UKC Forums UKC Website :: Hunting Ops :: All-Breed Sports :: Registration :: UKC Online Store
Here you can view your subscribed threads, work with private messages and edit your profile and preferences Registration is free! Calendar Find other members Frequently Asked Questions Search Home  
UKC Forums : Powered by vBulletin version 2.3.0 UKC Forums > Departments > UKC Coonhounds > Houndsman XP Podcast
Pages (2): [1] 2 »   Last Thread   Next Thread
Author
Thread Post New Thread    Post A Reply
Steve Fielder
UKC Forum Member

Houndsman XP Podcast

Looking for something different? Want to take your hound-hunting experience to the next level? Listen to the new Houndsman XP Podcast with co-hosts Chris Powell and me. New episodes posted each week with some of the sport's most informed and interesting personalities appearing in each episode. Check it out at:

https://sportsmensnation.com/podcasters/houndsman-xp

Should you want to be notified when each new episode is released, download a podcast player app such as Apple Podcasts or STITCHER to your smart phone or mobile device, click "Subscribe" and you will receive notifications when each new episode is released and will be able to listen with one click.

Questions? Email dogstar118@gmail.com or post them on Facebook at Houndsman_XP Podcast.

We welcome your feedback.

Last edited by Steve Fielder on 05-08-2019 at 04:41 PM

Report this post to a moderator | IP: Logged

Old Post 05-08-2019 02:50 PM
Steve Fielder is offline Click Here to See the Profile for Steve Fielder Visit Steve Fielder's homepage! Find more posts by Steve Fielder Add Steve Fielder to your buddy list Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote
Allen / UKC
Administrator

I listened to Episode 1 this past Monday. Interesting conversation with a Big Game Houndsman from Montana. Good stuff.

I've recently found podcasts to be an addictive source of news and information. My cell phone is now in the visor above my head during my 50-minute commute to and from work, listening to hunting related podcasts.

Old Post 05-08-2019 03:03 PM
Allen / UKC is online now Click Here to See the Profile for Allen / UKC Click here to Send Allen / UKC a Private Message Click Here to Email Allen / UKC Find more posts by Allen / UKC Add Allen / UKC to your buddy list Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote
Steve Fielder
UKC Forum Member

They are addictive Allen. We had a great conversation yesterday in Episode 4 with Gary Roberson of Mennard, TX who has been a contributor on this message board. Gary produces the Carnivore TV show on the Pursuit channel. He is an ambassador for Ruger Firearms and owns Burnham Brothers Game Calls. He is a houndman, hunting mountain lions in the Navajo nation in northeast Arizona with Blueticks. That episode will air next week.

Old Post 05-08-2019 04:03 PM
Steve Fielder is offline Click Here to See the Profile for Steve Fielder Visit Steve Fielder's homepage! Find more posts by Steve Fielder Add Steve Fielder to your buddy list Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote
Bruce m. Conkey
UKC Forum Member

Do one with a vet on Thyroid Conditions in dogs. It will be a big hit here. God Bless and take care. Steve when you decide to put down the microphone and come up for a hunts. I am ready. Snakes out and Gators getting fat. Underbrush has come back strong and the skeeters are feeding. Need any more reasons to visit. Just let me know.
PS I have had my dogs two fang teeth removed so yours shouldn't have and scars to carry home with him.

Seriously a pod cast with Jean Dodds up in MI would be a bit hit and help to many.

Last edited by Bruce m. Conkey on 05-08-2019 at 04:34 PM

Old Post 05-08-2019 04:28 PM
Bruce m. Conkey is offline Click Here to See the Profile for Bruce m. Conkey Click here to Send Bruce m. Conkey a Private Message Click Here to Email Bruce m. Conkey Visit Bruce m. Conkey's homepage! Find more posts by Bruce m. Conkey Add Bruce m. Conkey to your buddy list Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote
Rowdy
UKC Forum Member

Bruce Conkey

We are doing an interview with a hound hunting vet next week. We will be discussing tick borne disease and Thyroid problems among other issues.

Old Post 05-09-2019 03:55 AM
Rowdy is offline Click Here to See the Profile for Rowdy Click here to Send Rowdy a Private Message Click Here to Email Rowdy Find more posts by Rowdy Add Rowdy to your buddy list Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote
Gary Roberson
UKC Forum Member

I had a great time visiting with Chris and Steve on the Houndsman XP Podcast. We covered a lot of ground from CARNIVORE TV to how I got into hunting hounds to Burnham Brothers to being a Ruger Brand Ambassador to the traits that I try to breed for in my dogs. Ironically, Steve has hunted some ranches not too far from where I live and hunt.
I hope that you will take the time to go to the App Store, type in Podcast, then click on Apple Podcast. Then do a search for Houndsman XP and click on it and subscribe.
Thanks and Adios,
Gary

Old Post 05-15-2019 09:30 PM
Gary Roberson is offline Click Here to See the Profile for Gary Roberson Click here to Send Gary Roberson a Private Message Click Here to Email Gary Roberson Find more posts by Gary Roberson Add Gary Roberson to your buddy list Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote
BrandonZadina
UKC Forum Member

Great podcast

Very enjoyable podcasts. Highly recommended. Thanks for taking the time to do them.

Old Post 05-15-2019 09:51 PM
BrandonZadina is offline Click Here to See the Profile for BrandonZadina Click here to Send BrandonZadina a Private Message Click Here to Email BrandonZadina Find more posts by BrandonZadina Add BrandonZadina to your buddy list Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote
Sonny Phipps
UKC Forum Member

I love them!

Old Post 05-16-2019 06:54 AM
Sonny Phipps is offline Click Here to See the Profile for Sonny Phipps Click here to Send Sonny Phipps a Private Message Click Here to Email Sonny Phipps Find more posts by Sonny Phipps Add Sonny Phipps to your buddy list Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote
chaz2012
Banned

Go get one with that yadkintar dude so we can see just how good or crazy he is .

Charlie Portwood Jr.

Old Post 05-16-2019 01:45 PM
chaz2012 is offline Click Here to See the Profile for chaz2012 Click here to Send chaz2012 a Private Message Click Here to Email chaz2012 Find more posts by chaz2012 Add chaz2012 to your buddy list Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote
yadkintar
Banned

I would but I am shy !!

Tar

Old Post 05-16-2019 01:58 PM
yadkintar is offline Click Here to See the Profile for yadkintar Click here to Send yadkintar a Private Message Click Here to Email yadkintar Find more posts by yadkintar Add yadkintar to your buddy list Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote
Gary Roberson
UKC Forum Member

Evidently a few folks tuned in and listened to Chris, Steve and I as I am getting positive responses from across the country. The popularity of Podcast is no doubt growing...who would have thought.
Adios,
Gary

Old Post 05-17-2019 02:40 PM
Gary Roberson is offline Click Here to See the Profile for Gary Roberson Click here to Send Gary Roberson a Private Message Click Here to Email Gary Roberson Find more posts by Gary Roberson Add Gary Roberson to your buddy list Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote
Mike Reynolds
UKC Forum Member

This is a really good thing you guys have going. My kids and I listened to the 1st podcast last night while we were driving. They are 12 and 7 but they seemed really interested in the history of hounds and coonhunting. Hard to get them to read anything sometimes but listening to it is the next best thing.

Last edited by Mike Reynolds on 05-17-2019 at 06:56 PM

Old Post 05-17-2019 05:35 PM
Mike Reynolds is offline Click Here to See the Profile for Mike Reynolds Click here to Send Mike Reynolds a Private Message Click Here to Email Mike Reynolds Find more posts by Mike Reynolds Add Mike Reynolds to your buddy list Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote
Cory Langford
UKC Forum Member

Love the podcast!

Old Post 05-17-2019 08:02 PM
Cory Langford is offline Click Here to See the Profile for Cory Langford Click here to Send Cory Langford a Private Message Find more posts by Cory Langford Add Cory Langford to your buddy list Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote
Gary Roberson
UKC Forum Member

I just returned from the Rez and had a good visit with Calvin Redhouse. He said that he talked with you and Steve for about two hours. I told him that I was jealous as I only talked about an hour and 15 minutes.
Adios,
Gary

Old Post 06-01-2019 04:50 PM
JasperBlue18
UKC Forum Member

TTT

Bump for a good podcast. I’ve enjoyed it

Old Post 06-12-2019 05:33 PM
JasperBlue18 is offline Click Here to See the Profile for JasperBlue18 Click here to Send JasperBlue18 a Private Message Find more posts by JasperBlue18 Add JasperBlue18 to your buddy list Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote
Gary Roberson
UKC Forum Member

Chris and Steve are doing a good job. I have listened to several of the podcast and enjoyed them. Looking forward to the one with Calvin Redhouse as he is part of the CARNIVORE CREW and like one of my sons.
Adios,
Gary

Old Post 06-12-2019 05:45 PM
Allen / UKC
Administrator

The one with Mike Thorman this week was another dandy. A topic that should raise awareness to ALL hunters. Most of us are failing miserably when it comes to the antis and getting involved with fighting for our rights to hunt and hunt with hounds. Unfortunately, we're also doing a fine job of handing the antis plenty of ammo to turn around and kill us with it.

Do yourself a favor and listen to the conversation with Thorman.

Old Post 06-12-2019 06:24 PM
Allen / UKC is online now Click Here to See the Profile for Allen / UKC Click here to Send Allen / UKC a Private Message Click Here to Email Allen / UKC Find more posts by Allen / UKC Add Allen / UKC to your buddy list Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote
GCH Viper
UKC Forum Member

Podcast

I can't express how much I have been enjoying this podcast! I think Steve could read the phone book and make it interesting to listen to..

Old Post 06-12-2019 07:16 PM
GCH Viper is offline Click Here to See the Profile for GCH Viper Click here to Send GCH Viper a Private Message Find more posts by GCH Viper Add GCH Viper to your buddy list Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote
Gary Roberson
UKC Forum Member

GCH Viper, I don't know if I would go that far.......
Adios,
Gary

Old Post 06-12-2019 07:39 PM
buckshot32000
New UKC Forum Member

PODCAST

LOVE THE PODCAST

Old Post 06-13-2019 04:17 PM
buckshot32000 is offline Click Here to See the Profile for buckshot32000 Click here to Send buckshot32000 a Private Message Click Here to Email buckshot32000 Find more posts by buckshot32000 Add buckshot32000 to your buddy list Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote
Rowdy
UKC Forum Member

Thank you everyone

Steve and I appreciate your support. We have more great stuff coming.
Big announcement coming Monday.
We also have a project we are working on that will be revealed on July 1. It has a patriotic theme and I think it will be a big hit.

Last edited by Rowdy on 06-14-2019 at 04:29 AM

Old Post 06-14-2019 04:09 AM
Rowdy is offline Click Here to See the Profile for Rowdy Click here to Send Rowdy a Private Message Click Here to Email Rowdy Find more posts by Rowdy Add Rowdy to your buddy list Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote
D Brothers
UKC Forum Member

Great Stuff Chris and Steve enjoy it.

Old Post 06-14-2019 05:39 PM
D Brothers is offline Click Here to See the Profile for D Brothers Click here to Send D Brothers a Private Message Click Here to Email D Brothers Find more posts by D Brothers Add D Brothers to your buddy list Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote
Philip Foster
UKC Forum Member

I am really enjoying the podcast. Keep it up great stuff.

Old Post 06-18-2019 12:57 AM
Philip Foster is offline Click Here to See the Profile for Philip Foster Click here to Send Philip Foster a Private Message Click Here to Email Philip Foster Find more posts by Philip Foster Add Philip Foster to your buddy list Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote
barnescreek
UKC Forum Member

quote:
Originally posted by Philip Foster
I am really enjoying the podcast. Keep it up great stuff.

X2

Old Post 06-18-2019 02:40 AM
barnescreek is offline Click Here to See the Profile for barnescreek Click here to Send barnescreek a Private Message Find more posts by barnescreek Add barnescreek to your buddy list Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote
Gary Roberson
UKC Forum Member

Enjoyed the interview with Calvin Redhouse. Calvin spend a couple of days with me last week and I introduced him to hog hunting. We caught eight hogs and three rattlesnakes and shot the hunt for CARNIVORE.
His wife, Marla and three year old daughter, Ayla were with him as well though they did not hunt.
Adios,
Gary

Old Post 07-02-2019 08:53 PM