UKC Forums UKC Website :: Hunting Ops :: All-Breed Sports :: Registration :: UKC Online Store
Here you can view your subscribed threads, work with private messages and edit your profile and preferences Registration is free! Calendar Find other members Frequently Asked Questions Search Home  
UKC Forums : Powered by vBulletin version 2.3.0 UKC Forums > Departments > UKC Coonhounds > Family hound
  Last Thread   Next Thread
Author
Thread Post New Thread    Post A Reply
coonhunter1988
UKC Forum Member

Family hound

What's your opinions on letting a good started pup come in the house watch tv and hang out with the family. Yea or no.

Report this post to a moderator | IP: Logged

Old Post 01-15-2014 01:05 AM
coonhunter1988 is offline Click Here to See the Profile for coonhunter1988 Click here to Send coonhunter1988 a Private Message Click Here to Email coonhunter1988 Find more posts by coonhunter1988 Add coonhunter1988 to your buddy list Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote
STROKIN
UKC Forum Member

To each there own. If you want it to then do it. I've brought some in when it was cold or the dog got wet and let them in the house. It never made any difference as far as there hunting ability.

Old Post 01-15-2014 01:13 AM
STROKIN is offline Click Here to See the Profile for STROKIN Click here to Send STROKIN a Private Message Click Here to Email STROKIN Find more posts by STROKIN Add STROKIN to your buddy list Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote
vthunter26
UKC Forum Member

pup

yes sir, I think letting them in for a bit is great. strengthens the pups bond with ya an teaches them good manners.

Old Post 01-15-2014 01:14 AM
vthunter26 is offline Click Here to See the Profile for vthunter26 Click here to Send vthunter26 a Private Message Find more posts by vthunter26 Add vthunter26 to your buddy list Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote
dbaker17
UKC Forum Member

I think it's great. Have a good relationship with your dog and he will aim to please you in the timber when it counts!!

CH 'PR' CHERRY CREEK XBOX aka "Mo"
2016 Treeing Walker Days Overall BS Winner
2016 Autumn Oaks Senior Male Class Winner
2017 SETWD Champion Male Winner

In Loving Memory of
'PR' BLACK KNIGHT'S BALU JETTA

Old Post 01-15-2014 01:21 AM
dbaker17 is offline Click Here to See the Profile for dbaker17 Click here to Send dbaker17 a Private Message Find more posts by dbaker17 Add dbaker17 to your buddy list Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote
Troy Arnold
UKC Forum Member

Family hound

Heres my family hound. Got underground fence in yard so hes outside all day but comes inside when we are home. Done this since I got him 9 weeks old. He is house broke and loves to play with all the nieces and nephews not to mention my wife SPOILS him big time she even gives him his own stocking at christmas haha. He has no problem getting the job done. My dad always tells everyone it amazes him how ge is so nice calm and gentle around the house but will foam at the mouth on a tree and rip a coon apart if he gets ahold of it.

Redbones
CH Baptist Baxter
Baptist Bella

Old Post 01-15-2014 01:26 AM
Troy Arnold is offline Click Here to See the Profile for Troy Arnold Click here to Send Troy Arnold a Private Message Click Here to Email Troy Arnold Find more posts by Troy Arnold Add Troy Arnold to your buddy list Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote
coonhunter1988
UKC Forum Member

Just makin sure I wasn't the only one people around here think I'm crazy.

Old Post 01-15-2014 02:18 AM
coonhunter1988 is offline Click Here to See the Profile for coonhunter1988 Click here to Send coonhunter1988 a Private Message Click Here to Email coonhunter1988 Find more posts by coonhunter1988 Add coonhunter1988 to your buddy list Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote
Redneck Mafia
UKC Moderator

Have always brought mine in from time to time . When the weather was sub-zero Mafia lived in the house . Bad storms & tornado warnings he's in the house & sometimes just to hang out . Just tell those that disagree with you that your preparing him not to freak out when he gets to come in the club house to get his pic taken when he's in the winners circle lol . The only thing I would watch is sudden temp changes . When it's 100 degrees outside you don't want him laying around in the ac day after day then all of a sudden take a fat out of shape ac dog to the woods to hunt all night .

"TEAM MAFIA"
*NATIONAL GRNITECH GRCH GRNITECH(5) HALL OF FAME PKC PLATIUM CH REDNECK BACKWOODS SHACK
2014 OK STATE CH, 2015 MO PKC LEADER, 2016 PKC NATIONALS SEMIFINALIST, 2016 UKC TOP 20, 2O17 UKC WORLD CHAMPIONSHIP 3RD PLACE, 2018 PKC SENIOR SHOWDOWN TRUCK HUNT FINAL 4, 2018 MO PKC STATE CHAMPION, 2019 AUTUMN OAKS NATIONAL GRNITE CH, 2019 PKC WORLD CH SEMIFINALIST. 2021 PKC SENIOR SHOWDOWN TRUCK HUNT FINAL 4.
*PKC WORLD CHAMPION PLATNIUM CHAMPION GRNITECH SHACK'S HEATHER ISLAND SOUTHERN STOGIE
2021 OKLAHOMA STATE CHAMPION, 2022 PKC WORLD CHAMPION, 2022 MO PKC STATE LEADER PRO SPORT TRUCK WINNER

RIP
*GRNITECH PKC SCH REDNECK MAFIA PKC HALL OF FAME REPRODUCER INDUCTED 2022
*GRNITECH CH PKC SILVER CH REDNECK SHACK ATTACK aka TAC 2018 OKLAHOMA STATE CHAMPION, 2020 MO PKC STATE LEADER

Old Post 01-15-2014 03:45 AM
Redneck Mafia is offline Click Here to See the Profile for Redneck Mafia Click here to Send Redneck Mafia a Private Message Click Here to Email Redneck Mafia Find more posts by Redneck Mafia Add Redneck Mafia to your buddy list Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote
jodaviess1
UKC Forum Member

OPPY

Old Post 01-15-2014 04:13 AM
jodaviess1 is offline Click Here to See the Profile for jodaviess1 Click here to Send jodaviess1 a Private Message Click Here to Email jodaviess1 Find more posts by jodaviess1 Add jodaviess1 to your buddy list Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote
RED REBELS
UKC Forum Member

All mine come in the house. Haven't ever had a problem with any of them lacking in the woods. I feel that they are more aimed to please if they were raised in the house and you tend to know if they will turn out or not by the timetthey are ready for the woods because youve spent a great deal of time with them by that point

Old Post 01-15-2014 01:14 PM
RED REBELS is offline Click Here to See the Profile for RED REBELS Click here to Send RED REBELS a Private Message Find more posts by RED REBELS Add RED REBELS to your buddy list Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote