UKC Forums UKC Website :: Hunting Ops :: All-Breed Sports :: Registration :: UKC Online Store
Here you can view your subscribed threads, work with private messages and edit your profile and preferences Registration is free! Calendar Find other members Frequently Asked Questions Search Home  
UKC Forums : Powered by vBulletin version 2.3.0 UKC Forums > Departments > UKC Coonhounds > My pup
  Last Thread   Next Thread
Author
Thread Post New Thread    Post A Reply
Wdb91
UKC Forum Member

My pup

Got an 8 month old English pup that's coming on better than any dog I have had at this age...has a great locate,semi-silent on track,and has a ton of drive and loves to hunt...sounds awesome but only problem is she has been refusing to bark on the tree....last 2 times out she has struck ran a couple hundred then shows up treed on my alpha..I have marked her location, walked to where she is and both times we have laid eyes on a coon..when I get to her she will start blowing the top out but until I get to her maybe one bark and that's it.she has never been hunted with another dog and has been going by herself since about 5 months old..I know she will eventually figure it out but it's just frustrating when I have never had a dog do this..

Report this post to a moderator | IP: Logged

Old Post 06-28-2017 05:47 AM
Wdb91 is offline Click Here to See the Profile for Wdb91 Click here to Send Wdb91 a Private Message Click Here to Email Wdb91 Find more posts by Wdb91 Add Wdb91 to your buddy list Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote
Bruce m. Conkey
UKC Forum Member

Well I love hunting them by themselves but maybe time to be with another dog a time or two. It use to be---hunt them by themselves---hunt them by themselves. Things change and so do our dogs. Alone all the time may not be the best to have a well rounded dog.

Old Post 06-28-2017 09:41 AM
Bruce m. Conkey is offline Click Here to See the Profile for Bruce m. Conkey Click here to Send Bruce m. Conkey a Private Message Click Here to Email Bruce m. Conkey Visit Bruce m. Conkey's homepage! Find more posts by Bruce m. Conkey Add Bruce m. Conkey to your buddy list Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote
B&Ttreed2017
Banned

JMO

The 7th word you typed in yer post bub.."PUP" ...Im guilty of it as well,we try and want our pups that are still in 1st grade do 8th grade work. I agree with Mr Conkey,just dont burn her out. Sounds like you got a goodun there.

Qualified for UKC World 2017
Won his first 4 Shows in a row
Made Champion at 11 months
Qualified for the Illinois Govenors Cup 2017
Owned & Handled by 10 yr old Lil Darik
Titus has been found!!! 4 hours north of us. Dariks Happy Again!
God Is Great!!

Bradleys Tenacious Super Star
Leons Darkside x Blue Label Lilly
2 Wins towards UKC Show Champion
Owned & Handled by 9 yr old Bradley__________________________
618-320-0880 Cell
~Rest In Peace Ole Boy~
Biehls Tenacious Jet
Hobo Hoss x Kansas Jewell

Old Post 06-28-2017 11:39 AM
B&Ttreed2017 is offline Click Here to See the Profile for B&Ttreed2017 Click here to Send B&Ttreed2017 a Private Message Click Here to Email B&Ttreed2017 Find more posts by B&Ttreed2017 Add B&Ttreed2017 to your buddy list Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote
Wdb91
UKC Forum Member

Bruce I will try her with another dog and see what happens,maybe that's all it will take...and b&t I know she's a pup she's just doing such a good job that I'm dying for her to finish out,I know I should just let it come as it comes.....and she's definately a good one...she out of mark looneys big river dog..

Old Post 06-28-2017 12:24 PM
Wdb91 is offline Click Here to See the Profile for Wdb91 Click here to Send Wdb91 a Private Message Click Here to Email Wdb91 Find more posts by Wdb91 Add Wdb91 to your buddy list Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote
SRF
UKC Forum Member

Sounds like your asking too much out of a pup. At 8 months old and he's already running a coon and putting it in the tree is impressive. He probably just needs to mature because 8 months is still really young and in my experience pups don't have there full ability until about 1-2 years depending on the pup. If you keep hunting him he'll get better with age as he matures.

Good luck with your hound.

Old Post 06-28-2017 01:28 PM
SRF is offline Click Here to See the Profile for SRF Click here to Send SRF a Private Message Click Here to Email SRF Find more posts by SRF Add SRF to your buddy list Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote
Wdb91
UKC Forum Member

I'm sure I'm asking to much of her.she has just came along so fast and I'm dying for her to just complete it all.

Old Post 06-29-2017 02:09 AM
SRF
UKC Forum Member

quote:
Originally posted by Wdb91
I'm sure I'm asking to much of her.she has just came along so fast and I'm dying for her to just complete it all.
Sounds like you got a good one though. In a few months though she'll be a very good hound. I'm in the same position as you also cause i got a good red pup that's so far been one of the best pups i've had which is very impressive since he's a redbone but i've been having trouble being patient as well lol.

Old Post 06-29-2017 02:36 AM
SRF is offline Click Here to See the Profile for SRF Click here to Send SRF a Private Message Click Here to Email SRF Find more posts by SRF Add SRF to your buddy list Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote
joey
UKC Forum Member

Im going to tell you something I'm sure you dont want to hear. Its getting to hot and your pup is too young. At 8 months old this isnt the time of year to be singling it out. Just take it out once in a while and with a reliable dog until October. Not telling you what to do but just relaying my experience to you. I've messed up more than one doing what you are doing. JMO

http://www.sunspotlights.com/
When brightness matters!!

Home Of:
PKC Ch, Grch Grnch 2008 Tx state champion They call me Crazy Betty

PKC SCh CH Grnch They call me Howler too

Old Post 06-29-2017 03:02 AM
joey is offline Click Here to See the Profile for joey Click here to Send joey a Private Message Find more posts by joey Add joey to your buddy list Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote
Wdb91
UKC Forum Member

No offense takin Joey, but in my defense...it has been staying in the low 60's sometimes high 50's here at night in north Georgia and imo has been perfect weather for hunting...I'm not gonna keep a young pup in the pen and get her out once in a while when I could be taking her 3-4 nights a week and her getting plenty of experience...we have a lot of coon where I live and everyone I know here has been hunting just as hard as if it were fall/winter...now don't get me wrong if for some reason it starts staying 75 degrees or above at night(or until I start seeing rattles snakes like crazy) I won't be going much but while the weather is good,snakes are sleeping, and coons are moving im gonna keep her at it.

Old Post 06-30-2017 04:00 AM
SRF
UKC Forum Member

In north east Pennsylvania this past week it's been in the low to high 40s so it's been good hunting here. It doesn't get past 65 at night here which is nice.

Old Post 06-30-2017 08:56 PM
Wdb91
UKC Forum Member

Yea the weather has been good as far as I'm concerned

Old Post 06-30-2017 09:29 PM
steve pickett
UKC Forum Member

do u want to sell her

Old Post 06-30-2017 11:01 PM
steve pickett is offline Click Here to See the Profile for steve pickett Click here to Send steve pickett a Private Message Visit steve pickett's homepage! Find more posts by steve pickett Add steve pickett to your buddy list Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote
Wdb91
UKC Forum Member

She is not for sale

Old Post 06-30-2017 11:24 PM