UKC Forums UKC Website :: Hunting Ops :: All-Breed Sports :: Registration :: UKC Online Store
Here you can view your subscribed threads, work with private messages and edit your profile and preferences Registration is free! Calendar Find other members Frequently Asked Questions Search Home  
UKC Forums : Powered by vBulletin version 2.3.0 UKC Forums > Departments > UKC Coonhounds > Breeds > Treeing Walkers > Welcome 2 A true "WILD" dog post thank's LEE LOGAN
Pages (60): « First ... « 44 45 [46] 47 48 » ... Last »   Last Thread   Next Thread
Author
Thread Post New Thread    Post A Reply
J.Fox
UKC Forum Member

Yes they should have all the go power one man can handle. I cant wait until summer when I can get mine going.

GRNITE BIG HORN CRUISE ( RIP)
GRNITE LONE PINE BOZO (SEMEN) NOT FORSALE
GRNITE WILD IMPY (RIP)
CHNITECH CROSS E'S WILD WILMA
CH HTX WILD DAISY
912 223 9085

Report this post to a moderator | IP: Logged

Old Post 01-23-2012 03:42 AM
J.Fox is offline Click Here to See the Profile for J.Fox Click here to Send J.Fox a Private Message Click Here to Email J.Fox Find more posts by J.Fox Add J.Fox to your buddy list Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote
J.Fox
UKC Forum Member

Wes we will be at setwd hunting all 3 nite two wild Cruise pups and Big Horn Cruise him self. We will be set up in the stud barn just look for the TEAM CRUISE CONTROL banner. I think nycooner will be there also.

GRNITE WILD IMPY (RIP)
CH HTX WILD DAISY
912 223 9085

Old Post 01-23-2012 03:45 AM
J.Fox is offline Click Here to See the Profile for J.Fox Click here to Send J.Fox a Private Message Click Here to Email J.Fox Find more posts by J.Fox Add J.Fox to your buddy list Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote
Wes Wilkins
UKC Forum Member

I'll be there. Don't have anything worth huntin but i'd like 2 talk 2 some of the people from this thread. I love the clover breed but haven't got anything ready for the hunts yet. I'll be lookin for a no nonsense coondog while I'm there. If you know of any. Need something 2 get these clover pups goin. Thanks

Old Post 01-23-2012 03:56 AM
Wes Wilkins is offline Click Here to See the Profile for Wes Wilkins Click here to Send Wes Wilkins a Private Message Click Here to Email Wes Wilkins Find more posts by Wes Wilkins Add Wes Wilkins to your buddy list Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote
J.Fox
UKC Forum Member

Wes we will sure keep our eyes out for ya a dog. Come by and see us we would be glad to talk to you. It is always nice to meet other that enjoy these hounds..

GRNITE WILD IMPY (RIP)
CH HTX WILD DAISY
912 223 9085

Old Post 01-23-2012 05:02 AM
Wes Wilkins
UKC Forum Member

J. Fox

Will do. Appreciate you keeping an eye out for a dog for me. Don't need anything flashy jst something that will get out from under my feet n have a coon most of the time. We have thin coon here in the mtns of VA and its hard to find something around here that will consitently tree a coon. I've tried a few dogs off this board [not this thread] lol. Most of them wouldn't even hardly hunt and never found 1 accurate enough for me. Thanks

Old Post 01-23-2012 05:33 AM
Wes Wilkins is offline Click Here to See the Profile for Wes Wilkins Click here to Send Wes Wilkins a Private Message Click Here to Email Wes Wilkins Find more posts by Wes Wilkins Add Wes Wilkins to your buddy list Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote
brogy

Re: J. Fox

quote:
Originally posted by Wes Wilkins
Will do. Appreciate you keeping an eye out for a dog for me. Don't need anything flashy jst something that will get out from under my feet n have a coon most of the time. We have thin coon here in the mtns of VA and its hard to find something around here that will consitently tree a coon. I've tried a few dogs off this board [not this thread] lol. Most of them wouldn't even hardly hunt and never found 1 accurate enough for me. Thanks

Its too bad we're so far away. My Dad's old Grand Nite female would suit what you're looking for. He's real partial to her but at the same time he tells me he doesn't get too attached to dogs. I'm different, if I've put blood, sweat and tears into a hound and its lived here a few years I have a tough time letting them go to somewhere where I have no idea if they'll be cared for in they're twilight years. Young dogs are a different story.

My Dad's female was in VA with Chris St John from April '11-Sept '11. I don't think Chris hunted her much between her heat cycle and being pregnant but I heard she wasn't afraid to get into them VA mountains and tree a raccoon.

Dad got her back and hunted her this fall. She has some senior moments where some nights you'd think she'd completely lost her mind, but Dad said he only walked to 2 slicks all fall with her from late October - January 1st.

Her and my old female are basically just living out they're days here. Dad's is done having pups and mine probably is too. We hunted both them old dogs this fall and had a lot of fun with them. Its a shame we didn't get more pups out of them.

Old Post 01-24-2012 10:17 PM
Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote
jfitz
UKC Forum Member

How are those pups that are out of your dads dog and St Johns Casey dog doing?

Old Post 01-25-2012 12:28 AM
jfitz is offline Click Here to See the Profile for jfitz Click here to Send jfitz a Private Message Click Here to Email jfitz Find more posts by jfitz Add jfitz to your buddy list Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote
Wes Wilkins
UKC Forum Member

Re: Re: J. Fox

quote:
Originally posted by brogy
Its too bad we're so far away. My Dad's old Grand Nite female would suit what you're looking for. He's real partial to her but at the same time he tells me he doesn't get too attached to dogs. I'm different, if I've put blood, sweat and tears into a hound and its lived here a few years I have a tough time letting them go to somewhere where I have no idea if they'll be cared for in they're twilight years. Young dogs are a different story.

My Dad's female was in VA with Chris St John from April '11-Sept '11. I don't think Chris hunted her much between her heat cycle and being pregnant but I heard she wasn't afraid to get into them VA mountains and tree a raccoon.

Dad got her back and hunted her this fall. She has some senior moments where some nights you'd think she'd completely lost her mind, but Dad said he only walked to 2 slicks all fall with her from late October - January 1st.

Her and my old female are basically just living out they're days here. Dad's is done having pups and mine probably is too. We hunted both them old dogs this fall and had a lot of fun with them. Its a shame we didn't get more pups out of them.

I'd love 2 find an older dog like that. Would be happy 2 find an older dog that somebody just don't have time 2 hunt. Too bad somebody from up that way wasn't comin to setwd if he would really be interested in lettin her go. Thanks

Old Post 01-25-2012 12:31 AM
brogy

quote:
Originally posted by jfitz
How are those pups that are out of your dads dog and St Johns Casey dog doing?

Chris was only able to save one pup. Last I heard, his daughter has him spoiled rotten.

Maggie has always been a tough breeder. She has lots of trouble whelping pups. We thought it was genetic as Chris said he sister was the same way, but she was also run over when she was young, after she had had 1 litter. We don't think that helped her any as every time we bred her after that it was a battle to get pups from her.

Old Post 01-25-2012 12:45 AM
jfitz
UKC Forum Member

Well that aint no good. I thought that cross would be a good one. I hunted with that pups daddy many nights and he was a great dog. It was terrible that he died so young.

Old Post 01-25-2012 01:32 AM
jfitz is offline Click Here to See the Profile for jfitz Click here to Send jfitz a Private Message Click Here to Email jfitz Find more posts by jfitz Add jfitz to your buddy list Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote
brogy

quote:
Well that aint no good. I thought that cross would be a good one. I hunted with that pups daddy many nights and he was a great dog. It was terrible that he died so young.

I agree. I was really hoping he'd have a mess of pups out of them two.

Chris knew what he was getting into when he brought her down there. We raised a litter out of her almost 4 years ago off her and Pine Ridge Tuff. Out of 9 pups we only saved 5 and I pulled at least that many. I think the first live pup and last dead pup were all she pushed. I pulled the rest myself.
She had a litter in Nov '2010 bred to High Xpectations, she was having trouble having the pups, we rushed her in for emergency c-section and ended up with 2 dead pups and no live pups. Dad had about 8 deposits on pups and another waiting list about a dozen long.
Chris planned a c-section from the get go but I think that she never labored when they opened her up so she wouldn't take the pups. I'm guessing her hormones never kicked in. She was always a good momma once the pups were born. He had them on a surrogate female but started losing them. I think he bottle fed the one he saved.
Not all hope is lost, sounds like he's got a real nice pup there and we're hoping he makes something because we might want to breed something back to him someday.

Old Post 01-25-2012 01:56 AM
jfitz
UKC Forum Member

I havent seen that one since it was a pup. I hunt one of chris' dogs for him and i have hunted with all of his old dogs and i really like his stock. He is a good man and i hope that pup turns out one day.

Old Post 01-25-2012 02:08 AM
brogy

quote:
I havent seen that one since it was a pup. I hunt one of chris' dogs for him and i have hunted with all of his old dogs and i really like his stock. He is a good man and i hope that pup turns out one day.

Old Maggie is a coondog! She ain't my style of hound but she sure was tough to beat! She is my Dad's measuring stick.

What I like most about that pup is he is out of some old school Clover blood on top. I didn't even know for sure what St John's Casey was out of. He told me his Rat female and some older Clover semen. I found out 2 weeks ago when we picked up 2 females from Steve Kiser in IN. Steve owned the male that Chris' male is out of. I thought most that blood was gone. After talking to Steve I'm really interested. I sure hope that pup makes a good one so we can breed back to it when the time is right.

Last edited by on 01-25-2012 at 02:31 AM

Old Post 01-25-2012 02:27 AM
jfitz
UKC Forum Member

Yea real old school clover. Honky Tonk Spot. And the rat and clover crosses good most of the time. I saw Casey rig coons that were 500 yards off the road and was passing that on to the few litters that he had.

Old Post 01-25-2012 02:36 AM
J.Fox
UKC Forum Member

Yep Chris said that casey could hit coons off the top of the box. When I had his little female down here hunting her she is out of thunder she has a real good nose, just need hunted hard.

GRNITE WILD IMPY (RIP)
CH HTX WILD DAISY
912 223 9085

Last edited by J.Fox on 01-25-2012 at 02:47 AM

Old Post 01-25-2012 02:44 AM
jfitz
UKC Forum Member

What was her name? That was thunder and chloe right?

Old Post 01-25-2012 02:51 AM
J.Fox
UKC Forum Member

Thats right thunder an chloe I cant even remember her name she is a small dog looks like she is 10 yrs old. Good little tree dog just needed to be hunted 5 nites a week for a month or two. She has a real good nose.

GRNITE WILD IMPY (RIP)
CH HTX WILD DAISY
912 223 9085

Old Post 01-25-2012 02:56 AM
jfitz
UKC Forum Member

Yea i remember her. real black with some ticks. How is your abby dog doing?

Old Post 01-25-2012 03:00 AM
J.Fox
UKC Forum Member

Abby is doing good she will be hunted at setwd next month she has just come out of heat. We did not get to hunt her at grand because of that.

GRNITE WILD IMPY (RIP)
CH HTX WILD DAISY
912 223 9085

Old Post 01-25-2012 03:23 AM
jfitz
UKC Forum Member

I have her sister and she is starting to do pretty good. i like her alot but she still has a long way to go.

Old Post 01-25-2012 03:35 AM
J.Fox
UKC Forum Member

Ya chris said you did, he has another he was wanting me to get and hunt but I just dont have enough time to hunt all these pups. Chris is getting a female from the litter I just raised. Im taking her to him down at setwd. Abby is not a finished dog but she dont like much just a little more age that is it.

GRNITE WILD IMPY (RIP)
CH HTX WILD DAISY
912 223 9085

Old Post 01-25-2012 03:54 AM
Wes Wilkins
UKC Forum Member

Where abouts in VA does Chris St Johns live? I was just curious to see how far away he is from me. Thanks

Old Post 01-25-2012 11:32 PM
brogy

I think Concord VA.

Old Post 01-25-2012 11:38 PM
Wes Wilkins
UKC Forum Member

Thanks Brogy.

Old Post 01-25-2012 11:41 PM
J.Fox
UKC Forum Member

GRNITE WILD IMPY (RIP)
CH HTX WILD DAISY
912 223 9085

Old Post 01-28-2012 09:45 PM