UKC Forums UKC Website :: Hunting Ops :: All-Breed Sports :: Registration :: UKC Online Store
Here you can view your subscribed threads, work with private messages and edit your profile and preferences Registration is free! Calendar Find other members Frequently Asked Questions Search Home  
UKC Forums : Powered by vBulletin version 2.3.0 UKC Forums > Departments > UKC Coonhounds > How many
Pages (2): « 1 [2]   Last Thread   Next Thread
Author
Thread Post New Thread    Post A Reply
Ron Moore
UKC Forum Member

Satisfied??

I would say I'm fairly satisfied with the one I am hunting at this time. No, I will never be totally satisfied. When we settle with what we have, that means we quit looking forward to we can have and that's when life stops, IMO. I'm not able to hunt like I once did in my youth but I still know what good is. There's several things mentioned on this thread I can agree/relate with. I believe many people don't know what a good hound is. For instance; I had a young female once that wasn't even average IMO, so I sold her to an older gentleman that just wanted a dog to hunt and show some. He intern gave the dog to his son in law who somehow turned this female into a coon treeing machine. I found out how good she was doing and arranged a hunt with her and her new owner. Well, at the end of the night she was no better than she was when I had gotten rid of her, the only thing that had changed was the person that was hunting her. So this leads me to believe, my view of a top hound and someone else's view differ greatly. Hunt your dog hard to bring out it's full potential then seek out other so called good hounds and hunt with them. You may be surprised what you're hunting. You may like yours better or you may not, lol. One important thing, always be honest about your dog and what it is. If its not all that, maybe you need to look elsewhere, but don't claim you have something that you really don't, the truth will come out when you step into the woods with a seasoned coon hunter. Have a great day...Ron

Report this post to a moderator | IP: Logged

Old Post 07-01-2019 12:56 PM
Ron Moore is offline Click Here to See the Profile for Ron Moore Click here to Send Ron Moore a Private Message Click Here to Email Ron Moore Find more posts by Ron Moore Add Ron Moore to your buddy list Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote