UKC Forums UKC Website :: Hunting Ops :: All-Breed Sports :: Registration :: UKC Online Store
Here you can view your subscribed threads, work with private messages and edit your profile and preferences Registration is free! Calendar Find other members Frequently Asked Questions Search Home  
UKC Forums : Powered by vBulletin version 2.3.0 UKC Forums > Departments > UKC Coonhounds > Bruce- Garmin question
  Last Thread   Next Thread
Author
Thread Post New Thread    Post A Reply
Nick Jennings
UKC Forum Member

Bruce- Garmin question

Bruce I'm trying to upload Birdseye onto a SD card.

I downloaded base camp, and my computer for the life of it cannot "find my device"

Even trying to do a software update it won't find it.

I got the garmin on and plugged into the port, is there a specific setting mode it should set as that I'm not doing. It gives me a pop up box about changing the garmin to "host"

HOME OF:

UKC GRNITECH CH PR MIDNIGHT STORMS WILDMAN BUCK
(Check out Wildman Buck's Stud Page)

PR CHIEFS WILD N BLUE CRACK
-2017 Da$h For Ca$h Fall Shootout Finals Championship Overall Winner

Report this post to a moderator | IP: Logged

Old Post 01-03-2018 01:25 AM
Nick Jennings is offline Click Here to See the Profile for Nick Jennings Click here to Send Nick Jennings a Private Message Find more posts by Nick Jennings Add Nick Jennings to your buddy list Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote
Bruce m. Conkey
UKC Forum Member

Well there could be several reasons and without knowing what type of computer and virus protection you have on it including some other stuff it would be hard to say.

Try turning everything off and then back on. On you base camp program you should see your garmin handheld pop up and then the sd card in it should be below it. Generally called NO NAME unless you have named it.

What type of computer do you have and what handheld do you have-ALPHA-430-320

On my mac it takes some time for the computer to run a virus check on the handheld.

Not sure about the garmin "HOST" thing.

Old Post 01-03-2018 12:51 PM
Bruce m. Conkey is offline Click Here to See the Profile for Bruce m. Conkey Click here to Send Bruce m. Conkey a Private Message Click Here to Email Bruce m. Conkey Visit Bruce m. Conkey's homepage! Find more posts by Bruce m. Conkey Add Bruce m. Conkey to your buddy list Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote
Nick Jennings
UKC Forum Member

It is a ..... Emachines model: EL1200 Microsoft Windows XP

Unit is a garmin 320

HOME OF:

Old Post 01-03-2018 09:11 PM
Nick Jennings is offline Click Here to See the Profile for Nick Jennings Click here to Send Nick Jennings a Private Message Find more posts by Nick Jennings Add Nick Jennings to your buddy list Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote
Bruce m. Conkey
UKC Forum Member

On your 320 turn base station on. Then try it.

Old Post 01-03-2018 10:30 PM
Bruce m. Conkey is offline Click Here to See the Profile for Bruce m. Conkey Click here to Send Bruce m. Conkey a Private Message Click Here to Email Bruce m. Conkey Visit Bruce m. Conkey's homepage! Find more posts by Bruce m. Conkey Add Bruce m. Conkey to your buddy list Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote
Nick Jennings
UKC Forum Member

I called garmin customer support. It ended up being blocked from my firewall

Downloading now as we speak

I bought a 32gb card. Probably won't fill all of it though. The more GB used, the slower the unit will operate correct?

**what would cause the images to fail to download during the download phase?

HOME OF:

Last edited by Nick Jennings on 01-03-2018 at 11:55 PM

Old Post 01-03-2018 10:34 PM
Bruce m. Conkey
UKC Forum Member

Thats what makes some of these questions hard to answer. I cant see your equipment and how its set up. Thats what i meant when i asked about your virus protection. Garmin has the ability to take control of your computer with your permission and see what the problem is. I am not sure they had to do that here or not. I thought about setting my computer up with a program to get into others computers with their permission but for me the risk of someone being hacked about the time i helped them isnt worth it. Like tomorrow you see fifty bucks gone from a bank account you have attached to your computer. You would go to your grave thinging someone at garmin did it.

Old Post 01-04-2018 12:02 AM