UKC Forums UKC Website :: Hunting Ops :: All-Breed Sports :: Registration :: UKC Online Store
Here you can view your subscribed threads, work with private messages and edit your profile and preferences Registration is free! Calendar Find other members Frequently Asked Questions Search Home  
UKC Forums : Powered by vBulletin version 2.3.0 UKC Forums > UKC Free Classifieds > Coonhound Classifieds > Redbones: Dogs and Puppies For Sale > New Titles
  Last Thread   Next Thread
Author
Thread Post New Thread    Post A Reply
honalieh
UKC Forum Member

New Titles

Looking at New Titles in Coonhound Bloodlines. Kind of strange looking.

We have 4 types of events (though in most areas only two).
(1) Nite Hunt
(2) Bench Show
(3) Field Trial
(4) Water Race

For a dog to be a Dl. Gr. Ch. it had to win in 2 (two) types of events. Triple Grand Ch. (3 types of events). Quadruple Gr. Ch. (4 types of events). Most typically, a Dl. Gr. Ch. was a Gr. Nite Ch. and Grand Show Ch. Though they could also do it with field trials and/or water races. The key being they had to title in two types of events (thus the designation "Dual".

Now, I'm seeing that a dog can be listed as a Dl. Gr. Ch., Triple Gr. Champion, etc. while only competing in one type of event (that doesn't sound like "Dual" or "Triple" to me.

When I see a dog that made Gr. Nite Ch. and Grand Show Ch. listed under the Dual Grand Champion heading, that makes sense (titled in two types of events). Right with it is a Grand Show Champion 2x (that's not dual to me). It's certainly not even close to the same thing.

Shouldn't a Grand Show Champion 2x, 3x, 4x, etc. be listed under a category for Grand Champion 2x, 3x, 4x, etc. Same for the Gr. Nite Ch. 2x, 3X, 4X, etc., and the Water Race and Field Trial titles.

I just think it's weird to see dogs that have only titled in ONE type of event to be listed as Dl. Gr. Ch., Triple Grand Ch., etc.

In looking further, I see HTX-12, HTX-3, HTX-2 listed under the appropriate categories. Why not do the same for Gr. Show Ch.'s and Grand Nite Ch.'s.

When I think of Quadruple Grand Champion, I think of Ridge Runners Ace (Granded in 4 types of events). Now, a dog can be listed as Quadruple Gr. Ch. without ever being hunted. Just seems strange to me.

Report this post to a moderator | IP: Logged

Old Post 08-30-2020 05:07 AM
honalieh is offline Click Here to See the Profile for honalieh Click here to Send honalieh a Private Message Click Here to Email honalieh Find more posts by honalieh Add honalieh to your buddy list Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote
Ridgerunner1988
UKC Forum Member

I agree with you on this it is stupid, to me they're dual or quadruple grand champions unless they've won in different events not the same one.

Report this post to a moderator | IP: Logged

Old Post 09-07-2020 03:06 PM
Ridgerunner1988 is offline Click Here to See the Profile for Ridgerunner1988 Click here to Send Ridgerunner1988 a Private Message Find more posts by Ridgerunner1988 Add Ridgerunner1988 to your buddy list Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote