UKC Forums UKC Website :: Hunting Ops :: All-Breed Sports :: Registration :: UKC Online Store
Here you can view your subscribed threads, work with private messages and edit your profile and preferences Registration is free! Calendar Find other members Frequently Asked Questions Search Home  
UKC Forums : Powered by vBulletin version 2.3.0 UKC Forums > Departments > UKC Coonhounds > Mr yeedkinreever ?
Pages (2): [1] 2 »   Last Thread   Next Thread
Author
Thread Post New Thread    Post A Reply
yadkintar
Banned

Mr yeedkinreever ?

What do you think has all these knowledgeable,hard core, ruff and tuff die hard coonhunters on this board panties in a bunch.

It’s like being at a funeral on here !!

Tar

Report this post to a moderator | IP: Logged

Old Post 06-21-2020 02:01 PM
yadkintar is offline Click Here to See the Profile for yadkintar Click here to Send yadkintar a Private Message Click Here to Email yadkintar Find more posts by yadkintar Add yadkintar to your buddy list Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote
yadkinriver
UKC Forum Member

Feller called Tarbaby throws the truth at them. Can't handle it.

Old Post 06-21-2020 02:04 PM
yadkinriver is offline Click Here to See the Profile for yadkinriver Click here to Send yadkinriver a Private Message Click Here to Email yadkinriver Visit yadkinriver's homepage! Find more posts by yadkinriver Add yadkinriver to your buddy list Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote
Stan Ferrell
UKC Forum Member

DR's mother grounded him from the puter.

Old Post 06-21-2020 02:24 PM
Stan Ferrell is offline Click Here to See the Profile for Stan Ferrell Click here to Send Stan Ferrell a Private Message Find more posts by Stan Ferrell Add Stan Ferrell to your buddy list Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote
yadkintar
Banned

quote:
Originally posted by Stan Ferrell
DR's mother grounded him from the puter.

Oh I don’t think so lol. But somtimes when sombody tells you up yours on here it takes a little while for it to quit stingen lol.

Tarbaby

Old Post 06-21-2020 02:28 PM
yadkintar is offline Click Here to See the Profile for yadkintar Click here to Send yadkintar a Private Message Click Here to Email yadkintar Find more posts by yadkintar Add yadkintar to your buddy list Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote
yadkinriver
UKC Forum Member

Post you made about lack of mean dogs at smaller local hunts was spot on. Usually that is local hunters that know each other and know whats on each others leashes. BUT if you plan on going to the big dance and staying until the end you had better have something tough on the end of your leash.

Old Post 06-21-2020 03:18 PM
yadkinriver is offline Click Here to See the Profile for yadkinriver Click here to Send yadkinriver a Private Message Click Here to Email yadkinriver Visit yadkinriver's homepage! Find more posts by yadkinriver Add yadkinriver to your buddy list Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote
yadkintar
Banned

quote:
Originally posted by yadkinriver
Post you made about lack of mean dogs at smaller local hunts was spot on. Usually that is local hunters that know each other and know whats on each others leashes. BUT if you plan on going to the big dance and staying until the end you had better have something tough on the end of your leash.

Yup a little loose mouth and sticky around the tree are good traits now.

Tar

Old Post 06-21-2020 04:55 PM
Cotton 1927
UKC Forum Member

Silence

Actually I've enjoyed the lack of nonsense on here Mr. Bruce hurt some feelings with his truthful post about non hunting coonhunters, and young dogs being instant world champs, the truth is the same no matter how you slice it.....

Old Post 06-21-2020 05:20 PM
Cotton 1927 is offline Click Here to See the Profile for Cotton 1927 Click here to Send Cotton 1927 a Private Message Click Here to Email Cotton 1927 Find more posts by Cotton 1927 Add Cotton 1927 to your buddy list Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote
yadkintar
Banned

Re: Silence

quote:
Originally posted by Cotton 1927
Actually I've enjoyed the lack of nonsense on here Mr. Bruce hurt some feelings with his truthful post about non hunting coonhunters, and young dogs being instant world champs, the truth is the same no matter how you slice it.....

Well I disagree with you and Bruce the genetics we have today is quadrupled up on a bunch of pen pacing, non stop barking,dookie smearing ,babbling, antisocial idiots. To the point grown men that been hunting all their life have to buy a book off of a dog psychologist to try and recoup some of that big money they spent so their wife that’s never hunted before won’t hurt their feelers by telling them to get rid of that barking idiot and burn those papers. And flush those thyroid pills while your at it.

I don’t care how good of a dog trainer you are it’s hard to make chicken salad out of chicken chit ! But you can take all those faults and win $$$ with it.

Tar

Old Post 06-21-2020 06:29 PM
Dave Richards
UKC Forum Member

Tar

Glad to see you out of the hay fields and back to educating all these misguided coon hunters. I got about half of my yearly needs of square bales put up in my hay barn, waiting on second cut for the other half. It has been a good year for hay so far, hope it continues. Stan, my mother did tell me that I should not play with ignorant kids, she said ignorance was contagious and that if I was around them them a long time I could catch a dose of the dumbass. It's too bad your mother did not warn you, there is no cure. Dave

Last edited by Dave Richards on 06-21-2020 at 07:10 PM

Old Post 06-21-2020 07:00 PM
Dave Richards is offline Click Here to See the Profile for Dave Richards Click here to Send Dave Richards a Private Message Click Here to Email Dave Richards Find more posts by Dave Richards Add Dave Richards to your buddy list Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote
Cotton 1927
UKC Forum Member

Re: Re: Silence

quote:
Originally posted by yadkintar
Well I disagree with you and Bruce the genetics we have today is quadrupled up on a bunch of pen pacing, non stop barking,dookie smearing ,babbling, antisocial idiots. To the point grown men that been hunting all their life have to buy a book off of a dog psychologist to try and recoup some of that big money they spent so their wife that’s never hunted before won’t hurt their feelers by telling them to get rid of that barking idiot and burn those papers. And flush those thyroid pills while your at it.

I don’t care how good of a dog trainer you are it’s hard to make chicken salad out of chicken chit ! But you can take all those faults and win $$$ with it.

Tar

Tar I agree with you 100% but ya gotta turn one loose more than once every six months to find out, a lot of stupid goes away with hunting a lot but not all.......

Old Post 06-21-2020 07:12 PM
Cotton 1927 is offline Click Here to See the Profile for Cotton 1927 Click here to Send Cotton 1927 a Private Message Click Here to Email Cotton 1927 Find more posts by Cotton 1927 Add Cotton 1927 to your buddy list Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote
yadkintar
Banned

Re: Re: Re: Silence

quote:
Tar I agree with you 100% but ya gotta turn one loose more than once every six months to find out, a lot of stupid goes away with hunting a lot but not all.......

The guys that tell you they are going all night every night ain’t going as much as the ones saying nothing at all.

We might not be hunting nothing that’s impressing us enough to tell sombody about lol.

Tar

Old Post 06-21-2020 07:18 PM
Cotton 1927
UKC Forum Member

Dogs

I think you know what I'm talking about, you've been around a long time just like a lot of others on here, I'm not talking about chicken chit, I'm talking about bug spray,water jug,and soon to be cornfields 3 or 4 nites a week,you can study your pedigree till your eyes fall out,but you still gotta turn once loose......have a good Father's Day

Old Post 06-21-2020 07:37 PM
Dave Richards
UKC Forum Member

Tar

What's really funny is listening to some of these experts that seem to forget that some of us old guys have hunted thousands of nights and many many competition hunts. They think just because we have slowed down that we do not know anything. Truth is many of these hunters will never spend as much time in the woods either pleasure hunting or competition hunting as we have spent over the years. If ignorance is really blissful as some have said, we sure have some blissful folks among us. Sadly, if I never hunt another night of coon hunting, I have done way more than my share and definitely know just a little bit about coon hunting and the golden age of competition hunting. I definitely agree with Tar that it took a way better coon dog to win them 3 hour coon hunts than it does to win today's hunts. I lost interest in the competition hunts when they became a bucket hunt contest, you can not go to a hunt anywhere near me without hunting on buckets and I suspect it is that way in every part of the country. No thank you, that's not coon hunting to me and definitely not producing the kind of coon dog that shines in the winter time. Dave

Last edited by Dave Richards on 06-21-2020 at 07:42 PM

Old Post 06-21-2020 07:39 PM
Dave Richards is offline Click Here to See the Profile for Dave Richards Click here to Send Dave Richards a Private Message Click Here to Email Dave Richards Find more posts by Dave Richards Add Dave Richards to your buddy list Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote
yadkintar
Banned

Re: Dogs

quote:
I think you know what I'm talking about, you've been around a long time just like a lot of others on here, I'm not talking about chicken chit, I'm talking about bug spray,water jug,and soon to be cornfields 3 or 4 nites a week,you can study your pedigree till your eyes fall out,but you still gotta turn once loose......have a good Father's Day

Bug spray yes, water jug yes, Lots of coffee yes ,cornfield no just a bunch of grown up river bottom full of ticks and snakes. And yes I know what your talking about got a 9 month old that sure reminds me of his great grandpa. I got high hopes haven’t had nothing that suits me in a long time.

And it takes a lot to excite me most at best are just anouther dog hunting don’t make that kind no better.

Tar

Old Post 06-21-2020 07:45 PM
Stan Ferrell
UKC Forum Member

Re: Tar

quote:
Originally posted by Dave Richards
Glad to see you out of the hay fields and back to educating all these misguided coon hunters. I got about half of my yearly needs of square bales put up in my hay barn, waiting on second cut for the other half. It has been a good year for hay so far, hope it continues. Stan, my mother did tell me that I should not play with ignorant kids, she said ignorance was contagious and that if I was around them them a long time I could catch a dose of the dumbass. It's too bad your mother did not warn you, there is no cure. Dave

You shoulda listened to your Mamma. My momma said , ya plant cabbage, ya get cabbage.

Old Post 06-21-2020 09:04 PM
Stan Ferrell is offline Click Here to See the Profile for Stan Ferrell Click here to Send Stan Ferrell a Private Message Find more posts by Stan Ferrell Add Stan Ferrell to your buddy list Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote
Dave Richards
UKC Forum Member

Stan

I listened to my mama and it sounds like your mama was right, she planted cabbage and she got cabbage. You are the living proof that she was right, just as some of your friends have suggested. Dave

Old Post 06-21-2020 09:22 PM
yadkinriver
UKC Forum Member

Tar now look at what ya done. Ya seem to have a natural talent. Now we have kids playing and planting cabbage. lmao

Old Post 06-21-2020 11:22 PM
yadkintar
Banned

quote:
Originally posted by yadkinriver
Tar now look at what ya done. Ya seem to have a natural talent. Now we have kids playing and planting cabbage. lmao

What’s wrong with cabbage? It’s cleansing powers are unmatched lol.

Tar

Old Post 06-22-2020 12:02 AM
Dave Richards
UKC Forum Member

Tar

Lol. The only thing cabbage is good for is making kraut and that stuff leaves a sour taste in everyone's mouth, although some folks seem to like it, it's not something everyone likes. Dave

Old Post 06-22-2020 12:19 AM
yadkintar
Banned

quote:
Lol. The only thing cabbage is good for is making kraut and that stuff leaves a sour taste in everyone's mouth, although some folks seem to like it, it's not something everyone likes. Dave

Fried cabbage in bacon grease and boiled cabbage and sausage and cornbread.

Y’all ain’t right if you don’t like that.

Tar

Old Post 06-22-2020 12:33 AM
Dave Richards
UKC Forum Member

Tar

That stuff must be akin to hominy, you have to have an acquired taste to like it. I probably could eat it, but I can think of many other things to eat that I know I like. Catfish being one of them. Lol. Dave

Old Post 06-22-2020 12:39 AM
Coal295
UKC Forum Member

Lettuce

Pour that bacon grease over some lettuce instead Tar! My Dad loved it that way- killed lettuce I guess- he called it kilt lettuce but I'm pretty sure that was his pronunciation. I never ate any with him but if I could have him back for a day I sure would sit down and eat a big helping of it with him!

Old Post 06-22-2020 01:22 AM
Coal295 is offline Click Here to See the Profile for Coal295 Click here to Send Coal295 a Private Message Click Here to Email Coal295 Find more posts by Coal295 Add Coal295 to your buddy list Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote
Dave Richards
UKC Forum Member

Coal295

I feel you man, my mother loved that dish just like your dad and if I could have her back I would do just as you and eat a big old heaping with her. My mother grew up on a farm and loved that kind of food. Dave

Old Post 06-22-2020 01:36 AM
Coal295
UKC Forum Member

Dave

Lots of things I'd love to do with him if I could have him back for a spell. He put the love for hearing a hound work a track up in me I guess. If we didnt hunt together he would go with his old hunting partner and I'd go by myself or with my cousin and we would swap hunt reports sometime the next morning or up in the day. I miss those phone calls with him. He had more knowledge of things than I ever will, and is sorely missed.

Old Post 06-22-2020 01:49 AM
Coal295 is offline Click Here to See the Profile for Coal295 Click here to Send Coal295 a Private Message Click Here to Email Coal295 Find more posts by Coal295 Add Coal295 to your buddy list Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote
Stan Ferrell
UKC Forum Member

quote:
Are you sure your not Cliff Claven? You seem to be an expert on everything.

Old Post 06-22-2020 01:56 AM