UKC Forums UKC Website :: Hunting Ops :: All-Breed Sports :: Registration :: UKC Online Store
Here you can view your subscribed threads, work with private messages and edit your profile and preferences Registration is free! Calendar Find other members Frequently Asked Questions Search Home  
UKC Forums : Powered by vBulletin version 2.3.0 UKC Forums > Departments > UKC Coonhounds > Someone around anderson, Claiborne, knox or union county tennessee area
  Last Thread   Next Thread
Author
Thread Post New Thread    Post A Reply
Ridgerunner1988
UKC Forum Member

Someone around anderson, Claiborne, knox or union county tennessee area

Looking for someone to hunt with around these areas if anyone is willing to let me and my young dog hunt with them? I've been hunting the pup by herself but she needs hunted with a dog that knows what its doing. I have places around to hunt if.you want to hunt a new area. I've turned 2 cage coons loose for her and she runs and trees them but doesn't really know what she is doing otherwise. I've recently been hunting her on a bucket you can tell she smells something and I know the coons are.eatimg off the bucket but she gets confused and doesn't really know what she should do she smells all around and smells up trees and wines but really acts like she just can't figure out what she needs to do and hasn't barked yet on track so I believe putting her with a old dog would kind of get her on the right path. PM me if you would be willing to let me hunt with you and I will give you my number or you can text or call 865 606 1553. Thanks and God bless. Im also open to suggestions on what I could do to help her along I'm going to keep hunting the dog and not give up on her she is 16 months old.

Last edited by Ridgerunner1988 on 11-08-2021 at 01:36 AM

Report this post to a moderator | IP: Logged

Old Post 11-08-2021 12:51 AM
Ridgerunner1988 is offline Click Here to See the Profile for Ridgerunner1988 Click here to Send Ridgerunner1988 a Private Message Find more posts by Ridgerunner1988 Add Ridgerunner1988 to your buddy list Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote
houndsound
UKC Forum Member

If you have any kind of coon population at all, I would quit hunting her off feeder buckets. Just get her off and walk her in the woods... she needs to stumble across a hot track on its own. I think sometimes a young dog can be confused by 3 or 4 tracks coming in and out of a feeder.

I also think you are right in trying to take her with someone else that has a nice hound or two... but I would only do that 25% of the time... keep solo hunting her.

dk

Old Post 11-08-2021 03:00 AM
houndsound is offline Click Here to See the Profile for houndsound Click here to Send houndsound a Private Message Click Here to Email houndsound Find more posts by houndsound Add houndsound to your buddy list Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote
Ridgerunner1988
UKC Forum Member

quote:
Originally posted by houndsound
If you have any kind of coon population at all, I would quit hunting her off feeder buckets. Just get her off and walk her in the woods... she needs to stumble across a hot track on its own. I think sometimes a young dog can be confused by 3 or 4 tracks coming in and out of a feeder.

I also think you are right in trying to take her with someone else that has a nice hound or two... but I would only do that 25% of the time... keep solo hunting her.

dk

The coon population around here isn't good at all I just recently put the feeder up to.try and get her on a hot track. I'm going to keep hunting her no matter if anyone calls to let me hunt with them or not I've been trying for a while now to try and find someone to hunt with just thought posting on here would help me find someone. I make 3 drops with her a night and the last one has recently been the feeder. Maybe she will turn out just can't loose patience with her and hopefully someone will call wanting to hunt.

Old Post 11-08-2021 03:12 AM
Ridgerunner1988 is offline Click Here to See the Profile for Ridgerunner1988 Click here to Send Ridgerunner1988 a Private Message Find more posts by Ridgerunner1988 Add Ridgerunner1988 to your buddy list Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote
Ronman
UKC Forum Member

Keep putting her in the woods. You’re on the right track. It takes longer when you’re in thin coons.

Old Post 11-08-2021 04:44 AM
Ronman is offline Click Here to See the Profile for Ronman Click here to Send Ronman a Private Message Click Here to Email Ronman Find more posts by Ronman Add Ronman to your buddy list Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote
Ridgerunner1988
UKC Forum Member

BTT

BTT still looking for a hunting partner. Don't understand what it is anymore seems nobody wants anyone to hunt with them anymore unless there close friends. Back when my old dog was alive I'd take anyone who wanted to go hoping to get someone new involved.

Old Post 11-19-2021 09:26 PM
Dave Richards
UKC Forum Member

Re: BTT

quote:
Originally posted by Ridgerunner1988
BTT still looking for a hunting partner. Don't understand what it is anymore seems nobody wants anyone to hunt with them anymore unless there close friends. Back when my old dog was alive I'd take anyone who wanted to go hoping to get someone new involved.

I am not close to you at all and have a torn ACL that hinders my mountain hunting, if not for those facts I would drive down and hunt with you some night. Sorry, I just would not be much help, like you, I have ALWAYS let anyone who wanted to go hunt with me. I hope you find someone close to you to hunt with. Dave

Old Post 11-20-2021 02:30 AM
Dave Richards is offline Click Here to See the Profile for Dave Richards Click here to Send Dave Richards a Private Message Click Here to Email Dave Richards Find more posts by Dave Richards Add Dave Richards to your buddy list Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote
Ridgerunner1988
UKC Forum Member

BTT

Still looking for someone to hunt with. Is there not anyone out there willing to let me hunt with them? Heck I'm offering new hunting ground for someone to hunt there dogs, good hunting ground too that no one else hunts because I'm the only one allowed to hunt the property. I can see now why they say that anymore coonhunting is a dying sport. Nobody is willing to let anyone hunt with them unless their inside the little they have.

Old Post 11-22-2021 11:51 PM