UKC Forums UKC Website :: Hunting Ops :: All-Breed Sports :: Registration :: UKC Online Store
Here you can view your subscribed threads, work with private messages and edit your profile and preferences Registration is free! Calendar Find other members Frequently Asked Questions Search Home  
UKC Forums : Powered by vBulletin version 2.3.0 UKC Forums > Departments > UKC Coonhounds > Thank YOU to the son of Rich Arnold, Bill Russell, and Mike Biggins
  Last Thread   Next Thread
Author
Thread Post New Thread    Post A Reply
Rocketman55
UKC Forum Member

Thank YOU to the son of Rich Arnold, Bill Russell, and Mike Biggins

If you are ever hunting near a little town just NE of Athens Ohio, You can rest assured there are still some mighty fine folks living in that area. The little town I am referring to is Millfield, Ohio.

Let me tell my story The weekend of April 1st, I had taken my female to a local UKC hunt. Needless to say she sure didn't preform to my expectations so I withdrew and headed to the house. Upon arrival I was feeling a little dejected at her performance so I took my brand new T-5 collar off her, laid it in the bed of the truck and took her to her kennel. I was thinking I would gather up the collar and put it away the next day. Guess what, I forgot!. So that following Tuesday I went to pick up my 92 year old father who suffers from Dementia, and several other health issues but I always take him for a ride once a week. Usually around the roads he grew up on, as that is about all he remembers these days.

After about 3 hours of driving these back roads where we used to hunt, I realized my tailgate was still down. Low and behold that new T-5 collar was not in the bed of my truck. I thought well maybe I had actually put it up in my hunting room and didn't remember. Well when I got home I looked but didn't find it. So I went back and drove many of those same roads, NO LUCK. I double checked my haul box to make sure I hadn't put in it there, NO LUCK. So i figured well it is just gone.

Two days ago, one of the local farmers, who' family have been farming the farms for the last 80 years or so, contacted my nephew and told him he had found a dog collar along side the road a couple days ago. He and his family have allowed coon hunting on their land all these years and my nephew hunts his farms quite frequently. He gave the collar to my nephew and told him he might have a better idea who may have lost this collar and if he never found the owner, well then it was his to keep.

Now I had not told anybody I had lost my new collar, NOT EVEN MY WIFE, LOL. So mike calls and asks what I may know about a T-5 collar. I told him not a lot except that I lost mine new one about 2 1/2 months ago. So mike tells me the story of how it was found just 4-5 days ago off in the ditch. I told him if it was mine we could find out real quick as I still had it programmed into my handheld. Well last night I went over, powered the thing on, and it linked right up to my unit. Man was I tickled pink. It still had 3/4 charge on the collar.

So today I want to Thank the good folks in and around Millfield, Ohio. Mr. Bill Russell, Mr. Mike Biggins, and the son of Mr. Rich Arnold, as he is the one who actually found the collar. These folks are some of the finest, most honest people, you will ever meet, and I am thankful I live in a community that flourishes with these type people.

You all are a blessing, and It's good to know there are some families that are still raising their children to do the right thing. Now I will go and Thank each of them personally!!

Just wanted to recognize a gracious act of kindness in these trying times.

Glouster, Ohio 45732
Home To:
Gr.Nt.Ch. Hooper Ridge Hang'em High Holly
Gr.Nt.Ch. Hooper Ridge Rockets Top Gun.
Gr.Nt.Ch.Hooper Ridge Rocket
Gr.Nt.Ch Hooper Ridge Dolly
Nt.Ch Hooper Ridge Queen
Nt.Ch Raw Dawg Rowdy
PR Tree Banging Buddy
HOOPER RIDGE ENGLISH-POUND FOR POUND THEY ARE ONE TOUGH HOUND!!!!

Report this post to a moderator | IP: Logged

Old Post 06-25-2017 06:09 PM
Rocketman55 is offline Click Here to See the Profile for Rocketman55 Click here to Send Rocketman55 a Private Message Click Here to Email Rocketman55 Find more posts by Rocketman55 Add Rocketman55 to your buddy list Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote
Dave Richards
UKC Forum Member

Dave

I sure enjoyed this story,and I am glad you choose to share this with the UKC community. Honesty is still alive and kicking. Glad you got your collar back. I am very pleased to know you take time to care for your father. Good things happen to good people. Dave

Old Post 06-25-2017 07:33 PM
Dave Richards is offline Click Here to See the Profile for Dave Richards Click here to Send Dave Richards a Private Message Click Here to Email Dave Richards Find more posts by Dave Richards Add Dave Richards to your buddy list Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote
Rocketman55
UKC Forum Member

David, Thank you so very much for your kind thoughts. My Dad and I shared one to two nights a week, sometimes more than that chasing initially foxhounds, and then moving on to these ole coonhounds for the past 45 plus years or so.

He has now very little to no memory at all of our following of the hounds, but he still has some memory of the places he hunted with his father. Dementia and atzheimers, combines with a stroke has pretty much robbed Dad of the last 60 to 70 years of his life, but there are some days that he remembers that He & I used to coon hunt together. It sure sparks a warm feeling in my heart when he says didn't we used to turn loose right here. This has all happened in the last 3 years. Up until 3 years ago Dad and I were still hunting 1-2 nights per week.

I sure have been blessed to have had my Dad to hunt with for all these years, and especially so since I gave my life to Christ. The blessings such as this tracking collar finding it's way back to me is not unusual, when I think of all the other things my Lord and Savior provides for me, but it sure is refreshing and amazing to see HIS love continually poured out on this non-deserving soul.

Again I thank You for your kindness, and confirming the goodness that is still in the hearts of many, as we travel through this ole world we now live in. God Bless!!

Glouster, Ohio 45732
Home To:
Nt.Ch Hooper Ridge Queen
Nt.Ch Raw Dawg Rowdy
PR Tree Banging Buddy

Old Post 06-26-2017 04:25 AM
Rocketman55 is offline Click Here to See the Profile for Rocketman55 Click here to Send Rocketman55 a Private Message Click Here to Email Rocketman55 Find more posts by Rocketman55 Add Rocketman55 to your buddy list Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote
CHEWBACH
UKC Forum Member

lol

That's great Dave !! Glad you found it !! things cost $$ to lose like that !! you''ll need next time we go hunting !!gonna come down today!! my young dog got into something and not sure what but!! iam just waiting so I can plant him!! prob today!!

Old Post 06-26-2017 06:35 PM
CHEWBACH is offline Click Here to See the Profile for CHEWBACH Click here to Send CHEWBACH a Private Message Find more posts by CHEWBACH Add CHEWBACH to your buddy list Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote
Rocketman55
UKC Forum Member

Thanks Carson, You be safe coming down! I'm gonna try to get out tomorrow night, after I deliver my camper to my daughter.

Glouster, Ohio 45732
Home To:
Nt.Ch Hooper Ridge Queen
Nt.Ch Raw Dawg Rowdy
PR Tree Banging Buddy

Old Post 06-27-2017 02:33 AM
ov_blues
UKC Forum Member

I heard about your garmin today but didn't know it was
you who had lost it. I'm glad you got it back but it would have probably been mine if you hadn't. I think I have a family connection up there. Lol

Old Post 06-28-2017 03:22 AM
ov_blues is offline Click Here to See the Profile for ov_blues Click here to Send ov_blues a Private Message Click Here to Email ov_blues Find more posts by ov_blues Add ov_blues to your buddy list Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote