UKC Forums UKC Website :: Hunting Ops :: All-Breed Sports :: Registration :: UKC Online Store
Here you can view your subscribed threads, work with private messages and edit your profile and preferences Registration is free! Calendar Find other members Frequently Asked Questions Search Home  
UKC Forums : Powered by vBulletin version 2.3.0 UKC Forums > Departments > UKC Coonhounds > dc 50 problem
  Last Thread   Next Thread
Author
Thread Post New Thread    Post A Reply
darton
UKC Forum Member

dc 50 problem

I have a question for Bruce are anyone who might have a answer for me .I started to go hunting tonight but my Dc 50 would not hook up to my 320
The 320 would say near with a question mark .I took the antenna off the dc 50 and clean it and put a new one on it . I also updated the collar and reset it still want hook up. I have a dc 40 collar it hook up to the 320 just find , any suggestions on what might be the problem .

Report this post to a moderator | IP: Logged

Old Post 06-28-2017 03:47 AM
darton is offline Click Here to See the Profile for darton Click here to Send darton a Private Message Find more posts by darton Add darton to your buddy list Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote
Duckassassin
UKC Forum Member

Try resetting the collar?

Old Post 06-28-2017 04:47 AM
Duckassassin is offline Click Here to See the Profile for Duckassassin Click here to Send Duckassassin a Private Message Find more posts by Duckassassin Add Duckassassin to your buddy list Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote
Bruce m. Conkey
UKC Forum Member

Remove the collar from the 320 and try adding it again.

Old Post 06-28-2017 09:38 AM
Bruce m. Conkey is offline Click Here to See the Profile for Bruce m. Conkey Click here to Send Bruce m. Conkey a Private Message Click Here to Email Bruce m. Conkey Visit Bruce m. Conkey's homepage! Find more posts by Bruce m. Conkey Add Bruce m. Conkey to your buddy list Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote
darton
UKC Forum Member

I removed the dc 50 from the 320 several times no luck with that either .I check the Gps antenna on the collar , no brakes in it that i could see. The collar was working fine Monday night when i used it last .

Old Post 06-28-2017 11:41 AM
darton is offline Click Here to See the Profile for darton Click here to Send darton a Private Message Find more posts by darton Add darton to your buddy list Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote
Toad Hill
UKC Forum Member

Darton >>

I just had the EXACT same problem with mine a few nights ago and i have done the EXACT same thing you done with yours and all that has been listed above and it still did not help mine either. I called Garmin they said it is prob a bad circuit board . Ive heard many cuss the DC50 and ive always said mine has never failed me and it never did . Have had it little over 2 yrs. Garmin said they would take it back and replace it with a overstock or refurb dc50 for $90 . I just put that $90 towards a new T5 for now until i decide what to do with this dc50 .
Good Luck !

Old Post 06-28-2017 09:50 PM
Toad Hill is offline Click Here to See the Profile for Toad Hill Click here to Send Toad Hill a Private Message Find more posts by Toad Hill Add Toad Hill to your buddy list Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote
darton
UKC Forum Member

I call Garmin this morning and decided I would try one of there refurbish collars for 99 .00 dollars so we will see how good they are .Thanks for your response to my question .
PS My dc50 was about 2.5 years old also hmmmm

Old Post 06-28-2017 10:01 PM
JustinH23
UKC Forum Member

I've noticed that BOTH times the very same thing has happened to me, it has been after I traveled a long distance with the collar. No sure if it's coincidence, or what. I guess $100 is better than $250. The first refurb I got worked great, up til the day it quit.

Proud member of the Deer Creek Cartel

Founding Member of the BSKC. Making coon hunting great again.

Home of:

`PR` B$C Clifford (BoonexCopper)
`PR` Johnson Branch Stub (GitXCree)

Old Post 06-29-2017 08:07 PM
JustinH23 is offline Click Here to See the Profile for JustinH23 Click here to Send JustinH23 a Private Message Click Here to Email JustinH23 Find more posts by JustinH23 Add JustinH23 to your buddy list Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote