UKC Forums UKC Website :: Hunting Ops :: All-Breed Sports :: Registration :: UKC Online Store
Here you can view your subscribed threads, work with private messages and edit your profile and preferences Registration is free! Calendar Find other members Frequently Asked Questions Search Home  
UKC Forums : Powered by vBulletin version 2.3.0 UKC Forums > UKC Free Classifieds > Coonhound Classifieds > Blueticks: Stud Dog and Kennel Promotion > Stud
Pages (2): [1] 2 »   Last Thread   Next Thread
Author
Thread Post New Thread    Post A Reply
Toddrobinson
UKC Forum Member

Stud

I have my opinions but always open to more. Titled or not, in yalls eyes and ears what is the best reproducer and coon dog in a bluetick male out there? Looking for these traits. Hard huntin leaves in a hurry, looking to get alone most the time, big mouth, track speed, wanting a sho nuff reproducer, early starting pups, accurate, and houndy.
I dont care much about how he is bred. I don't care if he is titles or just a hide/pleasure dog.
Looking to breed a super nice female outta Brummy around September timeframe. She is a dead loner, big male built female, big mouth, very accurate, and can move out on track. Drifts well.
Mainly interested in a male that we can hunt with and do a live breeding but we are entertaining the AI route as well.
I know all this is difficult to find in one hound so we are looking for something close to this. We are located in South Carolina and are willing to travel wherever the right stud is. Appreciate the feedback.

Last edited by Toddrobinson on 05-28-2017 at 01:50 AM

Report this post to a moderator | IP: Logged

Old Post 05-28-2017 01:47 AM
Toddrobinson is offline Click Here to See the Profile for Toddrobinson Click here to Send Toddrobinson a Private Message Click Here to Email Toddrobinson Find more posts by Toddrobinson Add Toddrobinson to your buddy list Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote
circlepkennels
UKC Forum Member

stud

Todd I think I have every thing u are looking for but just don't know the reproducing rate of him yet u welcome. To hunt with him if u would like .

Old Post 05-28-2017 07:16 PM
circlepkennels is offline Click Here to See the Profile for circlepkennels Click here to Send circlepkennels a Private Message Click Here to Email circlepkennels Find more posts by circlepkennels Add circlepkennels to your buddy list Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote
Toddrobinson
UKC Forum Member

William

May come up one night and see him go. We're looking hard right now to get a few in mind to narrow it down to. Thanks

Old Post 05-29-2017 07:30 AM
Toddrobinson is offline Click Here to See the Profile for Toddrobinson Click here to Send Toddrobinson a Private Message Click Here to Email Toddrobinson Find more posts by Toddrobinson Add Toddrobinson to your buddy list Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote
nickhagerman
UKC Forum Member

I figured this would have a few more replies.
She is a super nice female that should do her part on reproducing.
Todd you know what I would cross her on.
There are a lot nice stud dogs to choose from on here if you read there posts.

A few Id look at.
Jake
Beamer if he can still throw pups I know he's old.
Big country

Those are just the 3 that stand out to me and I think all 3 can compliment her down falls and she could compliment there's as well.

Oakley. Kentucky boomer. boomer 2. I've heard good things on them as well but not had the chance to hunt with them or many of there pups.

GrNitech Eagle Lake Mojane
2022 Silver lake walker sec. CW
2022 walker days CW
2022 Wyatt rqe 1st place
2023 lieters ford rqe 2nd place
2023 TOC top 96
Qualified for TOC 2023, 2024

Nitech Eagle Lake smiling Bob
Qualified for TOC 2024, 2025
Nitech at 13 months

Nick Hagerman (260)237-0392

Old Post 06-05-2017 07:31 AM
nickhagerman is offline Click Here to See the Profile for nickhagerman Click here to Send nickhagerman a Private Message Click Here to Email nickhagerman Find more posts by nickhagerman Add nickhagerman to your buddy list Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote
steeb_63
UKC Forum Member

I REALLY LIKE WHAT OUR LONESOME II DOG IS DOING AND THE PUPS HE IS PUTTING OUT THERE BUT HE IS A NO NAME HOUND THAT TREES COON AND WONT BE WITH ANOTHER HOUND,HUGE QUIVERING BAWL LOCATE, GETS GONE FINISHES HIS TRACKS AND HAS THE MEAT THE BIGGEST PERCENT OF THE TIME!!HARD TO BELIEVE NICK WOULDNT MENTION HIM??

2018 2ND PLACE BREED WINNER PKC
2019 ILLINOIS STATE CHAMPION
2019 AUTUMN OAKS GRAND 16
2019 AUTUMN OAKS NATL GRNITECH OF BREED
2019 ZONE 3 HIGH SCORING DOG
2019 WORLD CH TOP 100
2019 PURINA NATIONALS BREED WINNER.
2019 FALL ROUND UP KING OF THE HUNT.
2019 ERCHA PKC PRO HUNT TOP 4
2020 WINTER CLASSIC SAT. 4TH PLACE CHAMPION DIVISION
2020 WORLD QUALIIFIED
2020 NATIONAL BLUETICK DAYS INVITATIONAL HUNT WINNER
2020 NATIONAL BLUETICK DAYS DOUBLE CAST WINNER 3RD PLACE GRNITECH FRI AND 4TH PLACE GRNITECH SAT
2020 Natl english days high scoring dog overall fri 1rst place grnitech sat 3rd place grnitech.
2021 invitational hunt winner
2021 natl bluetick days 9th place RQE winner
T0C Top 64 winner

ALSO HOME OF
PR Stebers Lil Blue Krayzee[dual grand penny x grnitech krypt]
nitech Stebers Big Ole Slick
NITECH STEBERS MIGHTY LONESOME 3 AKA CASH[7 wins towards grnitech
Stebers Mighty Blue Bell
Stebers 5 Gen
Stebers Pure Country
Stebers Shining Diamond
Stebers Lonesome Sue
Stebers Mighty Blue Patsy
Stebers Ole Blue Betty
Stebers Lil Blue Krayzee II
AND SEVERAL YOUNG ONES IN THE MIX

Old Post 06-06-2017 12:29 AM
steeb_63 is offline Click Here to See the Profile for steeb_63 Click here to Send steeb_63 a Private Message Click Here to Email steeb_63 Find more posts by steeb_63 Add steeb_63 to your buddy list Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote
recon
UKC Forum Member

From what I see on here, the fact that you want to hunt with the stud will probably limit the number of responses you receive. My hat is off to you for wanting to do so though. I did that a few years ago, and ended up not breeding her at all. One of those studs is still advertised on this forum. I went with the intention of making an offer to buy him, or at the least breeding to him. I ended up doing neither. Good luck in your search.

Last edited by recon on 06-06-2017 at 02:17 AM

Old Post 06-06-2017 02:10 AM
recon is offline Click Here to See the Profile for recon Click here to Send recon a Private Message Click Here to Email recon Find more posts by recon Add recon to your buddy list Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote
southernthunder
UKC Forum Member

You are more than welcome to come hunt with Crocket. He is 9 years old now. I know it's a long trip but I have a place you can stay if needed. Just giving you a long distance option.

Southern Thunder Bluetick Kennels

At Stud: GRNITECH PR HAMLIN'S BLUE WHIP
PERFORMANCE SIRE $300 STUD FEE

HOME OF: GRNITECH GRCH PR HAMLIN'S DAVIE CROCKET HTX
2015 TRIPLE CROWN CHAMPION
2015 PURINA RACE BREED CHAMPION
2015 AUTUMN OAKS NATIONAL GRNITECH BLUETICK
2015 AUTUMN OAKS GRAND 16
2015 AUTUMN OAKS BBOA / BBCHA HIGH SCORING BLUETICK
2015 WINTER CLASSIC DOUBLE CAST WINNER PURINA POINTS EVENT
2015 WINTER CLASSIC BBOA HIGH SCORING BLUETICK
2015 ARKANSAS STATE PURINA CONTENDER CAST WINNER / HIGH SCORE
2015 MISSOURI STATE PURINA CONTENDER CAST WINNER / HIGH SCORE
2015 OKLAHOMA STATE PURINA CONTENDER CAST WINNER
2015 KENTUCKY STATE PURINA CONTENDER CAST WINNER
2015 INDIANA STATE PURINA CONTEDER CAST WINNER
2015 BBOA ZONE 7 CHAMPION / DOUBLE CAST WINNER / HIGH SCORE / KING OF HUNT
2015 BBOA TEXAS STATE CHAMPION / HIGH SCORE / KING OF HUNT
2015 BBOA / WESTERN ENGLISH SHOOTOUT DOUBLE CAST WINNER / HIGH SCORE / KING OF HUNT
2015 UNITED ENGLISH ARKANSAS STATE CHAMPIONSHIP CHAMPION / HIGH SCORE OVERALL CHAMPION
2015 BBOA YOUTH NATIONALS CAST WINNER 2ND OVERALL HIGH SCORE
2015 BBOA ZONE 7 HOUND OF THE YEAR
2015 BBOA/BBCHA GRAND REUNION RQE 1ST PLACE IOWA
2015 BBOA NATIONAL BLUETICK DAYS INVITATIONAL CAST WINNER / 1ST RUNNER UP
2015 ELBERT VAUGHN MEMORIAL CHAMPION
2015 BILL JACKSON MEMORIAL CHAMPION
2015 BOOMER SOONER CLASSIC CHAMPION
2015 WESTERN ENGLISH SPRING CLASSIS CAST WINNER
2015 OKLAHOMA STATE YOUTH CHAMPIONSHIP CAST WINNER
2015 BLUETICK CHALLENGE CHAMPION
2015 BBOA OKLAHOMA STATE CHAMPION / DOUBLE CAST WINNER / HIGH SCORE / KING OF HUNT
2015 UKC WORLD HUNT CAST WINNER
2016 PURINA NATIONALS CAST WINNER / BREED CHAMPION / HIGH SCORING BLUETICK
5 Time World Qualifier and 3 Peat Zone Champion
Too many wins to list them all
2020 Performance Sire at Stud
GRCH GRNITECH PR HAMLIN'S DAVIE CROCKET HTX

Thanks to everyone who has breed to Crocket or is hunting one of his offspring

Old Post 06-06-2017 02:24 AM
southernthunder is offline Click Here to See the Profile for southernthunder Click here to Send southernthunder a Private Message Find more posts by southernthunder Add southernthunder to your buddy list Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote
damon shivers
UKC Forum Member

Ch Nitech Shivers Magic Lead

He is her if u want him! Performances!

Nitech Ch PR Shivers Magic Lead-MagicXHooker
Breeder and handler and half owner of Nitech Grch Grwch Grfch PR Rock Acres Brutus HTX sire MagicXShelly
Cali- Ch Wch Grnite Shivers Magic Buckeye x Dual Grand Tuff

Old Post 06-06-2017 02:36 AM
damon shivers is offline Click Here to See the Profile for damon shivers Click here to Send damon shivers a Private Message Find more posts by damon shivers Add damon shivers to your buddy list Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote
Trent
UKC Forum Member

Come on up and hunt with Oakley. I got nothing to hide and I can guarantee I didn't cheat a kid to win! I'll turn him loose any possible way you wanna see him go and don't think you'll leave disappointed!

NtCh North Star Blue Tiki (RIP)
(Thorson's Tree'n Blue Dutch X North Star Blue Kitty)
1st, 1st, 3rd, 5th, and a 9th

Gr. Nt. Ch. North Star Blue Oakley (Rip)
(Oppy's Rushcreek Spit X North Star Blue Tiki)

NiteCh North Star Blue Gucci
(North Star Blue Oakley x Rolin Blue Freaky Fast)

NiteCh Barker Creek El Chapo
(Raging Water Wizard of Oz x Barker Creek Blue Polly)

Old Post 06-06-2017 02:39 AM
Trent is offline Click Here to See the Profile for Trent Click here to Send Trent a Private Message Click Here to Email Trent Find more posts by Trent Add Trent to your buddy list Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote
kengregory
UKC Forum Member

Dual Grand Johnny Reb I think he's in Georgia right now...give Steve Perryman a call. 870-371-0214

Old Post 06-06-2017 11:30 AM
kengregory is offline Click Here to See the Profile for kengregory Click here to Send kengregory a Private Message Find more posts by kengregory Add kengregory to your buddy list Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote
recon
UKC Forum Member

quote:
Originally posted by Trent
Come on up and hunt with Oakley. I got nothing to hide and I can guarantee I didn't cheat a kid to win! I'll turn him loose any possible way you wanna see him go and don't think you'll leave disappointed!

LOL. Too bad everyone can't say that!!!!

I hear good things about Oakley Trent. Good luck with him.

Old Post 06-06-2017 02:16 PM
recon is offline Click Here to See the Profile for recon Click here to Send recon a Private Message Click Here to Email recon Find more posts by recon Add recon to your buddy list Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote
steeb_63
UKC Forum Member

I WOULD LOVE TO COME HAVE A HUNT WITH US

2018 2ND PLACE BREED WINNER PKC
2019 ILLINOIS STATE CHAMPION
2019 AUTUMN OAKS GRAND 16
2019 AUTUMN OAKS NATL GRNITECH OF BREED
2019 ZONE 3 HIGH SCORING DOG
2019 WORLD CH TOP 100
2019 PURINA NATIONALS BREED WINNER.
2019 FALL ROUND UP KING OF THE HUNT.
2019 ERCHA PKC PRO HUNT TOP 4
2020 WINTER CLASSIC SAT. 4TH PLACE CHAMPION DIVISION
2020 WORLD QUALIIFIED
2020 NATIONAL BLUETICK DAYS INVITATIONAL HUNT WINNER
2020 NATIONAL BLUETICK DAYS DOUBLE CAST WINNER 3RD PLACE GRNITECH FRI AND 4TH PLACE GRNITECH SAT
2020 Natl english days high scoring dog overall fri 1rst place grnitech sat 3rd place grnitech.
2021 invitational hunt winner
2021 natl bluetick days 9th place RQE winner
T0C Top 64 winner

ALSO HOME OF
PR Stebers Lil Blue Krayzee[dual grand penny x grnitech krypt]
nitech Stebers Big Ole Slick
NITECH STEBERS MIGHTY LONESOME 3 AKA CASH[7 wins towards grnitech
Stebers Mighty Blue Bell
Stebers 5 Gen
Stebers Pure Country
Stebers Shining Diamond
Stebers Lonesome Sue
Stebers Mighty Blue Patsy
Stebers Ole Blue Betty
Stebers Lil Blue Krayzee II
AND SEVERAL YOUNG ONES IN THE MIX

Old Post 06-07-2017 12:45 AM
steeb_63 is offline Click Here to See the Profile for steeb_63 Click here to Send steeb_63 a Private Message Click Here to Email steeb_63 Find more posts by steeb_63 Add steeb_63 to your buddy list Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote
wvcoonrunner
UKC Forum Member

Shannon Senter in Virginia has a stud by the name of Foggy Mountain Blaze, he may be just what you're looking for.

Old Post 06-07-2017 06:45 PM
wvcoonrunner is offline Click Here to See the Profile for wvcoonrunner Find more posts by wvcoonrunner Add wvcoonrunner to your buddy list Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote
Toddrobinson
UKC Forum Member

All mentioned

Thanks guys for commenting. Nick, Dave, and myself are on the same page with Panic.
Jeff you're spot on with what I'm thinking. Everyone's idea of what a coon dog is or should be is different than mine and others and of course mine may differ from most. I know what we want and what we like so hunting with a stud is a must unless she is AI'd. Which may happen.
Our plan is do do our part in improving the breed. However, we both realize that we can't do it a alone. I really like rebel, Tuff, Hagerman's Jake, Harpeth river Jack, and several others. Johnny Reb is a hound that's gaining my interest as well. These hounds mentioned would do their part I feel sure. I think each would add something to Panic as well as some may not cross as well. It's all part of it.
We all know that some lines cross better with certain lines and not as good on some also. We've seen it time and time again. Dave and I will be making plans to set up some trips for a hunt or two soon with some of these hounds.
I appreciate all of your interest and input and please keep it coming.
Thanks

Old Post 06-08-2017 06:07 AM
SoonerBeBlue
UKC Forum Member

I would want to hunt with a dog in similar terrain that you are going to be hunting in. some dogs don't look so good when they get out of their comfort zone.

Hound I currently have in training:
Mountain Fork Blue Mable

Old Post 06-08-2017 04:15 PM
SoonerBeBlue is offline Click Here to See the Profile for SoonerBeBlue Click here to Send SoonerBeBlue a Private Message Find more posts by SoonerBeBlue Add SoonerBeBlue to your buddy list Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote
wesley martin
UKC Forum Member

What line of blue dogs has won more on the bigger stage the last 10 years. Not winning only at local hunts. Echo, Echo 11, Bodacious, Bocephus, and Botax. Ad in Dizzie, Blue,Bimbo and probally some I forgot. There is one in North Carolina Mr. Blue which sure be a good dog to try. All hunt hard, head up, Winners Which have the mouth and looks. They will all have a never quit. All consuming desire to go hunting.

Ps I sold a young dog when I started Bobcat hunting which was as good a young dog as I have had in a long time, into North Carolina. Bocephus X Trudy Put him in 3 money hunts at 20 months won 2 going away, the third I lost for him.

Old Post 06-08-2017 10:00 PM
wesley martin is offline Click Here to See the Profile for wesley martin Find more posts by wesley martin Add wesley martin to your buddy list Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote
SoonerBeBlue
UKC Forum Member

Wesley Martin, what big stage hunt did those dogs win? Grand American, Winter Classic, Autumn Oaks, state hunts, Akc, Ukc, Pkc, ect. we know none of them won the world hunt. maybe you are talking about winning a cast or 2. I been looking through old books and the dogs that I remember that actually won events in different places were Droop, Droop Jr, Spanky, Levi, Dancer, Jet 8, Gauge. these dogs won hunts all over the country. i'm sure these dogs won a cast or 2 at the world hunt also but don't know for sure. I will check and see if I can find the purina race winners over the years. that should be a great place to find dogs that can win under pressure. I can't imagine how worn out those dogs running the purina race must get traveling all the time competing against the best in every breed. I read a piece one time where Dexter Whatley was talking about how hard it was on both the hound and hunter. I forgot about the Hoss dog and Chiefs Blue Dancer. i'm sure I forgot others too and don't mean to leave anybody out. these are just the ones I remember reading about. don't forget Sooner Be Blue either he was the 87 or 88 purina race breed winner or runner up. i'm going to look them up to be for sure.

Mountain Fork Blue Mable

Last edited by SoonerBeBlue on 06-08-2017 at 11:35 PM

Old Post 06-08-2017 11:33 PM
SoonerBeBlue is offline Click Here to See the Profile for SoonerBeBlue Click here to Send SoonerBeBlue a Private Message Find more posts by SoonerBeBlue Add SoonerBeBlue to your buddy list Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote
recon
UKC Forum Member

Echo II, Bodacious, Bocephus and Botox were all high scoring blueticks at the UKC world hunt. Echo II being Bodacious' sire, Bodacious being Bocephus' sire and Bocephus being Botox's sire. Having hunted with this line of dogs for a lot of years, I feel confident this trend will continue. I have a feeling we will see another UKC World Hunt high scoring bluetick out of Bocephus before its all said and done.

With the females that are behind Bodacious and Bocephus, and with some of the top females that have been bred to Bocephus, this line of dogs will just keep getting more and more competitive.

Last edited by recon on 06-08-2017 at 11:57 PM

Old Post 06-08-2017 11:54 PM
SoonerBeBlue
UKC Forum Member

recon, I thought that is what he was talking about but wasn't sure. I didn't remember seeing them in anything else but its easy to overlook some too.

Mountain Fork Blue Mable

Old Post 06-09-2017 12:26 AM
recon
UKC Forum Member

I'm sure it was what Wesley was talking about when he stated big stage, but make no mistake, all of those dogs he listed have won a lot more than that. Take a look at the PKC Bluetick Breed Race standings right now. The number one and two hounds are both off Bocephus, and Bocephus is number eleven himself.

Old Post 06-09-2017 12:50 AM
SoonerBeBlue
UKC Forum Member

that is good.

Mountain Fork Blue Mable

Old Post 06-09-2017 12:56 AM
recon
UKC Forum Member

While you are researching, see if there is any other line of blue dogs that has had four consecutive generations of world hunt high scoring dogs. I would be interested in knowing.

The breeding in these dogs is going in a positive direction. It's gonna make its mark before it's over.

Old Post 06-09-2017 01:07 AM
Tully
UKC Forum Member

Heck of a nice dog right here. Blows a hole in the night, can RUN a track, and is accurate! I've hunted with him many times, and I like the dog a lot! He looks way better than the owner, even in the dark!

quote:
Originally posted by Trent

Grnitech Grch4 $KC Ch Sky's Bawlin' Blue Rocket
Rocket's Dowd Creed Wack
Emma's Blue Power Amigo
Ch Rocket's T&T Gnarly Blue Smash
00 Dowd Creek Wack
Rocket's Dowd Creek Lil Deuce

641-352-0706

Old Post 06-09-2017 02:44 AM
Tully is offline Click Here to See the Profile for Tully Click here to Send Tully a Private Message Click Here to Email Tully Find more posts by Tully Add Tully to your buddy list Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote
Toddrobinson
UKC Forum Member

Studs

Definitely been a lot of really nice ones recommended. Too bad we can't get a little of all them bundled up in one. I don't know much about Oakley but have had several people throw his name In the mix. That alone says a lot about a hound. Always like hearing multiple people talking.
Jeff the Bocephus dog has always had my attention due to his sire Bo and the females that's backing these hounds. I do believe you mentioned that. It's a good thing we have time to look and make our minds up.

Old Post 06-09-2017 07:48 AM
recon
UKC Forum Member

Re: Studs

quote:
Originally posted by Toddrobinson
Definitely been a lot of really nice ones recommended. Too bad we can't get a little of all them bundled up in one. I don't know much about Oakley but have had several people throw his name In the mix. That alone says a lot about a hound. Always like hearing multiple people talking.
Jeff the Bocephus dog has always had my attention due to his sire Bo and the females that's backing these hounds. I do believe you mentioned that. It's a good thing we have time to look and make our minds up.

I rarely "recommend", and would not if I had not hunted with him myself, have first hand knowledge of him, and known him since he was young, but I would highly recommend Bocephus. It is hard to deny what he is reproducing when bred to nice females.

You may also look at Mr. Blue. I don't know anything about him, other than what I have been told, but I trust the men I have heard it from. He is a littermate to Bocephus and is there in North Carolina. He just never was pushed in the hunts like his brother, but I feel confident he will reproduce as well. I know there is a posting on this forum for him at stud. I'm sure either of his previous owners, Ritchie McDonald (goes by hat creek mac on here), or Wesley Martin could tell you anything you want to know about Mr. Blue.

Old Post 06-09-2017 02:52 PM