick in there that you couldn't see 15 foot up the tree. We called it a night. It was miserably hot out there tonight.

Last edited by Misty river on 08-09-2018 at 05:06 AM

Old Post 08-09-2018 05:01 AM
blueticker
UKC Forum Member

Rattler may have died from a stroke. Cory told me he was fine of a morning but that evening was down and died a few minutes later. The corn is getting harvested around here. Coon treeing has been good.

The Hounds I Enjoyed Hunting:
Dual Gr Natural Smokey River Rebel, A buddy of mine
Gr. Nt Natural Blue Echo ( Gr Nt Quail Ck Jimmy X Nt Ch Natural Blue Bell)
Gr Nt Smokey River Chief's Joe (JBS Chief X Gr Nt Jeans Ruby)
Gr. Nt. Ch. Natural Smokey River Lucy (Chief's Joe X Muggins)
And Many More

Old Post 08-09-2018 03:10 PM
blueticker is offline Click Here to See the Profile for blueticker Click here to Send blueticker a Private Message Find more posts by blueticker Add blueticker to your buddy list Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote
Misty river
UKC Forum Member

Smoke

Took Smoke out for a short run tonight. Turned him down a drain that runs through the swamp. It has a good bit of water in it in the rainey season, but right now its dry. He went in a little over 200 yards and struck a working track, worked it on in to a little over 500 yards and treed. I went around on another road and got to within about 125 yards of him and walked on in. He was treed upa pretty good sized oak. It was too thick to shine, so I petted Smoke up a little and we headed to the 4-wheeler. I never have to lead Smoke out of the woods and that sure makes it a lot easier on me. We called it a night.

Last edited by Misty river on 08-25-2018 at 06:10 AM

Old Post 08-25-2018 05:58 AM
Misty river
UKC Forum Member

Smoke

Took Smoke down the river a ways tonight. Cast him off an ole woods road. into an oak and Cyprus swamp. It got a slough that runs through the middle of it. the slough is pretty wide in places. there are wild hogs in there and they keep it rooted up pretty bad. He went inabout 100 yards and struck a good track and moved it on down the slough and treed pretty close to the road. I went down to where he was treed. He was treed up a medium sized oak. He had an ole sow coon and some little owns treed, so I petted him up. Smoke was as about as hot as I was so we called it a night.

Last edited by Misty river on 08-28-2018 at 06:18 AM

Old Post 08-28-2018 06:04 AM
Misty river
UKC Forum Member

Smoke and Hank

I loaded up Smoke and Hank tonight and traveled down the river a few miles to a place I hunt from time to time. There is a lot of wood roads in there and some of it is good walking and some of it is rough. there are a lot of sloughs and water there and the wild hogs keep it pretty well rooted up and makes for bad walking. It looked like it might start raining at any time. It was lightening around, but I was wanting to get one treed. We probably want be able to get back out for the next few nights. we have a storm coming in that is suppose to hit the Gulf Coast tomorrow night. they think it will be a Hurricane by the time it hits land and from what the weather channel is predicting we are right in its path so we will probably get some wind and a lot of rain. I cast Smoke and Hank off an old woods road. They got in about 100 yards and Smoke turned south down a drain and Hank crossed the drain and kept going east. When Hank got in to the second drain he turned south. Hank hit an old cold track up in there, and I could see him checking trees on the Garmin, but it was just too cold for him and he was in a lot of water. Smoke turned east and then north and they crossed paths only a few feet from each other, but both dogs kept going their own way. and after a ways Hank made a circle and headed back north, but he was probably 400 yards from Smoke when Smoke stuck a good track and moved it on in a ways and locked up treed. Hank heard him and was on his way to him. I had to go around on another road and got to within about 50 yards to where Smoke was treed. He was treed close to the drain up a medium sized tree. I thank me and hank got there about the same time. Hank got to treeing with Smoke. I found the coon pretty quick and knocked it out to them. And although Hank didn't get in on the initial treeing, I think getting the coon out to him, will help him out. We made our way back to the 4-wheeler and it was still lightening around so we decided not to push our luck and called it a night.

Last edited by Misty river on 09-04-2018 at 06:41 AM

Old Post 09-04-2018 05:53 AM