UKC Forums UKC Website :: Hunting Ops :: All-Breed Sports :: Registration :: UKC Online Store
Here you can view your subscribed threads, work with private messages and edit your profile and preferences Registration is free! Calendar Find other members Frequently Asked Questions Search Home  
UKC Forums : Powered by vBulletin version 2.3.0 UKC Forums > Departments > UKC Coonhounds > So IF they're asking $2000.00 for
Pages (3): « 1 2 [3]   Last Thread   Next Thread
Author
Thread Post New Thread    Post A Reply
hillbilly56
UKC Forum Member

same here old tmer

ive had my best luck with the red dog's got my 1st red dog in 1964 and kept 1 around all the time i try the walker breed wasn't happy with the 2 pups i try to get going but there are some good 1s out there i just never had a good 1 i just wish the old blood was still up frt in the red dog pedigree

Report this post to a moderator | IP: Logged

Old Post 06-22-2017 02:04 AM
hillbilly56 is offline Click Here to See the Profile for hillbilly56 Click here to Send hillbilly56 a Private Message Click Here to Email hillbilly56 Find more posts by hillbilly56 Add hillbilly56 to your buddy list Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote
hillbilly56
UKC Forum Member

lol id like to seen that myself ive try all breeds but the red dogs suit me better not all but most take thier tracks as the come and have a coon at the end and will come back im to old and cripled up to go get a dog off a tree a mile away when you cut them lose but the younger gen of hunters are into those kind of dogs and love the competion hunts which i don't have a problem with that's thier thng i just like to mosey through the woods and bs with a uddy listen to a good race and a tree at the end

Old Post 06-22-2017 02:12 AM
hillbilly56 is offline Click Here to See the Profile for hillbilly56 Click here to Send hillbilly56 a Private Message Click Here to Email hillbilly56 Find more posts by hillbilly56 Add hillbilly56 to your buddy list Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote
oklared
UKC Forum Member

IF YOU DONT LIKE COMP. HUNTS THEN DONT GO, AND IF YOUVE NEVER BEEN IN ONE YOU DONT HAVE A CLUE, JMO

HOME OF 2010 HIGH SCOREING REDBONE FEMALE, DUAL CH Y2KD, #7 REPRODUCING RED FEMALE
NT.Ch. WINNER AT REDBONE SEC. 2008
3RD PL. NT.CH. 2009 BATTLE OF BREEDS AT ADA OKLA.
4TH PLACE R.Q.E 2010
2ND PLACE OVERALL AT ZONE 4 AND DOUBLE CAST WINNER 2010
WENT TO 2010 WORLD HUNT
AMERICAN REDBONE ASSOCIATION HIGH SCOREING REDBONE FEMALE OF THE 2010 WORLD HUNT
OVERALL HI SCOREING DOG AT 2010 BBCHA BLUE TIC SECTIONAL
GR.NT.CH. AT 12 and A HALF
MADE-EM SEE RED

Old Post 06-22-2017 02:12 AM
oklared is offline Click Here to See the Profile for oklared Click here to Send oklared a Private Message Click Here to Email oklared Find more posts by oklared Add oklared to your buddy list Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote
hillbilly56
UKC Forum Member

quote:
Originally posted by oklared
IF YOU DONT LIKE COMP. HUNTS THEN DONT GO, AND IF YOUVE NEVER BEEN IN ONE YOU DONT HAVE A CLUE, JMO
if your posting to me i don't go to them ive had freinds for yrs that do like i said hunt's just not my thing and i have nothing bad to say about the people that do the hunt thing

Old Post 06-22-2017 02:18 AM
oklared
UKC Forum Member

POST IS FOR A GUY THAT KNOCS COMP DOGS AND HUNTERS EVERY CHANCE HE GETS AND I DONT BELIEVE HE HAS EVER BEEN IN ONE.

HOME OF 2010 HIGH SCOREING REDBONE FEMALE, DUAL CH Y2KD, #7 REPRODUCING RED FEMALE
4TH PLACE R.Q.E 2010
WENT TO 2010 WORLD HUNT
AMERICAN REDBONE ASSOCIATION HIGH SCOREING REDBONE FEMALE OF THE 2010 WORLD HUNT
MADE-EM SEE RED

Old Post 06-22-2017 02:57 PM
oklared is offline Click Here to See the Profile for oklared Click here to Send oklared a Private Message Click Here to Email oklared Find more posts by oklared Add oklared to your buddy list Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote
John D
UKC Forum Member

I'd have to hunt with both dogs to have an opinion on what they really are. But I can speculate as much as anyone.

That 50% dog might be getting hunted and evaluated differently since he is a "competition dog". Maybe the guy turned him loose 10 times by himself in August and he treed 10 times and he saw 5 coons. I'd call that 50%.

The 80% dog might only get hunted in fall in the most coon rich part of the country. He gets turned loose 10 times.
--2 times he doesn't even go hunting and is leashed up and taken to a new spot. There was no coon there.
--3 times he can't finish a track, quits and comes in. It had frosted or maybe the moon came out.
--1 time he trees in a hollow tree.
--4 times he trees and has a coon.
So, the conclusion could be that he has a coon in 4 out of 5 trees. That is indeed 80%. Or, he might be given credit for hollow trees, and that means he's 5 for 5 and a 100% dog.

But my way of thinking is the dog was turned loose 10 times and showed me 4 coons so I would call him a 40% dog.

Click here to visit The B&T Coonhunters Message Forum for news, views, open discussion, ads, and event winners in the B&T Breed (Registration, with your full name, required)

Click here to see my Dog List

Old Post 06-22-2017 04:21 PM
John D is offline Click Here to See the Profile for John D Click here to Send John D a Private Message Click Here to Email John D Visit John D's homepage! Find more posts by John D Add John D to your buddy list Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote
Coondog123
UKC Forum Member

quote:
Originally posted by oklared
POST IS FOR A GUY THAT KNOCS COMP DOGS AND HUNTERS EVERY CHANCE HE GETS AND I DONT BELIEVE HE HAS EVER BEEN IN ONE.

Ain't got the Grit to compete.

Old Post 06-22-2017 04:41 PM
Coondog123 is offline Click Here to See the Profile for Coondog123 Click here to Send Coondog123 a Private Message Click Here to Email Coondog123 Find more posts by Coondog123 Add Coondog123 to your buddy list Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote
H.W. Moore
UKC Forum Member

There's only 2 kinds of trees a dog can make-
1. Where a coon is seen.
2. Where a coon is not seen.
Legitimate den if no coon is seen=slick
Holes if no coon is seen=slick
Dense foliage where no coon is seen=slick
If there's a 99% the coon is there and you still don't see it=slick

Old Post 06-22-2017 05:12 PM
H.W. Moore is offline Click Here to See the Profile for H.W. Moore Click here to Send H.W. Moore a Private Message Click Here to Email H.W. Moore Find more posts by H.W. Moore Add H.W. Moore to your buddy list Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote
oklared
UKC Forum Member

quote:
Originally posted by Coondog123

OR THE DOG

4TH PLACE R.Q.E 2010
WENT TO 2010 WORLD HUNT
MADE-EM SEE RED

Old Post 06-23-2017 12:11 AM
oklared
UKC Forum Member

quote:
Originally posted by Coondog123

OR THE DOG

4TH PLACE R.Q.E 2010
WENT TO 2010 WORLD HUNT
MADE-EM SEE RED

Old Post 06-23-2017 12:12 AM
swamp1
Banned

quote:
Originally posted by H.W. Moore
1. Where a coon is seen.

alright now! Now ya gone and done it.

Old Post 06-23-2017 02:38 AM
swamp1 is offline Click Here to See the Profile for swamp1 Click here to Send swamp1 a Private Message Find more posts by swamp1 Add swamp1 to your buddy list Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote
H.W. Moore
UKC Forum Member

quote:
Originally posted by H.W. Moore
1. Where a coon is seen.

If people counted how many coon were seen outta 100 trees made, maybe they'd be a lil more realistic about accuracy.

Old Post 06-23-2017 11:16 AM
H.W. Moore is offline Click Here to See the Profile for H.W. Moore Click here to Send H.W. Moore a Private Message Click Here to Email H.W. Moore Find more posts by H.W. Moore Add H.W. Moore to your buddy list Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote
JOSH VAUGHN
UKC Forum Member

I kept seeing people saying they had a 80 to 90% dog. I figured out real quick that they are considering any tree that could be a circle tree on the "seen a coon" side and not on the slick side. If you make 10 trees and see 6 coons, that's 60 % even if the other 4 were all dens. It's not rocket science but by some people's math it would be 100% because they don't count dens at all.

Old Post 06-26-2017 03:36 PM
JOSH VAUGHN is offline Click Here to See the Profile for JOSH VAUGHN Click here to Send JOSH VAUGHN a Private Message Click Here to Email JOSH VAUGHN Find more posts by JOSH VAUGHN Add JOSH VAUGHN to your buddy list Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote
toe cutter
UKC Forum Member

dens ?. you mean to tell me not only is it a slick treeing idiot ,but it back tracks too?

Last edited by toe cutter on 06-27-2017 at 04:30 AM

Old Post 06-27-2017 04:28 AM
toe cutter is offline Click Here to See the Profile for toe cutter Click here to Send toe cutter a Private Message Find more posts by toe cutter Add toe cutter to your buddy list Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote
johnny reb
UKC Forum Member

That's what I did in an earlier post. I've hunted with some very accurate dogs. I've hunted dogs that I have been too over 20'trees in a row and all he coons seen on the outside, but a 90% I don't see it. Keep track of every tree for a year. coon seen or not if you make 10 trees a week that's 520 coon for you too be 90% accurate you will have too see a coon in 468 trees. It won't happen

Old Post 06-28-2017 04:18 AM
johnny reb is offline Click Here to See the Profile for johnny reb Click here to Send johnny reb a Private Message Click Here to Email johnny reb Find more posts by johnny reb Add johnny reb to your buddy list Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote