UKC Forums UKC Website :: Hunting Ops :: All-Breed Sports :: Registration :: UKC Online Store
Here you can view your subscribed threads, work with private messages and edit your profile and preferences Registration is free! Calendar Find other members Frequently Asked Questions Search Home  
UKC Forums : Powered by vBulletin version 2.3.0 UKC Forums > Departments > UKC Coonhounds > old blooded dogs where are they?????
Pages (3): « 1 2 [3]   Last Thread   Next Thread
Author
Thread Post New Thread    Post A Reply
CONRAD FRYAR
UKC Forum Member

These aren't for sale either but I think should be interesting

"Life is short boys, Hunt an intelligent hound"

Born in sin, convicted by the Word, saved by Grace.

Report this post to a moderator | IP: Logged

Old Post 04-20-2020 09:30 PM
CONRAD FRYAR is offline Click Here to See the Profile for CONRAD FRYAR Click here to Send CONRAD FRYAR a Private Message Click Here to Email CONRAD FRYAR Find more posts by CONRAD FRYAR Add CONRAD FRYAR to your buddy list Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote
FLYbyNIGHT
UKC Forum Member

Man those pups are built for speed!!

Old Post 04-20-2020 09:38 PM
FLYbyNIGHT is offline Click Here to See the Profile for FLYbyNIGHT Click here to Send FLYbyNIGHT a Private Message Find more posts by FLYbyNIGHT Add FLYbyNIGHT to your buddy list Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote
Dave Richards
UKC Forum Member

Conrad

A friend of mine bred and raised Yadkin River Jeff, he turned out to be a reproducer. I like your pups pedigree, good luck with them. Dave

Old Post 04-20-2020 10:10 PM
Dave Richards is offline Click Here to See the Profile for Dave Richards Click here to Send Dave Richards a Private Message Click Here to Email Dave Richards Find more posts by Dave Richards Add Dave Richards to your buddy list Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote
Dave Richards
UKC Forum Member

D Ray

You keep up the good work, love to see this old blood being brought back to the present. Those dogs proved themselves in times when it took s COON DOG to win big hunts. Thanks for doing your part to preserve these bloodlines. Dave

Old Post 04-21-2020 12:11 AM
Dave Richards is offline Click Here to See the Profile for Dave Richards Click here to Send Dave Richards a Private Message Click Here to Email Dave Richards Find more posts by Dave Richards Add Dave Richards to your buddy list Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote
stxcoonhunter
UKC Forum Member

To answer the posters original question. There is a dog in LA that is OLD blood that's done some winning. Rock River Banjo 2. Theres a stud add on the classifieds.

Old Post 04-21-2020 01:35 PM
stxcoonhunter is offline Click Here to See the Profile for stxcoonhunter Click here to Send stxcoonhunter a Private Message Click Here to Email stxcoonhunter Find more posts by stxcoonhunter Add stxcoonhunter to your buddy list Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote
BrokeBackKennel
Banned

quote:
Originally posted by dmaker
i know one of the gentlemen that owed chkc and he hunted with law and bred his female the next cycle so that said i know that law is a sure nuff coondog because he wouldn't breed to a hound that's as common as grass.
That guy wouldn't know a coon dog if it bit him

Broke Back Kennels video productions

Old Post 04-21-2020 01:38 PM
BrokeBackKennel is offline Click Here to See the Profile for BrokeBackKennel Click here to Send BrokeBackKennel a Private Message Click Here to Email BrokeBackKennel Find more posts by BrokeBackKennel Add BrokeBackKennel to your buddy list Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote
stxcoonhunter
UKC Forum Member

quote:
Originally posted by BrokeBackKennel
That guy wouldn't know a coon dog if it bit him

Obviously if he bred to that dog.

Old Post 04-21-2020 04:33 PM
stxcoonhunter is offline Click Here to See the Profile for stxcoonhunter Click here to Send stxcoonhunter a Private Message Click Here to Email stxcoonhunter Find more posts by stxcoonhunter Add stxcoonhunter to your buddy list Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote
Jed Finley
UKC Forum Member

There are great dogs from the past as well as junk dogs from the past! The only difference is that so called old blood is passed away and gone and gets better the longer it has been gone! Some trailed to much some treed too much!

Today’s dogs there are great ones and junk ones! Some babble and trail too much some tree to much!

At the end of the day things have changed, hunting styles, hunting areas, where people prefer to hunt now compared to where they use to hunt! More hunts and depending your location that’s the style of dog one hunts!

A coon dog of the past would be a coon dog today still! And a coon dog of today would still be a coon dog in the past!

Today they are more in the public’s eye with social media and forums in the past you had the magazines and that was it! Also more hunts so you see dogs go more than what they use too!! Some of the so called greats were Granded out then in the stud pen they went and most never even got to hunt with them just breed to them! Makes for a great topic but there is the same traits that has been from generations to the present it’s just people look at things differently now then they did back then!

UKC GRAND NITE CHAMPION
CHKC CHAMPION OF CHAMPIONS
STYLISH TRADER
2011 PKC WORLD CHAMPION FEMALE
PKC GOLD CHAMPION
UKC GRAND NITE CHAMPION
SKUNA RIVER SQUEAKY
www.trader-inc.com

Last edited by Jed Finley on 04-21-2020 at 06:57 PM

Old Post 04-21-2020 06:55 PM
Jed Finley is offline Click Here to See the Profile for Jed Finley Click here to Send Jed Finley a Private Message Click Here to Email Jed Finley Visit Jed Finley's homepage! Find more posts by Jed Finley Add Jed Finley to your buddy list Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote
CONRAD FRYAR
UKC Forum Member

Some of the benefits of older bloodlines is they were tighter bred to family lines and their traits were more consistent in what they were known for, making it easier for breeders to select, instead of the box of chocolates 😊

"Life is short boys, Hunt an intelligent hound"

Born in sin, convicted by the Word, saved by Grace.

Old Post 04-21-2020 08:03 PM
CONRAD FRYAR is offline Click Here to See the Profile for CONRAD FRYAR Click here to Send CONRAD FRYAR a Private Message Click Here to Email CONRAD FRYAR Find more posts by CONRAD FRYAR Add CONRAD FRYAR to your buddy list Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote
teb
New UKC Forum Member

ihave some old blood wc deamon diamond jim whats up doc ganns finnisher i dont competition hunt due to my age just pleasure hunt

Old Post 04-23-2020 07:28 PM
teb is offline Click Here to See the Profile for teb Click here to Send teb a Private Message Click Here to Email teb Find more posts by teb Add teb to your buddy list Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote
teb
New UKC Forum Member

ihave some old blood wc deamon diamond jim whats up doc ganns finnisher i dont competition hunt due to my age just pleasure hunt

Old Post 04-23-2020 07:28 PM
teb is offline Click Here to See the Profile for teb Click here to Send teb a Private Message Click Here to Email teb Find more posts by teb Add teb to your buddy list Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote
andrewdavis
UKC Forum Member

Grand pup to w.c. moffets deamon 2 overall show wins and a cast win placing 3rd overall!! Palmyra mo.

Nitech grch shannons hillbilly cookie (rip)
Pr davis'hillbilly tiny diamond
team hillbilly mac !!!

Old Post 05-17-2020 07:02 AM
andrewdavis is offline Click Here to See the Profile for andrewdavis Click here to Send andrewdavis a Private Message Click Here to Email andrewdavis Find more posts by andrewdavis Add andrewdavis to your buddy list Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote
Reuben
UKC Forum Member

That’s a well built and good looking hound...

Old Post 05-17-2020 09:10 AM
Reuben is offline Click Here to See the Profile for Reuben Click here to Send Reuben a Private Message Click Here to Email Reuben Find more posts by Reuben Add Reuben to your buddy list Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote
OLD TIMER
UKC Forum Member

andrewdavis

I like the way your hound is built and I would guess he is fast and doesn't come up sore after hard hunting.
Why??
I like the way his foot is laid out, inside toes are a little longer something like a coyote for speed.
His pastern has a "little" bend to it which acts like a shock absorb er and is easy on his shoulders.
And when I pick a hound I like their hind leg to be like his for speed, the bone from the hip to his hock is 2/3 the length of bone from the hock to the pad which gives a hound the push/drive when running.
Very nice hound and happy hunting and stay safe.

As far as the past vs the present?? Think it has to do more with the hunter then the hound. Seen my first coon treed in 1955, owned my first hound in 1956 and have had one every year sense. Didn't put up with feeding junk then and don't today. Didn't hunt with a little computer in my hand when I started so they had to tell me what was happening and where they were. I do have one of those computers today, BUT I still hunt the type that tells me whats happening and where they are going. Have never hunted for the fur, scorecard or the money but for the enjoyment of the hound. Did have a Blue out of some of the early Hammer Line that was nice, had a spotted one out of the Spring Creek Rock that liked to run "everything" so he went to a fox hunter. Had some really nice grade hounds but got spoiled on a Redbone in the early 60's that came from Amboy MN that was as natural of a coon treeing machine and as straight as an arrow.
Loved his mouth on track and tree and still today, mouth and how they use it is very important to me, tree hound or Running Hound.
Was there junk back then? Yep, but I have seen as much in what's out there today. Ruff--remember in the 60's-70's would go to a hunt and could load males females in the same box and go to your spots to hunt. Slick--same years as above, when they treed you could load the gun or plus the card. Early days brains and voice where a lot more important because we didn't have that little computer box that can reach out there and "touch" them, (which I have seen do more harm then good in some peoples hands!!)
So for those that like what they have today, more power to you and enjoy.
And for us others that still enjoy the work of the hound, be safe and Thank You for not breeding for the scorecard or the money but the enjoyment.

OT

Old Post 05-17-2020 01:37 PM
OLD TIMER is offline Click Here to See the Profile for OLD TIMER Click Here to Email OLD TIMER Find more posts by OLD TIMER Add OLD TIMER to your buddy list Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote
Reuben
UKC Forum Member

Old Man...excellent post...

Without electronics we read the story as it unfolded...seems I could see it in my head...

Old Post 05-17-2020 02:36 PM
Reuben is offline Click Here to See the Profile for Reuben Click here to Send Reuben a Private Message Click Here to Email Reuben Find more posts by Reuben Add Reuben to your buddy list Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote
Robert Starke
UKC Forum Member

Gr Nt Ch Starke's Finley River Superman HTX

Hi,

Didn't take Superman long to gr out under the old rules. Qualified for the 2020 UKC World Hunt. 44 years linebreeding Gr Nt Ch Finley River Dan. Dan was a Hall of Fame dog out of a Hall of Fame dog, Nt Ch Finley River Chief. Dan placed 6th in the 1970 ACHA World Hunt back when it was THE World Hunt. You hunted 3 HOURS. Second nite, if you advanced, you hunted by yourself. It was 5 nites of hunting in the middle of OCTOBER. NO LEAVES. The field of dogs hunted was usually over 500-600 hounds. Not 80 dogs in September.

That is what my linebreeding program is based on.

Good Hunting,
Robert

PS Think it was an easy hunt? Take a score card with you on Oct 15th and turn loose. Hunt for 3 hours hunt time. See what kind of score you get, lol.

Gr. Ch. Nt. Ch. Wild Bill's Lill 21.05% reproduction record
Starke's Finley River Little Lill
Dual Gr. Ch. Wild Bill's Queen UKC RQE 112 winner 725+ 2006 UKC World Hunt qualifier
Starke's Finley River Ramblin Rattler 2
Starke's Finley River Ramblin Sadie
Gr.Ch.Nt.Ch.TrackMan's Stone Cold HTX 2009 UKC World Hunt qualifier 2009 UKC World Hunt Zone 5 Hunt 14th place 2011 UKC World Hunt qualifier
Dual Ch. PKC Ch.Track Man's Mad Dash 2007 PKC SS qualifier 2008 UKC World Hunt qualifier 2011 Ringtail Lodge Coon Club High Scoring Dog of the Year 2011 Ringtail Lodge Coon Club Final Hunt winner 2012 MCHF Youth State Championship 2nd place 2012 Ringtail Lodge Coon Club High Scoring Dog of the Year
Gr. Ch. Finley River Cadillac Jane 2006 PKC Walker Days BOSF 2006 UKC RQE 74 Ch winner 2006 Trackman Invitational Queen of Show 2007 MCHF State Hunt Ch. female winner
Starke's Finley River Ramblin Cozi
Gr Nt Ch Starke's Finley River Super Man HTX 2017 Mid Mo Coonhunters Hunt Series Champion 2018 MCHF Dick Gray Memorial Hunt High Scoring Dog and King of the Hunt 2018 Mid-Mo Coonhunters Hunt Series Champion 2018 MCHF State Final Hunt the only double cast winner Final Four 3rd place winner 2019 BBCHA Sectional Madison, MO Gr Nt Ch/ Nt Ch Cast winner and High Scoring dog 2019 BBOA Richard Casey Tribute Hunt High Scoring Dog 750+ Thursday night and 825+ Friday night 2019 MCHF State Final Hunt Final Four 2nd place winner 2020 UKC World Hunt Qualifier at Marshall, MO March 21st

Dual Gr Ch Wild Bill's April 2016 UKC RQE 97 Ch winner

Gr. Ch. Starke's Finley River Jane 2006 UKC RQE 74 Gr Ch winner
Gr. Ch. Starke's Finley River Sugar 2012 MCHF Dick Gray Summer Classic Ch of Ch winner
Starke's Finley River Jake
Hoghill's Finley River Rip
Hoghill's Finley River Candie

Starke's Finley River Stubbie
Starke's Finley River Ramblin Tuff
Starke's Finley River Ramblin Steel
Starke's Finley River Ramblin Fame

Starke's Finley River Ramblin Jane
Gr Ch Starke's Finley River Ramblin Iron Man
Starke's Finley River Ramblin Bat Man

Starke's Finley River Ramblin Tanna
Starke's Finley River Ramblin Lightning
Starke"s Finley River Ramblin John Henry
Starke's Finley River Ramblin Dan
Starke's Finley River Ramblin Sister
Starke's Finley River Diamond
Starke's Finley River General Robert E Lee

Starke's Finley River Stormy
Clark's Finley River Spot PKC cast / money winner
Starke's Finley River Ramblin Sage

Starke's Finley River Ramblin Paige

Starke's Finley River Ramblin Lou HTX passed times 1 Littermate of
PKC Gold Ch Gr Nt Ch Snitch, mother of Batman

Gr Ch. Starke's Finley River Ramblin Emma HTX
Starke's Finley River Ramblin Sugar Boy
Starke's Finley River Ramblin Randi
Starke's Finley River Ramblin Little Emma

Gr.Ch. Starke's Table Rock Jewell 2007 RQE 5 BOSF winner 2007 MCHF State Hunt BOSF winner 2009 RQE 28 Best of Show female winner 2009 MCHF State Hunt Ch of Ch Female winner 2010 MCHF State Hunt Gr Ch winner and Queen of Show 2010 Alan Reinkemeyer Memorial Queen of Show 2011 Gr Ch Louisiana State Championship 2012 NE Missouri Black & Tan Sectional Gr. Ch. female 2012 MCHF Spring Classic Gr Ch female 2012 UKC RQE 87 Gr Ch winner 2012 NE Missouri Treeing Walker Sectional Gr Ch winner 2012 MCHF Dick Gray Summer Classic Gr. Ch. winner 2012 Lee Crawford Invitational qualifier 2012 Purina Nationals qualifier 2012 UKC Current Top 10 2012 MCHF Missouri State Show Dog of the Year

Gr Ch Little Walnut Queen Bathsheba 2011 SWTWA BFOS and Queen of Show 2011 MCHA State Hunt BFOS 2011 Oklahoma Federation State Hunt and Show BFOS 2012 MCHF State Hunt Ch Female and Queen of Show 2012 Oklahoma Federation State Hunt and Show Ch. Female 2012 Purina Nationals qualifier 2013 TWB&F Walker Days Gr. Ch. female and Queen of Show 2013 Kentucky State Championship Gr. Ch. female and Opposite Sex winner 2013 Purina Nationals qualifier 2013 ACHA World Hunt and Show BFOS 2014 Purina Nationals qualifier 2014 Lee Crawford Invitaional qualifier
Gr Ch Little Walnut Zipporah

Gr Ch A & B Preacher 2012 Saluda Days King of Show 2013 MCHF State Hunt Ch. winner and King of Show 2013 MO Governor's Cup State Hunt Ch. winner and King of Show 2014 RQE #11 Gr. Ch. winner 2014 Purina Nationals qualifier 2014 SWTWA Gr. Ch. winner 2014 Lee Crawford Invitational qualifier 2014 Kansas State Championship Gr. Ch. winner both days 2014 UKC's Top 10 List 2014 Purina's Bench Show Top Ten List 2014 MCHF Summer Classic Gr. Ch. winner both days 2014 MCHF Summer Classic King of Show 2014 MCHF State Hunt and Show GR. Ch. Winner Friday 2014 MCHF Missouri State Show Dog of the Year 2015 Purina Nationals qualifier 2015 Kansas State Championship Friday Gr Ch winner 2016 Purina Nationals qualifier

Gr Ch Table Rock Reverend Mundo Hawk 2010 MCHF State Hunt Best Male of Show 2011 MCHF Spring Classic Gr. Ch. male and King of Show 2011 UKC RQE 88 Gr Ch male 2012 UKC RQE 87 Gr Ch male 2012 NE Missouri Treeing Walker Sectional Gr. Ch. male and King Of Show 2012 MCHF Dick Gray Summer Classic Gr. Ch. male 2012 Lee Crawford Invitational qualifier

"Fast is Good. Accuracy is Everything." Wyatt Earp

Last edited by Robert Starke on 05-22-2020 at 06:34 AM

Old Post 05-22-2020 06:29 AM
Robert Starke is offline Click Here to See the Profile for Robert Starke Click here to Send Robert Starke a Private Message Find more posts by Robert Starke Add Robert Starke to your buddy list Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote
RedCreek Hunter
UKC Forum Member

I’m excited about this pup. As old a blood as it gets. Foundation Bloodlines

----------------‘PR’ HURON RIVER ROCK
---------- ‘PR’ HURON RIVER JIM
----------------‘PR’ JOLLYS HURON RIVER SUE
-------GRNITECH SWINNEY’S DIAMOND JIM
----------------‘PR’ COCHRANS MICH ROCK
-----------‘PR’ VINCE’S LADY
----------------‘PR’ BASHONES LITTLE BELLE
—GRNITECH ‘PR’ MOFFET’S W.C. DEAMON
----------------NITECH"PR" FINLEY RIVER CHIEF
----------GRNITECH'PR" GANNS FINISHER
---------------GRNITECH-"PR" FELTMANS LANAWEE QUEEN
-------"PR" FUTRELLS QUEEN
---------------"PR" TWO DOLLAR BILL
----------"PR" MARTINS CANDY GIRL
---------------"PR" SAILORS LIGHTNING

PUP

-------------GRNITECH HOUSES TOM TOM
--------- GRNITECH ‘PR’ HOUSE’S CLINT
-------------NITECH"PR" KENTUCKY JUDY
-----GRCH GRNITECH ‘PR’ HOUSES’S LIPPER
------------GRNITECH’PR’ SHIVES GOLDHILL TOM
---------‘PR’ HOUSE’S QUEEN LOU
------------NITECH ‘PR’ SHIVES GOLDHILL LOU
--‘PR’ HOUSES SINGING RIVER QUEEN
-------------GRNITECH CH ‘PR’ SKUNA RIVER LIPPER
--------- GRNITECH ‘PR’ MACHINEGUN CASEY
-------------GRNITECH"PR"HIDEHUNTERS MACHINE GUN PEGGY
-----‘PR’ MACHINE GUN STYLISH RUBY
------------GRNITECH’PR’WAGERS’ STYLISH LIPPER
---------NITECH ‘PR’ STYLISH JEWEL
--------------NITECH ‘PR’ MORLOCK AND LEES HOUSES MILLIE

Old Post 05-22-2020 04:02 PM
RedCreek Hunter is offline Click Here to See the Profile for RedCreek Hunter Click here to Send RedCreek Hunter a Private Message Find more posts by RedCreek Hunter Add RedCreek Hunter to your buddy list Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote
andrewdavis
UKC Forum Member

Old timer thanks and you are correct he is a very fast dog when he wants to be treed 500 yrds in under 3 mins and he goes deeper then that he trees coons and is a nice tree dog. Thanks for your input. Nice hearing old stories!!

Nitech grch shannons hillbilly cookie (rip)
Pr davis'hillbilly tiny diamond
team hillbilly mac !!!

Old Post 06-19-2020 05:12 AM
andrewdavis is offline Click Here to See the Profile for andrewdavis Click here to Send andrewdavis a Private Message Click Here to Email andrewdavis Find more posts by andrewdavis Add andrewdavis to your buddy list Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote
yadkintar
Banned

Well I don’t know how old blood it is but I just bred my female which carry’s tar rattler about 5 times and bad habit is her grand sire to a direct son of bone collector and he is out of a direct daughter of lipper stylish rank.

Tar

Old Post 06-19-2020 08:51 PM
yadkintar is offline Click Here to See the Profile for yadkintar Click here to Send yadkintar a Private Message Click Here to Email yadkintar Find more posts by yadkintar Add yadkintar to your buddy list Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote