UKC Forums UKC Website :: Hunting Ops :: All-Breed Sports :: Registration :: UKC Online Store
Here you can view your subscribed threads, work with private messages and edit your profile and preferences Registration is free! Calendar Find other members Frequently Asked Questions Search Home  
UKC Forums : Powered by vBulletin version 2.3.0 UKC Forums > Departments > UKC Coonhounds > Honor Rules
Pages (3): « 1 [2] 3 »   Last Thread   Next Thread
Author
Thread Post New Thread    Post A Reply
LoggyBayouBlues
UKC Forum Member

Re: .X-2

quote:
Originally posted by Bruce m. Conkey
Richard, I will try and say this in ENGLISH. I won't use any fancy words like CLOUDY. The advisor compliments the rules on the back of the score card. It explains the ones that need explaining. The advisor gives you the answers you need to properly score. UKC spends time giving the answers to rules so everyone can understand them. But then the advisor, not made available to the public unless you take the Coon Hound Bloodlines or purchase one that may be outdated by the time you get it.

Put that information on line in real time and a step in the right direction has been taken. All the work and effort that UKC puts into it can pay off even more.

We all talk about the young people learning the rules. I hope you understand that the majority of young people use nothing but their SMART PHONES for everything, from talking, texting and web browsing to watching TV. If want young people to learn what is going on it better be on the web and your web page better be MOBILE FRIENDLY.

Richard do you get the picture now? Why in the heck can't you understand english and want to help make things better for everyone. Instead of turning every word someone writes into your little playground. Put the Advisor on the Web. Is that plain english enough.
X-2

Report this post to a moderator | IP: Logged

Old Post 06-01-2018 01:18 PM
LoggyBayouBlues is offline Click Here to See the Profile for LoggyBayouBlues Click here to Send LoggyBayouBlues a Private Message Click Here to Email LoggyBayouBlues Find more posts by LoggyBayouBlues Add LoggyBayouBlues to your buddy list Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote
Bruce m. Conkey
UKC Forum Member

Richard can you explain to me how I would get one. And can you tell me how often I would have to get one to stay current with the rules. Please don't tell me I have to put a stamp on something and mail it in. I still know what a stamp is. Most of the younger generation has never purchased a stamp. Not saying anything against them for that. The world is changing and UKC needs to change also.

Let me ask you a couple more questions. Does UKC send one out in a hunt packet to the clubs? Does UKC send one out to all Master of Hounds?

All those things would help.

Old Post 06-01-2018 01:41 PM
Bruce m. Conkey is offline Click Here to See the Profile for Bruce m. Conkey Click here to Send Bruce m. Conkey a Private Message Click Here to Email Bruce m. Conkey Visit Bruce m. Conkey's homepage! Find more posts by Bruce m. Conkey Add Bruce m. Conkey to your buddy list Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote
JiM
UKC Forum Member

I'm hesitant to participate in this friendly, little war of words but I think it is worth mentioning that the Advisor book IS NOT currently available. It is out of print. I feel fortunate to have two copies of both editions, one at home and one in the truck. I've been accused of being a "know it all" a few times and having both editions is required equipment for all basic message board know it all's. I think Richard had 3....

AKC/UKC GrNtCh Sizemore's Timber Jam Jessi 12/21/04 to 1/21/2011 R.I.P.

Last edited by JiM on 06-01-2018 at 02:13 PM

Old Post 06-01-2018 02:10 PM
JiM is offline Click Here to See the Profile for JiM Click here to Send JiM a Private Message Click Here to Email JiM Find more posts by JiM Add JiM to your buddy list Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote
Richard Lambert
UKC Forum Member

Do you really think that just making the Advisor readily available or more easily obtainable will fix everything? The rule book can be picked up anywhere/everywhere. They are written on the back of every scorecard. And yet when Allen posts a rules poll, 50% of the people don't know the rule? Why is that? Apparantly they don't read the rules or their personal bias keeps them from understanding them. I don't have a Coonhound Advisor and have never read one. And yet, I know most of the rules and UKC's official interpretation of them. I do actually reread my rulebook occasionally since my old wore out brain/memory fails me a lot lately. I also keep up with any changes by checking the interweb. I also read the Coonhound Advisor column in the magazine and noticed a while back that they are putting it on the interweb each month now.
I would also like to apologize if I have offended you by not agreeing with you on everything and expressing my personal opiinion on topics. I do realize that I am usually wrong but that doesn't stop me. So, for that I apologize.

Old Post 06-01-2018 02:20 PM
Richard Lambert is offline Click Here to See the Profile for Richard Lambert Click here to Send Richard Lambert a Private Message Click Here to Email Richard Lambert Find more posts by Richard Lambert Add Richard Lambert to your buddy list Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote
yadkintar
Banned

Richard you either don't know them good as you think you do or you are really , really honest because you sure get beat a lot just sayen.

I love you man !!

Tarbaby

Old Post 06-01-2018 02:44 PM
yadkintar is offline Click Here to See the Profile for yadkintar Click here to Send yadkintar a Private Message Click Here to Email yadkintar Find more posts by yadkintar Add yadkintar to your buddy list Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote
Richard Lambert
UKC Forum Member

Tarbaby, I know them but I don't know how to use them. Is that your way of calling me a big loser? When you hunt Redbones you get used to getting beat a lot. It just makes it sweeter when you do get a win.

Old Post 06-01-2018 03:10 PM
Richard Lambert is offline Click Here to See the Profile for Richard Lambert Click here to Send Richard Lambert a Private Message Click Here to Email Richard Lambert Find more posts by Richard Lambert Add Richard Lambert to your buddy list Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote
yadkintar
Banned

My record ain't so good either and I even know how to cheat lol. Just can't make myself do it. Night before last I got so hot I thought I was going to yak but Corey is 30 yrs old and he wasn't doing good either I swore off that spot and put it on my list till dead winter sure wish you were there to enjoy it with us lol.

Tar

Old Post 06-01-2018 03:20 PM
yadkintar is offline Click Here to See the Profile for yadkintar Click here to Send yadkintar a Private Message Click Here to Email yadkintar Find more posts by yadkintar Add yadkintar to your buddy list Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote
HERSHSHUNTIN
UKC Forum Member

https://www.ukcdogs.com/coonhound-news?view=recent

Here is the link to the advisor online-- above---its on the right side of the page, click on one and there is more in each date.
then at the bottom of the page click again for older post.
they begin in May of 2016--anything older is in the paperback advisor if you can find one

hershtwo@yahoo.com
Life member NRA
Current dogs
GR CH NT CH RED MIGHTY 90-Bo/Sierra
NT.CH.GR CH BEYOND BILLY HTX --Billy the Kid/ Amber
GR CH 1ST & 2ND place wins 90/4 LIFE GUN-HTX==-Willy BOY/Bigtime Britt
Dogs I have owned
Nt ch Gr ch HERSHS HUNTIN RED IKE
NT CH CH HERSHS HUNTIN BUDDY
GR NT CH MILLERS DIRTY RED
NT CH CH LYNN'S CREEK JULIE
GR CH HERSHS HUNTIN RED KATE
CH NITE CH AMBRAW RIVER TIMBER ROCK
NT CH HERSHS HUNTIN RED CLEM
NT CH ROCKY TOP CHERRY

Old Post 06-01-2018 03:22 PM
HERSHSHUNTIN is offline Click Here to See the Profile for HERSHSHUNTIN Click here to Send HERSHSHUNTIN a Private Message Click Here to Email HERSHSHUNTIN Find more posts by HERSHSHUNTIN Add HERSHSHUNTIN to your buddy list Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote
Bruce m. Conkey
UKC Forum Member

HERSHSHUNTIN Thanks!

Old Post 06-01-2018 03:33 PM
Bruce m. Conkey is offline Click Here to See the Profile for Bruce m. Conkey Click here to Send Bruce m. Conkey a Private Message Click Here to Email Bruce m. Conkey Visit Bruce m. Conkey's homepage! Find more posts by Bruce m. Conkey Add Bruce m. Conkey to your buddy list Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote
Donnie Stevens
UKC Forum Member

quote:
Originally posted by Richard Lambert
Do you really think that just making the Advisor readily available or more easily obtainable will fix everything?

No it sure won't but It will help the ones that want to learn. It won't help the ones that "think" they already know because they won't read it and they won't listen even if you read it to them. That's the way they've been doing it and they will most likely continue. And whoever said it's always the one that knows the rules and interpretations the best are the ones that get labeled the cheats or aholes are 100% right. Go figure....

Old Post 06-01-2018 06:15 PM
Donnie Stevens is offline Click Here to See the Profile for Donnie Stevens Click here to Send Donnie Stevens a Private Message Find more posts by Donnie Stevens Add Donnie Stevens to your buddy list Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote
yadkintar
Banned

quote:
Originally posted by Donnie Stevens
No it sure won't but It will help the ones that want to learn. It won't help the ones that "think" they already know because they won't read it and they won't listen even if you read it to them. That's the way they've been doing it and they will most likely continue. And whoever said it's always the one that knows the rules and interpretations the best are the ones that get labeled the cheats or aholes are 100% right. Go figure....

Donnie answer this question how many advisor books do the $$$$ kc's have to explain their rules and they hunt for 1000's of dollars if you are not having to call ukc on Monday to straighten things out you must be doing just a little something right.

Tar

Old Post 06-01-2018 09:06 PM
chaz2012
Banned

Richard you, Gene hicks, his handlers and several around you gave plenty of lessons back in the day.

Charlie Portwood Jr.

Old Post 06-01-2018 09:30 PM
chaz2012 is offline Click Here to See the Profile for chaz2012 Click here to Send chaz2012 a Private Message Click Here to Email chaz2012 Find more posts by chaz2012 Add chaz2012 to your buddy list Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote
nitehunter2004
UKC Forum Member

quote:
Originally posted by yadkintar
Donnie answer this question how many advisor books do the $$$$ kc's have to explain their rules and they hunt for 1000's of dollars if you are not having to call ukc on Monday to straighten things out you must be doing just a little something right.

Tar

They have someone on standby (a phone call away) 24 hours 7 days a week!

Old Post 06-01-2018 09:48 PM
nitehunter2004 is offline Click Here to See the Profile for nitehunter2004 Click here to Send nitehunter2004 a Private Message Find more posts by nitehunter2004 Add nitehunter2004 to your buddy list Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote
Richard Lambert
UKC Forum Member

I was just getting started " back in the day". But they taught me a lot. PKC has a 3 member panel at their hunts to answer questions and explain the rules to anyone that has a question.

Old Post 06-01-2018 10:12 PM
Donnie Stevens
UKC Forum Member

quote:
Originally posted by nitehunter2004
They have someone on standby (a phone call away) 24 hours 7 days a week!

That's right. And if the wording on a rule needs tweaked' to clarify it better or changed completely it gets done NOW not wait for three years for whoever it is that keeps Ukc's rules from being reworded in the slightest way so they could make more sense.

It's UKC's rules Allen or the powers to be SHOULD be able to change them at THEIR discretion. That last deal a couple years ago where basically nothing got changed that everybody wanted, including the boss man, sold me on the fact there's something wrong with the current system.

Tar I've watched you spinning and backpedaling thru enough rules questions on here that I'm not sure how ya keep the peace down there and it really doesn't concern me much but just because you've been doing something since Christ was in preschool doesn't necessarily mean you're right. But it's your story my friend....tell it anyway you want !!!

Last edited by Donnie Stevens on 06-01-2018 at 10:27 PM

Old Post 06-01-2018 10:25 PM
Donnie Stevens is offline Click Here to See the Profile for Donnie Stevens Click here to Send Donnie Stevens a Private Message Find more posts by Donnie Stevens Add Donnie Stevens to your buddy list Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote
joey
UKC Forum Member

quote:

Tar

Thats because you can call them right then, you dont have to wait till Monday. I have set on several panels and heard a bunch more, you will get a different answer to the exact same question 50% of the time. GO BY THE RULES IN BLACK AND WHITE ON THE BACK OF THE CARD! The adviser is just a explanation of those rules, absolutely nothing contradicting them. If anyone thinks it does its because them and UKC are reading it different. UKC is the only one that counts. I've only had one question come back on a UKC cast. They ruled against me on a vote, I took it to the master of hounds and won the question. Never had a problem other than that. The thing is the rule was simple and in black and white but they still wanted to minus me, So no matter what you know or how simple its written out some people just cant understand plain English.

http://www.sunspotlights.com/
When brightness matters!!

Home Of:
PKC Ch, Grch Grnch 2008 Tx state champion They call me Crazy Betty

PKC SCh CH Grnch They call me Howler too

Old Post 06-01-2018 10:34 PM
joey is offline Click Here to See the Profile for joey Click here to Send joey a Private Message Find more posts by joey Add joey to your buddy list Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote
georgef072007
Banned

As far as I am concerned the advisor is a very nice, useless publication to have on hand. If you don't have it in the woods with you on a cast, it's kind of hard to use it to settle a question. The rules are printed on the back of the card for a reason, read them, apply them and move on. If you don't understand a rule or call put a question on it and take it back to the MOH. If you can't understand the rules on the card, how can I trust you to understand what they put in the Advisor.

'PR' OUTBACK TRASHY LULU

CH GRNTCH 'PR' WRECK IT RALPH (Dead Cat X Outback Trashy LuLu) 2017 UKC World Finalist. 2018 UKC World Hunt Qualified.

CH GRNTCH 'PR' CATS TRASHY TOMCAT (Dead Cat X Outback Trashy LuLu) 2016 , 2017 & 2018 UKC World hunt qualified

'PR' Blue Eyed Pete (Watsons Jackal X Hello Kitty)

'PR' Wipeout Harley (Joinertown Wipeout Zeb 3 X Dark Mtn Crankin Holly)

past home of

GRNTCH 'PR' DEAD CAT

NTCH WCH 'PR' DEAD CATS ECHO

Old Post 06-01-2018 10:38 PM
georgef072007 is offline Click Here to See the Profile for georgef072007 Click here to Send georgef072007 a Private Message Find more posts by georgef072007 Add georgef072007 to your buddy list Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote
yadkintar
Banned

quote:
Originally posted by Donnie Stevens
That's right. And if the wording on a rule needs tweaked' to clarify it better or changed completely it gets done NOW not wait for three years for whoever it is that keeps Ukc's rules from being reworded in the slightest way so they could make more sense.

It's UKC's rules Allen or the powers to be SHOULD be able to change them at THEIR discretion. That last deal a couple years ago where basically nothing got changed that everybody wanted, including the boss man, sold me on the fact there's something wrong with the current system.

Tar I've watched you spinning and backpedaling thru enough rules questions on here that I'm not sure how ya keep the peace down there and it really doesn't concern me much but just because you've been doing something since Christ was in preschool doesn't necessarily mean you're right. But it's your story my friend....tell it anyway you want !!!

I ain't back peddled on crap Donnie I quote the rules right off the back of the card just like you would in the woods. Here is an exzample if you don't write the time on that card and a cast comes in with a question they say the judge shorted them on time how in the crap am I supposed to rule on it. Then you do one of two things send them back out to hunt that time or if they don't agree scratch them believe me I know the rules I just try and show them where the loopholes are and I don't need a 25yr old smart Alec book worm jerking my chain at 2:00 in the morning when I been setting there 12 hrs for free. We don't have problems down here because we don't allow it but maybe you could do it better.

Tar

Old Post 06-01-2018 10:46 PM
joey
UKC Forum Member

quote:
Originally posted by georgef072007
As far as I am concerned the advisor is a very nice, useless publication to have on hand. If you don't have it in the woods with you on a cast, it's kind of hard to use it to settle a question. The rules are printed on the back of the card for a reason, read them, apply them and move on. If you don't understand a rule or call put a question on it and take it back to the MOH. If you can't understand the rules on the card, how can I trust you to understand what they put in the Advisor.

Not useless at all, it is a learning tool. If you have read it and know what it says. If the day ever comes when you have to question something, the MOH gets it wrong and its important enough to you. Then you will know how UKC will rule on it buy whats in the advisor. Thats what its for.

Home Of:

Old Post 06-01-2018 10:47 PM
joey is offline Click Here to See the Profile for joey Click here to Send joey a Private Message Find more posts by joey Add joey to your buddy list Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote
yadkintar
Banned

I think the very first daybuet of the advisor started at the world hunt when it was in Louisiana does anybody remember what it was about ?

Tar

Old Post 06-01-2018 10:50 PM
joey
UKC Forum Member

quote:
I ain't back peddled on crap Donnie I quote the rules right off the back of the card just like you would in the woods. Here is an exzample if you don't write the time on that card and a cast comes in with a question they say the judge shorted them on time how in the crap am I supposed to rule on it. Then you do one of two things send them back out to hunt that time or if they don't agree scratch them believe me I know the rules I just try and show them where the loopholes are and I don't need a 25yr old smart Alec book worm jerking my chain at 2:00 in the morning when I been setting there 12 hrs for free. We don't have problems down here because we don't allow it but maybe you could do it better.

Tar

How would the judge writing it down prove that's what they hunted? If you have three handlers telling you the judge shorted them 15 min, would you rule different on it if it was or wasn't written down? I would think you would go with the three handlers either way.

Home Of:

Old Post 06-01-2018 10:51 PM
joey
UKC Forum Member

quote:
I think the very first daybuet of the advisor started at the world hunt when it was in Louisiana does anybody remember what it was about ?

Tar

I remember the problem but it was out long before that.

Home Of:

Old Post 06-01-2018 10:53 PM
yadkintar
Banned

At least if they had the time outs and minutes used I would have something to look at buuuut until you have set behind that table as many of us have down here have done for years you just won't understand it's a thankless job that got to where nobody wants to do it anymore and when you have to you don't want it micromanaged making it harder!! I don't see any young people stepping up to take our places Joey I want to hunt now I worked all my life to be able to. I don't feel guilty anymore if a club schedule a hunt and don't have nobody to run it I done my time and I can feel good about knowing all the hunts I officiated never ever was there a time that ukc ever had to be called on Monday to get it straitened out.

Plus you know I am hard headed lol.

Tar

Old Post 06-01-2018 11:10 PM
yadkintar
Banned

quote:
Originally posted by joey
How would the judge writing it down prove that's what they hunted? If you have three handlers telling you the judge shorted them 15 min, would you rule different on it if it was or wasn't written down? I would think you would go with the three handlers either way.

What if it's a two to two buddy boy vote ?

Tar

Old Post 06-01-2018 11:25 PM
joey
UKC Forum Member

quote:
What if it's a two to two buddy boy vote ?

Tar

If your the MOH you picked the judge because he is trustworthy, Right? Then on a 2 to 2 you go with the judge. You picked him. If the time is written or not still makes no difference. He can wright he used 120 but it doesn't make it true.

Home Of:

Old Post 06-02-2018 01:12 AM