UKC Forums UKC Website :: Hunting Ops :: All-Breed Sports :: Registration :: UKC Online Store
Here you can view your subscribed threads, work with private messages and edit your profile and preferences Registration is free! Calendar Find other members Frequently Asked Questions Search Home  
UKC Forums : Powered by vBulletin version 2.3.0 UKC Forums > Departments > UKC Coonhounds > Weak hunters
Pages (2): « 1 [2]   Last Thread   Next Thread
Author
Thread Post New Thread    Post A Reply
Night Shift
UKC Forum Member

quote:
Originally posted by novicane65
nothing against what you're saying but just because I don't hunt ukc doesn't man in not a club member. Just stating facts, just because I prefer pkc over ukc doesn't mean I'm not a club member. I just don't like ukc format. If your club solely rellies on night hunts for $, your club should close its doors.

We brought in over 13k last year because of night hunts.

Gr Nt Ch Maniac's Dark Side of the Moon

Report this post to a moderator | IP: Logged

Old Post 07-23-2019 09:14 PM
Night Shift is offline Click Here to See the Profile for Night Shift Click here to Send Night Shift a Private Message Click Here to Email Night Shift Find more posts by Night Shift Add Night Shift to your buddy list Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote
Hoosier Man1
UKC Forum Member

quote:
Originally posted by Josh Michaelis
I think I'd have quit before number 7 if I hated them so much but that's just me

All have been double headers that I attended. I am not driving an hour away for a single one hour hunt. Some will try them out but promise you when they see 4 dogs split and the one with the higher strike wins they won't be back. And who could blame them. One hour hunts through the week is one thing but not on the weekends.

Grand Nite Ch HOF PKC Silver Ch Heatseaker Unleash the Kraken(Grand at 15 months old) BBOA Overall 1st place X2, Tournament of Champions Finalist, National Bluetic Days overall winner, Autumn Oaks Grand 16x2 PKC SS Semi Finalist PKC State Hunt Final 4 UKC World Top 20
GRNT CH BLUES AMAZING GRACE
Trevor Hack
567-231-7413

Old Post 07-23-2019 09:49 PM
Hoosier Man1 is offline Click Here to See the Profile for Hoosier Man1 Click here to Send Hoosier Man1 a Private Message Find more posts by Hoosier Man1 Add Hoosier Man1 to your buddy list Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote
tony.beals
UKC Forum Member

quote:
Originally posted by novicane65
nothing against what you're saying but just because I don't hunt ukc doesn't man in not a club member. Just stating facts, just because I prefer pkc over ukc doesn't mean I'm not a club member. I just don't like ukc format. If your club solely rellies on night hunts for $, your club should close its doors.

If the clubs close their doors you will be driving more than one hour, two hours and three hours away to hunt plus you will be paying more for entries. Just food for thought.

MSG, US ARMY RETIRED
President of Michigan State United Coon Hunters Association

Old Post 07-23-2019 11:20 PM
tony.beals is offline Click Here to See the Profile for tony.beals Click here to Send tony.beals a Private Message Click Here to Email tony.beals Find more posts by tony.beals Add tony.beals to your buddy list Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote
novicane65
UKC Forum Member

quote:
Originally posted by tony.beals
If the clubs close their doors you will be driving more than one hour, two hours and three hours away to hunt plus you will be paying more for entries. Just food for thought.

True but, if you're club relies solely on night hunts to stay afloat then it needs to rethink what the club needs to do. Night hunts will only bring in just so much. 50/50 raffles and other fund raisers they'd make more. Or having unsanctioned hunts. Is it nice to have kc hunts......yep but you can't count on hunts for $ brought in as profit. Because this hunt there might be 3 dogs but the next might be 0, the next might be 20. You just never know. That's what I'm saying. My club is an hour and a half away. I pay yearly dues which is what is 100% you can count on for $.

And
Partners on a few common trashy young dogs

Gone but not forgotten

GrNtCh, PKC Ch Hillbilly Bildo
Pr Broken Oaks Wild Blue Gypsy

Old Post 07-24-2019 06:23 PM
novicane65 is offline Click Here to See the Profile for novicane65 Click here to Send novicane65 a Private Message Click Here to Email novicane65 Find more posts by novicane65 Add novicane65 to your buddy list Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote
oklared
UKC Forum Member

quote:
Originally posted by Hoosier Man1
Makes no difference to me how often a dog winning after the hour end up winning at the end of two. Fact is an hour is not enough time with the way dogs get split up to really allow all the dogs time to display there talents, good or bad. Most times a guy drives to a hunt any distance he will spend more time driving the dog around then letting it hunt. No good

Since the new hour format change I have won all 7 hour casts and I still despise them.

HOW OLD ARE YOU , THEY USED TO SAY THAT ABOUT THREE HOUR HUNTS

HOME OF 2010 HIGH SCOREING REDBONE FEMALE, DUAL CH Y2KD, #7 REPRODUCING RED FEMALE
NT.Ch. WINNER AT REDBONE SEC. 2008
3RD PL. NT.CH. 2009 BATTLE OF BREEDS AT ADA OKLA.
4TH PLACE R.Q.E 2010
2ND PLACE OVERALL AT ZONE 4 AND DOUBLE CAST WINNER 2010
WENT TO 2010 WORLD HUNT
AMERICAN REDBONE ASSOCIATION HIGH SCOREING REDBONE FEMALE OF THE 2010 WORLD HUNT
OVERALL HI SCOREING DOG AT 2010 BBCHA BLUE TIC SECTIONAL
GR.NT.CH. AT 12 and A HALF
MADE-EM SEE RED

Old Post 07-25-2019 03:22 PM
oklared is offline Click Here to See the Profile for oklared Click here to Send oklared a Private Message Click Here to Email oklared Find more posts by oklared Add oklared to your buddy list Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote
Hoosier Man1
UKC Forum Member

quote:
Originally posted by oklared
HOW OLD ARE YOU , THEY USED TO SAY THAT ABOUT THREE HOUR HUNTS

Three hour hunts were before my time so I can't speak on those.

Grand Nite Ch HOF PKC Silver Ch Heatseaker Unleash the Kraken(Grand at 15 months old) BBOA Overall 1st place X2, Tournament of Champions Finalist, National Bluetic Days overall winner, Autumn Oaks Grand 16x2 PKC SS Semi Finalist PKC State Hunt Final 4 UKC World Top 20
Trevor Hack
567-231-7413

Old Post 07-25-2019 05:28 PM
Hoosier Man1 is offline Click Here to See the Profile for Hoosier Man1 Click here to Send Hoosier Man1 a Private Message Find more posts by Hoosier Man1 Add Hoosier Man1 to your buddy list Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote
MTN HOUND
UKC Forum Member

Weak hunters???

Our club just voted to go to 1 hour double headers next year, we are in central Wv and hunt nothing but mountains and clear cuts it’s tough all year especially in the summer with rattle snakes, copperheads and a huge bear population that tempt young dogs all the time. With that said, we have a lot of older club memebers that hunt this type of terrain regularly, people who hunt these places in competition or pleasure hunting are far from weak. 2 hours walking in this steep rough ground is not for everyone but trust me the ones that do it are far from weak. Hunt the the format that suits you in the kc that suits you and support your clubs and fellow coonhunters even if what suits them is different. I never post on here but I just don’t think that everyone that likes the 1 hour hunts should be generalized as weak

Old Post 07-29-2019 12:50 AM
MTN HOUND is offline Click Here to See the Profile for MTN HOUND Click here to Send MTN HOUND a Private Message Click Here to Email MTN HOUND Find more posts by MTN HOUND Add MTN HOUND to your buddy list Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote
Hoosier Man1
UKC Forum Member

Re: Weak hunters???

quote:
Originally posted by MTN HOUND
Our club just voted to go to 1 hour double headers next year, we are in central Wv and hunt nothing but mountains and clear cuts it’s tough all year especially in the summer with rattle snakes, copperheads and a huge bear population that tempt young dogs all the time. With that said, we have a lot of older club memebers that hunt this type of terrain regularly, people who hunt these places in competition or pleasure hunting are far from weak. 2 hours walking in this steep rough ground is not for everyone but trust me the ones that do it are far from weak. Hunt the the format that suits you in the kc that suits you and support your clubs and fellow coonhunters even if what suits them is different. I never post on here but I just don’t think that everyone that likes the 1 hour hunts should be generalized as weak

You are right and where you live I suppose would definatley dictate the amount of time youd like to hunt.

Trevor Hack
567-231-7413

Old Post 07-29-2019 03:29 AM